• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Papercuts said:
How the hell did you manage that? Even when I was playing through with an unlimited arrow crossbow the AI just KNEW where I was.

Because I'm the goddamned Batman.

No, but seriously, I just have a very good feel for stealth gaming.

Luthos

MrOogieBoogie said:
Because I'm the goddamned Batman.

No, but seriously, I just have a very good feel for stealth gaming.
Yea I remember trying to stealth a lot on my crushing (or hard) run and you can do it a surprisingly large amount of the time.

Plus, what's the harm in it? Stealth until you get caught, then it just turns into a firefight.

edit: also, goddamn I need to get out of this thread. It's making the wait harder hearing all these awesome impressions.

dreamfall

Got to Chapter Ten, fucking astoundingly beautiful. Chapter 2 really was incredible-
So happy to see Elena FINALLY again!
lovelovelove- Marlowe is dastardly!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So for someone who's seen all the trailers, does it feel like they've shown too much when you play the game? I don't think I've seen last two trailers, but still wondering.

Wario64 said:
Holllllyy fuck

Gonna go to sleep and finish this game tomorrow.
Lol, screw you. Screw you all.

The Lamp

Holy craaaaaaap

I gotta finish all my projects for this week and next so that I'm in the clear for sitting down and playing this game non-stop.

I demand moar impressions! :)

Toki767

Lord Error said:
So for someone who's seen all the trailers, does it feel like they've shown too much when you play the game? I don't think I've seen last two trailers, but still wondering.

Lol, screw you. Screw you all.
Honestly. They hardly showed you anything at all. Seems like they only showed snippets of 4 or 5 chapters at the most.

I feel my first impressions were a bit sterile: let's get this straight, the game is fuck-awesome, and while I still have to see the most amazing sequences, it already feels somewhat better than Uncha 2. The opening is low-profile but incredibly fun, it feels like The Snatch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Toki767 said:
Honestly. They hardly showed you anything at all. Seems like they only showed snippets of 4 or 5 chapters at the most.
That's so good to hear. I felt about the same when it comes to UC2. They showed a lot, but there was still so much to see.

krioto

Ah man - this thread is torture. Day off work but no delivery yet. I'm playing UC2 to tide me over - chapter 17 oh yeah

Raonak

Banned
FUCK YOU ALL.

I have to wait 5 more days :(:(:(:(:(

This is getting unbearable. Atleast it gives me time to get through U1 and U2.

GlamFM

Banned
I´m 3 hours in and a little disappointed.

For some reason it does not grab me as the second one did.

The gameplay has not evolved at all. I don´t like the shooting part and the platforming has gotten so easy that it could as well just be a cutscene.

I still loooove the story, but right now I´m forcing myself through the gameplay parts to push the story forward.

Still a great game, but I expected a little more. Maybe because the jump from 1 to 2 was so big.

rhino4evr

So based on Gaf early reactions, it seems like Part 3 may be just as good as part 2, but not better. Lack of innovation in gameplay from the two games seems like the biggest complaint. Which is exactly what I figured. The jump from Uncharted to Uncharted 2 was immense, I don't think ND could have had a higher bar to meet.

Toki767

rhino4evr said:
So based on Gaf early reactions, it seems like Part 3 may be just as good as part 2, but not better. Lack of innovation in gameplay from the two games seems like the biggest complaint. Which is exactly what I figured. The jump from Uncharted to Uncharted 2 was immense, I don't think ND could have had a higher bar to meet.
Up to chapter 19 now. I must say 3 is definitely better than 2. Everything is much more varied and there are a ton of memorable moments so far.
I will say though that I think pacing was a bit better in 2 because it seemed to flow together better instead of jumping from location to location.

GlamFM

Banned
rhino4evr said:

Sounds about right. But I would say that UC3 might even be a little step back gameplay wise.
It really feels too much "on rails" at times for me.

Raonak

Banned
rhino4evr said:

Not really- there are impressions before saying it already was better than U2.

Chinner

Banned
rhino4evr said:
have you even been reading the impressions? try harder bro, try harder

Varth

GlamFM said:
I´m 3 hours in and a little disappointed.

For some reason it does not grab me as the second one did.

The gameplay has not evolved at all. I don´t like the shooting part and the platforming has gotten so easy that it could as well just be a cutscene.

I still loooove the story, but right now I´m forcing myself through the gameplay parts to push the story forward.

Still a great game, but I expected a little more. Maybe because the jump from 1 to 2 was so big.

It's definitely slower to take off compared to the second in terms of rythm and challenge. But in the end, I'd choose its more balanced rythm and structure over the 2nd any day.

Thas said, U2 still has one of the best incipit EVER.

Chinner said:
have you even been reading the impressions? try harder bro, try harder

Seriously. It’s way too early to be making silly comments like that. I mean the game hasn’t even officially come out yet! -_-

And I hardly think two people represent the hundreds of people that post on GAF. Most that have the game are blown away.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, Uncharted 2 was a show-off game for me. I showed it to my parents, and just about any non-gamer I could. The only thing that killed me was the opening beach bar cutscene and the bottle Drake drinks out of and how bad it was modeled. Please tell me the opening to this game looks flawless, and doesn't have anything that sticks out like that!

:p

Raonak

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
So, Uncharted 2 was a show-off game for me. I showed it to my parents, and just about any non-gamer I could. The only thing that killed me was the opening beach bar cutscene and the bottle Drake drinks out of and how bad it was modeled. Please tell me the opening to this game looks flawless, and doesn't have anything that sticks out like that!

:p

Oh god, yes. I remember that horrible bottle. How did that ever get past them. Looks so bad in comparison to anything else nate touches.

Top Bottom