• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartman86

Banned
I live 5 minutes away the theater in Bellevue that had the Uncharted event. I could have totally got a free copy, but I kept fearing how much of a nerd I would be for going to the event. That's what I get for caring what others think of me :(

kaskade

Cartman86 said:
I live 5 minutes away the theater in Bellevue that had the Uncharted event. I could have totally got a free copy, but I kept fearing how much of a nerd I would be for going to the event. That's what I get for caring what others think of me :(
Wouldn't every other person there be there for the event anyway?

Sentry said:
Awesome post Mailenstein, the PAL box itself has been posted before iirc but you're the first to post the XMB screen. :D

BTW the martyrdom perk requires that you already have a grenade on you, and considering you can only hold two that's usually rare anyway..
Hehe, thanks mate! I was really surprised when I saw the old design with the spiderman font at first. Took me a while till I noticed that tho :lol.

LaneDS

h4k said:
Can people who have the retail game already go online, or are the servers not ready yet?

Seems like yes, as JSnake went online a few days ago and saw like 14 players on. Which kind of sucks for those wanting an even playing field on day one, but whatever, not a huge deal at all.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Maybe I just suck, but do enemies still take far too many hits to die in this one? Just got Uncharted the other day and it's a complete pain hitting someone with about 10 bullets before they die.

Ikuu said:
Maybe I just suck, but are the enemies still bullet sponges in this one? Just got Uncharted the other day and it's a complete pain in the ass the amount of bullets it takes to drop some people.

Then you're doing it wrong. It only takes one shot to the head to down someone. Pistol is your friend.

noah111

Still Alive
Ikuu said:
Maybe I just suck, but do enemies still take far too many hits to die in this one? Just got Uncharted the other day and it's a complete pain hitting someone with about 10 bullets before they die.
:D I'm pretty sure they're fine in U2, perhaps a little bit less resilient, but if it still feels hard just play on the easiest difficulty..

bounchfx

Cartman86 said:

this is the worst thing I've ever heard. why are you even on this website lol.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I know head shots are one shot kills, but it's a little ridiculous hitting someone without body armour several times in the chest before they drop. Then again I'm not used to playing shooters on a pad so it's probably that.

dfyb

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Then you're doing it wrong. It only takes one shot to the head to down someone. Pistol is your friend.
not when they have helmets. i'm trying to finish UC1 on crushing and it's a pain -- right now i'm starting at the back of the church with only a couple pistol magazines....

Mik2121

Holy shit. I just played the demo for the very first time now, and while it took me a couple rounds to get used again to the Uncharted controls, once I got it it was really fun!. I can see myself playing this a lot.. at least until MW2 releases.

Also, the replay mode is.. .... ... AMAZING. I wish more games could include it. I love how you can move the camera around, change the DOF and other settings, sun illumination etc...

The only thing I didn't like were the available characters. I mean, for the Villains it's ok because they look like your average soldier, but for the Heroes.. it's not cool when you see 5 guys with the same character.. :lol Then again, I guess in the retail game you have more options? I have not read anything, so I don't know..

Wario64 said:
No German in US version.
I just noticed something.

I switched my system language to english and booted up Uncharted 2 - the whole menu and ingame language was still german. Tried that with some other languages aswell and experienced the same.

So my guess is that as long as you don't delete the profile or game data utility item, it will stay like that. That might be the reason why it didn't turn into german when you tried it before.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Cartman86 said:

My gf made fun of me for spending 5 hours at a movie theater playing a video game, then I showed her the $60+ game I got for free, allowing me to have more money to buy her stuff.

And for wheover asked, the only way to get the game was to officially be in the tournament event, indicated by having a blue wristband. No wristband, no game.

DigiMish

Cartman86 said:

Wow dude, that's really sad and laughable. Thinking like this is what's wrong with people today. It's an event for the fans - everybody attending is there for Uncharted, nothing else.

P.S. Totally going today - woot, woot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DigiMish said:
Wow dude, that's really sad and laughable. Thinking like this is what's wrong with people today. It's an event for the fans - everybody attending is there for Uncharted, nothing else.

P.S. Totally going today - woot, woot.

Just FYI, they're not gonna give the game out to everyone for the event today. You'll have to earn it through the tournament

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
Just FYI, they're not gonna give the game out to everyone for the event today. You'll have to earn it through the tournament

So that's how you're playing the retail game. You lucky bastard you.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Wario64 said:

I heard that tonight you get it through raffles, where as last night everyone in the tournament got one. I have a friend going tonight so I asked one of the workers there, but could be wrong.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
slipknot2009 said:
I heard that tonight you get it through raffles, where as last night everyone in the tournament got one. I have a friend going tonight so I asked one of the workers there, but could be wrong.

Well you can get the Fortune Edition through the tournament but I wouldn't be surprised about raffles too

slipknot2009

Neo Member
LaneDS said:
Damn this backwoods town. DC never gets anything cool. Harumph.

Eh it's an issue of if you have a theater with a Sony 4K projector, they told me... the theaters they're doing it in are some of the few who use the 4K, as Sony wanted to showcase the game on it's own technology

LaneDS

slipknot2009 said:
Eh it's an issue of if you have a theater with a Sony 4K projector, they told me... the theaters they're doing it in are some of the few who use the 4K, as Sony wanted to showcase the game on it's own technology

Hm. Seems odd that they wouldn't have one of those projectors, or lots of them in a place like NYC. I was mostly joking about the DC thing, but it is still pretty probable we don't have a theater like that here.

Can't imagine how tremendous it looks on those things though.

slipknot2009 said:
Sony should just say they didn't want to come out east and stop bs'ing us. I know for a fact of 4K projectors which exist in NYC and Philly.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
h4k said:
Can people who have the retail game already go online, or are the servers not ready yet?
Servers are online, but there's nobody to play it with.... : (

29m6ty8.jpg

Cartman86 said:

qreo7q.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
Cartman86 said:

Really, who cares? You're in a room full of nerds it doesn't fucking matter. You fail big time.

jaydogg691

So I got to the Uncharted 2 event in Thousand Oak 10 minutes late and I'm still in line. It's almost 30 mins since the event was suppose to start and I'm still in line. :(

jaydogg691 said:
So I got to the Uncharted 2 event in Thousand Oak 10 minutes late and I'm still in line. It's almost 30 mins since the event was suppose to start and I'm still in line. :(

ur a NEERRRRRDDDDD

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jaydogg691 said:

Mind as well leave now before girls make fun of you.

dralla

Killthee said:
Servers are online, but there's nobody to play it with.... : (

29m6ty8.jpg

are all the game types in one playlist? they mentioned they would give us more playlists to chose from, how is it in the retail game? Is there an Elimination playlist?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cartman86 said:

Fail.

You could be playing Uncharted 2 right now, but instead, you are being a failure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dralla said:
are all the game types in one playlist? they mentioned they would give us more playlists to chose from, how is it in the retail game? Is there an Elimination playlist?

In the ranked playlist, every game type can be played. You can still select playlists specifically.

Game says 36 people on server but I can never find any game to join.

dralla

Wario64 said:
In the ranked playlist, every game type can be played. You can still select playlists specifically.

Game says 36 people on server but I can never find any game to join.

But when I select a specific playlist it isn't ranked? and I won't earn money/exp? If so, that is horrible. The unranked playlist should have all game modes, not the other way around.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dralla said:
But when I select a specific playlist it isn't ranked? and I won't earn money/exp? If so, that is horrible. The unranked playlist should have all game modes, not the other way around.

I dont think so, ranked playlist matches your skill level to other people with similar levels. You should still get money/exp on any playlist.

I still havent played an online game so I might be wrong, but the descript says ranked playlist matches you skill level.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
I dont think so, ranked playlist matches your skill level to other people with similar levels. You should still get money/exp on any playlist.

I still havent played an online game so I might be wrong, but the descript says ranked playlist matches you skill level.

Help me get this straight. You can select Ranked Elimination right?

Beowulf28

Wario64 said:

I believe all matchmaking games are ranked and the only unranked games are custom.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WinFonda said:
Another review added to metacritic, this one from MEGamers. 9.8 / 10

Thought Naughty Dog has done a commendable job here there are a few flaws worth noticing. Firstly, as the game has no install it increases the load times. And they are long. I’ve noticed at least a minute wait time to load a game.

WTF? Some say there is no loading at all. Others say there is loading and it's looong. Can we please have a straight answer from those who have the game?

JSnake

TTP said:
WTF? Some say there is no loading at all. Others say there is loading and it's looong. Can we please have a straight answer from those who have the game?

Takes quite a bit to load the menu screen as well as a save file for me but once you get in game, there's no loading

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I gotta check later about the ranked thing, I think Naughty Dog is using the terminology different. I'm sure any playlist will let you gain EXP, but if you want to get matched up with other players based on skill level, you choose the "Ranked" playlist.

As far as load times, they're basically the same as Uncharted 1 (i.e. small load times).

That reviewer is a load of BS.

noah111

Still Alive
Yeah, I think they mean the initial load times, not the loading in-game (there is none).. still a minor complaint tbh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JSnake said:
Takes quite a bit to load the menu screen as well as a save file for me but once you get in game, there's no loading

Ah gotcha. It's like Uncharted 1 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom