• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
MercuryLS said:
The guy that didn't go cause a ride fell through is really really going to hate his friend me thinks.

Yea that much is certain. If they gave away the Fortune Hunter editions, boy I would explode.

xenorevlis said:
I'm at the San Francisco right now. Jeff Rubenstein, Chris Morrel, Amy Henning, and more are here. We just got done with introductions, trailers, and as Amy was talking about the game they started the theater demo with this:

EVERYONE is getting a giftbag with a copy of the game in it! :D :D :D

xeno, you are a lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!

Synless

Gold Member
The worst part for me is that this comes out during the week I have two 6-7 page papers due and three exams. I think someone hates me or something, who would do this during Uncharted 2 week?

freitax

neojubei said:
If this was in nyc, I would have taken the day off and stayed with a friend in nyc just to attend the event. West coast gets all the cool video game related events.

Yes but you have such nice beaches there, no?

We do: D but it's raining dude, you're not making me feel any better:( Ok, one more week.... What do you guys mean it was free???How can you just give away for free a game like uncharted 2 a week before release?! I would have paid good money to get it now, more than 100 bucks! I'm so jealous ;_;

neojubei

Synless said:
The worst part for me is that this comes out during the week I have two 6-7 page papers due and three exams. I think someone hates me or something, who would do this during Uncharted 2 week?

Worst part for me, the game ships AFTER my 3 day weekend. GRRRRR!!!

neojubei

beast786 said:
BruceLeeRoy , if you make an avatar of Nathan Drake Sackboy for Me. I will baby sit your kids so you can play Video games.

vpkms5.gif
168ddeo.gif

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm not defending the GD review and I'm not going to get into the middle of this, but FYI the PS3 is the personal lead platform of choice for most of the editors over there (ie what they're most likely to play at home, off the clock). So don't bother implying that it's some sort of "system warz" type of thing.

xenorevlis said:
I'm at the San Francisco right now. Jeff Rubenstein, Chris Morrel, Amy Henning, and more are here. We just got done with introductions, trailers, and as Amy was talking about the game they started the theater demo with this:

EVERYONE is getting a giftbag with a copy of the game in it! :D :D :D

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GDJustin said:
I'm not defending the GD review and I'm not going to get into the middle of this, but FYI the PS3 is the personal lead platform of choice for most of the editors over there (ie what they're most likely to play at home, off the clock). So don't bother implying that it's some sort of "system warz" type of thing.

GDJustin
It's really just a third grade quality review type thing. You all should stop giving them hits though.

netguy503

Seiken said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgUCzIKMa4

DSP confirms he's going to do a playthrough on Uncharted 2. This is great fucking news :D

Hey it's DSP's nut rider! :lol He also mentions in that video he might do SAW. I would LOVE to see him do Saw after seeing the whole game played yesterday. He is...not very smart. He is also not good at puzzle games. I'm DYING to see his walkthrough of it.

Also didn't tickets for those events in San Francisco or what not cost money guys? If so, how much? If it was more than the game (or even same price as the game) than they are basically buying it through the ticket price alone so hopefully they would give out the game for free at the event. Oh well, I don't really care as I got the game for free through a friend for my birthday ( LOVE being a gamer and having my birthday in the beginning of fall)+ Gamestop AND Amazon pre order bonuses these guys will not get so I'm cool.

neojubei

beast786 said:
Can you PM me your address sir. I will come equipped with baby bottles and milk. I expect you to provide diapers.

Thanks you sir.

Thanks but don't have kids. edit: you may want to use the smaller avatar, it is within GAF required limits.

As for the Gamedaily review, poorly written review is poor, time to move on.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
alr1ghtstart said:
GDJustin
It's really just a third grade quality review type thing. You all should stop giving them hits though.

Yeah I used to work for GD Biz several years ago which is where my username comes from. Also why I still keep in touch with most of the editors over there.

netguy503

I just thought of something...since ALOT of people are getting their Uncharted 2 copies tonight (without the restrictions of it being simply for review purposes only), we might see a JTV stream, well......:D

*stays up all night watching JTV*

Gaf you'd be pleased to know I've converted a friend to the church of naughty dog. i had to beg him to play U1 for months. Now he's getting U2 day one...

All praise be to Naughty God!

bdizzle said:
Gaf you'd be pleased to know I've converted a friend to the church of naughty dog. i had to beg him to play U1 for months. Now he's getting U2 day one...

All praise be to Naughty God!

Same, actually! My friend just got a PS3 and I got him to try the Uncharted 2 demo. Today I got a text from him asking when the game comes out :lol

I'm loaning him my copy of U1 to tide him over :)

beast786

neojubei said:
Thanks but don't have kids. edit: you may want to use the smaller avatar, it is within GAF required limits.

As for the Gamedaily review, poorly written review is poor, time to move on.

Check your PM :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
netguy503 said:
Hey it's DSP's nut rider! :lol He also mentions in that video he might do SAW. I would LOVE to see him do Saw after seeing the whole game played yesterday. He is...not very smart. He is also not good at puzzle games. I'm DYING to see his walkthrough of it
You're trying to get me banned, I'm not falling for your old, filthy tricks.

netguy503

autobzooty said:
I'm loaning him my copy of U1 to tide him over :)

If he is just starting the game tomorrow he might not be done by next week (tell him he NEEDS to start on hard and find all treasures).:D

netguy503 said:
If he is just starting the game tomorrow he might not be done by next week (tell him he NEEDS to start on hard and find all treasures).:D

Think he's more concerned with the backstory than finding treasures :lol

We all know that it'll be impossible to go back and play U1 after U2 comes out :p

netguy503

autobzooty said:
Think he's more concerned with the backstory than finding treasures :lol

We all know that it'll be impossible to go back and play U1 after U2 comes out :p

so you don't want him to find treasures in U2? He has to get in the grove now to appreciate it in this next game.

Nathan Drake needs 100% of your love, he will not settle and he does not deserve anything else.

netguy503 said:
so you don't want him to find treasures in U2? He has to get in the grove now to appreciate it in this next game.

Nathan Drake needs 100% of your love, he will not settle and he does not deserve anything else.

i just want him to finish it before the U2 comes out. If that means easy mode, so be it.

beast786 said:
BruceLeeRoy , if you make an avatar of Nathan Drake Sackboy for Me. I will baby sit your kids so you can play Video games.

:lol I don't have kids but I would have gladly done it looks like I was beaten though.

Ploid 3.0

netguy503 said:
I just thought of something...since ALOT of people are getting their Uncharted 2 copies tonight (without the restrictions of it being simply for review purposes only), we might see a JTV stream, well......:D

*stays up all night watching JTV*

And spoil yourself?

netguy503 said:
When is this event over? I want Uncharted 2 on JTV!!!

I just don't get this. The first experience I want with this game is on my HDTV! A crappy stream will not do this game justice!

Also, I am looking for a new Uncharted 2 avi. Any suggestions?

netguy503

Ploid 3.0 said:
And spoil yourself?

Yes, I've waited long enough. As I've said in the thread, it's my choice. As long as it is a passable feed on JTV taken with and HD capture card I'm all on it like a fat kid on cake.

Not sure if posted:

Multiplayer Modes

Death Match (Shoot your enemies in the face)
Elimination (Eliminate Other team)
Plunder (Fight for treasure)
Turf War (Hold as many zones as you can)
King of the Hill (Hold the Hill)
Chain Reaction (Captures the zones in order)
Survival (Survive the waves of soldiers)
Gold Rush (Steal the treasure fom the soldiers)
Co-op (Survive with your friends)
Machinima (Machinima mode)

http://www.justpushstart.com/2009/10/05/uncharted-2-among-thieves-complete-multiplayer-modes-list/

alr1ght

netguy503 said:
Yes, I've waited long enough. As I've said in the thread, it's my choice. As long as it is a passable feed on JTV taken with and HD capture card I'm all on it like a fat kid on cake.
since when has justintv had hd streams?

netguy503

cjtiger300 said:
I just don't get this. The first experience I want with this game is on my HDTV! A crappy stream will not do this game justice!

Again, streams aren't ALL crappy. Especially the JTV ones as long as you go to the right ones. If you were expecting a full HDTV experience from a stream you were out of your mind.

IronFistedChampion said:
Not sure if posted:

Multiplayer Modes

Death Match (Shoot your enemies in the face)
Elimination (Eliminate Other team)
Plunder (Fight for treasure)
Turf War (Hold as many zones as you can)
King of the Hill (Hold the Hill)
Chain Reaction (Captures the zones in order)
Survival (Survive the waves of soldiers)
Gold Rush (Steal the treasure fom the soldiers)
Co-op (Survive with your friends)
Machinima (Machinima mode)

http://www.justpushstart.com/2009/10/05/uncharted-2-among-thieves-complete-multiplayer-modes-list/

Which one of those was Coop Arena from the demo?

netguy503

alr1ghtstart said:
since when has justintv had hd streams?

Since the invention of HD capture cards? Again, you are not getting full on HD (due to compression and what not) but they are taping in HD and it is WAY better than a normal feed.

MercuryLS

Banned
cjtiger300 said:

Agreed, I don't get why you'd spoil the impact of the game with some shitty feed.

Spike

One of the comments from the GD review:

Also, expect big news this Thursday regarding some editorial changes we're making based on this and other things GD has been guilty of over the past few years. Changes are coming.

:lol

alr1ght

netguy503 said:
Since the invention of HD capture cards? Again, you are not getting fuul on HD (due to compression and what not) but they are taping in HD and it is WAY better than a normal feed.

I can capture in 720x480 in widescreen, that's not HD though. Semantics, either way enjoy your streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom