• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

1.05.026 (Patch 1.05) 2/21/12

Integrated bandwidth testing for hosts, so only hosts with optimum connections will be permitted to become game hosts (will help improve gameplay experience for everyone)
Fixed an issue in which, under some circumstances, some players of a party would be left in the lobby while others went into Matchmaking and played matches

Medal fixes for Fort - Adventure Mode specific medals; all medal icons now show up appropriately and medals can be obtained in-game

Yes!
Lag and party splitting addressed in one patch!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Are those all the title update notes?

I really do hope that the splitting is fixed...I know it says it on the notes, but you never know...

it's also nice that the host with the better connection will always be top priority now for less laggy games.

SpikedGunner said:
Crushing requires at least 2 votes otherwise it goes down to Hard, similarly if someone picks a harder difficultly and another picks an easier one, the harder will need another vote or else the easier one will be selected.
This is so dumb, IMO.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, I have to do that constantly when I play with friends. I hope it's fixed because previously they had done a 'fix', but it really didn't do anything.

With the better host always being top priority now, does this mean that the intro sequences to the Airstrip and London Underground will be less laggy now? If so, that would be an incredible improvement.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Then vote for something else.

Exactly this! If they are not prepared for it, then why don't they vote? It's not my fault that they forgot to do it. My vote shouldn't be tossed away to the side like it means nothing. It should be counted and it should be Crushing if I vote for it and no one else does.

With the better host always being top priority now, does this mean that the intro sequences to the Airstrip and London Underground will be less laggy now? If so, that would be an incredible improvement.
Yeap! I've been campaigning for this feature since the Summer beta... everyone wanted those sequences to be removed, while I just wanted ND to improve the host selection algorithm, which they did. Better late than never! :)

WinFonda

Any reviews on the lag guys? I haven't had a chance to check it out, probably won't until the weekend.
First few games I played tonight at around 11:30 PM CST were flawless. I was playing TDM so lag on levels like London Underground are immediately noticeable in the opening on rails / train sections. It was weird seeing that section play out lag free.

In another mode I was using shotgun and the kills happened as soon as the shot did, so again, very little lag. G-MAL seemed to be a particularly effective and popular choice in all the games I was playing as well. Everything seems better with less lag, and G-MAL might be a case of the best getting better.

As the night wore on (and into morning) the games deteriorated and lag showed up again. It might have been my connection acting up, or it may have been that I was getting paired with more overseas people (and I definitely was, judging by the languages spoke)

So yeah, I'd say they definitely made some good improvements to it.

Now they really need to address the leaving issue that is plaguing the community!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Eric from ND said:
We are looking into why this isn't available on the US store yet. We will update you as soon as we have word from the PSN team.

We are pushing so it will go up on the US PSN store today.
Hopefully it is sorted out and we get them today.

Yeap! I've been campaigning for this feature since the Summer beta... everyone wanted those sequences to be removed, while I just wanted ND to improve the host selection algorithm, which they did. Better late than never! :)
I played some TDM yesterday, but since I have the DLC (not the flashback pack #2 obviously), the airstrip and london underground didn't appear in any of the map selection votes for some reason so I couldn't test those areas out.

and apparently, there's a major game breaking glitch on The Plaza from flashback pack #2 that is so easy to do which allows you to shoot everyone in the entire map. :lol :lol That shit better be fixed ASAP ND.

Edit: just saw it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

SxP

and apparently, there's a major game breaking glitch on The Plaza from flashback pack #2 that is so easy to do which allows you to shoot everyone in the entire map. :lol :lol That shit better be fixed ASAP ND.

Oh man, you don't even have to do anything fancy. Just walk somewhere and bam!

Hopefully it is sorted out and we get them today.

Edit: just saw it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Yeah, after installing the maps i went on a sightseeing tour in custom match and discovered it within a minute of loading the map. Baffling how this passed testing, it's not like you have to put in some effort to access it, you just walk into it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You know, I would type something like, "I can't believe Naughty Dog didn't see that glitch", but after the god knows how many glitches that were in Uncharted 2, I AM NOT SURPRISED.

Geez, that shit better be fixed soon. It's game breaking.

Gonna download the maps now. Thanks for the heads up fellas!

EDIT: Speak of the devil!

Users in the EU and Asia have been affected by a glitch on the Plaza map that will drop the player into the level geometry when they enter into a certain alleyway on the map. We are issuing a fix for this map that will be live immediately. Here are the details:

For Competitive Modes

- We have added a stack of cars to prevent players from accessing the affected area

For Co-op Arena and Hunter Arena modes

- Added a death region to the affected area, which will instantly kill a player if they travel into it.

- Removed Plaza from the Hunter Matchmaking playlist

These fixes will be in place GLOBALLY. That means when the US players download the DLC today from the PS Store it will be in effect on their Plaza map. We will keep it on the map until we can ensure the proper DLC files are available via the PSN store in your region. Once this is confirmed we will assess if we can return the area to its original state or keep the fix in place.

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if you have any further questions. See you online!

Nice and quick!

Mikey Jr.

You know, I would type something like, "I can't believe Naughty Dog didn't see that glitch", but after the god knows how many glitches that were in Uncharted 2, I AM NOT SURPRISED.

Geez, that shit better be fixed soon. It's game breaking.

Gonna download the maps now. Thanks for the heads up fellas!

EDIT: Speak of the devil!

Nice and quick!

Definitely feels like a ghetto solution.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's only ghetto in co-op, but whatever. It's fixed now so I can't complain and the fix came relatively fast. New title update too which is for the fix.

i knew their live patching was powerfull but they can add cars live into a map just like that ?
it they can do that they can add pretty much any object in the game ....
that's pretty powerfull .

i thought their live patching was limited to damage area , weapon spawns or player spawn ( or siege zones) .. you know global rules in effect for everyone ...

This means that they can tweaks the map however they want that's intresting ..

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was so excited to play on the DLC maps to see how they play out and I could not for the life of me play on them at ALL tonight. They never appeared to vote. Never. So I thought of giving co-op arena a shot to see if they appeared there to vote with randoms and nothing. The only way I got to play the new maps was by doing a custom co-op arena game with friends. Wtf is up with that?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
I was so excited to play on the DLC maps to see how they play out and I could not for the life of me play on them at ALL tonight. They never appeared to vote. Never. So I thought of giving co-op arena a shot to see if they appeared there to vote with randoms and nothing. The only way I got to play the new maps was by doing a custom co-op arena game with friends. Wtf is up with that?
yep had same problem

SxP

Yeah, I had the same problem yesterday but I figured people just didn't have the chance to download the new maps yet. Hopefully I get to play them today.

Mikey Jr.

Probably a good deal of people don't know about it yet. I mean, the store was delayed, and when it did come back, it wasn't up there.

When the XMB message comes up is probably when we'll see a higher amount of players coming in.

Mikey Jr.

Lol, the coverup of cars in Plaza to hide the glitch is fucking hilarious.

It is so out of place and obviously rushed. Not a big deal, but pretty funny.

God damn the multiplayer in this game is so addictive. I play almost exclusively Team Objective since it's the mode with the most variety and the least frustrating gametype for guys who aren't god-like at the game. Facility is by far my least favourite stock map so far, followed by City of Brass. I've put about 30hrs into it, and it hasn't got old yet :). I'm glad ND is going to support this game for a while, and I'm definitely excited for what The Last of Us multiplayer is going to bring.

Yea one thing I can definitely agree on is ND has been stepping it up and supporting this game a lot since release. I mean already it's 19 maps in the game, a coop adventure DLC and more DLC to come.

Now as for the map issue, I heard that the EU version is different from the US version. You can check it out on the village. I have the US version and I don't have two snipers across from each other. The sniper on the heroes side is replaced with the mag 5 and the sniper is where the mag 5 used to be. EU players are not being matched up with US players and US players most probably don't even have the DLC and then on top of that matchmaking searches for best connection. It probably checks to see who has which DLC and if everyone in the lobby doesn't own FB#2 then either retail maps or FB#1(if owned by all players) will show up.

I played for hours last night and today and I never played a match on the maps. I went to coop arena and got to play on The Village.

Mikey Jr.

Yea one thing I can definitely agree on is ND has been stepping it up and supporting this game a lot since release. I mean already it's 19 maps in the game, a coop adventure DLC and more DLC to come.

Now as for the map issue, I heard that the EU version is different from the US version. You can check it out on the village. I have the US version and I don't have two snipers across from each other. The sniper on the heroes side is replaced with the mag 5 and the sniper is where the mag 5 used to be. EU players are not being matched up with US players and US players most probably don't even have the DLC and then on top of that matchmaking searches for best connection. It probably checks to see who has which DLC and if everyone in the lobby doesn't own FB#2 then either retail maps or FB#1(if owned by all players) will show up.

I played for hours last night and today and I never played a match on the maps. I went to coop arena and got to play on The Village.

Yeah, saw some EU guy checking out Village and he was looking at a t-bolt through another t-bolt.

Then I saw an American guy reviewing Village, checking out where the power weapons are, he was confused as to why there was no t-bolt.

Very odd.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
God damn the multiplayer in this game is so addictive. I play almost exclusively Team Objective since it's the mode with the most variety and the least frustrating gametype for guys who aren't god-like at the game. Facility is by far my least favourite stock map so far, followed by City of Brass. I've put about 30hrs into it, and it hasn't got old yet :). I'm glad ND is going to support this game for a while, and I'm definitely excited for what The Last of Us multiplayer is going to bring.

Team Objective is the best mode in the entire MP to me! My favorite mode ever! I never get tired of it and despite knowing what the objectives will be and where they'll be at, it never gets stale. So much fun especially when I play with friends. 3 TDM is a second favorite. Give that a shot if you haven't!

Team Objective is the best mode in the entire MP to me! My favorite mode ever! I never get tired of it and despite knowing what the objectives will be and where they'll be at, it never gets stale. So much fun especially when I play with friends. 3 TDM is a second favorite. Give that a shot if you haven't!

Yeah for the most part I'd say it brings the best out of random teams. I'm scared to download the DLC maps since I'll probably be put into games with all level 75 players haha. UC2 and UC3 are by far my most played MP games this gen.

Yeah, saw some EU guy checking out Village and he was looking at a t-bolt through another t-bolt.

Then I saw an American guy reviewing Village, checking out where the power weapons are, he was confused as to why there was no t-bolt.

Very odd.

Would you or someone else from the US that has the second map pack be so kind and check something for me on The Village? Someone on the ND forums mentioned that he can't get to the old Desert Eagle spawn (the riot shield building) by climbing the wooden door that is facing the old U2 GAU spawn. I was surprised at this, since it was one of the first things i did when i checked out the map on wednesday. I can understand different weapon spawns between the EU and US versions, but to not be able to climb up there would be such a random change for the worse in a game that prides itself on its traversal, that i cannot fathom why they would do it, unless it's an unfinished version of the map.

Though some people on the forum are saying that ND (Eric?) mentioned that EU got an old version of the maps and that the US one is newer, which would seem odd (didn't find a link for that though, it could have been misinterpreted for all i know). I get why they would replace the two T-Bolts on the old Dragon Sniper spawns, but the US layout also has only one shotgun and it's on the hero side, so that doesn't sound like a final version to me (but then again, there's also only one T-Bolt now on the hero side in Cave, so who knows).

Anyway, can someone confirm that you really can't climb up that door in the US FBMP #2? I still hope that when they fix the maps so that the EU and US versions will be the same, the final version won't have gimped traversal. I don't care much for the weapon spawns, but that climbing spot has saved my skin or given me the upper hand hundreds of times in U2, so i'd hate to see it removed, whether it be intentional or not.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Another day where I didn't get to play any of the new DLC maps in matchmaking. wtf. :\

Don't have time right now, but I'll be taking pictures of broken parts that should be fixed in the DLC. These maps didn't have any problems on Uncharted 2 whatsoever, but the 'updated' versions for UC3 are broken as hell and it annoys me to no end.

#1 defender, I know where the GAU was in UC2, but I'm not entirely sure what part you are talking about. In that area though, I noticed that if you're in the middle of the hut thing, you can't climb up anymore, which you could in UC2.

#1 defender, I know where the GAU was in UC2, but I'm not entirely sure what part you are talking about. In that area though, I noticed that if you're in the middle of the hut thing, you can't climb up anymore, which you could in UC2.

Can you still climb up here in your version?

5X2jO.jpg

I'm not exactly sure though which spot you mean though. Looking forward to your pictures, wonder if they are things that i have or would have noticed myself. Some of the changes i have noticed are that you can't climb the statue down the hallway in Temple anymore, as well as the doorway on the upper side of the same hallway. Another thing that bothers me is that they added a bar to the wooden wall between the rpg spawn and the shotgun spawn, so that it takes 3 button presses to climb over it now instead of two, or two presses before you can pull someone down instead of one. It's a deliberate change, but i don't agree with it since the person hiding behind the wall had the higher ground anyway and now it's even harder to run up to them and do a quick pulldown, or to escape by climbing over it when you get surprised out in the open.

I just can't understand this game. How can one survive countless shots to the face? Or what about someone I start blindfiring, melee once, they melee me, I melee a second time, they survive and melee me for the kill? I mean.... WHAT?! Just so sick of this game with BS situations like that happening far too often. And I'm still sick of feeling like my character is masturbating when I fire. Fire straight you fucking moron.

My connection is fine for anyone questioning. I miss the beta. People died when shot at which I guess is asking too much.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
24hours later and I still cant play new maps. last night I found a M9 on the ground which had rate of fire and clip size mod :O how is it possible?

I just can't understand this game. How can one survive countless shots to the face? Or what about someone I start blindfiring, melee once, they melee me, I melee a second time, they survive and melee me for the kill? I mean.... WHAT?! Just so sick of this game with BS situations like that happening far too often. And I'm still sick of feeling like my character is masturbating when I fire. Fire straight you fucking moron.

My connection is fine for anyone questioning. I miss the beta. People died when shot at which I guess is asking too much.
I have all those issues and other problems like when i m using G-mal i have to shoot at least 4 burst but I die with 2 burst :D

i must have the WORST luck in uncharted MP because i got this weird bug ... YEP , playing Co-op alone ..Will post the pics later ... ( and that was monastery crushing ) ... ( a little hard to do )

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
i must have the WORST luck in uncharted MP because i got this weird bug ... YEP , playing Co-op alone ..Will post the pics later ... ( and that was monastery crushing ) ... ( a little hard to do )

LUCKY YOU!! Sometimes I wish I could do arena all by myself. Also, I miss UC2 arena so bad. :(

Top Bottom