• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Didn't see these posted, old? Couldn't find raw images, just the ones from the site..

29cp1rp.jpg

2hdtl3a.jpg
2dgkweq.jpg

15cdg75.jpg
15e95r5.jpg

qznebm.jpg
io3dcp.jpg

2ew1gya.jpg
2dmgxno.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Amir0x has a copy too!
WTF I am out of this thread. Have fun bastards!

I don't have a copy! I am just saying holy shit at Wario64's comment!

I have a copy of Demon's Soul which will hopefully tide me over all week waiting for this shit.

The demo has me too hyped.

jax (old)

Banned
Sentry said:
Didn't see these posted, old? Couldn't find raw images, just the ones from the site..

*quote pics*

will buy figurines for a lot of them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Make them!

noah111

Still Alive
dralla said:
so can you reset the camera behind you in the retail game? so annoying in the demo to have to spin it
Probably in the SP (it was like t hat in U1, no?), but I doubt they'll add it to the MP unfortunately.. doesn't really bother me though tbh.

Amir0x said:
I don't have a copy! I am just saying holy shit at Wario64's comment!

I have a copy of Demon's Soul which will hopefully tide me over all week waiting for this shit.

The demo has me too hyped.

Im picking up Demon Souls too but I don't think I can start that till I got a good month of free time to devote to it.

I want to stick my penis in Chloe's vagina. She's so hot. Preferably when Elena's watching. Nathan can join in for extra kinkiness.

I hope my GF won't mind. Ah well, a game character doesn't count as cheating, does it?

KZObsessed

So I was just playing around with the cinemas for the first time and was impressed but it seems to be lacking some basic functionality:

No rewind.
Can't skip to a specific time.
Can't save clips, it's the whole vid or nothing.

I hope these features are in the retail version or will be patched in? Rewind is needed the most. Having to go back to the beginning and fast forward every time you want to watch a specific part is annoying to say the least.

Or am I missing something obvious and quite embarrassing for myself? :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whoa, those mug-shots give me the creeps when they're all lined up like that

BruceLeeRoy said:
Im picking up Demon Souls too but I don't think I can start that till I got a good month of free time to devote to it.

Here, here. I am getting DS day 1 to show my support (so that Atlus will get behind other great games). But I am not willing to only put a week into it before moving on to something else. Perhaps in December or so....

I am level III now in the beta and really looking forward to redoing everything again starting next week. Between the two betas I have probably logged about 70 or 80 hrs and I still want to play more.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Also, for the curious, here's my time elapsed and completion status according to my save file (spoiler for people who are sensitive about this info)

67% complete, played for 5 hours and 31 minutes, collected 20 treasures

I will probably beat it tonight. Then it's 3 player co-op with my buddies that were nice enough to come with me last night :lol

Boosters coming up soon

Edit: hard difficulty, btw.

dralla

FFObsessed said:
So I was just playing around with the cinemas for the first time and was impressed but it seems to be lacking some basic functionality:

No rewind.

I hope these features are in the retail version or will be patched in? Rewind is needed the most. Having to go back to the beginning and fast forward every time you want to watch a specific part is annoying to say the least.

you can't rewind game code, imagine having to calculate all the physics in reverse.

all it needs is a saved clip feature and party viewing.

protonion

I'm near the end now.Can't win a certain encounter.
When you fight 3 beast-men with the two girls.
I die in seconds.Any help?
I'll try again tommorow, i'm exhausted...Played a lot today.

If I have one complaint, is that I found the first half to be a lot better than the second.It was better paced and had more memorable set pieces [OMG]train[/OMG].

Although people who prefer platforming and exploration will probably disagree with me!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
protonion said:
I'm near the end now.Can't win a certain encounter.
When you fight 3 beast-men with the two girls.
I die in seconds.Any help?
I'll try again tommorow, i'm exhausted...Played a lot today.

If I have one complaint, is that I found the first half to be a lot better than the second.It was better paced and had more memorable set pieces [OMG]train[/OMG].

Although people who prefer platforming and exploration will probably disagree with me!

I do disagree. People who wanted more platforming are gonna be happy with this game. And there's still enough action to go with it.

Silicon Knight said:
I want to stick my penis in Chloe's vagina. She's so hot. Preferably when Elena's watching. Nathan can join in for extra kinkiness.

I hope my GF won't mind. Ah well, a game character doesn't count as cheating, does it?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Boosters Slot 1 (15)

Point and Shoot - Increase pistol blindfire accuracy ($2,000/2)
From the Hip - Increase long gun blindfire accuracy ($5,000/6)
Break Up - Increased damage to breakable objects (11,250/10)
Down the Irons - Better accuracy when aiming long guns (18,750/14)
Hell Blazer - Move faster with the GAU - 19 (27,750/18)
Turtle - Move faster with the riot shield (40,500/22)
Sure Shot - Better accuracy when aiming pistols (64,500/30)
Walk softly - Silent movement (79,500/34)
Juggler - Faster pistol reloading (94,500/38)
Rapid Hands - Faster long-gun reloading (111,000/42)
Situational Awareness - When standing still, press the up button to see enemies through walls (129,000/46)
Evasion - Immunity to siutational awareness (210,000/50)
Veiled - Badge of honor: No blindfire reticle (300,000/51)
Invalid - Badge of honor: Half health (350,000/52)
Glass Jaw - Badge of honor: Take double damage from hand-to-hand attacks (1,500,000/57)

Boosters Slot 2 (15)
Bandoleer - Carry more ammo (2,000/4)
Scavenger - Get more ammo from each pickup (8,250/8)
Keep Firing - More bullets in each clip (14,250/12)
Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming (23,250/16)
Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade (32,250/20)
Treasure Bearer - Move faster with the treasure (43,500/24)
Sure Foot - No knockdown from explosions (52,500/26)
Launch Man - Increased M32-Hammer ammo capacity (58,500/28)
Monkey Man - Climb faster (72,000/32)
Scoped in - Reduced pain wobble while scoped in (87,000/36)
Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals (98,250/40)
Rocket Man - Increased RPG - 7 ammo capacity (120,000/44)
Revenge - Drop a live grenade upon death (134,250/48)
Half Loaded - Badge of honor: Less bullets in each clip (400,000/54)
Come Get Some - Badge of honor: Nearby enemies see your name through walls (2,000,000/58)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dralla said:
Situational Awareness - When standing still, press the up button to see enemies through walls

wut

I dont like this either. Basically wallhacking if you stand still. Ugh.

noah111

Still Alive
FFObsessed said:

No rewind.

Nope you're right.. I put it in the old suggestion/request list back in the beta; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17656625&postcount=2001

Wario64 said:
Boosters Slot 1 (15)

Point and Shoot - Increase pistol blindfire accuracy
From the Hip - Increase long gun blindfire accuracy
Break Up - Increased damage to breakable objects
Down the Irons - Better accuracy when aiming long guns
Hell Blazer - Move faster with the GAU - 19
Turtle - Move faster with the riot shield
Sure Shot - Better accuracy when aiming pistols
Walk softly - Silent movement
Juggler - Faster pistol reloading
Rapid Hands - Faster long-gun reloading
Situational Awareness - When standing still, press the up button to see enemies through walls
Evasion - Immunity to siutational awareness
Veiled - Badge of honor: No blindfire reticle
Invalid - Badge of honor: Half health
Glass Jaw - Badge of honor: Take double damage from hand-to-hand attacks

Boosters Slot 2 (15)
Bandoleer - Carry more ammo
Scavenger - Get more ammo from each pickup
Keep Firing - More bullets in each clip
Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming
Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade
Treasure Bearer - Move faster with the treasure
Sure Foot - No knockdown from explosions
Launch Man - Increased M32-Hammer ammo capacity
Monkey Man - Climb faster
Scoped in - Reduced pain wobble while scoped in
Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals
Rocket Man - Increased RPG - 7 ammo capacity
Revenge - Drop a live grenade upon death
Half Loaded - Badge of honor: Less bullets in each clip
Come Get Some - Badge of honor: Nearby enemies see your name through walls
Nice, thanks for posting. It would probably be too much work but could someone post the prices of each perk and what rank you have to be to get them?

That balances things out if a powerful perk costs a million or something...

Amir0x

Banned
dralla said:
since when is underwear nsfw, there's definitely worse on here ;[

For avatars, we try to be a little bit more strict since the image is not thread specific and users have no way to avoid seeing them if you happen to pop into a topic.

Loudninja

Wario64 said:
Not a big deal,seeing is one thing killing is another, also they way people quit they will never reach those anyways.

Achtius

Sentry said:
Nope you're right.. I put it in the old suggestion/request list back in the beta; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17656625&postcount=2001

Nice, thanks for posting. It would probably be too much work but could someone post the prices of each perk and what rank you have to be to get them?

That balances things out if a powerful perk costs a million or something...

Not sure if 100%, but iirc, the most expensive one is between 100-150k.

Rikyfree

Silicon Knight said:

You shut your goddamn mouth right now! Chloe wouldn't be seen with the likes of you! I called dibs already!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sentry said:

Looks like I can see the money/level if I see each booster in detail. I will edit this in soon.

Silicon Knight said:

2310943706_be1d0e3172.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Booster list updated with cash/level required

Boosters Slot 1 (15)

Point and Shoot - Increase pistol blindfire accuracy ($2,000/2)
From the Hip - Increase long gun blindfire accuracy ($5,000/6)
Break Up - Increased damage to breakable objects (11,250/10)
Down the Irons - Better accuracy when aiming long guns (18,750/14)
Hell Blazer - Move faster with the GAU - 19 (27,750/18)
Turtle - Move faster with the riot shield (40,500/22)
Sure Shot - Better accuracy when aiming pistols (64,500/30)
Walk softly - Silent movement (79,500/34)
Juggler - Faster pistol reloading (94,500/38)
Rapid Hands - Faster long-gun reloading (111,000/42)
Situational Awareness - When standing still, press the up button to see enemies through walls (129,000/46)
Evasion - Immunity to siutational awareness (210,000/50)
Veiled - Badge of honor: No blindfire reticle (300,000/51)
Invalid - Badge of honor: Half health (350,000/52)
Glass Jaw - Badge of honor: Take double damage from hand-to-hand attacks (1,500,000/57)

Boosters Slot 2 (15)
Bandoleer - Carry more ammo (2,000/4)
Scavenger - Get more ammo from each pickup (8,250/8)
Keep Firing - More bullets in each clip (14,250/12)
Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming (23,250/16)
Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade (32,250/20)
Treasure Bearer - Move faster with the treasure (43,500/24)
Sure Foot - No knockdown from explosions (52,500/26)
Launch Man - Increased M32-Hammer ammo capacity (58,500/28)
Monkey Man - Climb faster (72,000/32)
Scoped in - Reduced pain wobble while scoped in (87,000/36)
Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals (98,250/40)
Rocket Man - Increased RPG - 7 ammo capacity (120,000/44)
Revenge - Drop a live grenade upon death (134,250/48)
Half Loaded - Badge of honor: Less bullets in each clip (400,000/54)
Come Get Some - Badge of honor: Nearby enemies see your name through walls (2,000,000/58)

Stantron

Wario64 said:
Thanks for posting. Hopefully ND can tweak the boosters, or even add/delete some, similar to how they can tweak weapon placement/attributes in MP autonomously if balance becomes an issue.

DigiMish

So there's like negative perks? Weird. Is there any benefit in using them like getting more money or is it just "Look at me, I can kick your ass with half health" thing?

And Situational Awareness sounds overpowered. I would have to see it working in game to make a final judgment though.

Achtius

DigiMish said:
So there's like negative perks? Weird. Is there any benefit in using them like getting more money or is it just "Look at me, I can kick your ass with half health" thing?

Probably for trophy. Get 10,000 kills using those negative perks D:

DigiMish said:

And Situational Awareness sounds overpowered. I would have to see it working in game to make a final judgment though.

I dont understand the negative perks either. Maybe they require you to use it to move up... I dont know.

Situational awareness isnt as awesome as it seems. I rarely stand still and if I do i dont want to stand there and wait to see if someone is coming around a corner, let alone push up on the d-pad to find out if someone is there. Its called a grenade and I will use it :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Achtius said:
Probably for trophy. Get 10,000 kills using those negative perks D:

Only multiplayer trophies are playing a game in multiplayer and playing a co-op game. Everything else is single player trophies.

Maybe you get more money if you play with the negative boosters...they do cost a lot

DigiMish said:
Wario64, any chance of the real trophy list?

I'm sure the one that's been posted is the real trophy list. I glanced at a few and they were the same.

Now is the best time to ask q's of anything you guys want answered

KZObsessed

dralla said:
you can't rewind game code, imagine having to calculate all the physics in reverse.

all it needs is a saved clip feature and party viewing.

Is there a way to save them as a video file? What about if I uploaded one could I rewind then? It's just really annoying without rewind when I want to see something from multiple angles.

Having to go back to start and fast forward, especially if it's near the end of the match would be really infuriating. Though I appreciate now that you can't do that with just the game code. Thanx.

:(

edit: how about skipping ahead to a specific time, would that be possible? That would alleviate the need for a rewind. Just go back to the beginning and select the specific time of what you wanted to view again.

rhino4evr

so Im confused, are the boosters only good for multi-player?

wasnt there a bunch of unlockable for single player in uncharted 1?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rhino4evr said:

Boosters are for multiplayer only. There are still loads of unlockables in single player. Like multiplayer, single player unlocks required money to unlock and certain other requirements for the ability to buy them.

Single player unlocks are categorized as: Single-player skins, weapons, render movies, bonus modes, art galleries, and tweaks.

TheExecutive said:
Whats the point of money if you are using the last boosters? Just to get more money?

Beats me, you'll need a lot of game time to unlock them and I can't find anyone to play a game with online.

rhino4evr said:

The boosters are for MP, however I guess SP you earn money too and can unlock things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom