• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Freak

Banned
B1gg_Randall said:
For some strange reason, my Ps3 fan goes on high after 20 mins of playing UC 2!! Is something wrong with my Ps3???

No! The PS3 gets all hot and bothered running the sexiest game ever created, and needs to cool down before it splooges. It's perfectly fine!

Opiate

bcn-ron said:
Uncharted 2 has auto-aim only on lower difficulty settings. On hard and crushing, it has none.
I did replay some chapters on easy to quickly grab a treasure or two, and the auto-aim at work there is pretty shocking, I agree.

Just as a general tip, I enjoy pretty much every game, no matter the genre or style, more on higher difficulty levels. Makes me explore my options more, and that usually brings a greater appreciation of the finer details of the design.

I prefer a strong challenge in games too, but I typically play single player games through on their default difficulty setting first, which I believe is "normal," in the case of U2. This is because default tends to be the most well balanced, with other difficulty settings seeing unintended spikes. I agree in general, however. This is why I typically prefer multiplayer games: they're extremely challenging.

Indeed it's a bad list, especially since the auto-aim thing isn't true.

Yes it is, although others have pointed out that the hardest difficulty settings don't have aim assist, which is good.

Why did you try the game when you already knew that it is a story driven dual analog shooter with spectacular graphics?

I answered this question in the post you quoted. The answer is right here:

me in the post you quoted said:
Why did I play it? Because I had hoped that if any game could convince me to enjoy this type of game, it would be U2. I didn't enjoy it, so I think that puts the nail in the coffin for story driven single player shooters for me, at least on consoles.

I'm not sure I could answer such a question more directly than that. Otherwise, what is "bad" about my list? You said my list is "bad." Honest question here -- I'm listening.

Before you take it off your table, have you tried the online component?
Surprisingly fun, and a great surprise on a game that's known for its strong single player component.

I truly love multiplayer games, and I did toy around for a bit, it seemed fun. However, at this point, I've already sent the game back to Gamefly, and I didn't love it the multiplayer so much that I needed to buy it outright. Just to reiterate one last time: I could tell this was a very well made game, it just doesn't suit my tastes.

Alright, it's live! 118MB download, shouldn't take long :D Will see you guys online. :D Happy Thanksgiving to US GAF, btw, and thanks a bunch to Naughty Dog and SCEA for this amazing game!

mr_nothin

Banned
FunkyPajamas said:
Alright, it's live! 118MB download, shouldn't take long :D Will see you guys online. :D Happy Thanksgiving to US GAF, btw, and thanks a bunch to Naughty Dog and SCEA for this amazing game!
Music to my ears...but who's to say how many matches its going to take before you can actually play the map XD. My download is going really fast. Took 15 secs :lol

I wonder if there were any changes made.

"Syncing LiveData" <3

Opiate said:
I'm not sure I could answer such a question more directly than that. Otherwise, what is "bad" about my list? You said my list is "bad." Honest question here -- I'm listening.

It's a bad list because instead of mentioning the cons of the game you just state features the game has and say you don't like those. You don't like great presentation, you don't care about graphics, you don't like dual analog games.

How can you be disappointed in a game's characteristics when you already know that it will have these characteristics? I don't like Nintendo games' horrible presentation but I don't go in every Nintendo game thread saying that I'm disappointed in its awful presentation because I already expect that.

Greg

Just got the game and started a custom match on the new map... looks like a fun layout that doesn't try to do too much.

I look forward to playing some co-op arena in it because that's still my favorite.

Cesar

Banned
I just booted U2 but I don't see where I can download the map? It's only up in the US for now or something (I'm in Europe)?

Kittonwy said:
How come?
Indifferent2.gif
Ask the firmware team :mad: Can't believe they released such broken firmware. Dropped bluetooth connections and one of the biggest SCE releases doesn't even work.

Opiate

fortified_concept said:
It's a bad list because instead of mentioning the cons of the game you just state features the game has and say you don't like those. You don't like great presentation, you don't care about graphics, you don't like dual analog games.

That's because it is has very few cons. As I said, it's a very well made game.

How can you be disappointed in a game's characteristics when you already know that it will have these characteristics?

I explained this. Twice. Here is the quotation again, for your sake:

me for the third time said:
Why did I play it? Because I had hoped that if any game could convince me to enjoy this type of game, it would be U2. I didn't enjoy it, so I think that puts the nail in the coffin for story driven single player shooters for me, at least on consoles.

To put this another way: because of its high quality, I was hoping this game would convince me that I can enjoy story/graphics driven shooters. It didn't convince me of that, so I'm disappointed.

I don't like Nintendo games' horrible presentation but I don't go in every Nintendo game thread saying that I'm disappointed in its awful presentation because I already expect that.

I generally don't like Nintendo games either, and I have indeed tried Galaxy and given the same basic explanation of, "It's a well made game, but yep, I really don't enjoy Platformers." I really don't see what the problem is: I came in to give my impressions of the game. I didn't particularly enjoy it, and I explained why very clearly. What's the issue?

mr_nothin

Banned
Maybe it's placebo but it feels much more responsive and like there's less lag.
Hopefully it stays like this...

I've only played 1 match though...no Fort yet :(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Hahahah, just played a single deathmatch. This weekend I'm going to be really busy, so I'm going to miss a good chance to level up :( Playing as fatty Lazarevic was a blast, though :lol

So does it appear on the PS Store or is it a actually update for the game? Don't have the game on me at the moment since I rented it but planning on getting it later.

Kittonwy

Banned
CrushDance said:
Ask the firmware team :mad: Can't believe they released such broken firmware. Dropped bluetooth connections and one of the biggest SCE releases doesn't even work.

Oic.
Indifferent2.gif

FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA!
angry.gif

I appear to have accidentally booted up some form of Private Alpha of the game where the only map available is The Village.

No wait, its just EVERYONE FUCKING KEEPS VOTING FOR IT JESUS CHRIST.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DJ Crimson said:
So does it appear on the PS Store or is it a actually update for the game? Don't have the game on me at the moment since I rented it but planning on getting it later.
It's a mandatory update.

Violater

As much as I like this game the MP has too many flaws for me to seriously get into it.
Its good for a 1/2 hour pickup but that's about it.

Opiate said:
What's the issue?

Effectively the problem is that you think people should care (since you posted). People don't generally post pure impressions, they're usually tied in with observations that the game "needs to have more of <feature>" or "The <whatever> was really well done" or "<random map> is poorly designed" Something like that. Those type of post generally provoke discussion or agreement over various design choices of the developers, and are thus often an interesting discussion. Posts that essentially boil down to "I tried a genre I don't like, and I didn't like it." are generally uninteresting and annoying to read as it lowers the overall quality of the thread. Just imagine if every random poster slapped up an impressions post like that, we'd be inundated with shit and no productive conversations would ever come of the thread. I know you're free to post whatever, and I'm certainly not going to tell you to stop, after all if it really bugged me I can click ignore, but much like you are free to post, people are free to hate on what you write.

Have you ever seen Dax01 post? A lot of his stuff is like that, very needlessly argumentative over everything combined with the unshakeable belief that his opinion is right for everyone and yours is wrong.

mr_nothin

Banned
Fort has an epic opening.
I can tell I'm going to HATE this map with higher ranks. Just played with five lvl 51's and one lvl 53. Four lvl 51's and the level 53 on 1 team.

2 of them played Fort before. Before the match even started, I hear "I know where the rocket is...." and "I know where the shotgun is". The rocket guy had Rocket Man and camped some high up spot and just shot everybody with rockets. Then we had like 2 shot gunners waiting at corners. And the other 2 were back in the spawn with the FAL just shooting.

Couldnt even move out the damn spawn.

Anyways...anybody having problems with bullets actually hitting ppl? I swear it's taking forever to kill somebody now. Some guy had Invalid on and I shot a whole clip into him and he didnt die and didnt even walk away slow. wtf

mr_nothin said:
Anyways...anybody having problems with bullets actually hitting ppl? I swear it's taking forever to kill somebody now. Some guy had Invalid on and I shot a whole clip into him and he didnt die and didnt even walk away slow. wtf
That's the story of my
Uncharted 2 MP
life. ;_;

mr_nothin

Banned
SteelAttack said:
That's the story of my
Uncharted 2 MP
life. ;_;
Seriously...Im mid/close range and Im loading bullets into them and NOTHING. WTF is going on. It's pissing me off to no end. I'm not using Down The Irons by the way. That seems to be fucking fine and dandy cause they're killing me pretty quickly.

On another note, did they change it to where after the match ends that it goes back to match making when you dont press anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom