• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The Sanctuary map

256xlyv.jpg

16k5if9.jpg

25s1itx.jpg

5b2ufb.jpg

5pe1x.jpg

deepbrown

Any chance these pics could be put as links rather than embedded. Even if they are multiplayer maps they are based on the SP...and I think they are pretty big spoilers. I had to close my eyes when I opened up this page :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You really want me to? I hope you havent seen any screen caps of the beta then, because it's basically just the same thing.

deepbrown

Wario64 said:
You really want me to? I hope you havent seen any screen caps of the beta then, because it's basically just the same thing.
You're showing maps that aren't in the Beta. Honestly I think many of us want these places to be a surprise.

You're not losing anything by putting them in links. Notice that no-one has posted in here since you posted...it's cause they're scared to see what shots you've added.

BTW: Uncharted 2 is the number one best-seller on Amazon.com and third behind Fifa10 on PS3 and 360 in the UK :) Looking good.

DigiMish

Dude, it's a multiplayer map that has been shown before. Let's not get jumpy here.

If you don't want the slightest spoilers, don't read the thread until you play the game.

deepbrown

DigiMish said:
Dude, it's a multiplayer map that has been shown before. Let's not get jumpy here.

If you don't want the slightest spoilers, don't read the thread until you play the game.
Yep, looks like that's what I'll have to do.

And shown to who? I haven't seen them.

And again the MP maps are based on the SP locations - so how aren't they spoilers?

Why can't they just be links? I don't understand. Then again I don't understand why you'd play through the whole game on a shitty internet quality video before release, when the developer has gone to all the trouble to create a game for HD TV's for people to buy.

Anyway, seems I'm out of the loop.

Virro

deepbrown said:

And again the MP maps are based on the SP locations - so how aren't they spoilers?

Why can't they just be links? I don't understand. Then again I don't understand why you'd play through the whole game on a shitty internet quality video before release, when the developer has gone to all the trouble to create a game for HD TV's for people to buy.

To be fair, they've basically been plastered over the internet in one form or another for the better part of a few months now...

deepbrown said:

i'm with ya, deepbrown. i wish i hadn't seen those pics. i'd hate to abandon this thread, but it might become necessary.

:(

satriales

Virro said:
To be fair, they've basically been plastered over the internet in one form or another for the better part of a few months now...
These new pics are from maps there weren't in the beta. I've been following Uncharted 2 quite closely and the only time I've seen these levels is in a video a couple of weeks that walked through all of the multiplayer levels.

I don't mind these screenshots myself, but I can see why some might.

deepbrown

Loudninja said:
Its a multiplayer map, what is wrong with some of you?
I'll say it again. The maps are based on the SP campaign. Much of the reward from playing the SP are from discovering the vistas after a long battle.

deepbrown said:
Any chance these pics could be put as links rather than embedded. Even if they are multiplayer maps they are based on the SP...and I think they are pretty big spoilers. I had to close my eyes when I opened up this page :(

In the interest of not getting spoiled, you may just want to bail until you finish the game. If you think those are spoilers you will probably get hugely spoiled by some random... just sayin'.

Twix

Got the game yesterday :D

right now I'm playing through chapter 8 (or whatever you might call it) and I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how much the game has improved over its predecessor in every aspect.

Shifting between platforming, shooting and the new stealth elements is perfectly paced, platforming in particular seemed way more fun than Uncharted 1.

Graphically speaking, Holy ****, this game smashes everything out there, no kidding, Uncharted 2 provides everything I could've dreamed of in a "next-gen" game back in 2005. nothing else comes close to this game, congratulations ND.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just curious, but you can't use the camera in single player, right?

Mores the pity if you can't, because seeing some of Wario's off-screen shots earlier, they looked incredibly good.

Wario - is there much difference between mp and sp graphics? Or is it just scope and things that are different?

Violater

I agree with deepbrown, ughh did I really just say that.:D
Anyway I think you guys with the game already are being a bit over zealous, I was satisfied when people were just posting "OMG OMG" etc.

gofreak said:
Wario - is there much difference between mp and sp graphics? Or is it just scope and things that are different?

no free-range camera pic taking in SP, I'm afraid.

the difference in graphics quality from MP to SP is about as substantial as any other big title out there: stronger texture work, bigger scope, more detailed character models, more diverse array of particle effects, etc. The leap is obvious, but it's a fucking ace looking game regardless of which mode you're playing.

Dear God... the colors, the details, the level design... Uncharted 2 just oozes awesomeness. This is the most beautiful game I have ever played.

Killzone 2 has been overthrown.

nextwish

Sorry guys, I just had to show off! I got my copy today too! Woo hoo

For those of you in Hong Kong and are willing to pay a premium, a couple of stores in 188 have got it.

3995555962_2d20ae12bb.jpg

3994798505_f41bac2ca6.jpg

Screenshots of multiplayer maps are off limits in the Official Thread? Seriously, if you're that sensitive to spoilers, this thread is just not going to be safe for you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
So will my experience and money in the Demo will transfer to the retail copy? Right?
it won't, unfortunately

chris0701 said:
??

DivX logo on the back of UC2 disc package. Any suggestion of that?

I might be talking out of my ass but I thought the cutscenes in the original Uncharted where done in engine but recorded as HD videos. Is that a possible reason?

DarkKyo

Probably already been asked but do the stats from the multiplayer demo carry over to the actual game? Like your level and money?

Dechaios said:
Probably already been asked but do the stats from the multiplayer demo carry over to the actual game? Like your level and money?
They do not. Sorry, but at least you should have the skills to gain it all back pretty quickly :lol

Miami never gets shit early. I think we're too far south, not close to any distribution facilities or something, because we NEVER get lucky with game releases.

Lince

Banned
GAME Spain processed my order/billed my CC

too bad next Monday is our national holiday... so U2 for me on Tuesday \o/

deepbrown

Felix Lighter said:
I might be talking out of my ass but I thought the cutscenes in the original Uncharted where done in engine but recorded as HD videos. Is that a possible reason?
Maybe you can copy the BTS videos to your HDD.

Virro

Dechaios said:

I feel bad for the guys who've already gotten up to 70+ ...that's gonna take a while to get back.

rhino4evr

VindicatorZ said:
Miami never gets shit early. I think we're too far south, not close to any distribution facilities or something, because we NEVER get lucky with game releases.

you are correct sir. The only time we get stuff early is when it's a big release and the games are shipped over a week ahead. Most titles don't come in until the day after their release date in these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom