• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
netguy503 said:
Yes your PSeye will pick up the sound. Would you like me to PM you the details on how to set up a JTV account/broadcast are do you want to google it?

I dont have a PSEye, only the PS2 eyetoy one. It would be better to use the 360 camera one but it doesnt have mic

netguy503

iamcool388 said:
Christophe.Balestra.2-1.jpg

Believe.

Who's that?

netguy503

Wario64 said:
I dont have a PSEye, only the PS2 eyetoy one. It would be better to use the 360 camera one but it doesnt have mic

If your system is turned up enough we might be able to get sound coming from your speakers? F, just start broadcasting PLEASE im sure the GAF that wants to see it will appreciate it. You doing Hard mode...I have no words. It would be so awesome. :)

Irnbru

netguy503 said:
If your system is turned up enough we might be able to get sound coming from your speakers? F, just start broadcasting PLEASE im sure the GAF that wants to see it will appreciate it. You doing Hard mode...I have no words. It would be so awesome. :)

but that would ruin the game, much rather play it, then watch someone play it ;P

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'll look into it tomorrow but don't get your hopes up

I want to play crushing mode but you guys will probably get annoyed from all my deaths :lol

netguy503

Wario64 said:
I'll look into it tomorrow but don't get your hopes up

I want to play crushing mode but you guys will probably get annoyed from all my deaths :lol

No....I'd LOVE to see your deaths! :)

And to the person who posted before you...you don't have to watch if you don't want to.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dunno, I was just testing to see if my camera worked. But I'll play for like a hour or so

CRUSHING MODE HERE WE GO

netguy503

Wario64 said:
I dunno, I was just testing to see if my camera worked. But I'll play for like a hour or so

CRUSHING MODE HERE WE GO

haha...for people who were saying "oh no, don't watch the video. we would never do that, it would ruin the experience* well there is now 9 viewers (including me) all most likely from this thread so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry guys, my buddy just went on and asking for co-op. I'm gonna stop it

At least I know I can stream stuff. I need to get sound working then we'll be in business :)

netguy503

Wario64 said:
Sorry guys, my buddy just went on and asking for co-op. I'm gonna stop it

At least I know I can stream stuff. I need to get sound working then we'll be in business :)

why can't you film co-op? Oh well, thank you for the effort tonight. It was awesome!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
netguy503 said:
why can't you film co-op? Oh well, thank you for the effort tonight. It was awesome!

It'll lag up my connection, streaming and all. My upload isnt that great

Glad you like it though, if you really don't mind I can do that for my entire Crushing runthrough...or the majority of it

d0c_zaius

Just got back from the Seattle event. Met a couple gaf members and shot the shit. Got through all the demonstrations without dieing and made somethings extra dramatic for the crowd and they loved it. People love point blank pistole and shotgun coverfire kills.

I got some good pics and will post em tomorrow

netguy503

Wario64 said:
Glad you like it though, if you really don't mind I can do that for my entire Crushing runthrough...or the majority of it

Not only do I not mind I would LOVE it. Tomorrow you say? Keep us posted when it goes live again. Then we will see how many viewers you get then as well as "I'm the only one in this thread who wants to/ will watch this".lawl

THANK YOU!!!

DigiMish

d0c_zaius said:
Just got back from the Seattle event. Met a couple gaf members and shot the shit. Got through all the demonstrations without dieing and made somethings extra dramatic for the crowd and they loved it. People love point blank pistole and shotgun coverfire kills.

I got some good pics and will post em tomorrow

Awesome presentation dude. I love how you shot a dude full of holes point blank on the train. Props for not dying. Oh and "How IS he going to get across?":lol

My team got 3rd place - we got signed Naughty Dog posters! I was part of team Irons originally, but we lost because my team was full of people who didn't play the demo before. I was 8 and 0 when I died for my first time, and we still lost ;(. However, someone quit for a winning team, and my ticket was drawn, so I got put with team Dagger! We then went on to kick ass in elimination and plunder, but hit a brick wall when we faced team Drake in deathmatch in the battle for semifinals. Also a bit disappointed that I didn't win the game considering there was a 1 in 6 chance for it which is decent.

Really great atmosphere and thanks for coming out to Bellevue, Naughty Dog and Sony! Hope you continue to do these things in the future because as you saw - you guys sold out of the 120 tickets! Good shit, d0c_zaius!

anh_duong

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Did I actually mention how fucking nice the snow is in this game?

The snow is fucking nice!

yeah but gamedaily says it is not good enough because when drakes pisses on the snow it doesn't go slush puppy yellow

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Fuck the
Awareness
booster, I can already see everyone using that as soon as they unlock it, which means you either have to use it too, or you have to use
Evasion
. In any case, you're forced to waste one slot just to compensate :/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I wonder what ND's justification behind putting it in the game was.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Didn't see this in the OP and not sure if it is old but the Uncharted 2 soundtrack is up for pre-order on iTunes for 9.99 plus tax. Release date is Oct 13th. :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I could have seen it working if it gave you just a subtle idea of where your opponents can be, like a glare on one side of your screen just like when you're hit from a certain direction. But the ability to see enemies through the motherfucking walls might be gamebreaking if you're lacking a way to compensate it, and having to waste one of your two slots to do it means something is seriously wrong with the concept itself.
EDIT: Especially considering you need to be on fucking level 50 to do it. Which is absurd, immunity to such a strong ability should be available really early... it's the ability itself that should be limited to strongest players as it already is. I don't know, having played (and loved) the multiplayer beta, I find these two boosters to be extremely unbalanced the way they are presented.

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez said:
yeah, I wonder what ND's justification behind putting it in the game was.
I think it'll be ok because you have to stand still and use it. I dont think you can see if you move. You'd be vulnerable from all kinds of attacks, from melee and neck breaking to someone doing a few quick bursts from a distance.

Plus you have the immune booster

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
mr_nothin said:
I think it'll be ok because you have to stand still and use it. I dont think you can see if you move. You'd be vulnerable from all kinds of attacks, from melee and neck breaking to someone doing a few quick bursts from a distance.

Plus you have the immune booster
You can find half a second to use it pretty often during gameplay, actually, which means it will be easily abused, and you need to be on level 50 to unlock the immune booster (which is stupid).

Loudninja

Jocchan said:
You can find half a second to use it pretty often during gameplay, actually, which means it will be easily abused, and you need to be on level 50 to unlock the immune booster (which is stupid).

Really stop worrying about that.

protonion

Just finished it!
9:29 minutes,30/100 treasures(!).
Will replay again with the one-shot kills activated to find the rest of the treasures.
I don't think I'll try the other difficulties.The last boss will be an absolute nightmare on crushing.

Jocchan said:
I could have seen it working if it gave you just a subtle idea of where your opponents can be, like a glare on one side of your screen just like when you're hit from a certain direction. But the ability to see enemies through the motherfucking walls might be gamebreaking if you're lacking a way to compensate it, and having to waste one of your two slots to do it means something is seriously wrong with the concept itself.
EDIT: Especially considering you need to be on fucking level 50 to do it. Which is absurd, immunity to such a strong ability should be available really early... it's the ability itself that should be limited to strongest players as it already is. I don't know, having played (and loved) the multiplayer beta, I find these two boosters to be extremely unbalanced the way they are presented.
Wow, they really f'ed up on this one. I mean, giving the Better players more advantages is already unbalanced as it is, but the majority of players will not get to level 50, so this is just.... bad decision making.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Mr. Melender said:
Wow, they really f'ed up on this one. I mean, giving the Better players more advantages is already unbalanced as it is, but the majority of players will not get to level 50, so this is just.... bad decision making.
TBH I wouldn't be so worried if you could counter this booster early (let's say from level 10 on, which might still be too high). I would still be bitter at having to waste one slot to do it, though.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jocchan said:
Well I'm lvl 55 already in the public demo and I've only had it for a few days :lol
I get a buncha HOLY CRAP WHAT LEVEL ARE YOU?!?!?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mr. Melender said:

Yea I agree, especially when some of the games have lives outside of the game. I hope Naughty Dog fixes the matchmaking, I do not want to start my online game at level 1 and the other team is around level 30 or so. This will stop people from even entering online if they buy the game later on and most everyone online is level 50 or something with all the perks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the latest Bombcast has raised my hype from "I want this game now" to the loin-groaning "UHHHHHH GOD DAMN WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS"

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
mr_nothin said:
Well I'm lvl 55 already in the public demo and I've only had it for a few days :lol
I get a buncha HOLY CRAP WHAT LEVEL ARE YOU?!?!?
I'm level 35 and, except a week I spent out of town, I've been playing every day since when the current beta started (before it went public). Not everyone spends countless hours every day on a single game, and very few will probably ever go past level 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom