• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arne

polyh3dron said:
Please explain the video then.

I can't say right now. but it's not off. the tests i've read about and seen been done to demonstrate aiming have all ended up being in some very specific (near-edge) cases.

polyh3dron said:
Please explain the video then.
The aiming isn't off, but what we see in the video is that the hitboxes for the character aren't following her head the way its positioned.

Edit - I can't seem to recreate whats happening in this video with my friend on village or on "the stage". Might just be something that happens from goofing around too much in The Stage?

deepbrown

Had a funny lag moment. Was playing co-op and one guy couldn't see any of the enemies...and could only see me running around killing invisible people.

Then grenades where being thrown and getting stuck everywhere and not exploding.

Then he couldn't see me...apparently I was just dead on the floor...and I was shooting him in the head. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think I'm gonna start another Uncharted marathon...this time starting with Uncharted 1 and then Uncharted 2, back to back...on Crushing difficulty

Can't get enough of these games :)

deepbrown

xenorevlis said:
The aiming isn't off, but what we see in the video is that the hitboxes for the character aren't following her head the way its positioned.

Edit - I can't seem to recreate whats happening in this video with my friend on village or on "the stage". Might just be something that happens from goofing around too much in The Stage?
This happens near walls.

People complaining about the aiming being off when up close too.

Toki767

Wario64 said:
I think I'm gonna start another Uncharted marathon...this time starting with Uncharted 1 and then Uncharted 2, back to back...on Crushing difficulty

Goodluck. You should see if you can stream it. I'm sure people would love to watch.

agaru

BTW, the game doesn't detect my Uncharted 1's trophies when I check for them. I don't have the save file for U1, but those trophies are stored in my online profile?

Oh congrats Wario on the platinum, you're fast. :p I'm still at chapter ~15, and man do I love this game? The best this gen.

Jaroof

Wow, GG Rapping Granny, Kilgore, and omega_blue

That may have been the best/most intense plunder match I've ever played :lol
Our comeback was insane.

LaneDS

KAOz said:
As far as I know, that skin should be in directly and be unlockable/purchasable. :p

Haha, I like how we collectively represent the "old dudes are awesome" division of Uncharted-GAF.

Can any of you retail folks confirm that skin is already in?

JardeL said:
You can send unlimited invites to anyone on your friends list at multiplayer , that needs to be fixed. Seeing 50+ invites [ and also messages in Message Box ] is not funny and takes too long to clear up. Just check out LBP's invite system ND, ASAP.

FIX THIS SHIT GG!!!!

yea this definitely needs some improvement as I've also had the same happen to me, maybe have multiple invites from the same person stack instead of individual messages.(dunno if thats possible)

KAOz

Short bus special
LaneDS said:
Haha, I like how we collectively represent the "old dudes are awesome" division of Uncharted-GAF.

Fuck yeah damnit.

Those two where the highlights. Specially Sully. Who is the only one I play as when I'm Heroes. Everyone knows he's THE man and the real driving force behind Uncharted.

Schrade

Earlier there was talk about the $49.99 price at Fry's. Here's the proof (upper right hand corner) Fucking awesome price. I'm definitely going to Fry's during lunch :)

Source: http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=8419167&advid=32664&type=
jrzdr9.jpg

Irish

Kagari said:
Long shot, but anyone near Indianapolis find it early? D:

I would like to know as well.

JardeL said:
Seeing 50+ invites [ and also messages in Message Box ] is not funny and takes too long to clear up. J

It may not be funny for you, but I love imagining it when aj starts sending them. Nah, I'm just messing around.

Also, I'd like to apologize for not being the nicest person with you, but I would like you to know that I'm in no way serious.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:

there's something about the series (or, at least, the first game, for all I know) that is just so replayable. I don't know exactly what it is, it's just fun.

Rez said:
there's something about the series (or, at least, the first game, for all I know) that is just so replayable. I don't know exactly what it is, it's just fun.
Well acted characters, light spirited writing, great graphics, solid gameplay, and most importantly, bright fucking colours.
Has anyone playing Uncharted 2 gone back to the original Uncharted to see how it holds up, graphically speaking....

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
theignoramus said:
Well acted characters, light spirited writing, great graphics, solid gameplay, and most importantly, bright fucking colours.
Has anyone playing Uncharted 2 gone back to the original Uncharted to see how it holds up, graphically speaking....

I played the first one and then 2 back-to-back, and the first one does hold up pretty well visually by today's standards. Doesn't hold a candle to the sequel, but then not many games do.

ezekial45

Banned
Earlier this morning I beat the game on Crushing and got the strange relic! I need to hunt a lot of treasures before I can get my platinum. I'll do that later, anyone up for some Co-op or co-op objective games?

*EDIT* Oh and I sorta agree that Hard was more difficult than Crushing due to the fact that if you don't cover you'll get taken out within seconds, so the more you cover the easier it becomes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ezekial45 said:
Earlier this morning I beat the game on Crushing and got the strange relic! I need to hunt a lot of treasures before I can get my platinum. I'll do that later, anyone up for some Co-op or co-op objective games?

Get working on upgrading those weapons, I want to tackle co-op objective maps on Hard difficulty sometime :)

xenorevlis said:

no the hitboxes are fine, from what i can tell the bullet leaves the gun in an accurate way and strike the wall beside the head/body - hence no kill as it's not touching the hitbox at all. It looks like the reticule we see at close range doesn't really line up with the target but at a longer range it would, not a major issue and i'd imagine this has actually been there since uncharted 1.

Andronicus said:
weren't first party titles supposed to be 10 dollars cheaper on PS3? what happened with that?or was i on a bad trip?

I believe that was their policy during the PS2 era. But you still had plenty of exceptions like the God of War games.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
I believe that was their policy during the PS2 era. But you still had plenty of exceptions like the God of War games.

It was true with PSP games too. TP were 50 and FP were forty. Now FP is forty, and so is TP. And actually, MHF: Unite which is TP is 30.

50 would be nice for FP games on the PS3/360. They do get a bigger cut of $$$$ and all...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wario64 said:

There's seriously something about them. I almost never replay story driven games. Sometimes I say to myself that I will, but I always end up never doing it as I get something new to play or watch or whatever. Yet, I've replayed first Uncharted probably 5 times on different difficulties and I always had fun with it. It has some kind of go-go-go factor that just never lets up.

v1c

ugh! why doesn't anyone ever fuckin "party up"!? They should automatically do it for you.
anyone up for some demo multi? add me!

mr_nothin

Banned
v1c said:
ugh! why doesn't anyone ever fuckin "party up"!? They should automatically do it for you.
anyone up for some demo multi? add me!
Cause it takes 30 mins to party up, I can go back and join another game before it finishes partying up.

dralla

I was manually renaming my pictures to transfer them to my flash stick, didn't realize there was a rename and save option :lol

:[

Gribbix

LaneDS said:

Can any of you retail folks confirm that skin is already in?

He's not available for purchase. Currently, there are only 13 skins available per team in the store. Neither he nor Eddy/Navarro currently appear in the store, but the credits plus the image directory on Naughty Dog's website pretty much confirms that he in the multiplayer portion. They might be saving them and the other mystery skins for some sort of unique reward like the Recon armor from Halo 3's multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom