• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
devon the dude said:
congrats! Sorry I didn't get your last PM in time to meet up. I was on team Francis in the tournament, we got 4th place. I lucked(?) out each time and got stuck with the station that was broadcast on the big screen. Didn't stick around to see who won the psp go, had to catch bart, but had a lot of fun. Even my girlfriend had a great time.
ha!

I was on Team Francis as well, I was the latin dude, who never played Uncharted before! I sucked. Sorry. But I played well in the first two rounds, the last two rounds, not so much.

I wonder who won the PSP Go and the Hunter's Edition...

netguy503

Wario64 said:
I dont think I got money for having Uncharted 1 completed. Do I have to do something to get my money?

Edit: nevermind, you have to make the game check for the save in the store and wallah, $100,000 added

Is it platinum or just completion of the first game that gives you $100,000? If it's platinum I might be screwed. :/

LaneDS

Wario64 said:
I dont think I got money for having Uncharted 1 completed. Do I have to do something to get my money?

Edit: nevermind, you have to make the game check for the save in the store and wallah, $100,000 added

Do you earn money while playing single player? Or is money strictly for multiplayer unlocks?

LaneDS

netguy503 said:
Is it platinum or just completion of the first game that gives you $100,000? If it's platinum I might be screwed. :/

$100,000 isn't a lot in any case. You can get that in three rounds of Co-op Arena. Anyone planning on playing the multiplayer for any significant length of time will accrue way more than 100k.

dasupremeone said:
ha!

I was on Team Francis as well, I was the latin dude, who never played Uncharted before! I sucked. Sorry. But I played well in the first two rounds, the last two rounds, not so much.

I wonder who won the PSP Go and the Hunter's Edition...

haha, nice! I didn't do too good the last two rounds either. i couldn't sit down and was standing too close to the tv.....

I assume they called my girlfriends name for the pspgo, and when she wasn't there, they called my name, and since I wasn't there they had to call someone else...that would be sad but funny

netguy503

LaneDS said:
$100,000 isn't a lot in any case. You can get that in three rounds of Co-op Arena. Anyone planning on playing the multiplayer for any significant length of time will accrue way more than 100k.

ok

can someone answer my question please?

Wario64 said:
Awesome, you can flip through the pages of Nathan's journal, Shenmue style.

m7s0eu.jpg

Victor GODDAMN Sullivan :lol

:lol :lol so awesome

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LaneDS said:
Do you earn money while playing single player? Or is money strictly for multiplayer unlocks?

Money can be earned in single player (for doing certain things and unlocking trophies), and you can unlock stuff for single player AND multiplayer. Instead of using trophies to unlock single player stuff, it uses the money system as well.

As for $100,000, I believe it was for having a completed save game.

Game is so so good. Gets kinda dark too, like emotionally.

Edit: Actually I think you still need to unlock trophies to unlock extras, they are locked out. But you have to pay money as well it seems.

LaneDS said:
It's not a platinum. It was answered earlier. $100,000 for a cleared save, less for just having a save file.

If you started a new game in a harder mode, and saved over the finished game save will it still know that you finished it before, since I have a trophy for it?

LaneDS

Wario64 said:
Money can be earned in single player (for doing certain things and unlocking trophies), and you can unlock stuff for single player AND multiplayer. Instead of using trophies to unlock single player stuff, it uses the money system as well.

As for $100,000, I believe it was for having a completed save game.

Game is so so good. Gets kinda dark too, like emotionally.

Edit: Actually I think you still need to unlock trophies to unlock extras, they are locked out. But you have to pay money as well it seems.

Everything being quoted here is awesome. Thanks for checking on that too.

netguy503

Wario64 said:

The only thing I've wondered about that is couldn't you just buy all the videos at the get go then. You folks complaining about me wanting a JTV stream before release what about the people who will buy "making of" videos for areas not explored yet in the actual game itself (if they allow you to do that). Talk about ruining the experience. I hope at least some of the videos are locked until the player actually advances to a certain point.

Edit: Ok, never mind. He explained in his edit. Good job ND!

snack

Do you guys think that there will be any multiplayer skins that will be worth 100k or more in the full retail version? I would rather rock some rare skins over perks any day!

LaneDS

h4k said:
Do you guys think that there will be any multilayer skins that will be worth 100k or more in the full retail version? I would rather rock some rare skins over perks any day!

The two that you unlock at rank 40, Winter Drake and Lazarevic, cost $250,000 a piece.

I think the rank 50 unlock is $1,000,000. But it takes a lot of cash to rank up that high, so it's not too hard to unlock. Especially if you're skipping boosters like Turtle (move faster with the riot shield), you'll have plenty of cash to unlock them.

devon the dude said:
haha, nice! I didn't do too good the last two rounds either. i couldn't sit down and was standing too close to the tv.....

I assume they called my girlfriends name for the pspgo, and when she wasn't there, they called my name, and since I wasn't there they had to call someone else...that would be sad but funny
ha! I had the same occurring nightmare. probably a games media journo won, that would of sucked!

KZObsessed

LaneDS said:
The two that you unlock at rank 40, Winter Drake and Lazarevic, cost $250,000 a piece.

I think the rank 50 unlock is $1,000,000. But it takes a lot of cash to rank up that high, so it's not too hard to unlock. Especially if you're skipping boosters like Turtle (move faster with the riot shield), you'll have plenty of cash to unlock them.

That one is mine.

NO ONE ELSE BUY IT.

d0c_zaius

Anyone go to the Seattle show, or going tonight? Come by and say wassup,I'll be the guy doing the gameplay demos on the movie screen (which is amazing quality).The crowd was awesome and the event team did a great job!

snack

I heard that in the full game, there will be various multiplayer skins you can unlock for beating the game on crushing, getting platinum etc. I wonder that kind of skins they are.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shit, the game just frozed on me on the train level.

netguy503 said:
The only thing I've wondered about that is couldn't you just buy all the videos at the get go then. You folks complaining about me wanting a JTV stream before release what about the people who will buy "making of" videos for areas not explored yet in the actual game itself (if they allow you to do that). Talk about ruining the experience. I hope at least some of the videos are locked until the player actually advances to a certain point.

Edit: Ok, never mind. He explained in his edit. Good job ND!

Actually I think making of videos can be purchased off straight from the start. They're like 100k a video though.

Edit: actually it's 10k for the behind the scenes videos.

Wario64 said:
Shit, the game just frozed on me on the train level.

Rub it in why dontcha >:/ at least you have the game with its delicious cover, spinning in your machine, enjoying the graphical orgy... while everyone has to wait .... oh my fucking god 10 MORE FUCKING DAYS

LaneDS

h4k said:
I heard that in the full game, there will be various multiplayer skins you can unlock for beating the game on crushing, getting platinum etc. I wonder that kind of skins they are.

I hadn't heard that, that's exciting. Hopefully they're all Sully-themed.

But maybe that means Eddie Raja might be unlockable after all?

Stantron

I am so regretting passing up on this event. I could have gotten tickets to the SF one, but I figured I really don't want to spoil the game by watching clips from the single player campaign. Had I only known what this event was all about... ;_;
Well, enjoy the game for those who got it early. I'll be joining the MP fun post launch.

Zutroy

h4k said:
Do you guys think that there will be any multiplayer skins that will be worth 100k or more in the full retail version? I would rather rock some rare skins over perks any day!
I think they said on 1up gamenight that you unlock doughnut drake at level 60.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
highluxury said:
Rub it in why dontcha >:/ at least you have the game with its delicious cover, spinning in your machine, enjoying the graphical orgy... while everyone has to wait .... oh my fucking god 10 MORE FUCKING DAYS

It's 7 days now. Plus I got my games signed :) And a pretty cool signed poster (my friend got 3rd place and he's getting one with the entire Naughty Dog team signing it.)

vobe9z.jpg

rvwtjp.jpg

Stantron said:
I am so regretting passing up on this event. I could have gotten tickets to the SF one, but I figured I really don't want to spoil the game by watching clips from the single player campaign. Had I only known what this event was all about... ;_;
Well, enjoy the game for those who got it early. I'll be joining the MP fun post launch.

When they started showing single player demonstrations at the event, I just left the auditorium. Which wasn't that bad cause I was eavesdropping over interviews with Amy Hennig in the lobby.

WhartoX

bdizzle said:
Gaf you'd be pleased to know I've converted a friend to the church of naughty dog. i had to beg him to play U1 for months. Now he's getting U2 day one...

All praise be to Naughty God!

:lol :lol

d0c_zaius

Stantron said:

The single player sequences shown aren't really spoilerish and I stop the demo before anything cool is revealed. Seeing the events unfold on the movie screen is amazing!

Also 3 out of the 4 sequences shown have already been in trailers and such. The 4th exclusive one is great to watch. Oh I see sam t signed the poster, he's a good guy and should get props along with ND for making u2 EPIC.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
msdstc said:
I love the pictures :lol. Hopefully you can bring it up on command rather then the games decision.

Unfortunately Drake's journal can only be opened up at key points of the game, like the first game. I dont know why because his journal in this game has tons of pages.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
highluxury said:
Its extra content dummy. Its a great way to let the time fly if youre in a break.

In the last game you were restricted to like 8 event-scripted-pages. Having them fill out the ENTIRE note book is fucking awesome. Probably so many easter eggs to be found :D

I dont even think I tried looking through the journal in the first game. Oops

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wario64 said:
I dont even think I tried looking through the journal in the first game. Oops
You have to look at it to see what to do with puzzles you encounter, and it unfortunately would pretty much spell out what to do. You couldn't flip through the pages however. It would open exactly at the puzzle hint/solution page.

brandonh83 said:
Sweet avatar.

Thanks though I think all my co-workers think I am a damn nutcase. I was searching IGN for good images but I didn't want to be spoiled of any new locations so I was kind of half squinting half turning my head away from the monitor the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom