• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm sick of tired of not being able to play a full co-op game. Who wants to play right now? Matchmaking is worthless right now

slipknot2009

Neo Member
The Chef said:
Whats the story on this box set?

It's the Fortune Hunter Edition. It's a really rare, limited edition set that apparently won't be sold anywhere.

This reminds me, I haven't seen any of the big indie game blogs do any "unboxings" of the Fortune Hunter Edition. I wonder if Destructoid or 1Up wiill get a copy or something to give us an indepth look?

I love collectathons, and I would love hunting for the treasures in Uncharted, but I never know how many there are in any given area, and sometimes you can't really backtrack. I wish there was an easier or more organized way for me to get all them golden jiggies relics.

Gribbix

autobzooty said:
I love collectathons, and I would love hunting for the treasures in Uncharted, but I never know how many there are in any given area, and sometimes you can't really backtrack. I wish there was an easier or more organized way for me to get all them golden jiggies relics.
Once you complete a chapter, you can choose to replay that individual chapter from the main menu. Plus, when you look at the chapters from the chapter select menu, it'll tell you how many 'treasures' are in that chapter and how many you've already collected in it.

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
I'm sick of tired of not being able to play a full co-op game. Who wants to play right now? Matchmaking is worthless right now

I'm up for co-op. I don't have a headset though (or at least I don't really enjoy using them).

Anyways, my username is the same on PSN: Gribbix

DigiMish

slipknot2009 said:
This reminds me, I haven't seen any of the big indie game blogs do any "unboxings" of the Fortune Hunter Edition. I wonder if Destructoid or 1Up wiill get a copy or something to give us an indepth look?

It's because they're not even available yet. The people that won the Fortune Hunter Edition at the Uncharted 2 events didn't even get it right there. Sony PR said they will ship it out to them later... so from one point, the people that won the normal game were actually better off than those that won the Fortune Hunter Edition because they could go home and play it right there and then.

Gribbix said:
Once you complete a chapter, you can choose to replay that individual chapter from the main menu. Plus, when you look at the chapters from the chapter select menu, it'll tell you how many 'treasures' are in that chapter and how many you've already collected in it.

:eek:

is that new?

slipknot2009

Neo Member
DigiMish said:
It's because they're not even available yet. The people that won the Fortune Hunter Edition at the Uncharted 2 events didn't even get it right there. Sony PR said they will ship it out to them later... so from one point, the people that won the normal game were actually better off than those that won the Fortune Hunter Edition because they could go home and play it right there and then.

I thought I heard that Destructiod was gonna be giving away a FHE, but I can't find it on the google. Anyone else hear this or am I losing it?

The Chef

Gribbix said:
Chapter Select was in the first game. Although I don't believe it told you how many 'treasures' were in each chapter like it does in U2.

Definitely not in the first one. This is a feature that would have saved me tons of time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
neojubei said:
Anyone with the retail game now, do the pre-order codes work now?

Havent tried, but anyone with a preorder code can test it, whether or not you have the game

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wario64 said:
I'm dying to play some Co-Op (want to beat Survival). Send me a friend request (PSN ID: Killthee).

Safe Bet

Banned
TTP said:
I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a close combat system similar to the one employed in Batman: Arkham Asylum in an hypothetical Uncharted 3

Hold your horses.

I'm not talking about 1 vs 10 combat situations, with Drake flying around ninja style and stuff like that, but something a bit more "human", and yet as engaging as in Batman, with 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 combat situations that smoothly flow a la Batman: AA via a counter system and "context" based animations.
MP MELEE PLZ

So good! I am two hours in and i must say holy fucking shit games Perfect. How the fuck is this even possible... Fuck, if it weren't for tomorrow's midterm i would totally finish it today. :'(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
*sigh* So I followed the advice and redownloaded the UC2 beta, hoping people online would be willing to help me learn how to play the game.

Instead, the spent the entire time calling me a noob fag who should just end it all. So I left the game.

This is why I hate playing games online.

RurouniZel said:
*sigh* So I followed the advice and redownloaded the UC2 beta, hoping people online would be willing to help me learn how to play the game.

Instead, the spent the entire time calling me a noob fag who should just end it all. So I left the game.

Did you play with gaffers? I had some really good games earlier today with LoudNinja and Fersis. I'm only rank 7 and Fersis was 10, but Loudninja and his friend (Both approx ranks 35) both helped us out a lot and didnt ridicule us haha.

You should add some gaffers, seriously. Your enjoyment of the game will improve immensely.

arne

RurouniZel said:

mute them.

what do you need to learn in the online portion? you can add me, I'll help you out anytime, I'm sure all the gaffers here wouldn't mind helping you either.

psn: arne

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just noticed some guy on Craigslist is selling the game + the swag from the cinema events for $80. Wow. You guys should check Craigslist for morons if you want the game early :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RurouniZel said:

Or mute them.

Toki767

Wario64 said:
I just noticed some guy on Craigslist is selling the game + the swag from the cinema events for $80. Wow. You guys should check Craigslist for morons if you want the game early :lol
$80's not a bad deal considering you get the swag.

RurouniZel said:

Add me, ill help

psn: gamerecks

inner-G

Banned
RurouniZel said:

> mute all

a godsend for any online game!

mr_nothin

Banned
RurouniZel said:

Are you really that sensitive?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
arne said:
mute them.

what do you need to learn in the online portion? you can add me, I'll help you out anytime, I'm sure all the gaffers here wouldn't mind helping you either.

psn: arne
Is it me or is the retail copy failing to record who you meet online? I know the beta didn't add people you played with to the Players Met list, but why isn't the retail copy adding them? Is it just a bug or does it have something to do with the game not being officially out yet?

Virro

RurouniZel said:

You can't really expect to jump in and get 100% of the nuances right off the bat.

Find some people on here that you can play with and ease you into it.

Feel free to add me: REReAD

rhino4evr

Wario64 said:
no offense wario..but should you really be complaining? in a few days everyone else will have it and plenty of games will be available. maybe you shouldnt have rushed through the single player so fast?

JSnake

Finally finished my review, gave it a 10/10 and called it "the absolute strongest contender for game of the year so far."

Will post the review when it goes up

also i like the review because it has single handedly given me the money for left 4 dead 2 yippee

Gigglepoo

Amir0x said:
That train level has so much hype. Seems like it's gonna go down as one of the all time greatest action game levels.

Now I wish I didn't help hype this thing up. I didn't think it was the best section in the game, but I thought the pacing was particularly impressive. It's a train, for Christ's sake! I thought it was going to be like every other train sequence--linear and predictable. So I loved the way they changed up the action.

RurouniZel

mr_nothin said:
Are you really that sensitive?

No, it's just that I was hoping to get some help learning how to get better at the game mechanics by chatting with people online while I play.

I don't have any Gaffers on my PS3 friends list, since I don't know their PS3 names. :(

EDIT: I apologize for before, was just kind of disappointed. I'll add the names listed here and try again a little later.

EDIT EDIT: arne has reached max number of friends. Ah well. Adding everyone else, I'll try again. :) I really do want to learn to play this game properly, it looks amazing.

LQX

Played coop online for the first time and nearly had a orgasm. So good. A game has not grabbed me like that in a long time and I loved the first one.

Also why the hell doesn't a game like this have special edition everyone can buy? Seriously they could make ton more money and also give some fan service but instead they make a super duper rare edition which is just going to be sold with no appreciation.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gigglepoo said:
Now I wish I didn't help hype this thing up. I didn't think it was the best section in the game, but I thought the pacing was particularly impressive. It's a train, for Christ's sake! I thought it was going to be like every other train sequence--linear and predictable. So I loved the way they changed up the action.

After playing the whole game, it may not be the best best section of the game, but that's the beauty of Uncharted 2. The game never gives up on the excitement factor. When you think you reached the best part, you get to a part that's even better.

I think the train level is show off material or your home setup. I don't see how anyone could not be excited watching that sequence.

nib95

Banned
JSnake said:
Finally finished my review, gave it a 10/10 and called it "the absolute strongest contender for game of the year so far."

Will post the review when it goes up

also i like the review because it has single handedly given me the money for left 4 dead 2 yippee

Who do you write for?

rhino4evr

RurouniZel said:

you can add me. im not a huge online gamer
myself because of all the idiots online. if we play i promise i wont rip on you..im a noob too.
sauerreviews is my psn id

RurouniZel

Well, that was much better. Only managed to get 1 kill in 3 games, but its a start. Thanks for the help everyone! ^_^

snack

RurouniZel said:

Hey RurouniZel, feel free to add me on your friends list. I don't mind helping you learn how to play the game.

My PSN is: trueSAMURAI

Mode8

Banned
RurouniZel said:
Well, that was much better. Only managed to get 1 kill in 3 games, but its a start. Thanks for the help everyone! ^_^

I got 4 kills in one game. But I was on the crap team. The pre-game stats was stacked like:

Good guys Bad guys

1 12
3 34
3 17
4 22
2 15
6 31

Add me guys. I just picked the game up yesterday. Went online and there was 1 person playing, lol. My PSN ID is perineumlick. I love co-op and survival, and would love to try for the Back to Back medal on Crushing.

Gigglepoo

Wario64 said:
After playing the whole game, it may not be the best best section of the game, but that's the beauty of Uncharted 2. The game never gives up on the excitement factor. When you think you reached the best part, you get to a part that's even better.

Pretty much. My favorite part was Real Spoiler
jumping from jeep to jeep. I was laughing with glee.
Such an awesome game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
RurouniZel said:
No, it's just that I was hoping to get some help learning how to get better at the game mechanics by chatting with people online while I play.

I don't have any Gaffers on my PS3 friends list, since I don't know their PS3 names. :(

If you're still looking for someone to play with, hit me up @ Snuggler86
I don't give a shit if you don't get high scores and I'm pretty decent at the game so hopefully I can help. I'll be on pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom