• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
Another ps3 exclusive another review meltdown. The story never changes...

Just read the review... god, it actually is amateurish. What a pathetic review. Carry on with the hate. Its justified in my opinion.

Ashes1396 said:

Just read the review... god, it actually is amateurish. What a pathetic review. Carry on with the hate. Its justified in my opinion.

:lol That was great stuff.

Amir0x said:
In reading the comments, some guy representing gamedaily said "We get it, Uncharted 2 fanboys! It's a good game! Just not as good as Halo 3 ODST!"

Then he had his comment removed and replaced by a more user friendly comment from gdresponds.

god now you guys have me wasting my time reading the comments section at gamedaily!

WTF :lol

Amir0x

Banned
hahaha collectively a bunch of GAFers posted the Halo 3 ODST comment back on the gamedaily comments section

oh god i'm trapped

LaneDS

highluxury said:
Shouldnt we start Uncharting our avatars in anticipation?
mu9bav.gif

I support this thought.

Alex

I'm not a review person, never read 'em, never look at scores, but this is pretty great. Biased nonsense disguised as "down to Earth realism" and "anti-hype" is pretty common, boring fare, but site admins outright trolling in their comments section then trying to cover it up is just great. Like hitting a beehive with a stick and it landing on your head.

It'd be more great if it was a site I've actually yknow, heard of before, but this is OK too

grif1020 said:
The Darkness is fucking incredible with the acting, especially that scene. Between that and the end of Half-Life 2: Episode two, I'm not quite sure what is blowing you guys away about Uncharted 2 cutscenes. They are excellent, but not in a league of their own.

It's amazing the hard on you have for trying to shit on Uncharted 2.

Wowbagger

While we're on the topic of stupidity in reviews, let me just point and laugh at gamer.no for claiming Uncharted 2 only trumphs the first in the technology department, and gamereactor.se for saying the addition of multiplayer feels forced and it's beyond them why anyone would play it over a multiplayer giant like Red Faction: Guerrilla.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Embarrassing. I've never even clicked on their site. Won't start now.
IMO you shud cuz it gives a good insight in2 how much shit this game actually is and will give you lots of reasons not to buy it cuz of how much crap the game is....................

Dax01 said:
IMO you shud cuz it gives a good insight in2 how much shit this game actually is and will give you lots of reasons not to buy it cuz of how much crap the game is....................

You wrote it didn't you!!!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wow. The tag line for the review is the most blatant bait I've ever seen for a review (that I can remember).

"Uncharted 2 received so many perfect scores, is there anything it does wrong? Well, yes, there is."

Then you start by bringing in other reviews to open up your own and basing the review on disproving other reviews? I can't think of a worse way to "review" a game than this. It's not even a review.

ACE 1991

Wowbagger said:
While we're on the topic of stupidity in reviews, let me just point and laugh at gamer.no for claiming Uncharted 2 only trumphs the first in the technology department, and gamereactor.se for saying the addition of multiplayer feels forced and it's beyond them why anyone would play it over a multiplayer giant like Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Holy shit, did they really refer to RF:G as a multiplayer giant? :lol

Wow.

Ashes1396 said:

Actually the comments section is more fail then the review itself. They can't even take the criticism. Its filled with stupid responses from the site. It proves that they are'nt professional at all. FailDaily for sure.

Definity

Just seen this pic come across the Sony twitter for the Uncharted 2 cinema events being held tonight. Any gaf folks lucky enough to make it to one post more pics/impressions!

6tkdw6.jpg

Alex

Wowbagger said:

I thought Red Faction had pretty good multiplayer? So I read, at least, never played it.

The multiplayer demo for Uncharted 2 feels anything but forced, in my opinion. I'm still amazed just how well it plays. As someone who merely liked the original Uncharted and is against the trend of competitive multiplayer tacked on previously single player titles, it certainly made me eat crow.

It takes a lot to get me to spend much time on a console multiplayer game that isn't co-op.

The amount of hours I've sunk into that damn demo is significantly more than what I sunk into Modern Warfare, Halo, Warhawk, Gears of War, etc. Hell, probably all combined. Multiplayer is amazing in this game.

Still going to whine for campaign co-op in Uncharted 3 though. Gold Rush and Survival co-op are great fun, but nothing beats being able to go through the whole story with a pal.

With the available mechanics Uncharted has rather than just pure shooting (which, co-op wise, is taking some wear from me, getting a little sick of it), you could add in some great stuff without having to compromise the single player only folks like RE5 did.

Ashes

Banned
There was another review that docked points for UC2 not being pefect. So this isn't a single entity. Perhaps, it just goes to show that when you absolutely want to find something wrong with a game, you will do.

I have a feeling that Gamedaily's world where they "do better moving forward about making those tens count" will start and end with Uncharted 2. And then will start and end with the next PS3 exclusive.

I'm at the San Francisco right now. Jeff Rubenstein, Chris Morrel, Amy Henning, and more are here. We just got done with introductions, trailers, and as Amy was talking about the game they started the theater demo with this:

EVERYONE is getting a giftbag with a copy of the game in it! :D :D :D

nib95

Banned
I didn't actually click the GameDaily review link. The quotes from it I saw from the users were bad enough. Some vomit inducing writing right there.

A review that comments on other reviews and metacritic? WTF....

Anyway, not that I actually cared about or knew much about the site before. But as far as I'm concerned they have little credibility. Yes, it's one users opinion (a freelancer?), but if the site deemed the review good enough to post, then the site is equally to blame.

Some of the quotes from that review are downright cringe worthy. As are the reviewers/sites responses in respect to the comments/criticisms.

I hope that guy doesn't review any more games for the site lol.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm moving out of Boston, nothing video game related ever happens in this city.

There are going to be a bunch of happy people playing uncharted 2 tonight.

freitax

xenorevlis said:
I'm at the San Francisco right now. Jeff Rubenstein, Chris Morrel, Amy Henning, and more are here. We just got done with introductions, trailers, and as Amy was talking about the game they started the theater demo with this:

you lucky son of a gun.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
If this was in nyc, I would have taken the day off and stayed with a friend in nyc just to attend the event. West coast gets all the cool video game related events.

freitax said:
I live in portugal dude, we pay 70euros for a game that's 100dollars, mmkay?

Yes but you have such nice beaches there, no?

xenorevlis said:

I am so jealous... so so jealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom