• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves DLC Blast
New maps, skins, and Trophies are coming to Nathan's multiplayer mayhem.

February 12, 2010 - Who is ready to get shot in the face like it's 2007 all over again? Yes, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is about to get a booster shot of multiplayer content, and it's all themed around Uncharted: Among Thieves. Multiplayer maps, skins, PlayStation Network Trophies, and medals are all on their way to Nathan Drake's latest adventure on Feb. 25, 2010.

Justin Richmond, Naughty Dog multiplayer designer, said that the team began working on the massive update as soon as they finished up the first game and the focus on head-to-head battles is no accident.

"One of the things that we wanted to make sure at launch was that anybody could get the platinum," Richmond said to the initial lack of multiplayer Trophies.

Indeed, the dozen upcoming Trophies are meant to reward those who love getting their Wes handguns wet in battle – although it should be pointed out that the Trophies aren't backwards compatible, so only your stats from Feb. 25th on will count. Naughty Dog had a few ideas for the Trophies and medals it wanted, but the company also tossed in nods to the stuff it saw players doing in the game and commenting on around the Internet -- the Trophy for killing a guy as he's about to nab the treasure in Plunder is basically user-created.
So, just what are the new Trophies?

* Sneaky... - Get 50 Stealth Kills

* Brass Knuckles - Get 100 Melee Kills

* Tastes Like Chicken - Get 20 BBQ Medals

* Rapid Fire - Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch

* I Told You I Was Hardcore! - Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty

* Made It - Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game

* Gold Digger - Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game

* Wipe Them Out... - Win 50 Deathmatch Games

* Plays Well With Others - Win 50 Objective Games

* Still Alive - Win 50 Elimination Games

* Plundered! - Get 200 Captured Medals

* Cold Blooded - Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games

On top of that, the game's getting 12 in-game multiplayer medals:

* Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder

* Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier

* No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score

* None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill

* First! – Get the First Kill of the Game

* Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game

* Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You

* Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates

* That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder

* Put'em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon

* Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill

* Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging

As if all that wasn't awesome enough, Feb. 25th is bringing six multiplayer skins from the original Uncharted (Drake, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddie Raja, Gabriel Roman and the enemy pirate Javier) along with two new maps inspired by the original game. The Sunken Ruins is set during a lightning storm around the customs house from Drake's Fortune. As rain pours down, you'll crisscross a V-shaped map and dole out the damage. The Facility is the submarine pens from the first game – look for a rusted out U-boat in the front of the map and a bunch of cranes moving boxes around to block your perfect headshots.

All of this content is coming to you for a pretty fair price. You can get everything in one bundle for $5.99 or the skins for $2.99 and the maps for $3.99. Although the content is coming to Australia and the United Kingdom, prices and dates weren't announced.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069066p1.html

KZObsessed

BeeDog said:
Meh, no more 100% for the U2 trophies. :< Impossible trophies for me.

This :(

I hope they'll let me buy the Helghast skin at a decent price now.

edit: well the trophies seem pretty straight forward to me, just can't be bothered to get them. :p

2,500 kills after Feb 25th? urgh

BeeDog

kazuma_pt said:
paid maps? good job splitting the userbase.

Speaking of which, I'm still amazed (in a negative sense) Sony hasn't put out the Warhawk booster packs for free; same with the KZ2 ones.

Garjon

Seriously ND, what's with the unnecessarily high stat trophies? :(

The new maps look pretty good, wasn't really expecting them to be free but there was a little bit of hope there =/

Well paid maps pretty much secures me never really getting heavily into the multiplayer. I hope ND learns from this first online outing (a VERY good first effort) and makes an even better online experience in the next game.

BeeDog said:
Speaking of which, I'm still amazed (in a negative sense) Sony hasn't put out the Warhawk booster packs for free; same with the KZ2 ones.

yeah. unfortunately, i don't think they ever will be free. =|
edit: isn't resistance 1 stuff still not free?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Cool news. I don't think I'll be able to get those new trophies though since my old stats won't count...but hey they're a nice addition if I want to get them.

Depending on the skins, I'll get them and for sure I'll get the maps. I'm just sensing that it's going to split the short community. :(

Also, no word for the fort glitch in plunder matches or people glitching in the map. /sigh

Edit:

Just saw the trailer, and the maps do look good! Woohoo.

noah111

Still Alive
Paid maps are unfortunate, but $6 for 2 maps & 6 skins isn't exactly a bad deal IMO. You can never expect them to release maps for free, it just isn't feasible.

New maps look great and the price seems fair to me. I am sure enough people will buy them to ensure they crop of often enough for the first few weeks at least.

Will there be the option to search for games in these maps, or will they just be added into the general search?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
the_prime_mover said:
New maps look great and the price seems fair to me. I am sure enough people will buy them to ensure they crop of often enough for the first few weeks at least.

Will there be the option to search for games in these maps, or will they just be added into the general search?
Maybe that's the blurred out option in the picture posted in last page! :O An option to play with people who purchased the DLC maps.

Those trophies look about as good as the Socom trophies, and the fact that they're not retroactive make them useless to me. :(

Oh, and the new maps look great!

mr_nothin

Banned
Rewrite said:
Maybe that's the blurred out option in the picture posted in last page! :O An option to play with people who purchased the DLC maps.
A playlist that you can only choose if you have the DLC. If not then u stick to the regular playlists. Sounds like something Naughty God would do. Would be the absolute smartest thing to do.

Wowbagger

February 12, 2010 - Who is ready to get shot in the face like it's 2007 all over again? Yes, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is about to get a booster shot of multiplayer content, and it's all themed around Uncharted: Among Thieves.

Mmkay.

Trophies should be very easy to get, maybe too easy. I'm a bit disappointed there is no trophy for beating the coop missions on Crushing. It's not that hard with three people.

Love the new medals. Not sure what this one means, though:

* That Was Embarrassing &#8211; Earn a Shutout in Plunder

And is None Shall Pass really only for King of the Hill? Why not also get it for defending territory in Turf War?

Anyway, this is so bought. I'll finally be able to play as a Raja no matter what team I'm on. =)

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
trailer: http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225971/uncharted-2/videos/uncharted2_trl_dlctrailer_21210.html

damn, they look good. A shame hardly anyone will play them though. Some of the best KZ2 maps are never played due to them being paid maps. :/

They probably should have added some type of medal for finishing plunder quickly though, as I've noticed randoms sometimes get farmed hard.

I like new mapz.
angry.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wowbagger said:
Mmkay.

Trophies should be very easy to get, maybe too easy. I'm a bit disappointed there is no trophy for beating the coop missions on Crushing. It's not that hard with three people.

Love the new medals. Not sure what this one means, though:

And is None Shall Pass really only for King of the Hill? Why not also get it for defending territory in Turf War?

Anyway, this is so bought. I'll finally be able to play as a Raja no matter what team I'm on. =)
I think its a Plunder wipeout; lose a plunder game 0 to 5.

Gyrian

The new maps are looking unbefreakinglivable. Loving the thunderstormy customs house. :]
Shame the maps are paid, rather than the characters alone. The price isn't bad, but it'll still split the community.

I've said it before, but a nice touch with this would be to have some Drake's Fortune music cycling through the MP menus.

I stopped playing this online when people starting getting under the maps, but I'll start again just because Eddie Raja is too awesome not to play as.

Have all the map exploits been fixed, or are people still glitching?

Gyrian

BTW, just noticed this, it explains the blurred option in the main MP menu:

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20100212094220084_640w.jpg

It's for a trophies list, that's what arne didn't want to spoil. ;]

Wowbagger

Killthee said:
I think its a Plunder wipeout; lose a plunder game 0 to 5.

alr1ghtstart said:
you and your crazy euro language. shutout = no one scores on the other team. so, 5-0.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. :)

They really should add more medals specifically for the territory modes. Pretty sure they would be more popular if the average amount of money you make from a match equalled Plunder.

Should raise kill reward in Elimination to 500 for the same reason.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Gyrian said:
It's for a trophies list, that's what arne didn't want to spoil. ;]

:/

was hoping it was DLC map matchmaking. Hopefully they at least add a new playlist for the new maps.

slider

I'm such an idiot for not playing this online more (I'd guess all of 30mins so far...).

Maybe this'll be the perfect excuse to go back in. God, gaming is so complicated these days. Kill streaks, bugs/exploits.... medals... trophies... gah, it's all too much.

Galvanise_ said:
FFS. Paid maps? It'll be KZ2 all over again.

KZ2 all over again? It's essentially any multiplayer game that adds maps all over again. Most developers are not going to spend money making new maps and then turn around and give them away.

Wowbagger

ThirstyFly said:
Have all the map exploits been fixed, or are people still glitching?

There is an ugly Plunder glitch on the Fort. Throw the treasure in the ocean once your team has take the lead and it won't respawn in a reachable location.

Don't think the latest out-of-map glitches on that map have been fixed either, but, honestly, it happens maybe one out of ten matches. You're not gonna enjoy hundreds of glitch-free matches just cause you might run into some asshole once in a blue moon? Just vote against that map until they get fixed.

SolidSnakex said:
KZ2 all over again? It's essentially any multiplayer game that adds maps all over again. Most developers are not going to spend money making new maps and then turn around and give them away for free.

While true, I really hate communities being fragmented. I hope the way people can select the maps is better than what KZ2 had initially. That was guff.

I was hoping that the maps would be free, and the skins would cost. That way everyone could play every map.

Facism

Gold Member
Galvanise_ said:
While true, I really hate communities being fragmented. I hope the way people can select the maps is better than what KZ2 had initially. That was guff.

I was hoping that the maps would be free, and the skins would cost. That way everyone could play every map.

Try and find a friend to share the maps with you for all the 2 weeks the community will play them.

mr_nothin

Banned
Facism said:
Like KZ2, paid maps ends my involvement with the multiplayer :p
Galvanise_ said:
FFS. Paid maps? It'll be KZ2 all over again.

What if it ends up being like this:
mr_nothin said:
A playlist that you can only choose if you have the DLC. If not then u stick to the regular playlists. Sounds like something Naughty God would do. Would be the absolute smartest thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom