• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CozMick

Banned
daxter01 said:
ok i think i saw a level 64 what the fuck is going on:lol ? oh and new Grenades sucks ass Chinese firecrackers are more dangerous than this shit

Level cap is now level 80 :lol

2 new unlockable characters.

CozMick said:
The cover works, I see no problem there when the lag is minimal.

Getting shot while in cover happens in every game not just post 1.08 Uncharted 2 :p

But with the shotties as they are people are never scared to run in guns blazing because the game will do the aiming for them.

This stops the game from being a "true"
cover shooter.

I have friends who love and loathe post 1.08, I guess you can't please everyone.

True, but not everyone uses the shotty all at the same time. If a MP game actually had people who can play with teamwork, then you'd see those who take cover providing cover fire for those who advance forward using shotties. Multiplayer gaming is so pathetic when you start thinking about how much more fun it'd be if people played the way you imagine it should.

OT: Like... imagine if the first reaction wasn't always KILL KILL KILL when you spot someone with the opposite color text above their head and instead you waited in hiding... waiting for them to give the all clear sign to their buddies because they, too, are playing with team work. Then you ambush when they're all in sight as you all pick a target individually. Or maybe you can capture an enemy and start stripping away his earned points until he gives away his team's secrets. Fuck, I'd love to play like that.

CozMick

Banned
I always imagine what games would be like if people played them the same as the trailers shown. :lol

I do admit I stay in cover for a lot longer nowadays, but isn't this the way ND intended the game to be played?

People wanted to run n gun, fair enough but in a supposed cover based shooter this shouldn't be happening.

daxter01 said:
so i assume you need $362,965,500 for level 80 huh?:lol :lol

Yes, that is correct :lol :lol :lol :lol

jett

D-Member
It's interesting how the people that complain about 1.05 were probably the same people that were actually demanding those changes before.

All I could hear in the GAF matches before 1.05 was:

DOWN THE IRONS IS SO CHEAP
LASER GUIDED BULLETS
DTI+FLEET FOOT WTF YOU CHEATER
OMG HOW DID HE NOT DIE AFTER ALL THOSE FUCKING BULLETS
FUCKING CHEAP ASS GRENADE
FUCKING AUTOAIMING SHOTGUN

Just shut the fuck up already! Whiners and bitches, is all you are.

jett said:
It's interesting how the people that complain about 1.05 were probably the same people that were actually demanding those changes before.

LASER GUIDED BULLETS

So lowering health and weakening grenades were the proper solutions? Just curious.

I'm fine with it now but prefer the old. I didn't care at all about what you listed.

I'm enjoying the Lab a lot more than I thought I would and because there's no SA I can actually sneak up on people so I've almost got the stealth kill trophy. I think I've got almost all of them except for the Hard/Crushing co-op runs and a few others so if anyone else needs those too I'd be grateful for the help. However, I've no idea how I'm going to get the Protectorate trophy.

Yeef

jett said:

LASER GUIDED BULLETS

Except for the DTI stuff you wouldn't have heard a lot of that from the GAF regulars. Back in the earlier days a lot more people used to post here regularly, but most of them have probably left the game for good.

We have this conversation pretty much every day at this point, so I'm not going to bother explaining why 1.04 and earlier were better. Regardless of balance issues and other things the simple fact is that the game was a lot more fun in its earlier incarnations.

Darkatomz

CozMick said:
Wow, the hostility towards people that claim the current multiplayer is better than <1.04 is quite disturbing. :lol

Grenades were nuclear warheads.

Every bullet in the FAL was a laser guided missile.

Slight lag made everyone a full magazine bullet sponge.

A player within 20yrds of cover had no worries of dying.

Down the Irons, LOL!

You may not agree with this but a cover based shooter this is not as long as the Pistole/SPAS have this amount of ridiculous sticky-aim.

Apart from the apparent out of map glitches this game is now nigh on perfect.

Grenades are fine either way to me, but I still prefer the old style.

The FAL was only cheap when combined with the old DTI. With the reduced fire rate, nerfed DTI, and half health, the FAL is way too useless now. There is a very good reason why very very few people use either these days. ND really did not need to reduce the fire rate if they had kept the old health.

If you're concerned about bullet sponges, then play COD and its market variants, because this is what UC2 has turned into for the most part.

Yes, blind autoaim has been cut down, which is good for the most part. Really the only change I can completely appreciate.

And about the part about how this game is perfect... how about a NO. The gap between the people who can play and the people who can not has been shrunk significantly. If you sucked at this game before, then yeah, I can easily see why you like this game now. Lag and glitches are more prevalent, SA is plain cheap (worse than DTI imo), and oh, the health? Combine it all, and you promote a camp-friendly less-skill-than-ever game. Even if you disregard all of the major changes, NO GAME should completely change its play style months after its been on the market. Pick it and fucking stick it. Don't try to appeal to a broader audience when you've already set the foundation.

Anyways, the grenade Lab is retarded, just as I predicted weeks ago. The screen shakes nonstop, and it's hard to see people, let alone kill them. Using Skellies in this mode is borderline cheating. Just playing one 10min match hurt my eyes from just trying to focus on the screen.

Wowbagger

Haha, nades only is all kinds of silly. I hope GAF isn't done with this mode yet. Played a couple matches with randoms just now, but it's not the same without GAF. :'( Gotta finish Darksiders today. Hopefully GAF will play the lab tomorrow.

Redbeard

Banned
Darkatomz said:
Grenades are fine either way to me, but I still prefer the old style.

The FAL was only cheap when combined with the old DTI. With the reduced fire rate, nerfed DTI, and half health, the FAL is way too useless now. There is a very good reason why very very few people use either these days. ND really did not need to reduce the fire rate if they had kept the old health.

If you're concerned about bullet sponges, then play COD and its market variants, because this is what UC2 has turned into for the most part.

Yes, blind autoaim has been cut down, which is good for the most part. Really the only change I can completely appreciate.

And about the part about how this game is perfect... how about a NO. The gap between the people who can play and the people who can not has been shrunk significantly. If you sucked at this game before, then yeah, I can easily see why you like this game now. Lag and glitches are more prevalent, SA is plain cheap (worse than DTI imo), and oh, the health? Combine it all, and you promote a camp-friendly less-skill-than-ever game. Even if you disregard all of the major changes, NO GAME should completely change its play style months after its been on the market. Pick it and fucking stick it. Don't try to appeal to a broader audience when you've already set the foundation.

Anyways, the grenade Lab is retarded, just as I predicted weeks ago. The screen shakes nonstop, and it's hard to see people, let alone kill them. Using Skellies in this mode is borderline cheating. Just playing one 10min match hurt my eyes from just trying to focus on the screen.

Agreed...

These are reasons why I haven't returned to Uncharted 2's mp.

It's great fun, but they messed with too many of the variables and made some of the most skillful weapons like the FAL worthless.

I don't have any fun using the standard assault rifle, which is way too overpowered with the levels of autoaim

Irish

jett said:

LASER GUIDED BULLETS

These are the only things the main group complained about and they're all due to DtI's extra abilities, which were most definitely there. Hell, it was eventually fixed, but that happened after the lowered health fucked just about everything else up. Since then, ND has been 'fixing' stuff that was never broken when the game released. Of course, each of their 'fixes' involves limiting the player in some way or completely breaking something else.

3-booster Glitch fix- Now I can't change things like boosters and characters 4 secs before it goes into the loading screen. If I have to get up to do anything, I'm just fucked.

Geometry glitch fixes- I can be running around the battlefield and if I happen to step in the wrong, random spot where a glitch happened to be entered from before, I'll just automatically die. These spots are all over the place too.

There are tons more of these fuckin' 'fixes' too.

Also, the rest of the complaints were probably Somnium just bitching about everything, which he still does now. :p

I think the grenade-only thing would probably be better if the grenades were limited. Right now, all you have is people spamming grenades.

Levi

Banned
Yeef said:
We have this conversation pretty much every day at this point

Yes! Everything that needed to be said has been said (most cogently by our pal BleachEX on the ND forum) and at this point we're not just beating the dead horse, we've rendered it into glue and we're beating the glue.

1.04 is gone (GONE!), 1.05 was a crime against humanity, and the game has gotten significantly better since since then, even if it might not be as good as we remember 1.04 being.

all of this makes me a sad Panda. I long for the days of 1.04. I would gladly take the increased health and DTI/FF over decreased health and SA. The game was so much more fun.

Jaroof

Grenade only matches.
Wow.
So.
Fun.
And.
Stupid.

cjtiger300 said:
all of this makes me a sad Panda. I long for the days of 1.04. I would gladly take the increased health and DTI/FF over decreased health and SA. The game was so much more fun.

Agreed. :(

Melfice7

Majine said:
I need to dodge too, you know. :lol

You can never stand still. Atleast until you find a good throwing spot.

well yeah gotta try and stay in the clear areas

at plaza i have no idea how i escaped out of a full bombardmen from both teams i got stunned like 5 times in a row, i jumped left i jumped right, i rolled til i was able to catch my breath behind some cover xD

LOL I forgot I made this picture after playing the game the first time.
SillySully.png

Damn I hope the third game has a flashback to young sully days!

So, tried starting up a new game today, got the 1.08 reset glitch.

Finally got it download the update after taking out the game, but now it just hangs at the spinning dagger upon startup.

Is my Uncharted copy screwed?

I'm loving this Grenades only. Just exposing everywhere. No where to hide. No where to run. Just chuck those grenades towards a open or congested area and hope your not team killing.

-viper-

Banned
jett said:

LASER GUIDED BULLETS

jett
Mr. Positivity?

:p

Eccocid

Am i the only one who has to wait for 15 minutes to enter a match in multiplayer? And it takes same amount to join another lobby after a game ends?
Thats so annoying!

reKon

Banned
LOL. Grenade only mode is the funny shit ever...

it's also so incredibly intense. I just did the jump dodging technique back and forth dodging grenades (by luck and then just meleed someone for a kill). I'm definitely saving some videos from today.

_RT_

Eccocid said:
Am i the only one who has to wait for 15 minutes to enter a match in multiplayer? And it takes same amount to join another lobby after a game ends?
Thats so annoying!

I'm finding this more and more lately.
No one seems to play co-op arena anymore.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So, tried starting up a new game today, got the 1.08 reset glitch.

Finally got it download the update after taking out the game, but now it just hangs at the spinning dagger upon startup.

Is my Uncharted copy screwed?
A few days ago I got back into the game. After downloading the patches I missed (few months without playing), I had this exact problem with the game failing to load and getting stuck at the spinning dagger. I noticed that exiting the game via the XMB restarted the system.

I didn't do anything special. After a few tries the game booted up correctly. Hopefully this will happen to you as well.

d0c_zaius

Irish said:
3-booster Glitch fix- Now I can't change things like boosters and characters 4 secs before it goes into the loading screen. If I have to get up to do anything, I'm just fucked.

So rather than fix an abusive bug that undermined the point of having two boosters, you want your 4 seconds back to you can finish making a grilled cheese before starting a MP game?

That question is rhetorical.

Irish

That's too bad, cause I'm going to answer it. I'd rather them actually fix something for once instead of fucking something else up.

d0c_zaius

Irish said:
That's too bad, cause I'm going to answer it. I'd rather them actually fix something for once instead of fucking something else up.

Yes and that is why you are on this end of the development spectrum. For you, 3 seconds of ass-wipe time > fixing an abusive exploit that undermines the core game mechanics and impacts every user.

I could point out a number of things that were fixed without any problem what-so-ever, but I'd rather let you wallow in your bitterness. Of course you can enlighten me as to your development/programming experience that gives you this outlook of "I can fix things without other things changing at all".

But that would be a waste of time, guy.

EDIT: I was waiting to see how long until you went into some unrelated 1.04 rant that somehow justifies your eternal bitterness. It's pointless debating development issues with random, overly self-entitled consumers.

But you are down with huge exploits being let go, as long as you have a final3 seconds to change your booster. What a fucking joke:lol :lol .

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
At what time are you guys attempting to play co-op arena? I always play at night and I have no problem finding random people to play with.

By the way, sorry for being a mute on our games this past Saturday, vsRobot/Somnium (?)...but I have a love/hate relationship with my headset. It sometimes works, then it doesn't. :\

I couldn't stop laughing at that guy who had a grudge against me and vsRobot though. That was the most hilarious shit ever. Zacuraman or some shit like that. I mean, I'm not surprised he talked shit to me since I've played with that guy in random games previously, but to vsRobot? Seriously, what!? :lol The small online community in this game makes me laugh sometimes because since I always play with randoms in Plunder matches, there's like this small mini community of online players who I always run across into every night. We've become regulars of that mode so I always run into the same people. It's pretty fun and I've never had that happen to me in another game where the same people at around the same time play.

Irish

d0c_zaius said:
But that would be a waste of time, guy.

That's exactly what the MP team needs. They need to spend some time actually doing something worthwhile or else they may end up completely overhauling the game 4 months after release, undoing all of the balancing work that was already done. Oh, wait a second...

TripOpt55

I played a couple of just grenade matches. Not something I'd want to play much, but it was pretty funny. I didn't have a very good match but still had fun so it had that going for it.

Levi

Banned
Everyone's fighting the 1.04 battle long after it's been lost, when we should be speaking up and loudly demanding they reduce lag (match people based on connections, not badge!) and punish cheaters!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't know what happened...

All of a sudden, everything froze over here and it disconnected me from PSN. Then I try to reconnect and it says there's a firmware update or some shit like that. Wtf? I wasn't even aware there was an update.

Still, awesome games duders!

VulcanVillain

Neo Member
Forgive me if I'm off-base here, as I play very sporadically. Didn't we used to get only 10 seconds to select boosters? Now we get 12 (15 - 3 = 12).

I don't see where the problem is. If you know you want to walk away, choose your "old standby" boosters. Everyone has them (and SA abusers can go straight to hell...do not pass GO...do not collect $200).

VsRobot said:
Everyone's fighting the 1.04 battle long after it's been lost, when we should be speaking up and loudly demanding they reduce lag (match people based on connections, not badge!) and punish cheaters!
This.
It's hard to get use to the game the way it is now with the lag being so bad. With little to no lag I end up doing pretty well!( SHOCKING RIGHT!?) Plus the spawns are messed up.. again. :mad: Matchmaking so needs to be based off connection. Would make the chances of running into the dreaded BRA/MEX/JPN clan tags almost zero.:lol

Even though I prefer 1.04, theres still no other MP game I enjoy as much as this. BC2 had me and others for a while ,but we all came crawling back sooner or later.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom