• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goMaki

All this hype is so exciting! Definitely can't wait to play the game. The first one if probably they best game I have played on the PS3. Looking forward to trying out the MP aspect and with everyone's comments about MP, it sounds more fun than the single player experience. :lol

My BF informed me that they also gave the game out at the event tonight ( SF ), so I guess I will be playing it sooner than I thought!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
goMaki said:
All this hype is so exciting! Definitely can't wait to play the game. The first one if probably they best game I have played on the PS3. Looking forward to trying out the MP aspect and with everyone's comments about MP, it sounds more fun than the single player experience. :lol

My BF informed me that they also gave the game out at the event tonight ( SF ), so I guess I will be playing it sooner than I thought!

To everyone? I guess they were trying to downplay it when I asked if they were doing the same thing tonight

mr_nothin said:
OMG, talk about interactive cutscene...
:O

Just what I was thinking. That looked so mindblowing and it was on a tiny shitty recorded video

I think I'm going to play this game in a pharmacy.

AFreak

Banned
Ok, so I've been wanting to get this game and i've got theeca membership thing so might as well get it from amazon right. Question is, I went to the benefits page but can't get a code to load. how do I get one to load?

That video was cool, but what was with the cheering and "OH MY GAAAAD" stuff?

If that was a UK audience, you'd hear whispers of "thats quite cool" and "ooh", maybe.

ezekial45

Banned
Android18a said:
That video was cool, but what was with the cheering and "OH MY GAAAAD" stuff?

If that was a UK audience, you'd hear whispers of "thats quite cool" and "ooh", maybe.

Lies! You brits would've cheered louder then we did. :lol

I thought we were just gonna get a t-shirt (which came with the gift bag) and poster or something. It was really a nice surprise.

goMaki

Wario64 said:
To everyone? I guess they were trying to downplay it when I asked if they were doing the same thing tonight

I asked him to clarify if it was just for tourney participants or everyone and he said "Everyone". That's pretty cool of them to do this. He's still hanging out in SF, so I haven't actually seen it. lol Apparently they're all in line waiting for their goodie bags now.

goMaki said:
I asked him to clarify if it was just for tourney participants or everyone and he said "Everyone". That's pretty cool of them to do this. He's still hanging out in SF, so I haven't actually seen it. lol Apparently they're all in line waiting for their goodie bags now.
I didn't get a copy in my goodie bag. In LA they raffled off 20 copies to participants, I didn't get one :(

All I got was a t-shirt.

iamcool388 said:
autobzooty said:
heard my first "kitty got wet"

:lol
You are CONFIRMING that it is in the game? It was not taken out?

Canceled preorder reinstated! :D

1zwomdl.jpg

At the tourney in LA, the fucking TVs were set with that Motionflow effect thing turned on which cranked the video lag to 11. It fucked up my timing big time.

Virro

U K Narayan said:
Fuck that video. Not touching that shit with a 10 foot pole.

Media blackout INITIATED.

I've tried to resist, but there's so much stuff out there. Can't wait to get a retail copy on the TV in its full glory.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
polyh3dron said:
At the tourney in LA, the fucking TVs were set with that Motionflow effect thing turned on which cranked the video lag to 11. It fucked up my timing big time.

Same at the SF location. Everytime I play in a tournament thingy, there's always lag input. It's annoying.

Funny cause xeno was mentioning this to me before we even played

LaneDS

KilgoreTrout said:
Almost a half million views on the thread. :lol

I wish thread views were related to sales, because ND deserves it.

I'd say I'm sure there's some correlation, and there likely is, but I bet the Killzone 2 thread has a shitload of views too.

Game is going to do great though. I've convinced a lot of friends that passed on the first one to pick this up mostly by insisting they play multiplayer with me. Impressed me quite a bit because I was sure one of them wouldn't be into it, and after a night of playing he was sold. Game is that good, it'll sell big.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
polyh3dron said:
I didn't get a copy in my goodie bag. In LA they raffled off 20 copies to participants, I didn't get one :(

All I got was a t-shirt.
That sucks, everyone who got a goodie bag last night (everybody who participated in the tourney) got a copy of the game as well.

polyh3dron said:
Yeah, the lag and playing so close to the screen threw me off yesterday. I had fun in the first round though and I got to play on the system connected to the projector. The crowd was going wild when I jumped into the well and pulled down a member from the opposing team :lol

Second round was a bloody massacre. The other team was just way better organized and my team got slaughtered.

Currently on Bart headed home from the SF event - got my goodie bag right next to me.

Game is phenomenally good and I managed to record a semifinal match and a gameplay segment on my iPhone.

Really glad I went, despite it being last-minute, but then again the place was two blocks away from work :D

Thanks Sony & Naughty Dog for an awesome showing tonight. Will probably hang up my poster eventually.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Auron_Kale said:
Currently on Bart headed home from the SF event - got my goodie bag right next to me.

Game is phenomenally good and I managed to record a semifinal match and a gameplay segment on my iPhone.

Really glad I went, despite it being last-minute, but then again the place was two blocks away from work :D

Thanks Sony & Naughty Dog for an awesome showing tonight. Will probably hang up my poster eventually.

Were Amy and Sam there again tonight?

I think I'm on the final boss right now. I dont want this game to end. It's so so good :(

netguy503

Auron_Kale said:

Does your goodie bag have the game in it?

jaydogg691

Just got back from the LA event. It was such an awesome event and wished more publishers/developers did stuff like this. Lucky enough to be in the winning team of tournament and won the Fortune Hunter Edition.

polyh3dron said:
I was playing on defaulted controls and I normally play inverted. I was at such a huge handicap and did terrible on the second and third rounds. I can't thank my team anymore for such a great performance.

What team were you on?

jaydogg691 said:
Just got back from the LA event. It was such an awesome event and wished more publishers/developers did stuff like this. Lucky enough to be in the winning team of tournament and won the Fortune Hunter Edition.
Wow. F'n awesome. Congrats man.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yay I got the game a week early and for free!!! Guess my pre-order is going to Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uncharted 2 beaten. Wow, what a fucking ride. I'm glad the final boss battle wasn't as stupid as the first one.

WOW JUST WOW

GOTY

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm someone who has played Uncharted 1 a thousand times.

I take it Hard will be a good place to start? How'd you find the difficulty, Wario?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rez said:
I'm someone who has played Uncharted 1 a thousand times.

I take it Hard will be a good place to start? How'd you find the difficulty, Wario?

I thought it was just about the same as the first one. Most of my troubles were towards the end of the game though.

If you could get through hard on U1, play hard on U2.

netguy503 said:
I heard it's a easy set up. Can't you just film with a normal camera?

Camera towards tv screen?

Only cam I have is a PS2 Eyetoy and X360 cam, hah. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff as I never tried

And for the curious minds, I finished the game with $585,000 in the wallet on hard mode. Completion time:
9:31:22

Died 202 times, lol.

netguy503

Wario64 said:
Camera towards tv screen?

Only cam I have is a PS2 Eyetoy and X360 cam, hah.

Exactly. This would work. Do it for great justice man. You'd be the top stream of the night and you'll be the first before everyone else. GO WARIO!!!! GO WARIO!! GO!!!!*starts ninja-rapping*

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
netguy503 said:
Exactly. This would work. Do it for great justice man. You'd be the top stream of the night and you'll be the first before everyone else. GO WARIO!!!! GO WARIO!! GO!!!!*starts ninja-rapping*

Would it pick up sound?

I just noticed one of the single player skins unlocks requires you to get a Platinum trophy. I wonder what it is.

netguy503

Wario64 said:
Would it pick up sound?

I just noticed one of the single player skins unlocks requires you to get a Platinum trophy. I wonder what it is.

Yes your PSeye will pick up the sound. Would you like me to PM you the details on how to set up a JTV account/broadcast are do you want to google it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom