• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foob

im not sure if it makes any difference, but i ran into a group of people who glitched on turf war on the train wrack level..They like hid in a caboose at the fifth location..I took a pic of their names, is there somewhere I can like report them to? Or does such a thing even exist?

grimmbomb

I just did the update today, and my first dm was very odd. I started out trying to melee a guy and it had no effect. I hit him about five times. He doesn't react so I step back and drop a grenade. That worked.

The rest of the time I used a shotgun or ak and it seemed like I was getting kills before anyone could react, even with the ak. I ended up going 17 and 1. Most of the time I got double down and the second guy didn't even try to shoot or run. Nothing. Oh, and I was using invalid as well. Has anyone else experienced any weird shit like this after the update?

kamspy

Foob said:
im not sure if it makes any difference, but i ran into a group of people who glitched on turf war on the train wrack level..They like hid in a caboose at the fifth location..I took a pic of their names, is there somewhere I can like report them to? Or does such a thing even exist?

http://www.fbi.gov/

you're doin good work son.

mr_nothin

Banned
grimmbomb said:
I just did the update today, and my first dm was very odd. I started out trying to melee a guy and it had no effect. I hit him about five times. He doesn't react so I step back and drop a grenade. That worked.

The rest of the time I used a shotgun or ak and it seemed like I was getting kills before anyone could react, even with the ak. I ended up going 17 and 1. Most of the time I got double down and the second guy didn't even try to shoot or run. Nothing. Oh, and I was using invalid as well. Has anyone else experienced any weird shit like this after the update?
Sounds like lag to me

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, whose dick do I gotta suck to get into a GAF game? I'm pretty much playing this every day now, I'm @ lvl 30 but I'm moving up fast. I've just been playing with randoms, though, it would be cool to meet up with real people. Do I need like a VIP card or somethin?

Kittonwy

Banned
Can't believe we lost that last game, so close rawr. GG guyz. So drunk.
angry.gif

Yeef

Snuggler said:
So, whose dick do I gotta suck to get into a GAF game? I'm pretty much playing this every day now, I'm @ lvl 30 but I'm moving up fast. I've just been playing with randoms, though, it would be cool to meet up with real people. Do I need like a VIP card or somethin?
You need to be a Gold Member.

crispyben

Snuggler said:
Need to send a FR to one of us, you'll then get an invite to the chatroom...

Danielsan

Ughh my first couple of games after the latest patch.
The new damage model is awful and whoever decided on the auto shoulder switching needs a punch in the face.

The shoulder thing is kinda fucked up. When you go to aim it puts you on the wrong shoulder.. everything else is exactly the same. And what new medal sound were you guys talking about? I was looking for a new jingle or something and heard nothing

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JustHadToJoin said:
The shoulder thing is kinda fucked up. When you go to aim it puts you on the wrong shoulder.. everything else is exactly the same. And what new medal sound were you guys talking about? I was looking for a new jingle or something and heard nothing
Not sure if the new medals trigger the new medal sound or an Afterlife kill scenario triggers it, but its definitely there.

Mt Heart Attack said:
Just had a 2vs5 match, how is that even possible? Aren't matches supposed to end when that happens? I couldn't even quit because of the penalty argh.

You could just unplugged your internet connection if you didnt want to play in that odd match. Im quite sure a disconnected internet connection doesnt ding you in the penalty area.

Kasra_2x4

Dedication Through Light said:
You could just unplugged your internet connection if you didnt want to play in that odd match. Im quite sure a disconnected internet connection doesnt ding you in the penalty area.
unfortunately it does.it happened for me more than 5,6 times.and I've lost 40000 bucks about 4 times.dont test it.

Danielsan said:
Ughh my first couple of games after the latest patch.
The new damage model is awful and whoever decided on the auto shoulder switching needs a punch in the face.

:lol :lol :lol It's not that bad, but what's really killed the game for me is the FAL+DTI and people don't seem to realise you don't really need DTI with the new damage.

Irish

Yeah, the auto-shoulder switching always seems to do the wrong thing for me. It wants me to face a wall instead of having it be on my side.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah really there is no advantage to the shoulder switching... I know which way I want to look before I aim, so if I had to switch I did it right away manually, now I'm not sure which way it's going to come up.

Irish

Yeah, I was used to switching manually when I knew I need to shoot a certain way, so, now, when the switching manages to work for once, I manually change it and screw myself over. :(

noah111

Still Alive
Can anyone clarify to me what exactly this auto shoulder switching thing people are talking about actually does? I think I get the general idea but i'd like a specific definition.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sentry said:
Can anyone clarify to me what exactly this auto shoulder switching thing people are talking about actually does? I think I get the general idea but i'd like a specific definition.
Killthee said:
The game now automatically changes the over the shoulder cam depending on where you're standing and sometimes just for the fuck of it. Pre patch, the game would stick to your default when going into over the shoulder mode and if you wanted to switch shoulder you had to click L3 while holding L1. Post patch, if you're close to a wall (and sometimes for no bloody reason) and you hold L1 to aim, it'll automatically switch shoulder for you to give you the best view (i.e. standing close to a wall on your right will automatically switch you to the left shoulder and vice versa). In theory this is pretty cool, best view right? What could possible go wrong? What's happening to me more often than not is that I'm expecting the shoulder cam to be on my right shoulder, but since the game now thinks I'm standing too close to a wall it automatically switches it for me and it completely throws me off and fucks up my kill.

noah111

Still Alive
Hmm, sounds like a major annoyance for those already used to the game. Why can't they just add this into the control options? Shoulder view; Default Right, Default Left, Default Automatic.

Seems most logical to me.

Irish

Indeed. :(

In the main stats page, my kill count is 22223. I just had to get that extra kill. :(

(Weapon stat K/D tends to be more accurate)

Out of the all the competitive medals, the only two I'm missing (outside of the level-exclusive, negative booster ones) are No Cigar and None Shall Pass. (Both should be pretty easy.)

I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a medal for getting a certain number of kills while carrying the treasure. Oh well, as long as ND keeps adding new medals, I think I'm going to be happy.

Let's see if anyone can help. I have the UK version of Uncharted 2 and bought the MP skins of Eye of Indra in the Portuguese store. I can't use the skins, they aren't anywhere to be found!

Is it because I needed to have the UK skins or vice versa? Will it freaking happen if I buy the MP pack?

crispyben

ChackanKun said:
Let's see if anyone can help. I have the UK version of Uncharted 2 and bought the MP skins of Eye of Indra in the Portuguese store. I can't use the skins, they aren't anywhere to be found!

Is it because I needed to have the UK skins or vice versa? Will it freaking happen if I buy the MP pack?
Yes, and yes, unfortunately. It's their way to limit the impact of cheap UK games over the rest of Europe...

crispyben said:
Yes, and yes, unfortunately. It's their way to limit the impact of cheap UK games over the rest of Europe...

Is this verified? I mean, what the hell...

By the way, nice games tonight guys, I sure am glad I have people to play online now :D

I subconsciously noticed the shoulder-switching last night, not thinking it would be something that they would actually mess with, so imagine my surprise when I read on here that they indeed tampered with it. Not a fan.

TripOpt55

I love the new medals. It's surprising how many I get just playing. Obviously stuff like First, Finish him, Retaliation and Defender just sort of happen. Without really thinking about it, I found myself getting a few Tricky medals on The Lost City when coming out of the tunnels. Pretty cool. These extra medals are helping me level up a bit faster too which is sweet. Do they have the values for each somewhere. I can never see them when they pop up.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
brandonh83 said:
I subconsciously noticed the shoulder-switching last night, not thinking it would be something that they would actually mess with, so imagine my surprise when I read on here that they indeed tampered with it. Not a fan.
I don't think anyone is a fan..except for Yeef. He's the only one that likes it.

Snipes424 said:
Sounds like Naughty Dogs are cleaning house @ the AIAS awards.

5 won so far
Make it 6.

Edit: 7, bitches.

Edit 2: 8, mofrackies.

Edit 3: Annnd, the developers of MW2 are exactly as you would expect them to be.

Crewnh said:
One guy makes an "I" and "W" sign with his fingers and shouts out "I-DUB" and the comic book guy tactlessly exclaims, "The game industry is in a great place right now" which is met with incredulous silence.

templeusox said:
One guy makes an "I" and "W" sign with his fingers and shouts out "I-DUB" and the comic book guy tactlessly exclaims, "The game industry is in a great place right now" which is met with incredulous silence.
Ha, wow. :lol

I need to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom