• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Basically feels like the experimental weekend so far. Only played 1 match but it's definitely easier to kill people. This game has been Call of Duty-fied :(

CozMick

Banned
Came online just to post that Naughty Dog fucking rock!

The new patch is great............

No more bullshit full clip kills.

Shotgun is now bareable, taking them down before they even get close.

Lag is well hidden because it doesn't take as many bullets to drop someone.

Cover actually has a reason now. {Sorta Gears 2 like}

Running out in the open when getting shot dodging bullets like Neo is non-existent now.

New medals are awesome.

Plunder and Turf War are still as fun as hell, no more lone wolf runs, you actually need your team.

Statistics ticker is awesome.

Love it, fucking LOVE IT!! and that's just from 6 matches.

Bring on the new dlc! £3.99 is a damn bargain. :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wow, campers love plunder now.

New medal popup is okay, but makes it much more difficult to see how much cash I've earned.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The only positive listed about good health is that it balances out the shotgun... it promotes camping so much it's ridiculous, I dunno how anyone could get excited aout that, but w/e.

Also Unlucky medal promotes AFK SO much more then before. Now you get money for purposely sitting there and dying.

_RT_

Darkatomz said:
My impressions on the patch so far after one game.

WTF.

One hit snipes, 2 rounds FAL, ~5 shots AK lead to death. I DID NOT WANT THIS.

This will most likely end my time with UC2.
Disappointing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
What is this livedata crap and why does it have to be synced 20 times in a row? :p
Those are probably XML, and script files. Along some binary and assets.
And probably those were 20 files or something like that.
Its the magic sauce that makes the 'live' update system so awesome.

CozMick

Banned
msdstc said:
The only positive listed about good health is that it balances out the shotgun... it promotes camping so much it's ridiculous, I dunno how anyone could get excited aout that, but w/e.

Also Unlucky medal promotes AFK SO much more then before. Now you get money for purposely sitting there and dying.

I thought AFK had been sorted?

And I've seen no camping yet, but then again in these maps the guy running around like a headless chicken is at fault imo.

jett

D-Member
I like the new health system, it isn't all that different. Handguns are seemingly more useful, and you can match up against a grenade launcher if you have an m4. :p

One thing that still annoys me is that the CHING! killsound shows up a second or so after the actual kill. It'd be much better if the game made the sound the milisecond the enemies die. :p Is this possible arne? :p

Fersis said:
Those are probably XML, and script files. Along some binary and assets.
And probably those were 20 files or something like that.
Its the magic sauce that makes the 'live' update system so awesome.

heh ok :p

I'm done with this game. I cannot believe ND did this to their own game. Plunder, much like during the experimental weekend, is now ruined. It's a snipers wet dream.

For a game that had little to no camping, ND just went and completely changed that.

Why...especially when 60% of the people voted AGAINST this. I don't fucking get it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sniper rifle is the ultimate weapon in this game now. Put some distance between yourself and you got 1 hit kills galore. No matter where it hits the body.

CozMick

Banned
Mt Heart Attack said:
Wait, so I have to buy the fucking DLC in order to obtain all the trophies in the game?

To get the Platinum? No!

To get 100%? Yes! {just like every other dlc bought on PSN with trophies}

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
CozMick said:
I thought AFK had been sorted?

And I've seen no camping yet, but then again in these maps the guy running around like a headless chicken is at fault imo.

Then you're not looking in the right places. I've played with this health during the weekend they had it and to me it's a disaster especially on a map like fort, where now instead of having a shot to get behind cover, as soon as you're hit once you're dead, because the second shot will automatically get you behind cover due to lag (this is what a few people refer to as "bullet bending" in this thread)

When I played everyone just stood at a distance and fired a few shots off as people tried to make their way out just laying everyone out.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Finally got into a match. First impression is that this isn't nearly as bad as the experimental weekend. That was pretty much instant death. You still have a chance here.

CozMick

Banned
Well I suppose I'll leave this whining shit to you guys.

Ain't gonna spoil my fun by reading this thread.

ND, I love the patch and so do my friends, Thank you :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll reserve my judgement on the patch until I play tonight, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it. At times the health did feel a little too high, you could get the drop on someone and unload on them but they'd often still have time to chuck a nade or just run away. Nades are still my biggest issue with the MP, it's just too easy for someone to chuck one before dying and get an easy kill, it doesn't require any skill or tact, only a quick push of the L2 button. I'd love it if they nerfed them or reduced the accuracy/detonation time of them.
Anyways, it looks like Naugty Dog's intentions are to keep tuning the game until it's just right, it's pretty clear that they listen to the community's opinions on the patches so hopefully they'll tweak it again if health really is too low now.

I'm not too concerned about the sniper since there's usually only one per map and the ammo is limited, it'll just be another power weapon like the RPG or Nade Launcher, at least people will have to aim it instead of just firing at enemy's feet.

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
Sniper rifle is the ultimate weapon in this game now. Put some distance between yourself and you got 1 hit kills galore. No matter where it hits the body.

just like the beta. awesomesauce

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I really hope the changes didn't really ruin the game as some of you are claiming.

I'll try it later and post my impressions.

NeoUltima

Killthee said:
Pretty sure he's already voiced, I think he uses Sark's VA (RPG baddie).
I meant with Navaro's voice :(. So new skins will also have generic voices?

I can understand why, just got my hopes up lol.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well this time I really think I am done for good :-/. Played my first round and any time there are two people you are automatically dea... anytime somebody gets behind you or gets the jump on you they win, tons of campers, and maybe I missed something, but my round had an AFK (this person eventually left). What fix is supposedly in for AFKers again? Do they just kick them? How does this make it any better?

Just played 3 matches. You die way too easily now. Just a couple of bullets from an AK and pistol and you're dead. And with a good player and DTI equipped when using an AK, it's beastly.

I'll give it a go again later tonight, but so far I'm not liking these specific changes. But everything else, the ticker, the trophy option, the total number of players and the new medals and animation, those are awesome.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
msdstc said:
Anybody else having server issues? I keep getting kicked out and everythings taking forever.

Yeah. Matchmaking isn't working for me at all. I've been waiting for a game for over 10 minutes...

alr1ght

Well, since I used pistols 95% of the time before the patch, it's not so bad, as I'm already used to dealing with the DTI/FF whores. Plunder is terrible.

Like other poeple have said, I dislike this patch ALOT.

I loved it when it took a whole clip to kill someone, just like in RFOM. Then these dumbass companies have to change a good thing.

Im done with this game.

RIP U2.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NeoUltima said:
I meant with Navaro's voice :(. So new skins will also have generic voices?

I can understand why, just got my hopes up lol.
Don't think so, the credits show they each had VA work done. The EU Collectors Pirate sounds a lot like Eddy to me though and the same goes for Navarro & Sark.

jett said:
Pistols are awesome now.
Pistols were always awesome : P

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well man, really once again not trying to be that guy, but count 5 people out as me and my group of friends have officially hung this one up. Game is terrible now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DTI/FF combo is about twice as beastly as it was before. Pretty incredible. Train Wreck is a nightmare to play with this health.

I'm iffy on this patch. Don't hate, don't love it.

There's also a ton of double kills now. So many times I felt like I got the drop on someone, but since they blast me a half a second after I blast them, we both die. That used to happen before, but now it's happening a TON more. Literally had like 4 of those in my first match.

Also, grenades are overpowered even more now. People just hide and chuck grenades and if you're anywhere close to it, you're dead. Especially the classic 'hit L2 just as dying' move, it's out of control.

If ND is so good at listening to the community, why didn't they fix DTI as well as grenade spammers? The two biggest problems have gone untouched.

DrPirate

Banned
fantastic patch. People who hate the game, get some skill I've been flying in this game now.

FAL, DTI and 13-0 games.

Game is like counter-strike in 3rd person or something. I lovei t.

alr1ght

DrPirate said:
get some skill I've been flying in this game now.

FAL, DTI and 13-0 games.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

244tr7k.gif

CartridgeBlower said:
Also, grenades are overpowered even more now. People just hide and chuck grenades and if you're anywhere close to it, you're dead. Especially the classic 'hit L2 just as dying' move, it's out of control.
Yeah that's really annoying. And I speak as a granade spammer:D
Can't really say I'm liking the new health, it's not as bad as the experimental weekend, but still.. I don't know, it's all run and shoot now, and I see no point in using weapons other than AK-47, FAL and well.. sniper rifle. Maybe I just got to get used to it.

alr1ghtstart said:
what the hell is with your aiming shoulder randomly switching when you're close to a wall?
That happened to me too. Weird.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
alr1ghtstart said:
DTI + FAL is so ridiculously overpowered.

I got a connect four with the fal just a minute ago just wrecking people. WTF does this accomplish again? COD lite?

DrPirate said:
fantastic patch. People who hate the game, get some skill I've been flying in this game now.

FAL, DTI and 13-0 games.

completely disagree, CS is IMO the hardest FPS there has ever been. That game seperates the skilled and the weak better than any game, this game has just set itself to level the playing field for everyone.

ACE 1991

DrPirate said:

FAL, DTI and 13-0 games.

I like the sound of that.

EDIT: Post above me brought me down to earth :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DrPirate said:
Comon man, I'm not breaking the game. The tools are there, and I'm using them. What's the big deal?

Yeah, if it's in the game and a lot of the guys who are killing you are using it, there's no shame in using it yourself.

DrPirate

Banned
msdstc said:
I got a connect four with the fal just a minute ago just wrecking people. WTF does this accomplish again? COD lite?

completely disagree, CS is IMO the hardest FPS there has ever been. That game seperates the skilled and the weak better than any game, this game has just set itself to level the playing field for everyone.

Very interesting. I feel the exact opposite.

I feel the game made it more about reflex and aim and there's smaller windows for margin of error. The better play will get the kill most of the times

Crewnh said:
He shouldn't have said it takes skill.

Hahaha, I was being facetious mate. I know how DTI is hated around here :)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DrPirate said:
Very interesting. I feel the exact opposite.

I feel the game made it more about reflex and aim and there's smaller windows for margin of error. The better play will get the kill most of the times

Hahaha, I was being facetious mate. I know how DTI is hated around here :)

COMPLETELY disagree. I just went 18-3 in the last round, and since I started today have gone about 4-1... it's a campfest now, less aiming skills are needed due to quick kills, and evasion and tactics are removed from the game now.

I'm not mad that it makes it "harder", it makes it EASIER. The guy above said get some skill? If you're all of a sudden dominating doesn't that mean something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom