• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Ricky_R

protonion said:
Finished chapter 7.

HOLY SHIT at everything!

-So far more exploration and less shooting than U2 which I like.

-Like U2 it will be a while before your first shot. Awesome start though.

-I was stuck for half an hour in the third puzzle. That's a first for an Uncharted game! A hint button appeared after a while!

-Chapter 7 is a certain set-piece they've shown a lot. Playing through it is a million times better. I almost got up from my couch.

To sum up... HOLY SHIT!

edit: online pass doesn't work yet right? Europe here.

THAT'S IT!!! Disconnecting this shit.

Guevara

Finished chapter 8, pretty awesome.

I don't know that it looks radically better than 2 (so far) but no complaints. Locations have been cool (and varied!) so far.

rhino4evr

Glad the thread is moving towards impressions instead of bitching about review scores.

Seems like nothing but positive impressions so far. Keep those spoilers secure!

rhino4evr said:
Glad the thread is moving towards impressions instead of bitching about review scores.

It's almost as if that Eurogamer review isn't actually affecting people's own personal opinions all that much.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
rhino4evr said:

Seems like nothing but positive impressions so far. Keep those spoilers secure!
this thread never had review score complaints in it. its was merely the review thread and the other threads based off that one.

Yamibito

brandonh83 said:
It's almost as if that Eurogamer review isn't actually affecting people's own personal opinions all that much.
Crazy talk!

Would love to get my hands on this early but doesn't seem like it's gonna be possible, shopto it is then.

Guevara

Does anyone know if
they rebalanced enemy health or hit boxes? Either they did or I'm becoming a better shot. Enemies are going down fast and I got my Headshot Master trophy on chapter 7.

Chris R

Whelp, finally put my preorder in. Got the game plus the Piggyback guide (their FFXIII guide was really well done). And even though Amazon says they won't even ship until the 7th I have good faith in them getting me the game in a timely fashion, even with the free shipping, because they normally do (Good Guy Amazon, estimated delivery on the 28th, package comes in on the 23rd).

Ricky_R

Am I the only one who sees a spoiler tag and can't help to start reading veeeery slowly with eyes half closed just to quit after the first word?

I know. Silly.

Toki767

Guevara said:
Does anyone know if
they rebalanced enemy health or hit boxes? Either they did or I'm becoming a better shot. Enemies are going down fast and I got my Headshot Master trophy on chapter 7.
I believe the GameTrailers review stated that enemies in general took less bullets to kill this time.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Guys this is pretty OT.. But im buying a new TV for this game (and others but this will be the first i play on it) and was wondering; for gaming 60hz vs 120hz does it make THAT big a difference? Is it worth the extra 200-300 bucks?

Im looking at a 40-42" LCD btw.

Pranay_ said:
hearing GAF opinions > online reviews

So True. I wish I could record myself and my reactions while playing the game for the 1st time. It sucks waiting until Friday of the next week to get my preorder. One of the many downsides to living in a small island in the Caribbean.

thehypocrite said:
So True. I wish I could record myself and my reactions while playing the game for the 1st time. It sucks waiting until Friday of the next week to get my preorder. One of the many downsides to living in a small island in the Caribbean.

Tell me about since i also live in the Caribbean we always get games late most of the time.

Represent. said:
Guys this is pretty OT.. But im buying a new TV for this game (and others but this will be the first i play on it) and was wondering; for gaming 60hz vs 120hz does it make THAT big a difference? Is it worth the extra 200-300 bucks?

Im looking at a 40-42" LCD btw.
No it doesn't. In fact, I think all games output at 60 hz anyway. The other thing is most LCD's that claim 120 hz or higher refresh rates achieve it through some crazy post-processing stuff that jacks up the input lag ridiculously. In other words, you'll be playing Uncharted 3 and wondering why the aiming feels so floaty and off. I went through the experience recently with a Samsung LED and it was so horrendous that I had to play with all of the nice effects turned off. Even then the input lag was still unbearable so I ended up buying a plasma. There are still nice LCD/LED TV's available for gaming though so don't take this anecdote as gospel.

My opinion though? Buy a Panasonic Plasma. I have a 50" G20 and it is the best gaming TV I've ever seen or used.

This is the best resource on the web for TV research, by the way:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

can someone with all three games line them up as if they're on a shelf so I can see what they look like with all their side labels together?

as I am incredibly OCD/anal about that stuff. just curious.

brandonh83 said:
can someone with all three games line them up as if they're on a shelf so I can see what they look like with all their side labels together?

Why would you want to see this?

If you are OCD and they aren't lined up properly, it's going to bug the shit out of you. Best to assume they just are in your mind.

Madness will set in shortly.

DoctorWho said:
Why would you want to see this?

If you are OCD and they aren't lined up properly, it's going to bug the shit out of you. Best to assume they just are in your mind.

Madness will set in shortly.

So I can start planning my custom covers. :)

Guevara

brandonh83 said:

I can do this but you won't like the results. I have the red box "cheapo" version of U1 and maybe U2.

Ricky_R said:
Where? I live in Puerto Rico and we get them on time. We are US territory though.

I live in Dominican Republic so here they are affected of 2 things:

1.Expensive as hell.
2.Release dates? lol.

So I import/buy them from amazon but it takes a couple more days.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
darkwing said:
why are some people already playing it??

Some stores broke the street date. Surprise!

Will get my game tomorrow. Can't wait!

Ricky_R

thehypocrite said:
I live in Dominican Republic so here they are affected of 2 things:

1.Expensive as hell.
2.Release dates? lol.

So I import/buy them from amazon but it takes a couple more days.

haha yeah... That I know.

Shit is expensive there when you're not paying for the Punta Cana All inclusive packages. ;)

Nice to know we're neighbors.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The_Darkest_Red said:
No it doesn't. In fact, I think all games output at 60 hz anyway. The other thing is most LCD's that claim 120 hz or higher refresh rates achieve it through some crazy post-processing stuff that jacks up the input lag ridiculously. In other words, you'll be playing Uncharted 3 and wondering why the aiming feels so floaty and off. I went through the experience recently with a Samsung LED and it was so horrendous that I had to play with all of the nice effects turned off. Even then the input lag was still unbearable so I ended up buying a plasma. There are still nice LCD/LED TV's available for gaming though so don't take this anecdote as gospel.

My opinion though? Buy a Panasonic Plasma. I have a 50" G20 and it is the best gaming TV I've ever seen or used.

This is the best resource on the web for TV research, by the way:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
Nice. Thanks for the input. I was always under the impression that plasma tv's suffered from terrible "burn in". But ill look into it though with that forum link.

1319746588445.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Yamibito said:
Crazy talk!

Would love to get my hands on this early but doesn't seem like it's gonna be possible, shopto it is then.
Shopto almost always send games two days early so that'd be 31 for me. HOPEFULLY! The wait is KILLING me. :|

The amount of polish that goes into a Uncharted game is so fricken impressive. I am so used to playing games that are constantly riding a wave of excellence to average from moment to moment. Just like #2 the game never lets up. It keeps you so engaged that you never feel like setting the controller down.

Phew I got to calm down and savor this game.

Ricky_R

The Lamp said:
OMG Uncharted 3 is going to have guns and exploring!
Abandon thread.

haha I was talking about the impressions, but I wasn't too clear. I meant that I couldn't read anymore good impressions because it was making the wait unbearable.

Top Bottom