• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

protonion

Chinner said:
so without spoiling the game, are you still able to stealth the game? some reviews made it seem like its no longer an option.

Of course you can! I just cleared an area where not going stealthy was almost a suicide.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Chinner said:
so without spoiling the game, are you still able to stealth the game? some reviews made it seem like its no longer an option.

It was rarely even an option in UC2, you could only stealth when it let you.

Marius_ said:
Played through Chapter 8, so far Chapter 2 and maybe Chapter
Chateau
are the only ones that are sticking out. I don't like the
dark/night environments
and the AI isn't as robust at times.

uh-oh

Marius_ said:
Played through Chapter 8, so far Chapter 2 and maybe Chapter
Chateau
are the only ones that are sticking out. I don't like the
dark/night environments
and the AI isn't as robust at times.

wait, weren't you the guy F5ing for Metacritic scores?

Is it too late to cancel the pre-order?

Avis

As always please rehost.
uc3_4.png
uc3_6.png

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This game seems easy so far, but it's only hard difficulty (duh). Chapter 8 and I've only had to restart a checkpoint 5 times. Only 2 of those were battle related.

Wario64 said:
This game seems easy so far, but it's only hard difficulty (duh). Chapter 8 and I've only had to restart a checkpoint 5 times. Only 2 of those were battle related.

Ok, so would you recommend we start on Hard then? I've played the last 2 Uncharted games but I've actually died quite a few times during my normal (and first) play through of Uncharted 2.

Papercuts

I can't even remember Hard being a difficulty before, I thought it was always normal then crushing...I guess I'll start on Hard here.

Replicant said:
Huh, the game is out already? Wish Gamestop would send it to me already.

Not technically until the first.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LightOfTruth said:
Ok, so would you recommend we start on Hard then? I've played the last 2 Uncharted games but I've actually died quite a few times during my normal (and first) play through of Uncharted 2.

I've never played an Uncharted game below hard difficulty. Just play whatever difficulty you've been playing I guess?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I came in briefly to ask about difficulty and I got my answer. I thought Uncharted 2 was too easy on Normal so I'm going to start this one on Hard. This will be the first game I haven't started on Normal.

Angry Fork said:
So how's the multiplayer? I'm getting this for the SP but I'm wondering if this multi player will be able to entertain me instead of getting MW3. (I'm actually not an avid COD player I haven't bought one since World at War but I miss the series so I want to get back into it)

What's the balance like, progression system etc.
Its really awesome! You will have tons of fun and its one of the best MP games Ive played. You wont be dissapointed

Played a couple hours till chapter 8 I guess. The game is great, it's Uncharted, so you know what to expect: a visual masterpiece that plays like a rollercoaster. It also means that gameplay-wise, aside from refinements and tweaks, there aren't (at least until now) big surprises.

The melee system is slowly drifting toward an Arkham Asylum-esque battle system, which is definitely a good thing, even though the game is obviously more shooter-oriented, and enemy placement doesn't allow for an all-out melee approach.

The overall package is plain ND-style, classy and clever. The level of detail is astounding, can't wait to try it in 3d (set pieces, level design and camera placement already show how much the game is 3d-oriented).

I'm so glad Uncharted is back. It's linear and dangerously scripted at times but it always manages to put a smile on your face.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
metareferential said:
Played a couple hours till chapter 8 I guess. The game is great, it's Uncharted, so you know what to expect: a visual masterpiece that plays like a rollercoaster. It also means that gameplay-wise, aside from refinements and tweaks, there aren't (at least until now) big surprises.

The melee system is slowly drifting toward an Arkham Asylum-esque battle system, which is definitely a good thing, even though the game is obviously more shooter-oriented, and enemy placement doesn't allow for an all-out melee approach.

The overall package is plain ND-style, classy and clever. The level of detail is astounding, can't wait to try it in 3d (set pieces, level design and camera placement already show how much the game is 3d-oriented).

I'm so glad Uncharted is back. It's linear and dangerously scripted at times but it always manages to put a smile on your face.

Compare to Uncharted 2 NOW

PLEASE

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Papercuts said:
It was rarely even an option in UC2, you could only stealth when it let you.

Wow, is it easy for you to spout such complete and utter bullshit?

I got through 90% of the combat scenarios on Crushing purely through stealth. The fuck is you talking about, son?

Papercuts

MrOogieBoogie said:
Wow, is it easy for you to spout such complete and utter bullshit?

I got through 90% of the combat scenarios on Crushing purely through stealth. The fuck is you talking about, son?

How the hell did you manage that? Even when I was playing through with an unlimited arrow crossbow the AI just KNEW where I was.

Chateau is absolutely gorgeous! I don't know what deal ND made with the devil to get this game looking and running like it does, but damn they just raise the bar every time.

I love the slow burn of the beginning; you're not dumped right into the middle of a gunfight, things escalate, and the pacing is on point. I had to turn it off before I get too sucked up into it; gotta be at the gym at 6am. I could play through this thing in one sitting if I had the time, it's that good. One criticism I will give it; Drake almost has too many animations. I heard a reviewer state that a couple of days ago, and thought, "What is he talking about?", but I can sort of understand now. Sometimes it takes a little too much time for Drake to transition between moves, and he will get hung up on things once and awhile. He felt a tad clumsy to control at first compared to U2, but I quickly got the hang of it; it's definitely a different feel. The aiming can be a little wonky at times too; I had to tweak the sensitivity a bit. Headshots seem harder to get. Overall I would say the hype is well warranted so far.

Tigel

hullostranger said:
Just got the game. Haven't been this excited in ages! :D

It makes me rage so hard when the developers don't bother to hide the game's title beside the logo in the XMB >:[

I still envy you though :(

Top Bottom