• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wow, Plunder on Sanctuary is borderline unplayable with people spamming the DTI/FAL combo on the rooftops.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Snipes424 said:
This is what I want to see.

I want to see someone who does not have a majority of their kills from either grenades/shotgun&pistole/melee and still complain about the new changes..

The people who are complaining about the changes have something in common, but maybe I'm wrong.

WTF? I literally have 7 total shotgun kills:lol :lol and 29 with the pistole... if you don't believe me I'll link you to my weapons page. I think once again you're missing the point. I'm not complaining that it's hard... It's TOO EASY.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The camping is going to get worse too. It's not that terrible now, but wait a month once everyone realizes it's so easy to rack up kills like that.

Levi

Banned
Think I'm being misinterpreted when I said people need to get used to the changes--I should have said that I feel like people need to give it an honest chance.

As people learn ways to play with 1.05 that don't involve camping/DTI/fal, the game should naturally become more balanced and favor more styles of play. Can't expect the game to come out of the gate after a major update and be anything other than scumbags looking for the quickest, cheapest advantage. The player base will learn to counteract that or it won't, and if it doesn't, I'll howl as loud as the rest of you for further rebalancing.

Broken, pls don't bail-out. :( Who will crush my hopes and dreams then? I might actually start to get my self-confidence back!

Septimus

Hey arne or anyone else, I have an audio issue that I need some help with. I just got a new sound system and the DTS light on it lights up when I put on the game but after the Naughty Dog logo, it disappears. Any suggestions? This is via optical by the way.

So I finally played this after months of not playing..

-People still take zillions of bullets before dying.
-I shoot face, nothing happens. If I shoot face, the body of said face should perish but it doesn't happen. No sense this makes.
-Still no "mercenary" playlist. I'm stuck with a team of 10-20 level people against a group of super elite level 60 people.
-Co-op is still somewhat fun. As long as you don't play with retards (most likely you will).
-I still love single player, it's awesome.

*Inserts MGO disc again*

Irish

VsRobot said:
Broken, pls don't bail-out. :( Who will crush my hopes and dreams then? I might actually start to get my self-confidence back!

Whoa! Losers don't deserve self-confidence. Us real people have to earn it.

Anyway, without me, noone will be able to bitch to aR-neh (I really need to hear you pronounce that one of these days) about DtI on a consistent basis. :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I really don't mind the new health. It actually hasn't affect my play style (run 'n gun) all that much but the rapid fire sniper rifles need to go. It's so broken I have to wonder if it was even tested.

Lost City and Train Wreck are just not fun to play with those rifles laying around.

Solid Moustache said:

*Inserts MGO disc again*

It's more like 4 or 5 even with the starting AK, but I may go back to MGO myself even though it might be more rigid and leveling up is a bit weird seeing people running about in boxes :lol & using CQC never gets old.

Awesome games tonight guyz! GAF elimination was fun (crazy awesome!) Plus hearing luxury in a less than coherent state was somewhat amusing.:lol

Starting to get used to the changes. The camping is getting worse though. Hide behind cover in the back away form the opposing team, shoot with the FAL and done.-_- Fortunately I haven't run in to camping as bad as the plunder match alr1ghtstart had. I'm dreading running into a decent team now.

The sniper rifle is less annoying than i thought. Or people have really lousy aim. The only people who i've seen so far getting consistent kills with them are GAFers.:lol DAMN U RYAN AND CHRP!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Solid Moustache said:

-I shoot face, nothing happens. If I shoot face, the body of said face should perish but it doesn't happen. No sense this makes.
-Still no "mercenary" playlist. I'm stuck with a team of 10-20 level people against a group of super elite level 60 people.
-Co-op is still somewhat fun. As long as you don't play with retards (most likely you will).

*Inserts MGO disc again*

2 things... if you think people take zillions of bullets you're doing it wrong. It only takes 5 shots from the AFK.

2nd complaining about realism in games that a headshot means somebody should die? Look I believe headshots should do more damage, but why do people complain if it's not a one hit kill, because it's unrealistic? So is it ok to hide behind a barrel take a few breaths and automatically you feel better and your wounds heal themselves? I hate this argument.

web01

Its absolutely bizzare that people can complain about DTI while say they like the new health changes. Guns were always very accurate without DTI except for quite long range.

This "newely balanced crushing health" breaks and ruins the the game completely more than DTI ever did. People are already getting smart already and camping it up in ridiculously obscure locations waiting for kills, and also now in plunder nobody goes for the treasure at all so it becomes a 20 minute deathmatch. This game really is fucked now.

Dont even start me with the LOL 1 shot sniper rifle. The ND online team has become a joke.

Levi

Banned
Irish said:
Whoa! Losers don't deserve self-confidence.

See! Without that kind of soul-crushing from you I'll start getting ideas above my station. It is your duty to keep me in my place.

Man, reading your guys' war-stories is pretty tough considering I'm thousands of miles from my PS3. In the words of the Governor of the state I can't wait to return to, "I'll be back"

dralla said:
what is this drake's fortune multiplayer pack mentioned in the trophies menu
It's DLC that's being released on the 25th. Comes with two new maps, some skins from the first game and new multiplayer trophies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
web01 said:
Its absolutely bizzare that people can complain about DTI while say they like the new health changes. Guns were always very accurate without DTI except for quite long range.

This "newely balanced crushing health" breaks and ruins the the game completely more than DTI ever did. People are already getting smart already and camping it up in ridiculously obscure locations waiting for kills, and also now in plunder nobody goes for the treasure at all so it becomes a 20 minute deathmatch. This game really is fucked now.

Dont even start me with the LOL 1 shot sniper rifle. The ND online team has become a joke.

I don't really like that people complain about DTI period, but that's just me. I've run without it plenty of times and I'm just as effective, I just figure most people use it and get that competitive edge... why complain about it, just use it it's not and unfair match if you both have it on.

Also just throwing this in there and this seriously is not a shot at anybody, but I find using the pistole to be far more newbie than DTI, and also using Launch man or Rocket Man as a booster is infinitely worse then DTI.

arne

web01 said:

I know that anecdotal evidence isn't *that* solid, but I just played several objective matches and two plunder games at random times and EVERY one was played properly.

So clearly "NOBODY goes for the treasure" is an unfair exaggeration to prove your point.

Regardless, I have seen it in games and I can tell by match results, so it does happen and it could be pretty pervasive (I don't know), but at least be somewhat accurate please lest you discount any value to your continued criticism of the game.

web01 said:
I'm not saying that I've not raised an eyebrow to some of the decisions the ND devs have made but, come on people! Ease up a little will ya. FFS.

The changes so far have been bearable. Even with the the new health it still still feels like U2 mp . The only change so far that needs some serious revising is the sniper rifle. Oh and as always DTI.:D

I've also noticed that you get shot through walls a lot more now. Before it was a DTI/lag phenomenon. People without DTI(me included) have got kills this way since the update.

CrushDance said:
RE5.....................
A few of use said we would play. You just logged of instead.:mad:
Wait a minute this is the Uncharted 2 Thread!

web01

msdstc said:
I don't really like that people complain about DTI period, but that's just me. I've run without it plenty of times and I'm just as effective, I just figure most people use it and get that competitive edge... why complain about it, just use it it's not and unfair match if you both have it on.

Also just throwing this in there and this seriously is not a shot at anybody, but I find using the pistole to be far more newbie than DTI, and also using Launch man or Rocket Man as a booster is infinitely worse then DTI.

I agree with you 100% on the above post. Hell the only people I have seen complain about DTI ever is the small group of people on GAF.

On the other hand there are plenty of people both ingame and online on different message boards who have expressed how broken the new crushing health, instant death grenade spam, shotgun kills and extra rockets boosters are yet they have never been fixed and ND changes things that dont need fixing.

Also whats really stupid is with the regular shotgun aiming it with L1 and shooting takes 2 shots to kill while just tapping R1 with auto aim kills in 1 shot. Although this might have changed, I havent used shotgun since 1.05 though I doubt it was fixed.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Septimus said:
Hey arne or anyone else, I have an audio issue that I need some help with. I just got a new sound system and the DTS light on it lights up when I put on the game but after the Naughty Dog logo, it disappears. Any suggestions? This is via optical by the way.
Did you turn on DTS in game (Options -> Audio -> Output -> Format ->DTS)?

Somnium986 said:
Awesome games tonight guyz! GAF elimination was fun (crazy awesome!) Plus hearing luxury in a less than coherent state was somewhat amusing.:lol
Lux was hilarious with his wine.
WHISKEY!!!!

Irish

Damn it! I forgot to play with TipsyLuxury. Oh well, I'll be on in a bit, but it'll be 5 am for him and he might have passed out by now.

EDIT:

I've never understood all the complaining about grenades. Of course, most of the grenades I die by are a result of me running into them like an idiot or being assaulted by my own teammates. (You wouldn't believe how often this has happened)

Darkatomz

Well, I was going to respond to the Gallup poll thing, but I had classes and that discussion seems to have been closed.

So, I have some other things for thought.

-Has the grenade stun radius been increased, or is it just me?? If this health thing is kept, I would say shrink the kill radius and keep/extend the stun radius for grenades.

-The Deagle is a little pointless to me now IMO since the Sniper got jacked up. I mean, I can shoot someone 4 times with the 92FS, or twice with the Deagle. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer shooting many times with some room for missing as opposed to making your shots count all the time and running your mag if you miss, if that makes sense. I think the Deagle should be one-hit like the sniper (in this case).

-Has the shotgun range been increased? If it hasn't, it should be, slightly.

-The power weapons other than Sniper (Rockets, Nade Launcher) are not nearly as potent as they were before. IDK how you could balance this with the health thing going on now, but in nearly all cases, I would just prefer the FAL over them.

-Spawn points still need to be fixed. Don't queue up groups of people into one spawn, if someone gets lucky with a grenade as soon as they pop back into the game, that person suddenly has an easy triple or quad.

web01

Somnium986 said:
I've also noticed that you get shot through walls a lot more now. Before it was a DTI/lag phenomenon. People without DTI(me included) have got kills this way since the update.

Yes I have noticed this too sadly another problem caused by crushing health, which I said earlier in this thread would be a consequence.

With more health you have a better chance to get to cover even if some players are a bit laggy now I have noticed you get more of those weird lag deaths where you die around a corner or from someone you can’t see.

Being Aussie I notice if a game has good netcode more than the average person because most of the time I am not playing with people from my own country. I will admit this game has very good netcode but adding the crushing health has increased the weird lag kills substantially. However atleast its not as bad as Gears of War or Call of Duty which are unplayable with anyone outside of Australia especially the former.

reKon

Banned
Solid Moustache said:

*Inserts MGO disc again*

Simple solution: get better.

This is coming from someone who hasn't had much time to play their PS3 at all because of school. I played a few matches the past few days after a month or so and I definitely noticed that people died much quickly just like when they had an experimental weekend.

I bought the Heroes skins today, and didn't regret my purchase. I like them more than the skins that came with the game. I actually don't even mind that they don't have voices, though them having voices would have rocked. My favorites of the skins are Sev and the Helghast. Love the blue lights on Sev, and the glowing eyes on the Helghast. I'm kind of iffy about the new health now, though. I like that matches are quicker, but I just don't know. Maybe if everybody was on the same level *cough*No Down The Irons*cough* it would be way better. Right now, it just feels like something isn't right. I'm still going to play this game, and I will get the maps next week, but I just feel something needs to change.

Killthee

Master Z said:
I have two gaffers on my list and they never play UC2, how can I be down?
Get an invite to the chatroom. If the 2 gaffers on your list have access to the chatroom, they can send you an invite.

I sent you a FR, I'll send you an invite once you add me.

msdstc said:
2 things... if you think people take zillions of bullets you're doing it wrong. It only takes 5 shots from the AFK.

2nd complaining about realism in games that a headshot means somebody should die? Look I believe headshots should do more damage, but why do people complain if it's not a one hit kill, because it's unrealistic? So is it ok to hide behind a barrel take a few breaths and automatically you feel better and your wounds heal themselves? I hate this argument.

Ok let me rephrase that:

I spray face with around 10 bullets, nothing happens. If I spray face with around 10 bullets, the body of said face should perish but it doesn't happen. No sense this makes.

Simple solution: get better.

I don't see how that is a solution for any of my problems. smh

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Irish said:
Damn it! I forgot to play with TipsyLuxury. Oh well, I'll be on in a bit, but it'll be 5 am for him and he might have passed out by now.

EDIT:

I've never understood all the complaining about grenades. Of course, most of the grenades I die by are a result of me running into them like an idiot or being assaulted by my own teammates. (You wouldn't believe how often this has happened)

My complaint with grenades is how inconsistent they are. I've saved videos of all different types, I've lived while siting on top of one, while I've died from one ridiculously far away. Also I don't get the stumbling, sometimes I get up right away, and other times it takes a ton of time.

Solid Moustache said:
Ok let me rephrase that:

I don't see how that is a solution for any of my problems. smh

Because you said it takes a zillion shots... it only takes 5 bullets from the AK to kill somebody, if it takes you a zillion shots you need severely to improve your aim.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
What's going on here? ND fucked up the multiplayer? Please don't tell me they made it noob friendly by patching in CoD like features. Please don't say that.

[I hate CoD...fucking game has ruined everything]

MP is fine.

mr_nothin

Banned
lastinline said:
I bought the Heroes skins today, and didn't regret my purchase. I like them more than the skins that came with the game. I actually don't even mind that they don't have voices, though them having voices would have rocked. My favorites of the skins are Sev and the Helghast. Love the blue lights on Sev, and the glowing eyes on the Helghast. I'm kind of iffy about the new health now, though. I like that matches are quicker, but I just don't know. Maybe if everybody was on the same level *cough*No Down The Irons*cough* it would be way better. Right now, it just feels like something isn't right. I'm still going to play this game, and I will get the maps next week, but I just feel something needs to change.
See, that's just it for me...if they had the original Crushing mode (lower health/no boosters) in there from the beginning (or even if they added it after the poll) then I wouldnt mind the lowered health.

HYDE

Banned
arne said:
Pretty certain the answer is no on that one.

Hey Arne, I have been playing multiplayer since the beta, and I just played on temple to find someone exploiting a new glitch I have never seen. The player was running under the deck in Temple (right behind the rocket launcher) They were able to walk around quite a bit and take any weapon into it with them. One of the team mates kept luring people up towards the shotgun, and the guy underneath the deck would just slaughter everyone over and over again. I caught the glitchers tag [HIV+]Lunar Assassin.

Oh, and the sniper rifle(especially) as well as the dti/tfal combo are way overpowered.

Even if it isn't in the works, would it be possible to ever impement a feature to be able to switch boosters mid-match? That would be extremely awesome, especially if you could change them on the fly like Bayonetta (last time I checked R2 on the PS3 pad isn't used). Or you could allow two boosters, and allow people to switch between two of them on the fly.

mr_nothin said:
See, that's just it for me...if they had the original Crushing mode (lower health/no boosters) in there from the beginning (or even if they added it after the poll) then I wouldnt mind the lowered health.
I really wouldn't mind them taking out the boosters completely at this point. It's not like the multiplayer would be less fun without boosters. Having everybody be the same, not one person having an advantage over another person would make it fun to me. Then, it would be about skill, and not about the booster that you have equipped. I admit, I used Down The Irons for a very long time, until I just decided to play it without it a while back. It's really not that bad playing without Down The Irons. It's just when other people are using it against you, and you aren't using it, it's just unfair. Plus, with this lower health stuff, boosters should just hit the high road.

crispyben

Killthee said:
Get an invite to the chatroom. If the 2 gaffers on your list have access to the chatroom, they can send you an invite.

I sent you a FR, I'll send you an invite once you add me.
Hey Killthee, long time no see! You still playing? I think I'll take a break until the DLC, but that may go out the window if I see a GAF party :D

Almost all the boosters in this game are terrible. Most are completely useless, and the ones that are good are VERY good. Not to mention the ridiculous idea that there are actually boosters in the game that handicap you. Does anyone seriously ever use these?

mr_nothin

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Almost all the boosters in this game are terrible. Most are completely useless, and the ones that are good are VERY good. Not to mention the ridiculous idea that there are actually boosters in the game that handicap you. Does anyone seriously ever use these?
Yep and they're awesome. I wouldnt dare use INVALID now. I used to use it a lot but f that in the a.

They actually give you more money and provided a challenge. At least when you picked that, you knew what you were getting into.

Killthee

crispyben said:
Hey Killthee, long time no see! You still playing? I think I'll take a break until the DLC, but that may go out the window if I see a GAF party :D
Started playing again once the patch went up. ME2's grip on me is finally dying, but I'm sucking hardcore thanks to the month long absence and the patch :lol

mr_nothin said:
Yep and they're awesome. I wouldnt dare use INVALID now. I used to use it a lot but f that in the a.

They actually give you more money and provided a challenge. At least when you picked that, you knew what you were getting into.

Oh, okay, I didn't know they gave you more money. That at least makes a little bit of sense. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone use one of them.

mr_nothin

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Oh, okay, I didn't know they gave you more money. That at least makes a little bit of sense. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone use one of them.
Crazy thing is...is that I still went like 20-5 even with the Invalid (half health) booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom