• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
netguy503 said:
Again, streams aren't ALL crappy. Especially the JTV ones as long as you go to the right ones. If you were expecting a full HDTV experience from a stream you were out of your mind.

Pretty much my point. Once again, I will be watching it for the very first time on my HDTV!

IronFistedChampion said:
Not sure if posted:

Multiplayer Modes

Death Match (Shoot your enemies in the face)
Elimination (Eliminate Other team)
Plunder (Fight for treasure)
Turf War (Hold as many zones as you can)
King of the Hill (Hold the Hill)
Chain Reaction (Captures the zones in order)
Survival (Survive the waves of soldiers)
Gold Rush (Steal the treasure fom the soldiers)
Co-op (Survive with your friends)
Machinima (Machinima mode)

http://www.justpushstart.com/2009/10/05/uncharted-2-among-thieves-complete-multiplayer-modes-list/

Looks like I was right in my original guess.

First round of the tournament is over. Myself and a friend are in team fortune hunter next round, plus another friend is in team Sully. They raffled off controllers, bluetooth, and PSPgo at the end of tonight.

Right now Sam Thompson is showing us part of the train level! Check back soon. Btw Amy Henning is even nicer than I remember when I was a QA testerat SCEA!

Here you go beast, it's 120 pixels tall:

2t8ci.gif

As far as the 9/10 GD review the score is fine, but as others have said the review itself is poorly written. It reads more like an editorial about why people should be beware of hype and lower their expectations when it comes to 10/10 scores.

The most troubling aspect isn't the quoting of other reviews, it's the lead and first graph where the reviewer says their copy got lost in the mail.

I'd imagine with such a huge release and the fact that GD probably is desperate for hits this may have been perceived slight against GD from Sony.

I'm all for judging games more critically - just look at GTA4 reviews - but when of your chief complaints is the fact that foot prints aren't left in the snow you don't really have a leg to stand on.

I'm honestly skeptical that the game will live up to the hype myself. Part of the reason I loved the first was because I went in with zero expectations. Now, though, its sequel better be god damn unbelievable for me to buy all the perfect scores. If I do find it lacking, however, it sure as hell won't be for something as nit-picky as no footprints in snow.

GD Biz was actually a good read until they got bought out btw.

netguy503

xenorevlis said:
First round of the tournament is over. Myself and a friend are in team fortune hunter next round, plus another friend is in team Sully. They raffled off controllers, bluetooth, and PSPgo at the end of tonight.

Right now Sam Thompson is showing us part of the train level! Check back soon. Btw Amy Henning is even nicer than I remember when I was a QA testerat SCEA!

Team Fortune Hunter? So your one of the one's in the running to get a fortune hunter copy?:D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GillianSeed79 said:
GD Biz was actually a good read until they got bought out btw.

GD Biz has had the same two writers since ~2005 so if you have perceived a dip in quality as a result of a buyout it was only in your head :)

Yoboman

I find it hilarious that Gamedaily pretty much undermined the integrity of all their past reviews in a review so terrible as to justify it's score based on what other websites are doing. This is their way of turning a new leaf?:lol

You can tell the guy in the comments is even having trouble justifying that review. Shit reviewer sure, but where's the editors' quality control?

noah111

Still Alive
Captain N said:
uncharted2spine.jpg

Tigerriot posted this over on playeronepodcast.com forums.
Nice, the new PS3 boxart looks damn hot, knew they wouldn't stick with the old red square on the spine. :D

As for the co-op modes, nice to hear that they have a separate mode without the plunder/treasure, wonder how many rounds that would go up to?

Sentry said:
Nice, the new PS3 boxart looks damn hot, knew they wouldn't stick with the old red square on the spine. :D

As for the co-op modes, nice to hear that they have a separate mode without the plunder/treasure, wonder how many rounds that would go up to?

If you're talking about Survival, probably quite a long time. :lol

I just saw on twitter that everyone who went to the cinema events today is getting the game tonight itself. Why couldnt Naughty Dog come to NYC? Fuck.

Preorder canceled, boycott Naughty Dog etc etc.

nib95

Banned
ND, come to London pleaseee!! You guys can come back to my flat in Canary Wharf after, for a BBQ, drinks and shisha? What say you? :D

*terms involve giving me a free copy of Uncharted 2*

Can anyone answer whether or not the review copies that were sent out to UK journo's about a week ago are debug only? And whether or not they'll work with retail servers once the game is out?

iamcool388 said:
I just saw on twitter that everyone who went to the cinema events today is getting the game tonight itself. Why couldnt Naughty Dog come to NYC? Fuck.

:lol I'm going to the Rosemont, IL event tomorrow. Hope they give out the stuff :D

netguy503 said:
Team Fortune Hunter? So your one of the one's in the running to get a fortune hunter copy?:D
actually everyone was seperated into predetermined teams upon entry. I just happen to get into "Team fortune hunter. someone was missing from our team, so my friend filled in and luckily the other players were receptive to our advice... because we absolutely murdered in our last match (elimination). Hell I got 3 of the kills both elim rounds! :D

One of the staff, according to my friend Bill:
"Who is that guy??"
After I melee'd / stealth / grenade killed 3 people in a matter of seconds.

Alex

h4k said:
What perks do you guys use online?

Down the Irons and Fleet Foot.

Might use Explosive Expert if it started you with an extra grenade in addition to letting you carry a third. Kinda silly alone.

noah111

Still Alive
h4k said:
What perks do you guys use online?
IIRC I used better accuracy for long guns with more shots per clip (not sure the official names), but I switched it up depending on the mode.. for example I would change to run faster wile carrying the treasure, better accuracy with pistols in pistol only games, or don't get knocked down from impacts if i'm playing a RPG only game.

So it really depends on the mode and your playstyle, just remember you don't get them all straight away, you have to be a certain rank as well as have enough money, so it's a nice little feature trying to decide to buy a badass 150k skin or a useful perk, etc..

KilgoreTrout said:
If you're talking about Survival, probably quite a long time. :lol
Good. :D It's just better for them to have a 100 rounds where it gets progressively difficult rather than have 10 rounds with each one taking an hour to pass with a ton of effort.

snack

I keep hearing Sure Foot is an awesome perk if you're playing with people who love nading everything they see. :lol

snack

ezekial45 said:
I love you Sony and ND!!!!!

*Hugs free copy of U2 gotten from SF event*

People already have copies of U2? Isn't it out on the 13th?! I wanna join in on the early release if there is one.

Amir0x said:
In reading the comments, some guy representing gamedaily said "We get it, Uncharted 2 fanboys! It's a good game! Just not as good as Halo 3 ODST!"

Then he had his comment removed and replaced by a more user friendly comment from gdresponds.

Surely you cannot be serious. Jesus Christ! :lol :lol :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Did anyone else know that PSP also has changed spines? The Motorstorm: Arctic Edge PSP case is similar to the new PS3 cases.

netguy503 said:
To people thinking this will be better than HALO ODST:lol. I can't believe an official gaming site said that.
Uh, they're two different genres. How can you even compare them? smh :lol :lol :lol

noah111

Still Alive
BocoDragon said:
Did anyone else know that PSP also has changed spines? The Motorstorm: Arctic Edge PSP case is similar to the new PS3 cases.
Yup, it's actually nearly exactly as I hoped it would be (posted this concept weeks before we saw the new PSP boxarts);

3886042679_dc22619fa6_o.png

LaneDS

Alex said:
Down the Irons and Fleet Foot.

Might use Explosive Expert if it started you with an extra grenade in addition to letting you carry a third. Kinda silly alone.

It's a good one to use for Pistols/Grenades matches.

In fact, switching boosters for the specialized gametypes is going to be key. Me and two buddies went undefeated tonight, save for one match against a party of five, all with headsets. Some of them had the treasure bearer booster going and were doing a nice job capping on us. That was a tough loss.

ND not coming to NYC is fucking bullshit. WTF? Its NEW YORK FUCKING CITY. Arne, fix this shit!! :D

/irrational, completely misplaced rage.

I'm going to sleep... my blood pressure is not ideal. :lol

LaneDS

h4k said:
I keep hearing Sure Foot is an awesome perk if you're playing with people who love nading everything they see. :lol

I'd have trouble giving up Fleet Foot for it, but it's good in RPG only matches at least.

ezekial45

Banned
Btw, got to meet Garnet Lee at the event. This guy was awesome! He said he was really touched by all the kind things gaf posters said when the news of him going to Gamefly Media came out.

We should get him an account.

iamcool388 said:

New York & LA usually get everything early. The rest of us always get shafted. Come to TEXAS damn you!

NeoUltima

ezekial45 said:
Btw, got to meet Garnet Lee at the event. This guy was awesome! He said he was really touched by all the kind things gaf posters said when the news of him going to Gamefly Media came out.

We should get him an account.
He has an account(don't recall the name though)

netguy503

BTW, the official trophy list is slightly different then what was posted. I just compared trophies with Jim who was playing earlier tonight. Hopefully I will find an official list so I can just copy and paste it here. There are two online trophies as well as a "Master Ninja" trophy for stealth kills as seen in a video earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom