• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

The new maps look great and I'm really liking the new medals. Trophies are cool as well. Only issue is the timing. I'm sure I'll still be spending most of my time on Heavy Rain when the 25th rolls around.

noah111

Still Alive
web01 said:
+crushing health

+split community

+online trophies

GG ND for fucking your own game
How the fuck do online trophies effect you in such a way that it ruins the game? They're not required to get the platinum, so what's your point?

Levi

Banned
Less QQ, more pew pew. The maps are cheap, ND is trying to do right by us, what the fuck else do you want? Everyone is shitting on the rebalancing the next update is going to do without actually playing it first. It's not like they are just going to implement crushing the way it was during the experimental weekend. Slightly lowered health is only one of many tweaks that are coming up.

I'm thrilled that they added new trophies and new medals and new skins and new maps. Everyone keeps bitching that there's nothing left to play for after you hit 50: well now there is. Leveling up is going so slowly for me that it'll be nice to have something besides my next level to work towards. I love the way the trophy progress is tracked, I know I'm going to be popping into that menu all the time to track my progress.

I'm also excited at the new medals. Maybe the new medals will distract me from being depressed that I might never get 5 Not Alive. (I just wish I got money for them, since I'm already maxing out most matches without the benefit of the new medals).

Good show, ND. Can't believe people are already saying the MP is ruined without playing even one second of its new iteration.

Agent X

VsRobot said:
I'm thrilled that they added new trophies and new medals and new skins and new maps. Everyone keeps bitching that there's nothing left to play for after you hit 50: well now there is. Leveling up is going so slowly for me that it'll be nice to have something besides my next level to work towards. I love the way the trophy progress is tracked, I know I'm going to be popping into that menu all the time to track my progress.

This sums it up nicely. The inclusion of new trophies and medals is sure to rekindle interest in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer game (which I have admittedly been ignoring as of late). It gives the dedicated multiplayer gamers some new goals that they can aim for.

If you're primarily a single-player gamer who rarely (or never) touches multiplayer, then this doesn't affect you in any way, and won't hinder you from getting the other existing trophies or in-game awards.

mr_nothin

Banned
How exactly is this splitting the community? This isnt a game where you're put on a server and stay there for more than 1 game. Dont have the mappack? Guess what? We'll put you with ppl on maps other than the paid dlc. And guess what? You can still play games with ppl who have the dlc because it isnt like they're losing the old maps.

Wtf are you ppl talking about?
I'm sure if you're in a party with someone with DLC and if there's other ppl in that party that dont have the DLC then they'll just pick the free maps.

mr_nothin said:
How exactly is this splitting the community? This isnt a game where you're put on a server and stay there for more than 1 game. Dont have the mappack? Guess what? We'll put you with ppl on maps other than the paid dlc. And guess what? You can still play games with ppl who have the dlc because it isnt like they're losing the old maps.

Wtf are you ppl talking about?
I'm sure if you're in a party with someone with DLC and if there's other ppl in that party that dont have the DLC then they'll just pick the free maps.

Have to wait and see how it's implemented, we don't know for sure how it's going to be handled. It doesn't really split the community, but what is more of concern as with all MP shooters with DLC, is who your going to play the DLC with and what frequency your going to get full games going with the dlc content.

So many games with dlc maps are just a waste as you never find enough ppl who bought the maps.

Maps look GREAT. Hope the UC1 Skins will have voices. MP Matches seem so much quieter since a good portion of people use either the skeletons or the PS Heroes. Looking forward to replacing my Villain Skin, Sark, with Eddie.

Now about the maps though, will they start showing up in regular matchmaking and have to be purchased for Custom Games? Or will it be Custom Games only?

-Winnie-

Eh, not that excited about this new DLC. I know it's a longshot, but it'd be awesome to see some maps from other games like with the skins. :>

arne

web01 said:
+crushing health

+split community

+online trophies

GG ND for fucking your own game

we made a great game that showed we put a lot of thought into it.

so where does this instant lack of trust is coming from?

ps. the end of the world is nigh

mr_nothin

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Have to wait and see how it's implemented, we don't know for sure how it's going to be handled. It doesn't really split the community, but what is more of concern as with all MP shooters with DLC, is who your going to play the DLC with and what frequency your going to get full games going with the dlc content.

So many games with dlc maps are just a waste as you never find enough ppl who bought the maps.
I'm not sure of any other way it will be implemented.

Gloinn

Neo Member
Yeah... it's not a good week for uncharted 2.
Even if making map cost, splitting the community on a game which begin to be "old" is not a good idea. And adding trophies after 6 months of the release ? Hmmmm seems strange. It's like they didn't think that the online could be successfull and now, they know they have some good lovers. That will explain why this game is so full of bugs and why there is so much lag. Think it's the end of the road for me. Will play another game. Glad Bad Company 2 is at few weeks from me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
arne said:

Some people just over react when something they like is being changed. I don't want to see a repeat of KZ2 with multiple patches tweaking the game back and forth but I know to trust the judgement of the GOTY 2009 studio and I'm sure that I'll still enjoy the game either way. Also, I spend most of my U2 time in MP at this point so I'm all for online trophies, if anything it might encourage people to try out the MP...and I don't see why adding new trophies 6 months post-release is an issue, it happens all the time. Just look at MGS4, people are still begging for trophies and it came out 18 months ago.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think everyone here is bitching just for the sake of bitching. The new trophies don't really make you go out of your way to earn the trophies (not like Killzone 2 at least). If you play multiplayer regularly, you will get the trophies without much trouble. It's not like you are forced to play with pistols only or M79 only. Plus these are just friggin trophies, who cares? You guys can get your platinum still without playing multi.

As regards to paid DLC maps, don't forget that we've already gotten a free map before this. Just cause they give out free content and now they are charging us, everyone is crying foul? At least $2 for a map is not total overkill like some other games.

web01

arne said:

How about the fact you are interpreting the results of the poll in a flawed mannered to back up your decisions in changing not only the balance but they way the game will be played online when its already very good except for a couple small issues that could easily be fixed yet have been ignored.

The main thing that is wrong with uncharted 2 online is the ability to spam a nade at your feet the instant before you die killing the other player when they clearly deserve the kill.

This could be easily fixed by upping the minimum grenade timer at short distance or having stopping power from bullets significantly slow down the grendade throw animation when not in cover yet this has been ignored since launch and instead you are making uneccessary changes.

This change is going to make alot more people upset than those that it makes happy which is the small group of Call of Duy fans that wants it so in every game you die in a couple bullets.

Gaming history is filled with Devs not being able to get online balance correct and losing the trust of players in the process, why change what doesnt need fixing?

I said why it is fine that way it is:

web01 said:
Best thing about having a decent amount of health is that its not always the person to shoot first that wins as a smart player can outwit an opponent and turn the tables around.
This also helps to reduce the effects of lag as its less about twitch shooting skills. And it also reduces the effect of players camping in obscure places waiting for a kill.

Also on a nother note lets also not forget when Naughty Dog screwed over people in europe you brought the Eye of Indra episodes when only a week later a bundle came out with multiplayer skins included. I know myself and many other people wrote nice emails directly to Naughty Dog about this which were completely ignored and not responded to. You also had nothing to say but your just a PR guy who picks and chooses who you respond to here to suit your agenda while ignoring any tough questions.

Darkatomz

Too many people here need to stop moaning and bitching... You don't want to pay? Don't. Think it will lock you out of games with others? You'll still be playing the old maps with the people who didn't buy the content and even with the people who DID buy it. And no, $6 for everything isn't going to break your bank if you own a $300+ console.

I'm damn excited for the new maps. I'm damn excited for the skins. Yes, I'm going to buy all of the new DLC.

Seriously, this place complains more than 6 year old schoolgirls do on a daily basis.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
Less QQ, more pew pew. The maps are cheap, ND is trying to do right by us, what the fuck else do you want? Everyone is shitting on the rebalancing the next update is going to do without actually playing it first. It's not like they are just going to implement crushing the way it was during the experimental weekend. Slightly lowered health is only one of many tweaks that are coming up.

I'm also excited at the new medals. Maybe the new medals will distract me from being depressed that I might never get 5 Not Alive. (I just wish I got money for them, since I'm already maxing out most matches without the benefit of the new medals).

Good show, ND. Can't believe people are already saying the MP is ruined without playing even one second of its new iteration.

The new maps look amazing, I can't wait.
Indifferent2.gif

Levi

Banned
Eh, the crybabies will find a new thread to shit in soon. Suspicious of all these dudes who've never been in a GAF game, hardly ever posted in this thread, all of a sudden popping up to dump on ND. Go play Dante's Inferno some more you Xbots.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Story DLC is way too much to expect, but I'd shit my panties if they released new co-op objective maps. I love that mode but 3 missions is a bummer, if they were to add a few more I'd be thrilled.

I agree with web01 on the 'nades, I hate them, but not on anything else. It sounds like he takes this way too seriously and should go sit in the corner and cool off for awhile.

Rikyfree

VsRobot said:
Eh, the crybabies will find a new thread to shit in soon. Suspicious of all these dudes who've never been in a GAF game, hardly ever posted in this thread, all of a sudden popping up to dump on ND. Go play Dante's Inferno some more you Xbots.
I never see you in a GAF game. Errr maybe I should clarify. I never see you perform well ever in a GAF game, or in any game for that matter. /Gauntlet thrown, SLAP! Oh no he di'int!

Gloinn

Neo Member
Finding a game is already very very long for an MP game. Now you'll have to find people which have the same DLC content that you. Maybe it won't affect much people who don't pay this DLC but the one with it ???? If you wanna plan on the new map, you'll have to find 9 people with the DLC, 9 people who don't glitch or play the game for the game and not for farming the stupids trophies. Coz I'm pretty sure a lot of Level 4X - 5X will farm just to have the trophy with 3500 kills (whatever the number). Because they'll be frustrated to "do it again". And with new stamina or new strengh of weapon, i'm pretty sure some "clever guys" will find the weapon which is stronger, they will camp and play for trophies. Like a lot of online game affected by bad trophies.
That's how it splits community.

For me the REAL problem of Uncharted 2 (which is a game that I LOVE, that's why i'm so disapointed) is his lag, his glitches, his bugs and the waiting queue way to long. And not only Naughty Dog don't communicate at all about that but when they communicate it's only for DLC (not cheap btw) and for charming people who will play Call of Duty whatever happen. You really think these guys will drop their "nuclear weapon" for a powerful FAL in Uncharted ? Come on !

I won't condamn the game, and try with all of these new stuff. But i won't pay for this DLC who, according to me, weakened the game.

Rikyfree

I ignore them usually. New content is great in this man's opinion. Speaking of content, Arne, since I know you prowl this thread from time to time in the shadows. Where's my baseball shirt Drake?! I shall hound you till answered, good sir!

So 60% did not want crushing difficulty yet they're now making it permanent?

Ohhhkay.

Is that really the problem with multiplayer? Maybe they're tweaking gun damage as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The other stuff sounds cool, though, and I'm fine with paying 4 bucks for 2 awesome new maps.

Rikyfree said:
I never see you in a GAF game. Errr maybe I should clarify. I never see you perform well ever in a GAF game, or in any game for that matter. /Gauntlet thrown, SLAP! Oh no he di'int!
:lol o-hh shi-! Riky is on fire! Robot took some time off tonight apparently to watch Supernatural with CHRP, in bed :p

Facism

Gold Member
CrushDance said:
:lol o-hh shi-! Riky is on fire! Robot took some time off tonight apparently to watch Supernatural with CHRP, in bed :p

CHRP and supernatural :lol

We had some laughs over the mic with that, once :p

Kasra_2x4

VsRobot said:
yeah.i agree with you.

Garjon

supermackem said:
I never thought id read so much bitching over new content for a game.:lol
People are paranoid that it'll turn out like KZ2 post DLC. Crushing Health was never all that popular here or at most forums as much as I can recall, so I have no idea who voted for that and MP trophies will make it very difficult to obtain a platinum if you haven't already done so, not to mention you need to buy relatively expensive DLC to do so (or was that just nonsense?)
Basically, they kinda have a point =\

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I did play on the Crushing "experimental" weekend, but I wasn't at the level where you unlocked Invalid. Now that I have Invalid, what is going to happen to it? I mean, we're already going to be in decreased health as it is and if I equip it, does this mean I'll die with one bullet? :lol

Garjon said:
MP trophies will make it very difficult to obtain a platinum if you haven't already done so
You can still get the platinum if you do the original trophies for the game. The only downside is that it probably won't appear as "100%".

My complaints about not being able to use the new skins on co-op objective still stands though. What gives...?

Massa

Rewrite said:
I did play on the Crushing "experimental" weekend, but I wasn't at the level where you unlocked Invalid. Now that I have Invalid, what is going to happen to it? I mean, we're already going to be in decreased health as it is and if I equip it, does this mean I'll die with one bullet? :lol

Naughty Dog is not going to implement the experimental weekend for good, they're tweaking everything about the multiplier, presumably the boosts as well.

People should play it before they start bitching (and this is not directed @ you, Rewrite).

VsRobot said:

Crybabies are nothing new to this thread, the most common topic here before this latest news was DTI complaints.

CozMick

Banned
My only complaint is there aren't enough new maps.

2 more just ain't enough, I'd be far more willing to pay 10 quid for 5-6 new maps.

Playing these same 8 maps for nearly 4 months is tiresome.

I dont get the whining about the trophies. They're pretty manageable. Now if one of them required you to reach rank 60/X then I would've understood the complaints.

Irish

arne said:

Hey, I'm totally down with paid DLC because I know people put a ton of work into it and those maps really look fantastic.

The only thing I'm pre-complaining about is the title update. Sure, I don't know how this will affect the game at all, but I know that I've hated most of the previous tweaks. I play pretty much every night that I'm on PSN (5 days out of the week at least) with the GAF group and we can all feel the effects of every slight tweak that's made.

Massa said:
Crybabies are nothing new to this thread, the most common topic here before this latest news was DTI complaints.

WHOA!!! Hold on there, buddy. Now, if you can't see it's broken, you should just shut your Dirty Whore mouth, you fuck. :p (I'm serious though.)

Anyway, where in the hell are most of you people coming from? When I've only played with three guys out of 20 on the page, I know something is up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I played for a bit yesterday. In one instance the counter when you can choose your boosters stalled at 1 and then I got booted. When I went back into match making I got a $40,000 penalty because it said I quit. :(

Levi

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I play with GAF 5-6 days a week. I'm not that bad at the game. I'm at minimum better than most random players you might get matched up with. Heck, when it was just Kitton and I last night I was holding my own in TDM as far as kills-except for one really bad game where he was the only guy on our side to go positive. One match we ended tied at 15 kills each. I'm pretty sure Kit doesn't use negative boosters either, while I was rocking half-loaded.

Can't wait to see you online again, assuming you're done trying to bang all of space with your renegade Lady Shepherd. I've got a rocket with your (unpronounceable) name on it. :p

Just came in here to say I can't wait for Monday.

I'm a skeptic about crushing health, but I trust ND knows what their doing.

New maps will be awesome. New medals will be awesome. New trophies will be awesome.

Rikyfree

VsRobot said:
Can't wait to see you online again, assuming you're done trying to bang all of space with your renegade Lady Shepherd. I've got a rocket with your (unpronounceable) name on it. :p
At least one of us is getting laid. Your wife says I'm pretty good in that department... :lol :D

My only complaint is the fact that the lowered health makes the traversal system pointless. Before you could climb and shimmy your way to safety... but when they lowered the health, you were dead after a few stray shots to the heel.

noah111

Still Alive
MoonsaultSlayer said:
My only complaint is the fact that the lowered health makes the traversal system pointless. Before you could climb and shimmy your way to safety... but when they lowered the health, you were dead after a few stray shots to the heel.
Good point.. we'll have to see exactly how it's implemented but this is what makes me want an alt playlist instead. If it ruins traversal gameplay, then it ruins a large part of the MP IMO.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
MoonsaultSlayer said:

This is definitely a problem, but it goes beyond that. This new health system absolutely promotes camping. It only takes 2 well placed shots with the FAL to grab a kill, which with lag and getting behind cover is simple. So many people just hang back in there base and shoot long range with the AK even and just pick people off. We'll see how it goes I guess :-/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom