• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

spats

mgviperman said:
No presence data

GT5 doesn't have it and UC3 doesn't have it. SCEWWS just doesn't give a shit. Not that I really care though. Only game where I thought presence data was kinda cool was Nier.

Is there a more exploration in this than Uncharted 2? It seems like the environments are more open like The Desert. Can you kinda roam around the desert?

LightOfTruth said:
Guys just let us know if its better than U2. Thats the ultimate type of hype we can get!!

Man thats a hard question because for at least me U2 was a absolutely perfect game. From beginning to end it was a everything I wanted from this genre and all I can say is U3 feels the exact same way. Your jaw will drop, you will scream at the tv. So far for me its a experience that is wholly only found in these games.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man thats a hard question because for at least me U2 was a absolutely perfect game. From beginning to end it was a everything I wanted from this genre and all I can say is U3 feels the exact same way. Your jaw will drop, you will scream at the tv. So far for me its a experience that is wholly only found in these games.

Yeah, I know. Thats why I want it to be better! :p

If its equal though, Ill be happy too.

Ricky_R

Wario64 said:
This game is some good shit so far. Media blackout served me well.

When you say media black out, you mean full or did you see chateau, cargo plane and desert gameplay as well as the launch trailer?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ricky_R said:
When you say media black out, you mean full or did you see chateau, cargo plane and desert gameplay as well as the launch trailer?

I only saw the very first teaser trailer and multiplayer stuff. Nothing else. I even went to the AMC event and dozed off during gameplay demos thanks to my iPhone.

Ricky_R

Wario64 said:
I only saw the very first teaser trailer and multiplayer stuff. Nothing else. I even went to the AMC event and dozed off during gameplay demos thanks to my iPhone.

Damn it!!! I think I spoiled my self too much.

Can anybody with the game right now say how much I spoiled myself for watching what ND/Sony released? I saw
Teaser, Chateau, Cargo Plane, Cruise and Desert gameplay videos; TV Spot and Launch trailer.

Please and thanks

Chinner

Banned
so without spoiling the game, are you still able to stealth the game? some reviews made it seem like its no longer an option.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
b.mak said:
can someone post details on what that 'secret mode' is? the one that's supposedly unlocked after you beat the campaign.

!SPOILER!
Supposedly it's something akin to Horde Mode from Gears of War, with Drake fighting... evil clowns

Guevara

Ricky_R said:
Damn it!!! I think I spoiled my self too much.

Can anybody with the game right now say how much I spoiled myself for watching what ND/Sony released? I saw Teaser, Chateau, Cargo Plane and Desert gameplay videos; TV Spot and Launch trailer.

Please and thanks
I finished chapter 8 last night and haven't even seen
the cargo plane or desert yet

Guevara

Chinner said:
so without spoiling the game, are you still able to stealth the game? some reviews made it seem like its no longer an option.
I fought through an area last night that was clearly meant to be handled
with stealth. I don't do stealth very well, though. I got the first 3 out of about 12 guys with stealthy take downs (the square button), then some asshole saw me and it turned into a typical gun fight. Also the game gave me several messages to use stealth, and reminded me of the stealth moves (again, most of which are context sensitive, then press the square button.)

Chinner

Banned
Guevara said:
I fought through an area last night that was clearly meant to be handled
with stealth. I don't do stealth very well, though. I got the first 3 out of about 12 guys with stealthy take downs (the square button), then some asshole saw me and it turned into a typical gun fight. Also the game gave me several messages to use stealth, and reminded me of the stealth moves (again, most of which are context sensitive, then press the square button.)
you're a jerk

d0c_zaius

BruceLeeRoy said:

glad you like it, and thanks for the kickass OT!

alr1ghtstart said:
why in the fuck is this so difficult for first parties to do?

This is one of the things we wanted to do if we had more time, sorry!

and yes, I used Nier as the example to follow when I brought it up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
d0c_zaius said:
glad you like it, and thanks for the kickass OT!

This is one of the things we wanted to do if we had more time, sorry!

and yes, I used Nier as the example to follow when I brought it up.
patch it in. SP and MP differences at the very least.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's that time where I will have to stop reading at this because I'm starting to spoil the game for me.

Well awesome OP anyway!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Played through Chapter 8, so far Chapter 2 and maybe Chapter
Chateau
are the only ones that are sticking out. I don't like the
dark/night environments
and the AI isn't as robust at times.

Angry Fork

So how's the multiplayer? I'm getting this for the SP but I'm wondering if this multi player will be able to entertain me instead of getting MW3. (I'm actually not an avid COD player I haven't bought one since World at War but I miss the series so I want to get back into it)

What's the balance like, progression system etc.

Top Bottom