• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Synless said:
Everytime I see your avatar I crack up about how creepy and pedo it is.
Same here. :lol I wish I could find the vid of where that's from though.. anyway, no I doubt people in the beta/demo can play with those who have the retail game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ezekial45 said:
To anyone else who has the game, are you playing with the same people who are running the demo version?

No. at most there is 36 people playing online with the retail version, but not enough players for me to even get a game going.

Synless

Gold Member
Just for clarification can you or can't you start off on crushing or is it just like the first game? I think I asked this before but can't remember if it was answered or not.

ezekial45

Banned
Synless said:
Just for clarification can you or can't you start off on crushing or is it just like the first game? I think I asked this before but can't remember if it was answered or not.

No, you beat it first to unlock crushing.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Which characters in the MP store can be bought on the retail version?

(Mark spoilers just in case)

LaneDS

For my fellow Sully fans, courtesy of my bored-at-work friend Amanda:

sullydrawn.jpg

He needed a cigar.

noah111

Still Alive
bernardobri said:
Which characters in the MP store can be bought on the retail version?

(Mark spoilers just in case)
:
Wario64 said:
13 hero skins and 13 villain skins.

Heroes;

Drake
CHloe Frazier
Victor Sullivan
Tenzin
Elena Fischer
Heist Drake
Winter Chloe
Winter Elena
Camerman Jeff
Winter Drake
Karl Schafer
Doughnut Drake
Marco Polo

Villains;

Dragan
Tetram
Sark
Lovac
Vodnik
Zorskel
Harry Flynn
Heist Flynn
Winter Flynn
Zoran Lazarevic
Lieutenant Draza
Genghis Khan
Skelzor

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Wario64 said:
Check back a few pages.

I'm asking which ones can be acquired by the store, and which ones aren't there. (They might be available to get through DLC, I guess)

For example I know that
Atoq Navarro is a SDCC "exclusive" character, yet I don't know if he's available to buy by game currency.

EDIT: Thanks, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Don't tell me Roman and Eddy are going to be DLC :<

LaneDS

imtehman said:
just got sully back
on normal in UC1, decent game, but not as good as some of the hype made it out to be.

I agree. It's not as amazing as some people think, but it's still a damn good game. The sequel is going to positively crush it in terms of quality though. Also plays a ton better, which was really my big complaint with the first game (aiming never felt quite as good as I'd hoped it would, even after finishing Crushing).

snack

Wario64 said:
In the ranked playlist, every game type can be played. You can still select playlists specifically.

Game says 36 people on server but I can never find any game to join.

That's good for us who don't have the game. I don't wanna play against Roman numeral players who have every perk possible on the day the game releases. That would suck hard.

Virro

LaneDS said:
I agree. It's not as amazing as some people think, but it's still a damn good game. The sequel is going to positively crush it in terms of quality though. Also plays a ton better, which was really my big complaint with the first game (aiming never felt quite as good as I'd hoped it would, even after finishing Crushing).

LTTP on the PS3, beat UC1 a few weeks ago for the first time. I was a bit disappointed due to the hype machine surrounding it, but understanding what they were trying to achieve and knowing where the series was headed really made me ignore the majority of my complaints, namely that it takes 50 shots to the head in a row to kill almost every enemy and pistols are more powerful than assault rifles. Great single player experience, I'm thinking I might go back before I pick up my pre-order and beat it on Crushing, but I'm loathing thinking about running through the
Spanish zombie sequence
on Crushing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Beowulf28 said:
I believe all matchmaking games are ranked and the only unranked games are custom.
No. You can gain exp points in all the games, but to be ranked according to your skill level you have to play the Ranked playlist. When you launch the Ranked playlist a blue number (I'm guessing your current rank) appears next to your Level badge.

TTP said:
WTF? Some say there is no loading at all. Others say there is loading and it's looong. Can we please have a straight answer from those who have the game?
Just like Uncharted 1. Long load at start, no loading afterwards.

ezekial45 said:
To anyone else who has the game, are you playing with the same people who are running the demo version?
The demo version has its own separate servers.

netguy503 said:
In hard, can you die in two hits also? How hard is hard?
After replaying Drakes Fortune in Hard followed by Crushing a month ago, Among Thieves Hard is bloody easy. It feels like what Normal would be like in Drakes Fortune (I skipped it and just played Hard & Crushing).

You can usually take a bunch of bullets before your heart begins to beat, when your heart is beating you can hunker down and the enemies usually won't hunt you down like in DF, enemies seem a lot easier than DF Hard enemies (I think this mostly has to do with the removal of the arena like rooms with long waves of enemies), enemy AI seems a lot dumber than DF Hard enemy AI (I think they dumbed down the AI to make it easier to pull off the stealth moves..... : /), hand to hand combat is a lot easier (a lot slower, more room for mistakes, a lot easier to pull off finishing moves), and nothing so far has truly frustrated me like the arena rooms in DF Hard.

Some weapons can kill you in two hits (shotgun, pistole, sniper, RPG, grenade launcher), but for the most part you can take cover and recover before the second shot is ever even fired.

Nothing so far seems impossible (I'm ~60% done) or frustrated me enough to quit and the times that I have died its usually because I'm messing around trying to see if I can jump to some far off platform or I miss a jump during an action sequence.

Overall I'm enjoying Hard Among Thieves a lot more than Hard DF.

Virro said:
LTTP on the PS3, beat UC1 a few weeks ago for the first time. I was a bit disappointed due to the hype machine surrounding it, but understanding what they were trying to achieve and knowing where the series was headed really made me ignore the majority of my complaints, namely that it takes 50 shots to the head in a row to kill almost every enemy and pistols are more powerful than assault rifles. Great single player experience, I'm thinking I might go back before I pick up my pre-order and beat it on Crushing, but I'm loathing thinking about running through the
Spanish zombie sequence
on Crushing.
That sequence in DF is really easy in any difficulty if you just run and gun the whole sequence. Don't bother aiming; just shoot, always keep running, and roll over ammo to pick it up instead of stopping and picking it up.

Virro

Killthee said:
That sequence in DF is really easy in any difficulty if you just run and gun the whole sequence. Don't bother aiming; just shoot, always keep running, and roll over ammo to pick it up instead of stopping and picking it up.

Yeah, after playing the Among Thieves MP Demo, I realized I was kinda a 1-trick pony playing through DF. Mostly taking cover, waiting for them to approach me rather then taking them out. Pretty conservative.

I'm hoping that when I do go back and play the DF Crushing I won't be too spoiled by the advancements made in Among Thieves.

So a couple of things that bother me about co-op I was hoping would be answered. For those that have the retail copy:
1. The guys with the mask that run at you and hold on to you, is there any way around their attack once they have you're in a choke hold?
2. If a round ends after you put the treasure in the trunk and one of your teammates happens to die before you get to them, will it respawn them? As it stands if your teammate is down after the treasure is placed and you don't get to them quick enough before the round starts they can't come back until the next round. That sucks.

With that said the multiplayer and co-op is so much fun. Great job ND!

naib

Been lurkin' up at work and finally got a chance to process some of the perks boosters.

wario dude said:
Come Get Some - Badge of honor: Nearby enemies see your name through walls (2,000,000/58)
I'm all in! All reservations are gone. :lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Okay people. Important question.

I am a person who loves the developer Naughty Dog. I had lots of fun with Crash, and the Jak and Daxter series was one of my favorites on the PS2. However, as much as I was looking forward to the first Uncharted, I ran into a serious problem.

I couldn't, and too this day, STILL can't (I've re-downloaded it like, 5 times now) beat the goddamn demo! I just keep getting killed. I'm not good at shooting enemies that move around quickly, especially not without a pointer like a mouse or a Wii Remote.

UC2 looks amazing, but I worry it's basically the same. Can someone tell me if it's any easier than the first? I was hoping the demo released last week would be a single player demo like for UC1 but sadly it's just the multiplayer, which I'm even WORSE at.

I want to enjoy the game, but I think I won't because I've no skill. Thoughts?

RurouniZel said:
Okay people. Important question.

I am a person who loves the developer Naughty Dog. I had lots of fun with Crash, and the Jak and Daxter series was one of my favorites on the PS2. However, as much as I was looking forward to the first Uncharted, I ran into a serious problem.

I couldn't, and too this day, STILL can't (I've re-downloaded it like, 5 times now) beat the goddamn demo! I just keep getting killed. I'm not good at shooting enemies that move around quickly, especially not without a pointer like a mouse or a Wii Remote.

UC2 looks amazing, but I worry it's basically the same. Can someone tell me if it's any easier than the first? I was hoping the demo released last week would be a single player demo like for UC1 but sadly it's just the multiplayer, which I'm even WORSE at.

Download the MP demo and play with gaffers. We'll help ease you in and wont make fun of you when ur lower ranked, so that should take away some of your concern. If after trying it you still dont think you can get into it... then make sure you see a playthrough on gameanyone.com or youtube... get some enjoyment that way! :lol

naib

PIMPBYBLUD said:
So a couple of things that bother me about co-op I was hoping would be answered. For those that have the retail copy:
1. The guys with the mask that run at you and hold on to you, is there any way around their attack once they have you're in a choke hold?

I don't know the answer to your second question, but in the 1st case y'all need to stick together!
Friendly's can knock them off, or shoot them in the face.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As soon as I unlock
Doughnut Drake
, he is going to be the only character I play in multi. I don't care if I'm a wider target, that shit will be hilarious.

Wowbagger

PIMPBYBLUD said:
2. If a round ends after you put the treasure in the trunk and one of your teammates happens to die before you get to them, will it respawn them? As it stands if your teammate is down after the treasure is placed and you don't get to them quick enough before the round starts they can't come back until the next round. That sucks.

Yeah, it really does. They'll be automatically revived at the start of the next round if dead, but not if dying, so it's best to let them die, or rescue them, before delivering the treasure. Hopefully, a patch will change it so your teammates always start the next round alive.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You're insane.
I feel like a badass when I'm on top with numbers like 18-7, you must be fuckin Robocop or something to get scores like that.

You can always play on easy, there's no shame in that. You can still have fun and experience the game without it being frustrating for you.

NeoUltima

Snuggler said:
You're insane.
I feel like a badass when I'm on top with numbers like 18-7, you must be fuckin Robocop or something to get scores like that.
Well...I love grenades. Get so many kills from them. If I see I am about to die, I drop a grenade. 75% of the time it leads to a kill kida like a manual revenge booster

ezekial45

Banned
Just so you guys know, that video contains a level that appears in the third act of the game.

EDIT: That was an awesome moment, when she first told us that though. I was all giddy.

Virro

NeoUltima said:
Well...I love grenades. Get so many kills from them. If I see I am about to die, I drop a grenade. 75% of the time it leads to a kill kida like a manual revenge booster

I feel like I'm playing COD:MW all over again when people do that. Can't kill people with guns? Martyrdom! Making some of the Villains looks like Spetsnaz helps with that too.

NeoUltima

Virro said:
I feel like I'm playing COD:MW all over again when people do that. Can't kill people with guns? Martyrdom! Making some of the Villains looks like Spetsnaz helps with that too.
:lol Most of my kills are ak, but if I have grenades I am going to use them.

Nowhere near as bad as matrydom since that doesn't even require you to have a grenade.

Alex

Grenades are so easy to dodge, people just make the fatal mistake of 1.) Not keeping on the move 2.) Chasing after you directly.

Especially the second, I can get so many kills just by tossing a grenade at the floor in front of me for the people who think they can just juke me a bit and get an easy melee finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom