• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

dwebo

SolidSnakex said:
I'll just post this here

Jc1B0.jpg
Surprised that middle guy (awkwardly posing against Claudia Black's tits no less) was VA for Tenzin / Talbot, when he looks so much like Flynn.

Also, who's the first on the left or the old guy?

edit: @spats, MoonsaultSlayer thanks

Don

Noisepurge said:
I really liked how they played out the supernatural stuff this time around, spoilers:
Giving a good excuse to use flaming heads due to the hallucinations instead of just ancient blue people or nazi zombies ;D
I really liked the idea of making them
hallucinations
this time, but didn't really like their design as much as the enemies in 1 and 2.

Using the regular enemy character models but with a fire effect added to their head felt a bit lazy to me. Considering that they were hallucinations, I felt that they could have come up with something more interesting looking.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I like that they've got to their senses to let you deduce things from the environment even for simpler puzzles, instead of forcing the diary solution. In Syria where you're supposed to
find the North Star, you can just look up in the sky and locate it, if you know where it is in the sky. Of course, if you open the book it tells you where it is, but there's no need to do it if you know where to look

The best puzzle so far was in the
chateau underworld, the one that open the Sir Godrick's tomb.
I really hope to see more of that kind of stuff as the game goes.

finished crushing.

had two crashs in
syria
on different gaming days, where my console turned completely off. once while getting a trophy and the other time when sully kept shooting behind the first closed gate, even thogh there was nothing to fight for him, he wasn't even supposed to fight there. i opened the menu to load the game, but when i select load my console turned off instead :eek:

i consider this game as dangerous now.

Dear Google image search,

When I search "Emily Rose," I am not looking for pictures of Jennifer Carpenter possessed by Pazuzu.

Sincerely,
A disgruntled Emily Rose fan

Pranay

brandonh83 said:
Dear Google image search,

When I search "Emily Rose," I am not looking for pictures of Jennifer Carpenter possessed by Pazuzu.

Sincerely,
A disgruntled Emily Rose fan

Yeah :|

Btw, this was a couple of pages back, but someone said the chase music from Chapter 3 is missing from the soundtrack.

It's track 22, "Museum Bust."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
brandonh83 said:
Safe search is on moderate, I promise.
Pfft, Safe search on takes all the fun out of Googling. If there's no chance for something horrible to pop up, I don't want to be image searching it.

finowns

Just got the game played over the weekend, is there something different about the shooting? Uncharted 2 felt really good to me Uncharted 3 I can't hit anything.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
finowns said:
Just got the game played over the weekend, is there something different about the shooting? Uncharted 2 felt really good to me Uncharted 3 I can't hit anything.
Yeah, it's getting patched.

RDreamer

anddo0 said:
Platinum Get!

Ironically enough, I died fewer times on crushing than I did on normal.

Not that surprising. You know the spawn spots and in general how many and what types are going to come at you on your 2nd (or 3rd) play through. Also, I usually tend to find the better paths and some power weapons that I didn't even see on my first play through. For example the spot where you meet up with Sully in the Chateau I died a bunch my first time through on hard. On crushing, though, I found (I think) a Wes and rocked house with that and made it through my first time.

ok while people are randomly bitching about every little thing..... I really dont like the box art.

It doesnt help SCEE put a giant purple bubble on it but I just dont like the shot of drake standing in front of the crashed plane looking like he doesnt give a crap while wearing his hipster scarf.

I think the shot on the cover of that Making of book would have been better plus it would have started a Uncharted box art tradition of drake hanging off stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0615554407/?tag=neogaf0e-20

oh and I am really curious where the 2nd half takes the story.

on chapter 12 now and things kind of got kicked back into gear at chapter 10. chapters 6-9 where kind of hit or miss.

I kind of see Uncharted 3 having a bit more closure and character development by the end compared to the first 2 games.

Oh and Why doesnt Drake or sully carry a smart phone?

I would think it would be quicker to just take a picture of whatever cymbal or artifact they find instead of just drawing it in a book.

I guess it is never really started when the uncharted games take place so they could all be set in the early 90's for all we know and camera phones dont exist yet.

george_us

I'm at Chapter 8 and I'm really liking it although in terms of design it's a clear step down from U2 imo. The areas aren't nearly as interesting outside of
The Chateau
so far nor has the story been as interesting.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Where/how does one find such a book?

Got mine through amazon - it's a third party seller, but they're using amazon for orders.

Oh and here you go:

dd92f919.jpg

Also, there was a lot of good shot of the ND staff, including Arne, in the back of the book.

Anteater

funkystudent said:
Oh and Why doesnt Drake or sully carry a smart phone?

I would think it would be quicker to just take a picture of whatever cymbal or artifact they find instead of just drawing it in a book.

Maybe they don't want to always have to charge their phone in the middle of a desert

Here's how you stealth the big Airport encounter:

airportEncounter.jpg

To get the guys by the door without alerting them; after taking out the guy in the middle, take cover where the blue dot on the line shows (it's a car with a blue tarp over part of it), pop out and aim at the guys at the door but don't shoot. One of them should come over to investigate, then go shoot the guy alone by the door and get the last guy by the car however you please -- quietly though.

Charted - Normal! Took me 9 hours and 7 mins. Amazing game!!

Yessssss...I got to lay my hands on Talbot!! That last fight kinda reminds me of MGS4 last fight. Anyways, I really thought that Sully was dead at one point of time

I think I'll work on Crushing after the patch.

I'm at chapter 10. there are quite a few
scenes where you walk through the street, run from bad guys, etc..

Also, I'm not liking Elena's new design. And her facial animations, good lord she's stiff as a rock. As a matter of fact, the facial animations aren't that impressive this time around.

Other than that, the game isn't bad so far. Even at chapter 10, I feel the game hasn't picked up in plot yet. It just keeps going and going.

EDIT-The lighting in the
sewer level
is AMAZING.

Yaska

Still haven't finished but will post my impressions so far. Game is amazing, but it's the worst in the series.
the beginning is great but when you get to ship it's just gears of drake to desert.
the amount of firefights is ridiculous, and even Drake himself comments on that. The pacing has really failed. The controls keep getting me killed ( who the hell was the amateur idiot who decided that O should be both grab and dodge!?) as does the aim issues. For now I've reached
the settlement in the desert
but I'll doubt I'll play it anymore 'til the patch rolls out.

Also, fun to see that enemies can shoot through floors and walls quite literally but you can't.
Amazing, fun game, but after UC2, huge letdown.

gdt

The Revenge (lvl2) booster kind of sucks. It barely works, grenades take too long for it to really be effective. Switched to Bargain, gonna try that out.

asa

Boogalogist said:
Charted - Normal! Took me 9 hours and 7 mins. Amazing game!!

hah, exactly same time as my first playthrough. Naughty gods of involuntary player guidance. :)
I also really liked the game. I just wonder what could have been without such large focus on multiplayer. Some parts could have used some polish from the Among thieves. All in all, looks like it's gonna be easy to choose my GOTY this year ;)

Green Scar said:
Wish they'd found some way of incorporating the melee combat into it though.

People would've been complaining twice as much as they already are, had that been the case. And rightfully so, ND really should've incorporated some proper means of bailing out of the melee animation.

Top Bottom