• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloinn

Neo Member
Massa said:
The subset of players that visit naughtydog.com regularly may not be representative of the entire player user base. Also, people wanting the game to change have more reasons to go and vote for it rather than those who are happy about it. And that's not to mention that the options available were not good at all (for example, a number of people did not want you to change the game but voted for the playlist option, as evidenced by many replies in this thread).
If you want to have a good poll you shouldn't ask people to come to you, you have to go after them. For example if you do a poll on abortion on a website you're going to get most of the votes from people who are either strongly in favor or against legalizing it, ignoring everyone not in the extremes (which tends to be the majority).

Clever post on this topic since a lot of days !

But remember Massa, "they didn't use the poll to do the change. It was in their head long time ago " hum hum.... how convenient.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
CartridgeBlower said:
Almost all the boosters in this game are terrible. Most are completely useless, and the ones that are good are VERY good. Not to mention the ridiculous idea that there are actually boosters in the game that handicap you. Does anyone seriously ever use these?
I used to use the Invalid (That decreases your health like in half) one because it was fun crippling myself up and try to score more money with every "Get off My Lawn" medal I'd get. You get better playing that way for some reason when you don't use it. I don't use it anymore after I downloaded the patch. :(

Rank 124 on co-op. :D

crispyben

Kasra_2x4 said:
The new maps look lie pretty good,I hope they don't have glitches like Fort.
New screens from the Flooded Ruins (Customs House) and Facility (Submarine Base) maps?

500x_4358841665_deea8bc6d2_b.jpg
500x_4358851385_d2e9b3e5c0_b.jpg

500x_4359589670_8cfffd6daf_b.jpg
500x_4359589910_92607237e6_b.jpg

500x_4359590432_a084ce3064_b.jpg
500x_4359591348_53c2f4311f_b.jpg

Kasra_2x4

Rewrite said:
I used to use the Invalid (That decreases your health like in half) one because it was fun crippling myself up and try to score more money with every "Get off My Lawn" medal I'd get. You get better playing that way for some reason when you don't use it. I don't use it anymore after I downloaded the patch. :(

Rank 124 on co-op. :D
yeah, me too.after downloading the patch its almost impossible to kill 10.I'll miss "Get off My Lawn"

lltp: Haven't player Uncharted 2 in a long time, opened it up because of the patch to see what the fuss was about. I got to agree with some people here, I really don't like the damage change, it doesn't give me enough time to run away from being shot from behind and pull some crazy shit like you use to do before, which was the best thing for me from that game. All of the acrobats that you could pull to avoid getting killed then coming up behind the person and snapping his neck was the best thing about that game for me.

I'll give it another go to see if I can get used to it, and if I don't I'll stop playing and won't get the maps which I was looking forward to since the launch of this game, one of the main reasons why I stopped playing the MP was because lack of maps, they get boring after a while.

One simple solution for ND is to provide 2 types of servers where 1 is with the new damage system and another with the old one, or something, I don't know how this techinical stuff works.

Kasra_2x4

Rapping Granny said:
lltp: Haven't player Uncharted 2 in a long time, opened it up because of the patch to see what the fuss was about. I got to agree with some people here, I really don't like the damage change, it doesn't give me enough time to run away from being shot from behind and pull some crazy shit like you use to do before, which was the best thing for me from that game. All of the acrobats that you could pull to avoid getting killed then coming up behind the person and snapping his neck was the best thing about that game for me.

I'll give it another go to see if I can get used to it, and if I don't I'll stop playing and won't get the maps which I was looking forward to since the launch of this game, one of the main reasons why I stopped playing the MP was because lack of maps, they get boring after a while.

One simple solution for ND is to provide 2 types of servers where 1 is with the new damage system and another with the old one, or something, I don't know how this techinical stuff works.
actually I must confess that I get used to new changes.it just takes some times.and be sure of that the DLC brings you back to the game.anyways its the game of the year and I'm a big fan of it.

I can't stand that autoswitching thing, I must say it's almost breaking the game for me, please, remove it, or make it optional, just do something*-*

Btw, just had a game against a guy called martin1979, "GAF" clan; is he one of you guys?

CozMick

Banned
Fix Fort god damn it!!! Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Getting shot through 3 concrete walls is fucking annoying, every time I've played on Fort today there's been a damn glitcher.

Is there a patch incoming?

Fingers crossed the new dlc isn't as buggy, geez!

CozMick said:
Fix Fort god damn it!!! Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Getting shot through 3 concrete walls is fucking annoying, every time I've played on Fort today there's been a damn glitcher.

Is there a patch incoming?

Fingers crossed the new dlc isn't as buggy, geez!

Fort is still plagued with that issue?

Killthee said:
Get an invite to the chatroom. If the 2 gaffers on your list have access to the chatroom, they can send you an invite.

I sent you a FR, I'll send you an invite once you add me.

Could I also get an invite for the chatroom? All my friends who had the game (3 people) are away from their PS3s till summer...

PSN: LordGriegous

Thanks in advance!

CozMick

Banned
Will my Baseball Shirt Drake still be a Special Edition exclusive once the new dlc is out?

I heard this one was included in the 6 getting released with the maps.

Mt Heart Attack said:
I can't stand that autoswitching thing, I must say it's almost breaking the game for me, please, remove it, or make it optional, just do something*-*

Btw, just had a game against a guy called martin1979, "GAF" clan; is he one of you guys?

Nope, he is not one of the regulars. I've never heard of or played with him.

Irish

I want to be one of the regulars. :(

How do I join this GAF-chat thing?

I'm getting sick of always playing with randoms. They never seem to know what to do. It especially sucks when you run into a full party. :( I've actually ran into a couple of GAF parties and got torn to pieces. How do you guys do it?

crispyben

Irish said:
I want to be one of the regulars. :(

How do I join this GAF-chat thing?

I'm getting sick of always playing with randoms. They never seem to know what to do. It especially sucks when you run into a full party. :( I've actually ran into a couple of GAF parties and got torn to pieces. How do you guys do it?
I see what you did there :D

So I decided to check out the new update. First match was boring in the sense that I never felt threatened. It was in train wreck and popping some bullets from across the map to get a kill was WAY too easy. BUT, at the plaza is where the flaws, worries, and problems manifested.

First of all, a guy on my team just sat behind cover just waiting to pop up to get a kill. Whenever I saw him, I'd melee the air near him hoping he'd get the point. The 4th time, I TK'd the bitch with a grenade.

Rolling is useless. That just makes you an incredibly easy target. Gone are the times when you can roll your way to safety. Mid-roll, and I'm dead. Awesome. No ND, don't add invincible frames to rolls because then people will just be rolling from point A-B. Fuck, I shouldn't have given you the idea...

The chain gun... WOW. Sure, it was deadly before but now it takes a FRACTION of a split second and you're dead. And you know what? Some bitch was camping at the back corner of the map picking people off with ease with it. FUN!

Thank you, ND. I'm done with this shit. I'm sure many of you will tell me to get better without realizing that none of what I had to say has to do with skill. I do fine by my own standards and typically come out at or near the top. I want that when I try and not because it's easy.

I had several matches on Village last night. I abandoned my run and gun ways for a more conservative approach, only keeping near the Heroes spawnpoint and inside the buildings near it.

First match was against a team of dudebros ranked no less than IV. I equipped the FAL and went to work. Picked off someone going after the grenade launcher. Swung around and picked off two more on top of the roof overhanging the chain gun. Finally got AK-ed, but managed to get off a grenade and killed my assailant. This patterned continued all match, much to the consternation of the dudebro team.

My teammates were less skilled, however, so we ended up losing by four kills. 21 kills, seven deaths. It was a good match for me, I think I just adapted quickly to the changes.

Overall verdict of the patch: B. I think that DTI is still overpowered and the fact that ND isn't done anything to fix it is disturbing; they must be very afraid of people quitting if it ends up nerfed. I do like the lowered health now. I feel dumb when I get killed now instead of going WTF BULLSHIT. And the fact that the changes haven't caused my stats to plummet keeps me happy too.

Forgive me, sir, for not running around the map wildly and spraying bullets and maybe getting one or two kills before being killed myself. I didn't realize I just HAD to play your precious fucking game a certain way. There's a difference between camping for kills, and playing smart so we can win. I minimized my exposure to the other team so I wouldn't give them kills, and I moved around enough so that they wouldn't find me when they came to seek revenge.

Best not to jump to conclusions, pal.

mr_nothin

Banned
Irish said:
So, you've become a FAL camper now?

It's all coming together.
I guess that's adjusting......

ConradCervantes said:
Forgive me, sir, for not running around the map wildly and spraying bullets and maybe getting one or two kills before being killed myself. I didn't realize I just HAD to play your precious fucking game a certain way. There's a difference between camping for kills, and playing smart so we can win. I minimized my exposure to the other team so I wouldn't give them kills, and I moved around enough so that they wouldn't find me when they came to seek revenge.

Sounds like COD players to me. It's not camping if you move from 1 doorway to the next and back to the previous doorway. Camping is only when you sit in the same spot and dont move at all.

Yeef

1-ani-phoenix-document.gif

ani-gumshoe-grr.gif

ani-judge.gif

Sounds like COD players to me. It's not camping if you move from 1 doorway to the next and back to the previous doorway. Camping is only when you sit in the same spot and dont move at all.

Sorry. I'm at work and bored out of my mind.

Irish

Wow, what the hell are you getting so defensive about? I'm just noting how people are being forced to change their playstyles by the new update. By the way, run and gunning is still the best option if you knew what you were doing before the patch. The Furies are flowing now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
mr_nothin said:
I guess that's adjusting......

This is true to an extent. Camping are those people who hide away with the fal and just pop off a few shots. My strategy does not involve camping, in fact it's anti-camping, I constantly move from spot to spot trying to get the best possible position.

Irish said:
Wow, what the hell are you getting so defensive about? I'm just noting how people are being forced to change their playstyles by the new update. By the way, run and gunning is still the best option if you knew what you were doing before the patch. The Furies are flowing now.

I think he's defensive, because you constantly criticize people who use DTI or use long range weapons. This is how we play, I personally agree with some of what he says. I play smart, which is why I keep my ratio around 3.20 and why when I'm with my clan we never lose, because we maximize our lives and position this way we can't be shorthanded when the treasure respawns. I get what you're saying about knowing the maps and proper positioning, but I always plan for this. I can tell you right now I never let pistole or shotgun get me, only once in a great while will they get the jump on me.

edit- For the record like I said above I'm anti-camper, that's not my style. However when people complained about campers prior to this update (I agree with people about FAL campers and Snipe campers), I always found it ridiculous. This is where the game is crippled by this update most IMO, when I saw a camper I knew where they were and what they were doing, and I saw it as an easy kill. Why complain?

mr_nothin

Banned
msdstc said:
This is true to an extent. Camping are those people who hide away with the fal and just pop off a few shots. My strategy does not involve camping, in fact it's anti-camping, I constantly move from spot to spot trying to get the best possible position.

I think he's defensive, because you constantly criticize people who use DTI or use long range weapons. This is how we play, I personally agree with some of what he says. I play smart, which is why I keep my ratio around 3.20 and why when I'm with my clan we never lose, because we maximize our lives and position this way we can't be shorthanded when the treasure respawns. I get what you're saying about knowing the maps and proper positioning, but I always plan for this. I can tell you right now I never let pistole or shotgun get me, only once in a great while will they get the jump on me.
Are you saying that that's not camping?
On village, if you're in the back @ the spawn and you're going back and forth from 1 side to the other side...you're still camping. If you're inside of the middle building and you're moving from doorway to door way, it's camping. My definition of camping is from CSS.

Unless you're agreeing with what I said lol
If you're in the same little area most/all the time then it's camping.

Irish

I never criticize people using long range weapons, but I do criticize DtI usage because it's broken and most people know it and use this excuse- "I'm only using it to compete since everyone else uses it as well."

I don't care if the guy is using the FAL, but the way he tells it, he didn't move from the higher quarter of the map at all.

EDIT: I only use the shotgun/pistole when some idiot tries to run through my bullets to kill me with. I don't actively seek those weapons out at all. In fact, the micro is the only weapon in the game I'll ever rush towards.

Perhaps I was too defensive. I hate campers, so I took offense to being called one. I used to run and gun all the time, pistol equipped, and I was pretty good at it. Now whenever I run out into the open, four AK shots to the legs take me down before I even know what's happening. So now I adopted a more defensive playstyle that helps my team win. And it worked pretty well, I won far more games than I lost last night. And that's something I care about more than my k/d ratio.

So once again, I apologize for being perhaps too defensive. Maybe one day we'll face off in a match sometime. :D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
mr_nothin said:
Are you saying that that's not camping?
On village, if you're in the back @ the spawn and you're going back and forth from 1 side to the other side...you're still camping. If you're inside of the middle building and you're moving from doorway to door way, it's camping. My definition of camping is from CSS.

Unless you're agreeing with what I said lol
If you're in the same little area most/all the time then it's camping.

Nah I agree that it's camping in a small spot, that's why I said to an extent. If you constantly hit the same spots that doesn't mean you're camping, it means you have good spots. I don't get why people will criticize me for not approaching an area when it's almost a guaranteed death.

Irish said:
I never criticize people using long range weapons, but I do criticize DtI usage because it's broken and most people know it and use this excuse- "I'm only using it to compete since everyone else uses it as well."

I don't care if the guy is using the FAL, but the way he tells it, he didn't move from the higher quarter of the map at all.

EDIT: I only use the shotgun/pistole when some idiot tries to run through my bullets to kill me with. I don't actively seek those weapons out at all. In fact, the micro is the only weapon in the game I'll ever rush towards.

Just saying man, you constantly are criticizing others playstyles while you openly admit you're not very good, I haven't seen you play or your stats so I don't really know, but that's besides the point. People get defensive when you criticize. I got used to it, but apparently he's not. IMO the pistole is without question the most overpowered gun in this game, it only takes up your pistol shot, you can still play long range and if somebody approaches you, you have 2 chances to hit him with a most of the time one hit kill gun.

edit- Run and gun should only be utilized when necessary. It doesn't take aiming, because the spray is for the most part random, this is why the aiming reticule is HUGE. That's a spray and pray mentality, which deserves far more criticism IMO.

ConradCervantes said:
I used to run and gun all the time, pistol equipped, and I was pretty good at it. Now whenever I run out into the open, four AK shots to the legs take me down before I even know what's happening.

This is what I do now, and the game has become far less fun for me so it looks like I'm going back to MGO tomorrow.

-viper-

Banned
Yeef said:
1-ani-phoenix-document.gif

ani-gumshoe-grr.gif

ani-judge.gif

Sorry. I'm at work and bored out of my mind.
It's easier to spot campers in Uncharted 2 which is why it doesn't really matter if you stand in a spot for a long period of time.

But don't get me started on MW2. Players remain glued to to the fucking spot for hours.

Irish

ConradCervantes said:
So once again, I apologize for being perhaps too defensive. Maybe one day we'll face off in a match sometime. :D

What's your PSN ID? We may have played against each other a couple of times already. :p

They're really isn't pray and spraying going on. I know how many bullets it takes to pull off either a pistol kill or a steel fist and rarely use more than that. It's really not a random tapping of R1 in a guys general direction.

I really don't know how well I play alone because I'm usually grouped of with four of the best players that don't spend 18hrs a day playing the game. It's like trying to grab a chunk of meat out of the mouths of four lions. :p

We've actually played quite a few games together WSK. You're part of the IFA clan or whatever? We were getting ready to play against you last night, but your entire team bailed on you. :(

PSN ID is ConradCervantes. I don't believe I've had the pleasure. I did run into a match against a GAF clan with Kittonwy and Somnium986 once before though. My team...didn't do so well. :lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Irish said:
What's your PSN ID? We may have played against each other a couple of times already. :p

They're really isn't pray and spraying going on. I know how many bullets it takes to pull off either a pistol kill or a steel fist and rarely use more than that. It's really not a random tapping of R1 in a guys general direction.

I really don't know how well I play alone because I'm usually grouped of with four of the best players that don't spend 18hrs a day playing the game. It's like trying to grab a chunk of meat out of the mouths of four lions. :p

We've actually played quite a few games together WSK. You're part of the IFA clan or whatever? We were getting ready to play against you last night, but your entire team bailed on you. :(

:lol yeah that was a disaster. I play with IFA, but rarely :-/, we used to play all the time back in R1 days, but when we get together on UC2 we really put it together. You should send me a friend request, I'm not always on, but I've been playing a lot lately.

Irish

Aye, U2 is actually my first big MP game (outside of a little CoD:WaW back in August) that I've put any time into.

I'm really nowhere near as big of a dick as I seem. I'm actually pretty mellow and am constantly complimenting the other team. (which gets me yelled at quite a bit)

mr_nothin

Banned
msdstc said:
Nah I agree that it's camping in a small spot, that's why I said to an extent. If you constantly hit the same spots that doesn't mean you're camping, it means you have good spots. I don't get why people will criticize me for not approaching an area when it's almost a guaranteed death.
Yea I agree but at least have multiple good spots and not run to the same exact one every time you die (general statement). I'm always the 1 flanking and getting multiple kills while my teammates run head on into the same thing and keep dying.

Also, I'm a semi run-n-gunner. I'm always the 1 that runs into 3+ ppl head on like a bulldozer and just take them out. I utilize cover and climbing along the way but I'm always on the move most of the time. I love using cover to push forward while they shoot all of their bullets and then kill them while they're reloading. There are times where I camp for a little bit but I can only stand it for so long. Even as a sniper I'm always on the move.

I also like running out into the open to draw fire and just take cover real quick and then take out whoever is shooting at me. I just loved all the big chase moments that used to happen. Somebody sees you and starts shooting at you and you run and climb a building and jump down behind them and kill em from behind. With lower health...those moments happen alot less often.

I finally played it again, it felt that the game has moved along much faster. I liked the old location for medals but those news ones are quite fun.

Though "Unlucky" lol.

Have new playlist options been put on the backburner?

mr_nothin said:
Yea I agree but at least have multiple good spots and not run to the same exact one every time you die (general statement). I'm always the 1 flanking and getting multiple kills while my teammates run head on into the same thing and keep dying.

Also, I'm a semi run-n-gunner. I'm always the 1 that runs into 3+ ppl head on like a bulldozer and just take them out. I utilize cover and climbing along the way but I'm always on the move most of the time. I love using cover to push forward while they shoot all of their bullets and then kill them while they're reloading. There are times where I camp for a little bit but I can only stand it for so long. Even as a sniper I'm always on the move.

I also like running out into the open to draw fire and just take cover real quick and then take out whoever is shooting at me. I just loved all the big chase moments that used to happen. Somebody sees you and starts shooting at you and you run and climb a building and jump down behind them and kill em from behind. With lower health...those moments happen alot less often.

I got you on my friends list, but it says you haven't logged on in 2+ months. Did you change PSN id's or something?

Irish said:
Aye, U2 is actually my first big MP game (outside of a little CoD:WaW back in August) that I've put any time into.

I'm really nowhere near as big of a dick as I seem. I'm actually pretty mellow and am constantly complimenting the other team. (which gets me yelled at quite a bit)

Yeah, Broken is tame as hell compared to me! I love to talk shit, but usually after someone on the other team starts it. Usually I end the load screen with a stomach cracking joke, :lol :lol :lol

Was digging around my old cinema files , paused at an opportune time. Teh results....
Chloe in a provocative pose.
qpgw20.jpg

SCORE!
16ixhyh.jpg

Sorry if the pics are to big.
edit: where is everyone. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Somnium986 said:
Was digging around my old cinema files , paused at an opportune time. Teh results....
Chloe in a provocative pose.
http://i46.tinypic.com/qpgw20.jpg/IMG]

SCORE!
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/16ixhyh.jpg[IMG]

Sorry if the pics are to big.[/QUOTE]
:lol

mr_nothin

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
I got you on my friends list, but it says you haven't logged on in 2+ months. Did you change PSN id's or something?
NOPE!
I havent logged in in over 2 months. I said earlier in the thread that my experience with the new patch is limited and I'm just speaking in general on the "lowered health" because I believe that any lowered health from the original health is a move in the wrong direction. Thats what appealed to me the most about UC2's multiplayer. It played more old-school and didnt take 2-3 bullets to die. GOD I HATE THAT about this gen's multplayer. Trying to make games "easier" and more "accessible". Trying to widen the audience...I can understand that but dont make us "hardcore" gamers (for lack of a better phrase) suffer because of the casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom