• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never broken any scripted events in this game. I've never heard of it, either. So yes, it's pretty rare.

The gameplay in this game is quite tight. Pretty much as tight as 3rd person shooters come.

Levi

Banned
I am leaving town for about a week starting the 16th, so I won't really be able to get a good feel for the new balance until I get back. (I'll miss you bastards, even Qlaaaaahrqueh and Broken who I hate with a passion). I might not even be able to get on the 15th since it's my last night with my wife for a little while.

Why or why did I get married.

(J/K honey)

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
I am leaving town for about a week starting the 16th, so I won't really be able to get a good feel for the new balance until I get back. (I'll miss you bastards, even Qlaaaaahrqueh and Broken who I hate with a passion). I might not even be able to get on the 15th since it's my last night with my wife for a little while.

Why or why did I get married.

(J/K honey)

Bububut whom would I pway with when ur gone.
angry.gif

diddlyD

Banned
Yeef said:
I don't recall any bell towers or blonde dudes, but I've never heard of anyone getting stuck when they weren't supposed to in the single player campaign.

the blonde british
bad
guy, cant remember his name. the bell tower in the first mission you climb to get up to the green lamp. there are huge bells there, you're supposed to run out the open window on the top to get to the roof to keep climbing. he ran to it before me, stood right in front of the window so i couldn't get by. took me about 20 minutes of running around before i finally realized i was stuck and had to reload.

RedRedSuit said:
I've never broken any scripted events in this game. I've never heard of it, either. So yes, it's pretty rare.

The gameplay in this game is quite tight. Pretty much as tight as 3rd person shooters come.

2x on my first play through? i doubt i'm the one in a million with this bad luck.

and tight is a relative term. i guess technically it feels like the control polling is about 2 frames latent behind what you're actually seeing on screen.

anyways my point isn't to troll or rag on the game, i still think it's great and am a fan of the first one as well. it's just some of these deficiencies i'd forgotten about from the first game, and i wish they could improve on them, as well as make the single player game bulletproof.

Levi

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Bububut whom would I pway with when ur gone.
angry.gif
My real life kittens are going to miss me even more. :(

I leave Tue and get back Fri, I'm sure Bleach and Dark will be on. I'm sorry I'm letting you down. ;_;

Speaking of Bleach, extra special thanks for helping me get my first back-to-back medal! Dude is a co-op pro. Only missing three co-op medals now, and they should be pretty easy to get if I focus on them.

diddlyD said:
2x on my first play through? i doubt i'm the one in a million with this bad luck.

That's the nature of probability. Sometimes, rare things happen. The dearth of SP scripting glitch reports for Uncharted 2 suggests that it IS very rare.

and tight is a relative term. i guess technically it feels like the control polling is about 2 frames latent behind what you're actually seeing on screen.

I was using it relatively, in that I feel that this is an elite 30fps shooter in terms of how well it controls. I don't find it muddy or sloppy in the least.

anyways my point isn't to troll or rag on the game, i still think it's great and am a fan of the first one as well. it's just some of these deficiencies i'd forgotten about from the first game, and i wish they could improve on them, as well as make the single player game bulletproof.

You're not trolling, just giving your impressions.

Levi

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
Unexpected casualty last night while moving stuff around in my place. :(

My Uncharted 2 disc won't read now.

My surround sound receiver, stereo bluetooth headset, and laptop ALL broke within the last week, and yet I feel more sorry for you than I do for myself. :( NDI! Send this guy a game! Look at that OP! He deserves it.

CozMick

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I can confirm that they will indeed have their own voices. Arne said so.

That's good to know, will definitely pick these up as well as the new maps,

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

VsRobot said:
My surround sound receiver, stereo bluetooth headset, and laptop ALL broke within the last week, and yet I feel more sorry for you than I do for myself. :( NDI! Send this guy a game! Look at that OP! He deserves it.

That sucks! Sorry man.

I just went out and bought a second copy. That's how much I love this game.

Irish

VsRobot said:
My real life kittens are going to miss me even more. :(

I leave Tue and get back Fri, I'm sure Bleach and Dark will be on. I'm sorry I'm letting you down. ;_;

Speaking of Bleach, extra special thanks for helping me get my first back-to-back medal! Dude is a co-op pro. Only missing three co-op medals now, and they should be pretty easy to get if I focus on them.

Hey, hold on a minute! Qlaahrqueh, Gyrian, and I were waiting forever for a fourth and fifth, but you didn't decide to show until I quit to go play Bioshock 2 MP before I had to turn it in. (We got Bleach and AJ to join us after a while.) That's when both Teh KiTTonz and Teh VsRoboz decided it was time to pway.

Also, yes, Bleach is the perfect Back to Back partner. Well, except for when he decides to die multiple times near the end of the mission and leave you all alone against dozens of shotgun guys.

ACE 1991

Hmmm, played the shit out of the beta and had pretty much had my fill by the time the full game rolled around... the new multiplayer pack might give me a good excuse to jump back in and play around with some gaffers

jayb

diddlyD said:
... once when carrying the injured camera man, a door got blocked by a scripted event before i made it through
, which leads me to believe it's not that rare of an issue, and disappointingly sloppy. ...

On my first playthrough, I also got stuck at that exact same point and had to reload.

I also noticed sometimes I would be going too slow and the other characters following me would get ahead ... then I'd hear Drake say something like "hurry up" or "you're lagging behind" even though they were ahead of me. :lol It's obviously not gamebreaking, but still seemed sloppy in an otherwise great game.

Jrmint

Quick question - When downloading the custom boxarts that guy made do they look ok on regular white computer paper or do you need that glossy paper to make them look right?

Thanks much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
patch is up(94MB). I have a feeling the new maps are in the update and you will just buy an unlock key once the dlc is released.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NeoUltima said:
So does that mean the Navarro skin I already have will be updated with a voice now?
Pretty sure he's already voiced, I think he uses Sark's VA (RPG baddie).

Patch notes:

Last week we spent a few days giving you a peek into some of the major or important updates we include in Title Update 1.05. With the imminent release of Title Update 1.05 today, February 15, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is that in my city?), we’re publishing the detailed changelist.

Title Update 1.05 includes the following:

* Weapon damage and attributes have been rebalanced
* On-screen display of medals awarded during a match has been updated
* Implemented detection and removal of flagrantly idle players from the active matchmaking player pool
* Cash penalty for leaving matches has been adjusted and is now tiered by player level as follows:

o Levels 1 – 20 = -10,000
o Levels 21 – 40 = -20,000
o Levels 41 – 60 = -40,000
* Updated player networking protocols to remove all occurrences of “error syncing player data,” Level resets and Ranked playlist Skill Level resets
* Added crawling ticker display of leaderboard statistics to the multiplayer menu screen
* Updated multiplayer menu screen to include a “Trophy” selection to enable players to display and track progress on the new Trophies included in the Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
* Collision and geometry updates to various multiplayer maps
* 13 new medals have been added

o Defender - Kill a player that is actively shooting one of your teammates
o Finish Him! - Get the last kill of the game
o First! - Get the first kill of the game
o Fly on the Wall - Kill a player who is climbing
o No Cigar - Kill the treasure carrier while they are about to score the treasure
o None Shall Pass - Get 5 Kills while in the hill during a King of the Hill game
o Protectorate - Shoot and kill 5 enemies that were damaging the treasure carrier
o Put’em Down - Kill someone in the knockdown state with a pistol weapon
o Retaliation - Kill the last player that killed you
o That Was Embarrassing - Earn a shutout in plunder
o Tip Off - Be the first player to grab the treasure in a plunder match
o Tricky - Kill a player with a pistol weapon while hanging
o Unlucky - Die 5 times in a row without getting a kill

Alright. I think I got it all. As always, we’ll be scanning the forums, Twitter, Facebook and more to read your feedback on the changes and adjustments introduced with this Title Update.​

arne

alr1ghtstart said:
all the trophies require the DLC...

yes, you know, because it said

changelist said:
Updated multiplayer menu screen to include a “Trophy” selection to enable players to display and track progress on the new Trophies included in the Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack

;)

arne

No_Style said:
I'm not finding any Plunder Only matches. Perhaps it's too early in the day...? Will try again later.

You're only going to be matched with those with the latest TU, so it will take a little bit for everyone to be up to date, especially if they were in the midst of playing, they won't update until they log out and in of MP.

Massa

arne said:
yes, you know, because it said

;)

Quick question: when will the game start tracking progress towards those trophies? When you update to 1.05 or when you buy the pack? And which of the packs is required?
(there are 2 skins pack, one map pack and one bundle, right?)

I can't test this update right away because my PS3 isn't reading discs anymore. :-(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Massa said:
Quick question: when will the game start tracking progress towards those trophies? When you update to 1.05 or when you buy the pack? And which of the packs is required?
(there are 2 skins pack, one map pack and one bundle, right?)

it doesn't start until the dlc is downloaded, so 10 days.

Damage looks okay so far. One hit sniper with 6 shots is pretty balanced. It does not play like that crushing weekend.

Darkatomz

My impressions on the patch so far after one game.

WTF.

One hit snipes, 2 rounds FAL, ~5 shots AK lead to death. I DID NOT WANT THIS.

Good things:
-Total players displayed, instead of just on your server
-Medal noise and relocation is quite cool, actually
-The scrolling feed in the main lobby
-The medal count after the DLC (although I do not care for this)

I still don't understand why Crushing couldn't have been made a playlist instead. If I wanted to play MW2 or any shooter that results in quick deaths (I fucking despise these shooters... It's why I like Halo, Resistance, and this game pre-1.05), I would PLAY those games. Arne, the people who voted on your site represents a small fraction of the UC2 multiplayer gaming community, you can't surely base all of your ideas from just one poll there.

I don't know if I can get used to this...

Massa

alr1ghtstart said:
it doesn't start until the dlc is downloaded, so 10 days.

Damage looks okay so far. One hit sniper with 6 shots is pretty balanced. It does not play like that crushing weekend.

Ok, thanks. Am I good to go with the $3 map pack? Don't really care about skins.

And I'm glad to hear about the changes, this is exactly what I expected them to do. :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Temple level won't load for me. It just hangs forever at the versus screen. This happened to a friend of mine on a previous patch except it was with Lost City.

Darkatomz said:
My impressions on the patch so far after one game.

WTF.

One hit snipes, 2 rounds FAL, ~5 shots AK lead to death. I DID NOT WANT THIS.

Actually I kinda like the sound of the sniping bit. I believe the early beta only took 1-2 hits while up until now, it's taken a good 3-4 shots (I'm not the best aim though XP)

Will hop on in a bit to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom