• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
templeusox said:
Man, I kinda feel bad for Insomniac. They made an awesome game and get overshadowed by the buzzsaw that is UC2.

The same can be said for Batman AA and Assassin's Creed 2! Thing is, as good as those games were, Uncharted 2 was better than both of them and deserved every award it got!!!! 10 of them to be exact! Awesome show for the Naughty Gods! Arne is probably getting so drunk right now! Let the Dogs know that the NeoGAF GOTY is still the most prestigious award, lol!!!

Kittonwy

Banned
Been having some problems with staying connected to PSN tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

xtheEnemy

Banned
templeusox said:
Man, I kinda feel bad for Insomniac. They made an awesome game and get overshadowed by the buzzsaw that is UC2.

Every game that has been released last year has been overshadowed by Uncharted 2.

Not by Hype or Sales, but in all aspects of gaming and how we love everything about it. :D

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
The same can be said for Batman AA and Assassin's Creed 2! Thing is, as good as those games were, Uncharted 2 was better than both of them and deserved every award it got!!!! 10 of them to be exact! Awesome show for the Naughty Gods! Arne is probably getting so drunk right now! Let the Dogs know that the NeoGAF GOTY is still the most prestigious award, lol!!!

UNCHARTED 2 DOMINAYSHION!!!222!!!
angry.gif

Getting more used to the new health now, I don't really feel any difference other than during sniper & pistole matches at this point.
Indifferent2.gif

Darkatomz

Kittonwy said:
UNCHARTED 2 DOMINAYSHION!!!222!!!
angry.gif

Getting more used to the new health now, I don't really feel any difference other than during sniper & pistole matches at this point.
Indifferent2.gif
Some of us adapt better to massive change than others...

iratA

All this talk and buzz around UC2 again has got me interested in getting back into the multiplayer. Just a quick question though.. will our existing MP stats carry over to unlock some of the new multiplayer trophies that are coming?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
iratA said:
All this talk and buzz around UC2 again has got me interested in getting back into the multiplayer. Just a quick question though.. will our existing MP stats carry over to unlock some of the new multiplayer trophies that are coming?
Nope.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Okay seriously, what is going on? Is it PSN or just me...because every time I've played a Co-Op Arena match tonight, either it says "Connection Error" or another player disconnects. This happens when a player is idle in the match and doesn't move for like half of the match before it gives the connection error message. Seriously, what is up? Am I the only one experiencing this problem today? It's annoying because we're in round 7 of Survival or Gold Rush mode and all of a sudden the player is idle and we get a connection error like midway through the round. :| Out of like the five matches of survival/gold rush that I've played, I have only managed to successfully complete one without a connection error. :\

Killthee

Rewrite said:
Okay seriously, what is going on? Is it PSN or just me...because every time I've played a Co-Op Arena match tonight, either it says "Connection Error" or another player disconnects. This happens when a player is idle in the match and doesn't move for like half of the match before it gives the connection error message. Seriously, what is up? Am I the only one experiencing this problem today? It's annoying because we're in round 7 of Survival or Gold Rush mode and all of a sudden the player is idle and we get a connection error like midway through the round. :| Out of like the five matches of survival/gold rush that I've played, I have only managed to successfully complete one without a connection error. :\
It might be the new idle kick they added in 1.05. It kicks in after ~2 - 3 minutes of inactivity. In comp it migrates the host if he's kicked, but in co-op its auto connection error for everybody if anybody is dropped or kicked.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Killthee said:
It might be the new idle kick they added in 1.05. It kicks in after ~2 - 3 minutes of inactivity. In comp it migrates the host if he's kicked, but in co-op its auto connection error for everybody if anybody is dropped or kicked.

I thought that the kicking option would happen if that idle person was in the matchmaking pool. :(

Killthee

Rewrite said:

I thought that the kicking option would happen if that idle person was in the matchmaking pool. :(
No, I think it kicks you from the mm pool by dropping you mid game and sending you back to the lobby. I've played a couple of games were 2 - 3 minutes in people start dropping like flies. First time it happened, 3 people just dropped and the host was migrated. The second time, I noticed a couple of people on the other team were AFK, 2 - 3 minutes later they both got dropped at the same time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Killthee said:
No, I think it kicks you from the mm pool by dropping you mid game and sending you back to the lobby. I've played a couple of games were 2 - 3 minutes in people start dropping like flies. First time it happened, 3 people just dropped and the host was migrated. The second time, I noticed a couple of people on the other team were AFK, 2 - 3 minutes later they both got dropped at the same time.
Oh man, I hope I'm having a bad night playing with random people then because I don't want to see this happening very frequently in Co-Op Arena. :(

Thanks for the quick answers. I appreciate it.

CozMick

Banned
How exactly do you unlock Hard and Crushing for co-op play?

I understand that it has to be finished on Normal first but they just ain't unlocking.

Gyrian

CozMick said:
How exactly do you unlock Hard and Crushing for co-op play?

I understand that it has to be finished on Normal first but they just ain't unlocking.

In co-op objective, the difficulty level is only as high as the lowest one set by anyone in your team. You can be set to Crushing, but if one of your mates is at Easy, then everyone's playing in Easy.

On other news, glad to be back to the world of U2!
Got my first taste of 1.05 last night; the balance changes + not playing for about a week really kicked my behind for a while.

Early impressions:

Minus
It's been said a lot, but I'll echo the feeling: shoulder auto switching is awkward, and tends to be backfire in the most inconvenient moments.

Plus
NDI, I <3 you, you went ahead and gave Navarro his proper voice!.
Goodbye Sark "See you laaaaater!", hello "Gracias, I'll take that!".

If they add some Drake's Fortune music for the MP lobby next week, I just might lose it. :0

hamchan

Just played a couple of multiplayer games. I'm fine with the health and weapon changes but FUCK the auto-shoulder changing. Change that back to how it used to be, it's really messing with me.

Levi

Banned
I have a nearly 7-hour flight today which is filling me with crushing anxiety. HOWEVER: the light at the end of the tunnel is I can get back on the UC2 horse. I had been trying to get into the top 1000 on the wins leaderboard, I wonder how many spots I fell while I was gone. :(

Super LTTP, I know but I finally got around to playing the first Uncharted and just beat it. Holy shit, what an awesome game! Really short though.

The part with the
zombie spaniards
really fucking threw me off :lol I did not expect it and I
jumped like a little bitch. I don't like scary parts in games, :lol

I just wish it had more platforming and climbing segments since I really, really enjoyed those.

About to dive in to Uncharted 2. How does that compare to the first in terms of climbing and platforming and etc.?

BeeDog

effingvic said:
Super LTTP, I know but I finally got around to playing the first Uncharted and just beat it. Holy shit, what an awesome game! Really short though.

The part with the
zombie spaniards
really fucking threw me off :lol I did not expect it and I
jumped like a little bitch. I don't like scary parts in games, :lol

I just wish it had more platforming and climbing segments since I really, really enjoyed those.

About to dive in to Uncharted 2. How does that compare to the first in terms of climbing and platforming and etc.?

Uncharted 2 is better in absolutely every way possible.

Just sat down and replayed Urban Warfare and Desperate Times, two amazing chapters. I love that part where
Drake and Chloe jumps through the window of the collapsing hotel, ends up in another building and finally there's a moment of silence...
except for a clock on the wall that keeps ticking. Awesome subtle detail.

I'll never get tired of the single player in this game.

Killthee

Gyrian said:
His "Lets play" line is awesome :D

Levi

Banned
Irish said:
As if you could even break the top 70,000. :p
Please tell me you'll be playing Saturday. Between your abandonment of UC2 to play Bioshock 2 MP and my being thousands of miles away from my PS3, I haven't TKed you in weeks.

KABOOM!

Gyrian said:
Plus

If they add some Drake's Fortune music for the MP lobby next week, I just might lose it. :0

Wait, so the skins are available now? 0_0

Anyway, tried some Plunder last night, and I have to say I don't see this whole "Waaah people don't go for the treasure" complaint at all. It's MUCH harder with the lower health, you really have to work together (conversing via headsets helps A LOT), but it's by no means bad. I got some people even my own teammates citing "The Sniper Rifles are for Pussies" But I think they're pretty essential in Plunder to help give your teammates some cover since they can't survive long if they're ambushed by three guys.

Killthee

Choppasmith said:

Anyway, tried some Plunder last night, and I have to say I don't see this whole "Waaah people don't go for the treasure" complaint at all. It's MUCH harder with the lower health, you really have to work together (conversing via headsets helps A LOT), but it's by no means bad. I got some people even my own teammates citing "The Sniper Rifles are for Pussies" But I think they're pretty essential in Plunder to help give your teammates some cover since they can't survive long if they're ambushed by three guys.
They gave out codes for the Navarro skin at Comic Con last year.

Gyrian

Choppasmith said:

Not yet; Navarro alone had been available as a Comic Con giveaway.
He didn't have unique lines, though; he shared his voice with one of Lazarevic's soldiers.

Since 1.05, he's finally received his proper voice as we remember him from U1.
If there were any doubts, I think it's pretty clear now that 1.05 includes next week's DLC in that 94mb, to ensure that all U2 players can display it. :D

VsRobot said:
Please tell me you'll be playing Saturday. Between your abandonment of UC2 to play Bioshock 2 MP and my being thousands of miles away from my PS3, I haven't TKed you in weeks.

KABOOM!
personally i think us regulars would prefer you dont come back.

Irish

VsRobot said:

KABOOM!

I only played a total of two hours of Bioshock 2 MP. :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JustHadToJoin said:
How can they possibly beat this with Uncharted 3

Gotta take the opportunity to toss a raw idea to the devs.

Remember the
vehicles section where you have to jump from truck to truck? That was cool and all, but how about spicing things up a bit by actually letting you drive some of those vehicles from time to time?

What if you add enemies on bikes and the ability to jump on those, knock off the driver and actually drive them yourself in order to reach an otherwise unreachable moving object (like a train)?

Basically, add a bit of Pursuit Force to it but covered with ND awesomeness.

TTP said:
Gotta take the opportunity to toss a raw idea to the devs.

Remember the
vehicles section where you have to jump from truck to truck? That was cool and all, but how about spicing things up a bit by actually letting you drive some of those vehicles from time to time?

What if you add enemies on bikes and the ability to jump on those, knock off the driver and actually drive them yourself in order to reach an otherwise unreachable moving object (like a train)?

Basically, add a bit of Pursuit Force to it but covered with ND awesomeness.

oh man what i would give for new pursuit force on current gen consoles.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good stuff.
I don't know if you liked the first Uncharted, but I can personally guarantee you that it won't be a Jak & Daxter to Jak II kind of deal. Have some funs.

Any GAF games tonight? I was thinking about renting MAG, but fuck it, I'll probably just play some Uncharted 2 multi instead. It's about time I bring the pain to Uncharted GAF.

Chris_C

So uh, I guess the game must be selling at a decent clip, last week I believe we heard it had just broken the 3 million barrier right? Well the latest post on the playstation blog about Co-president Christophe Balestra says this:

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has also garnered more than 150 other industry awards, has over 1.5 million online users worldwide, and has surpassed 3.5 million copies sold worldwide – the fastest selling first-party title for PlayStation. Not to mention, it’s established a new standard for games developed on the PS3 platform.

AniHawk

Snuggler said:
Good stuff.
I don't know if you liked the first Uncharted, but I can personally guarantee you that it won't be a Jak & Daxter to Jak II kind of deal. Have some funs.

I only played the demo for Uncharted. This is my first ND game since Jak II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom