• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
JB1981 said:
is the new map now just part of the playlist or do you have to download it separtely?
It's an update for U2 (v1.02) that you have to download or else you can't go online.

Alidar

Neo Member
Update on the ND blog:

UPDATE 2:45 PM PST: We have noticed that players have had an issue with receiving the proper rewards for Double Cash weekend. All players will shortly be receiving the correct amounts for kills and winning a match. We are still looking into the issue regarding Medal awards. We’ll update this post when we have more information.

wouwie

I never play multiplayer games but i tried out UC2 tonight and it's surprisingly fun (although still a tad too fast for me). I only tried deathmatch so far.

However, some newbie questions/issues i'm having with the game:
- grenades seem instant death since they immediately explode. Not a lot of fun. The game should allow a small time to dodge the grenade
- is the hit ratio variable with level. A lot of times, the opponents can take a lot of bullets from me but i can only take one hit from them. It often puzzles me. I never win any close combat gameplay (neither shooting or melee).
- is the matchmaking taking into account the level of the players?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
wouwie said:
I never play multiplayer games but i tried out UC2 tonight and it's surprisingly fun (although still a tad too fast for me). I only tried deathmatch so far.

However, some newbie questions/issues i'm having with the game:
- grenades seem instant death since they immediately explode. Not a lot of fun. The game should allow a small time to dodge the grenade
- is the hit ratio variable with level. A lot of times, the opponents can take a lot of bullets from me but i can only take one hit from them. It often puzzles me. I never win any close combat gameplay (neither shooting or melee).
- is the matchmaking taking into account the level of the players?
-Laggy grenades = insta death
- Nope, but some guns take less shots to kill.
-Nope, ranked takes into account skill rank though.

mr_nothin

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Not me. Didn't you have the problem before? It got worse now?

Btw matchmaking is faster. It's too early to tell if they made it more balanced but so far so good.
Never had the problem before. Thought it was just 1 game but it spanned out over all games after that. Only after the patch have I had this problem. I dont use Down the Irons by the way.

mr_nothin

Banned
Good to know I'm not the only one!
There's something really buggy about the shooting/auto-aim going on.

Hell, I would be happy about the change but with ppl killing me left and right and me not having a fighting chance...its making it a debbie downer. Now if everybody had the same bullet registering "problem" as I do, then it would be fine but NO.

:(
pls fix cause it's pissing me off!!!

I swear, I notice the most minute changes to games. I'm super sensitive to this stuff. So much so that I have to use a certain controller because the sensitivity is different on each stick.

I even have to use certain usb ports for my mouse because they all have their own sensitivity/click delay.

Killthee

mr_nothin said:
Good to know I'm not the only one!
There's something really buggy about the shooting/auto-aim going on.

Hell, I would be happy about the change but with ppl killing me left and right and me not having a fighting chance...then its making it a debbie downer. Now if everybody had the same bullet registering "problem" as I do, then it would be fine but NO.

:(
pls fix cause it's pissing me off!!!
Might just be the skin. Maybe the hitbox is the same as the slim skin.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yes I'll have your babies Arne, it was silly of you to feel the need to ask.

mr_nothin

Banned
Killthee said:
Might just be the skin. Maybe the hitbox is the same as the slim skin.
It's definitely not that. They're standing RIGHT in front of me (not close enough for melee though) and not even looking at me because they're shooting somebody else. I'm aimed dead center on them and I empty a clip and a half into them and they just run and hit a corner and fire back and I'm dead.

Even with the FAL, I see the crosshair going red for 4+ bursts. It should only take 3-4 at the absolute max if you're seeing it go read for every burst.

There's something going on with the game :/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Desiato said:
Is there a way to turn off the next-gen filter in Fort?
Eh, it looks like the Fort level here takes place somewhere right before sunset, while it seemed like it was mid-day when you were there in the first game.
I don't think it looks like their 'next gen' filter at all, it looks more along the lines what the church courtyard level looked right before the end of the first game, when the sun was setting there as well.

Bleh.

Used to coming in first 90% of the time. Now that everyone and their laggy conections is back from MW2 for double cash weekend, I'm getting terrible lag that I've NEVER experienced in this game before. Maybe some of it has to do with some online tweaks that I'm not aware of but then again, I'm not sure a patch would have included allowing a guy to kill me with a shotgun at a certain range and having it take 3 shots for me from a similar range. Oh.. and watching people not die with a clip is not fun especially when I die so quickly.

I guess the tell-tale sign was watching someone die long after i was firing at him. I was spraying ahead of him tryig to lead him and I got the kill... how sad. Can't wait for everyone to go back to their shitty games so I can have fun again :D .

KurowaSan

2i8aayu.jpg

I died just as I was completing gold rush round 10 (the last one) and this is what happened :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
The best thing about the patch is that it seems that they've disconnected the FAL firing rate problem from lag. I'm firing bursts back to back smoothly now. And even though the grenades blast isnt fixed, I'm escaping alot more grenades now.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG, just played a PROPER match on Fort w/o ppl camping with shotguns and rocket launchers. Good God this map is AWESOME. My favorite map now. It reminds me of temple with how you can flank and have these big fun fights. It's so awesome.

Advancing/defending the top middle area with your team and watching the other team do the same is beyond epic. This is how UC2 online is suppose to be.

Killthee

vazel said:
Just played deathmatch for first time. Why is everyone fat?
Special weekend skin. We had Skeletons vs. Zombies on Halloween and now Fatties for Thanksgiving.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
_leech_ said:
Still no update on the money situation?
It's seemed fine to me since I was getting 10K+ per match when I wasn't sucking.

How often are stats updated on the ND site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom