• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

rukland

It's just the install the first time you start up the game.

Thanks I still had two hard reboots before I had to pull the desk out and clean it before it worked. Some how there was like cardboard lint on it ... but it works now and I can't wait to jump into tomorrow morning

gdt

Okay, time to bring up a weird bug that's been bothering since I got the game, but I don't know if it's UC3 specific, don't really play other games online.

Basically, every once and a while, sometimes twice a day, the game won't recognize my online pass, so I have to go to my download history and re download it. Same with the UC3 Fortune Hunter's Club theme, it just disappears for no reason and I have to re download it.

Not the biggest deal, but it's a pain going through a bunch of loading screens then having to back out into the store, re download, then boot up the game again.

Anyone ever have this?

epmode

So now that I finally got to play this game... WTF happened to
Elena
? It's like the artists lost the original model and just went from memory. Yikes.

jax (old)

Banned
Keep? He dives and swims under water if you hold down circle but eventually he comes up for air.

rethis+treasure:

just went to
syria's water chamber/spiderroom with the globe thing
. I shot a treasure down off the beam and it dropped into the water and I couldn't figure out how to get him to dive down deep enough to get it.

rethis+treasure:

just went to
syria's water chamber/spiderroom with the globe thing
. I shot a treasure down off the beam and it dropped into the water and I couldn't figure out how to get him to dive down deep enough to get it.

Get under it then shoot it then mash triangle

Finished it last night!!! Amazing game, started a bit slow imo but it really picked up by Chapter 10.

Gonna start my Crushing playthrough tonight. With the aim-patch coming out yesterday and how much better it feels now, I can't wait!!! :D

I loved the final boss too!!!

Cyborg

Downloaded the patch....I dont see any diference! Can anyone help. I played first 4 chapters and stoped (waited for the patch) I downloaded the patch and started playing but no improvements.

Help?

Robot Pants

On my 2nd playthrough.
Man, I really love this game. From chapter 11 on, the game is just fantastic. It's good before that too (Everything about The Chateau level is perfect in my opinion), but once you get to 11, the game just gets better and better. Still a bit disappointed with the ending, but the story is better the 2nd time through.

Hanmik

Ok I Platinumed this game last week. Had a blast with it all the time. .. Downloaded the patch last night. And tried some of the sections that supposedly should look "MUCH" better after the motion blur patch. But nothing stood out.. it all look very much the same as before. I might be blind, but motion blur did nothing to make the game look better. You can swing the camera around and notice the blur, but that is about it..

could someone please point me to a video showing this "amazing" difference between Motion blur and without..? I really don´t see much difference. Tha game looks fantastic though, so it soesn´t matter that much. I just wanted to expirience the "Amazing" new effects after the patch..

And regarding the Aim patch.. ehhh. What changed..? I tried the Plane sequence with the new aim on and off.. I really do not notice anything new.. it feels the same for me.. what the fuck am I doing wrong.. ? lol

jett

D-Member
Ok I Platinumed this game last week. Had a blast with it all the time. .. Downloaded the patch last night. And tried some of the sections that supposedly should look "MUCH" better after the motion blur patch. But nothing stood out.. it all look very much the same as before. I might be blind, but motion blur did nothing to make the game look better. You can swing the camera around and notice the blur, but that is about it..

could someone please point me to a video showing this "amazing" difference between Motion blur and without..? I really don´t see much difference. Tha game looks fantastic though, so it soesn´t matter that much. I just wanted to expirience the "Amazing" new effects after the patch..

And regarding the Aim patch.. ehhh. What changed..? I tried the Plane sequence with the new aim on and off.. I really do not notice anything new.. it feels the same for me.. what the fuck am I doing wrong.. ? lol

The aiming difference is subtle, no matter what anyone says. You can move the reticle diagonally easier now. Motion blur makes more of a difference in multiplayer to be honest with the constant explosions and craziness going on. But it's also a subtle approach, nothing like Killzone or God of War 3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The aiming does feel better in the SP. Not as good as UC2, but it was better than what we had before.

Tonight has been a terrible night to play solo on MP for me. Matchmaking has been pairing me up with shitty teams. Fucking scores like 1-15...ugh...and they're from high level players too. And the worst part is I leave the lobby once the match is over to look for new players, and it pairs me up with the same team again!

jorma

is now taking requests
question: i keep seeing references to "the problems with UC3" in other threads i read. I havent been able to get to this game due to a lot of BF3 and Skyrim killing all my time, but i guess that i'll soon play this game and i was wondering what these "issues" were?

question: i keep seeing references to "the problems with UC3" in other threads i read. I havent been able to get to this game due to a lot of BF3 and Skyrim killing all my time, but i guess that i'll soon play this game and i was wondering what these "issues" were?

Issues are fixed.

Massa

The aiming does feel better in the SP. Not as good as UC2, but it was better than what we had before.

Tonight has been a terrible night to play solo on MP for me. Matchmaking has been pairing me up with shitty teams. Fucking scores like 1-15...ugh...and they're from high level players too. And the worst part is I leave the lobby once the match is over to look for new players, and it pairs me up with the same team again!

That's what you get for playing boring TDM. Go play Team Objective. :)

Thrakier

Karma.

Played up to chapter 11 before the patch and decided to quit until the patch came out. More than two weeks later and the game has finally been patched! I played from chapter 11 to the end of the game today and it was amazing... the graphics in particular were just jaw dropping, almost hard to believe those visuals are coming from the PS3

Through chapter 12 now. It's getting better, but the relentless funneling is really getting old at the same time. I liked the big ol' battle at the
shipyard
in chapter 12, but overall the game seems more constricting than Uncharted 2.

I've also run into several bugs; Chloe got stuck in the floor (with just the top of her head sticking out); and I accidentally leaned a puzzle piece against a wall, after which point it was impossible to pick it up again (thus I had to restart the puzzle). I've also seen some unbelievably dumb AI behavior -- not just dumb but idiotic/glitched. Finally the whole "no flinching when getting shot" thing is really not good.

So far I'm conflicted. On the one hand no one really makes an adventure/shooter game this good... on the other hand this thing clearly could have used another 3 months of polishing and balancing. I'd love to see what Naughty Dog can come up with with a 3-year dev cycle.

The aiming difference is subtle, no matter what anyone says.

You crazy, mang.

jett

D-Member
Motion blur BOMBA: In chapter 14 it's completely disabled outdoors, and once indoors the full-screen blur is enabled but the per-object blur is still off. Dat water + dat blur is dat too much for the game to handle. Maybe someone forgot to re-enable blur for the rest of the game just before release? :p

Aiming was borked and on the sticky side and motion blur was missing to NDs surprise. It was intended to be there but some kind of bug turned it off in the retail copy. Motion blur is back and the aiming is very much improved.

Aiming is as sticky as always. Maybe ever stickier. But it is easier to move the reticle around.

Massa

Motion blur BOMBA: In chapter 14 it's completely disabled outdoors, and once indoors the full-screen blur is enabled but the per-object blur is still off. Dat water + dat blur is dat too much for the game to handle. Maybe someone forgot to re-enable blur for the rest of the game just before release? :p

Chapter 14 is right near the middle of the game, maybe that's where the streaming problem they found days before the release started...

Anyway, this is unacceptable. I demand an apology from ND.

Loudninja

Aiming is as sticky as always. Maybe ever stickier. But it is easier to move the reticle around.
R3 was the same way, motion blur do not like water. :p

Mikey Jr.

/Buys Batman: AC
/Enjoys playing it for a few hours
/Urge to play UC3 multi rising.....
/Puts in UC3

Dammit. Batman is a great game, don't get me wrong, but the urge to play UC3 multi is strong. God damn the MP is crack for me.

JB1981

I hope that I get to SPOILERS
chase Talbot again, but this time BEAT THE **** OUT OF HIM.

Don't tell me if that happens. I actually really liked that sequence, even though it was "linear" and "scripted."

master15

Now that game was patched last two days been on a crushing Marathon. The game is good, at times great but doesn't have the same consistency as Uncharted 2 for me.

I was extremely disappointed in the storyline, that went nowhere during the end. Still the controls were a lot more bearable during this replay (Even though there was a few sections which still had me cursing).

All in all, I can't wait to get more stuck into co-op arena. For those interested please add me on PSN.

deepbrown

I just completely stealthed the whole big area in Syria, all the way from the rocket launcher run to when you discover the empty closet room. That was about eight guys in a row!

It's possible and Cutter didn't alert them (like I thought he did before)! So satisfying!

I've actually stealthed quite a lot of it in this Crushing replay. The secret is to think on two levels as you can jump on guys from above. And move as fast as you can!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I feel like I really understand the pacing in this game now. It's like naughty dog wanted to remedy all the complaints that were in the last two games but they couldn't figure out a way to make it work and flow within their set pieces and action.

For example in the first part of the game the genre mostly an adventure game where you solve puzzles exploring many different and exotic locales where you hardly ever shoot anything. I feel like in order to cater to the adventure/puzzle crowd from the first game naughty dog crammed everything they could into the beginning because let's face it, you can't have a straight action game with puzzles breaking up your action. Then in order to cater to their uncharted 2 fanbase they saturated the end game content with copious amounts of action. This explains why after chapter 11 there are absolutely no puzzles in the game and it becomes a pure action game.

I hope that I get to SPOILERS
chase Talbot again, but this time BEAT THE **** OUT OF HIM.

Don't tell me if that happens. I actually really liked that sequence, even though it was "linear" and "scripted."

That wass easily one of my favourite parts in the game. It felt so.....REAL!

After the patch, I tried out the
shipyard
level again. Getting headshot is so much easier to achieve with the patched controls.

jackdoe

Just finished the game on hard. Great fun. Cutter is a great character and I hope he comes back for any potential sequel.

There were only two or three "fuck you" moments, but man were they brutal as hell. Still managed to get through them okay and on my second playthrough on crushing, I should be able to make sure I have the proper weapons for those segments.

Just finished the game on hard. Great fun. Cutter is a great character and I hope he comes back for any potential sequel.

There were only two or three "fuck you" moments, but man were they brutal as hell. Still managed to get through them okay and on my second playthrough on crushing, I should be able to make sure I have the proper weapons for those segments.

Heh. I played U2 on Normal and then very soon on Hard so I knew exactly what was coming.

Then two years later I played U2 on Crushing while waiting for this patch. That sucked, hahaha. In a few places. Like this one spot where suddenly a rocket guy destroys the building you're in, and you're stuck with nowhere to run, with a veritable army advancing on you across a bridge, a sniper and RPG guy in the distance. I had something like 3 Desert bullets, some M4 bullets, and one grenade. Massive suckage.

Also I had no grenades for train boss guy.

I just completely stealthed the whole big area in Syria, all the way from the rocket launcher run to when you discover the empty closet room. That was about eight guys in a row!

It's possible and Cutter didn't alert them (like I thought he did before)! So satisfying!

I've actually stealthed quite a lot of it in this Crushing replay. The secret is to think on two levels as you can jump on guys from above. And move as fast as you can!

done it before ( before any patches )..cutter always stay crouched ..and only move when you're spotted .. so he can't allert ennemies ( because they never go near the area where he is ).
Yes it's very satisfying ( less considering the time he takes to climb up to continue afterwards )

jax (old)

Banned
I feel like I really understand the pacing in this game now. It's like naughty dog wanted to remedy all the complaints that were in the last two games but they couldn't figure out a way to make it work and flow within their set pieces and action.

For example in the first part of the game the genre mostly an adventure game where you solve puzzles exploring many different and exotic locales where you hardly ever shoot anything. I feel like in order to cater to the adventure/puzzle crowd from the first game naughty dog crammed everything they could into the beginning because let's face it, you can't have a straight action game with puzzles breaking up your action. Then in order to cater to their uncharted 2 fanbase they saturated the end game content with copious amounts of action. This explains why after chapter 11 there are absolutely no puzzles in the game and it becomes a pure action game.

there's a lot of walking bits though. Its almost like they thought "PEOPLE LOVE THE NEPAL VILLAGE" lets give them 5-6x that. and there's walking and there's "adventure game bits".

derp!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
there's a lot of walking bits though. Its almost like they thought "PEOPLE LOVE THE NEPAL VILLAGE" lets give them 5-6x that.

derp!

yeah nepal totally escaped my memory. there's more of that in UC3 than any other entry in the series and funny enough UC3 is still shorter lol.

JB1981

The story also calls for it. So is, ya know, that

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow, Chapters 12-14 are clearly the low point in the whole Uncharted series. What a terrible segment of the game, location, and general enemy bullshit. I'm really finding this game hard for me to complete once, let alone come back and platinum. It's highly likely I'll shelve this should I ever complete the game, and never look back.

Hopefully ND is looking to a new IP for PS4.

Wow, Chapters 12-14 are clearly the low point in the whole Uncharted series. What a terrible segment of the game, location, and general enemy bullshit. I'm really finding this game hard for me to complete once, let alone come back and platinum. It's highly likely I'll shelve this should I ever complete the game, and never look back.

Some of my favorite chapters in the game. :) I really enjoy gunplay in Uncharted, but it does take some time to get used to.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I can't believe that people can not like them. That section has the best and most open ended fights in the entire game. So many options, and as well as one of the largest arenas in the series. In fact, it is my favorite part of the game.

Top Bottom