• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

LUCKY YOU!! Sometimes I wish I could do arena all by myself. Also, I miss UC2 arena so bad. :(

Are you sure ? Look at what i got Just before the game realised that something was wrong .

fpjP7l.jpg

aWRBol.jpg

OJIlAl.jpg

As you can see , they are stuck in position.
even if i kill them , i can't proceed to the next area since i'm alone..
as you can see on the third pic, it was possible to kill them up to some point

i guess i have a gift for finding this.

Are you sure ? Look at what i got Just before the game realised that something was wrong .

As you can see , they are stuck in position.
even if i kill them , i can't proceed to the next area since i'm alone..
as you can see on the third pic, it was possible to kill them up to some point

i guess i have a gift for finding this.

Something like that happened to me in Co-Op Arena on Airstrip once. I think one guy left and then me and another guy were stuck with frozen enemies, i'm not sure though if the guy leaving was the cause. We've been fooling around for a few minutes, taking swing at the brute only to get phantom punched by him repeadetly and then quit the game after we got bored and the match wouldn't proceed.

Number45

Just about to start my crushing playthrough on this and when I start it asks if I want to keep the bonus treasures? Does my answer impact trophies I can earn or anything like that?

My blood is boiling. I can't believe this game. There is no way at all my skills have diminished from the beta no matter how many tweaks have been made. I DO NOT understand why I watch people survive EVERYTHING I throw at them. I've tried all weapons, fleet foot, firearm expert... I just want someone to die as fast as I die FFuck'sS. Pissed beyond belief. I want to have fun with this game I love and was once good at. Fuck.

Just about to start my crushing playthrough on this and when I start it asks if I want to keep the bonus treasures? Does my answer impact trophies I can earn or anything like that?

no it's just if you want to keep the track of your treasures already collected..in a way it does affect your trophies if you haven't got them all yet

Mr. Fix

My blood is boiling. I can't believe this game. There is no way at all my skills have diminished from the beta no matter how many tweaks have been made. I DO NOT understand why I watch people survive EVERYTHING I throw at them. I've tried all weapons, fleet foot, firearm expert... I just want someone to die as fast as I die FFuck'sS. Pissed beyond belief. I want to have fun with this game I love and was once good at. Fuck.
There's a huge gap inbetween the "elites" and non-elites. I'm not sure how they do it, and I'm sick of facing a full party of legacy players. Sometimes it's just 3 and they still get the higher-leveled non-partied people. So my friend and I rarely play competitive.

We also played a bit of co-op adventure on the Monastery and Fort on crushing. Got beaten pretty badly (we lost after the statue segment, against the 3 mid-bosses ;-;) but damn was it fun.

Also Arne! Let the Dogs know to bring back the UC2 co-op adventure/objective maps. Village/Sanctuary were so good, a ton of laughs, some mild rage, but all around good fun. I'd pay good $ just to try them with uc3's mechanics.

It's possible, right?

BHK3

Banned

Uncharted has this odd issue, where the more you play, the less time it takes to kill an enemy, how bizarre right?

Unfortunately I'm being serious and not a dick toward you, you can put the same amount of bullets into an opponent, come back to that guy after a few months of solid playing and it'll seem like he died quicker. Either I've fully gone looney or Uncharted is just screwed beyond belief. It's not because you're used to the game either, it literally takes less bullets to kill the enemy, it's been this way since U2 and I've never seen it with any other game. I'm not sure how else to describe it but either way, ND should have fixed these issues from U2 but since the entire product was rushed I guess they couldn't of.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've read about this issue in the ND forums, but tonight it's the first time it has ever happened to me. Basically, after a certain time period you will just lose control of EVERYTHING. You can't move, you can't shoot, you can't do NOTHING. If you press the ps button on the controller, you'll get a busy message. The only option you have is to quit the game. What the fuck man. It happened twice in a co-op arena match. I was in round 10 with over 150 kills and my character was just frozen there. It's bad enough that sometimes you'll lose control for a few seconds for some strange bizarre reason (another constant issue brought up in the ND forums), but at least that only lasts a few seconds. This piece of shit glitch or whatever it is fucks you over completely. So pissed off.

EDIT: #1 defender, I tested the area you were talking about in The Village and I can't climb up there. I just bounce off the wall. Why would they remove that when you could do it in UC2? Ugh.

This is important - EU PLAYERS – The correct and final version of Flashback Map Pack 2 is live. You will need to re-download it from your PS Store. You can do this by viewing recent purchases via the Download List (top right hand corner of your PS Store) and then selecting the Flashback Map Pack 2 content for download.

The version of the Flashback Map Pack 2 that went live in all other regions outside of the EU is the final version. Those regions will not be required to re-download. They will only be subject to the following changes.

During the time the earlier version of the DLC was live we didn’t take any maps out of the matchmaking rotation for any region. We did what was possible to fix the more glaring exploits.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/flashback_map_pack_2_update/

OK, so i have downloaded these "fixed" final versions and the exact thing i've been dreading since the reports about the differences between the US and EU versions of the DLC has happened, apart from changing power weapon spawns, which i don't give a shit about, they also removed the option to climb up this door on Village.

eMQcZ.jpg

I've been very forgiving about the issues that have plagued U3 mp recently, and some minor omissions on the revamped maps don't bother me, like the fact that you can't climb the statue in the Temple hallway anymore, since that barely factored into gameplay, but this spot right here is a major traversal point in Village. I climbed up that door to get unnoticed to the old desert eagle spawn at least 10 times per match in U2, as it would allow me to surprise people or escape and turn the tables on people chasing me, or get the drop on the otherwise. Sure i could climb up there from the other 3 sides of the building, but it's just not the same, cause you can easily be seen from all 3 directions.

This game's charm for me is all about traversal and using your environment to the fullest to get advantage on your opponents. Why in the world would a revamped version of one of the most popular maps in Uncharted mp feature gimped traversal, while there have been added new ways to get around on some of the other flashback maps like Cave, Sanctuary, and Fort? And the worst thing is i could climb that spot in U3's Village just fine until i installed the supposedly fixed version today. Why does the final version of the map have less traversal options? This may seem a minor thing to some, but for me it's the straw that broke the camel's back. I cannot express how disappointed and upset i am about this and it's severely bringing down my enjoyment of the map pack as a whole.

Please tell me this was a mistake and that it can be reverted via live update or with the next patch.

actually since the beta so changes have been made . also lv 60+ players (or legacy ) will be clearly harder since they have reflexes that you don't

Definitely not the best place to start the Uncharted series, but I just finished my first playthrough in U3.

:O

Even though I feel it was more like a movie it was an utterly amazing experience. It had me hooked throughout, and I actually felt a connection with the main characters (something I think no other game has done). I will no doubt be checking out the other two. Nathan Drake is my new hero :D

SxP

4 days and 20+ games later and I haven't seen a single new map come up in a vote. Great.

I know exactly how you feel :p

actually since the beta so changes have been made . also lv 60+ players (or legacy ) will be clearly harder since they have reflexes that you don't
I shot at an opponent sitting still behind cover with an M9 equipped with rate of fire mod. Took far too long. Those cover taking reflexes must be elite because he was tough to kill.

My shots all seemed to connect. I should record and upload a video.

Dries

Sooo.. Buying this game in a couple of days. And to get me hyped I feel like watching a movie with the same setting/locales/story or something as UC3.

Anyone have a good reccomendation? FYI, I've seen all the Indiana Jones movies.

Sooo.. Buying this game in a couple of days. And to get me hyped I feel like watching a movie with the same setting/locales/story or something as UC3.

Anyone have a good reccomendation? FYI, I've seen all the Indiana Jones movies.

Actually watching the first at this moment :D

Romancing the Stone

I'm not sure if it was you or another gaffer that recommended that in another thread, but I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me. Thanks!

Watched it a couple of days ago. Really enjoyed it.

Dries

Actually watching the first at this moment :D

I'm not sure if it was you or another gaffer that recommended that in another thread, but I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me. Thanks!

Watched it a couple of days ago. Really enjoyed it.

Lucky you! Indiana Jones is the closest thing to Uncharted! Cinema-wise at least...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I forgot to mention that yesterday night was the first time that I got to play on one of the new maps after god knows how many matches. It was Team Objective in The Temple. King of the Hill on that map is insane...

ND, you're disappointing me with the lack of the flashback #2 in matchmaking.

Definitely not the best place to start the Uncharted series, but I just finished my first playthrough in U3.

:O

Even though I feel it was more like a movie it was an utterly amazing experience. It had me hooked throughout, and I actually felt a connection with the main characters (something I think no other game has done). I will no doubt be checking out the other two. Nathan Drake is my new hero :D
In terms of the single player experience, UC1 and UC2 were both vastly superior to UC3 in my opinion. You're in for a treat.

SxP

In terms of the single player experience, UC1 and UC2 were both vastly superior to UC3 in my opinion. You're in for a treat.

I personally feel Drake's Fortune is the weakest of them all. U3 has some real dips in quality, but Drake's Fortune was just mediocre throughout the entire game.

SxP

Finally had my first match on a new map. Team Objective on Village. Game starts, chain reaction. Me and a teammate stand on 2, but the area is somehow being captured by the enemy. Look around, no enemy in sight, let alone on 2. So 2 gets captured, 1 immediately starts starts being captured by the enemy while no-one from either team is in it. Turf War same story. Some areas got automatically captured for one team only to immediately get captured for the other team.

Good job, ND. Real solid launch of the new map pack.

So I decided to start using the G-Mal instead of the AK for variety's sake. By God, it's like easy mode. The gun is pretty fun to use but I am starting to think that it is worse than the old FAL.

High damage, High Accuracy, High stopping power and Amazing Mid to Long Range use. Yea no blindfire and burst firing doesn't mean shit when you have all that. I feel like I'm cheating.

SxP

So I decided to start using the G-Mal instead of the AK for variety's sake. By God, it's like easy mode. The gun is pretty fun to use but I am starting to think that it is worse than the old FAL.

High damage, High Accuracy, High stopping power and Amazing Mid to Long Range use. Yea no blindfire and burst firing doesn't mean shit when you have all that. I feel like I'm cheating.

Yeah, I long for the days when everybody used the Fal. That thing was OP, but it's nothing compared to the G-Mal. The thing should be nerfed to 8/9 shots (3 bursts) for a kill.

Alex

Post patches and giving the game a really big try again, my opinion is still the same UC2 >UC3, but I do think a lot more highly of UC3 than I did at launch

I don't even count the original because I just don't think there's much good about it, makes me wonder if I'd enjoy the Vita one.

Tokubetsu

Everyone wanted the FAL nerfed, now everyone wants the GMAL nerfed. Hilarious. GMAL is fine and MUCH better (& balanced) than the FAL ever was.

SxP

Everyone wanted the FAL nerfed, now everyone wants the GMAL nerfed. Hilarious. GMAL is fine and MUCH better (& balanced) than the FAL ever was.

I disagree. The stopping power is one of the biggest problems of the G-Mal. Say you are not engaging someone. You are just walking towards an objective or something. With the old FAL, if you got hit twice (half of your health) it was perfectly possible to get to some cover or break the line of sight. With the G-Mal, if you get hit with one burst, you're basically standing still and you will get hit by the second burst and die. To me, that is the most frustrating thing ever.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

I agree with this. It already takes three bursts to kill people sometimes because of lag, 4 would be just ridiculous! Two bursts only when the game isn't that laggy but that's a rare occurrence with UC3.

<3 the Gmal, HATED the FAL.

after playing all three games back to back I changed my ranking from U2>U1>U3 to U1>U2>U3
I'd narrowly rank UC2 above UC1 but can appreciate why you might prefer UC1.

I really like the tighter nature of the story and setting in UC1 and found UC2 to be a little bit more 'rambling' in that sense, but would still give the nod to UC2 because I did still appreciate the wider scope it offered and loved the set pieces. UC2 had an awful boss fight though, and all the whingers on the net can take the bow for that one after not being able to get their head around a brutal combo to finish the UC1 boss (which I always felt was perfect).

I found UC3 to be well behind the first two though in both gameplay and story (which seemed a lot less focused than the previous two entries). The best thing about UC3 was the character development (specifically the Nate-Sully relationship) but that wasn't enough to book it a seat at the same table as the previous two (which were probably my favourite games this gen). I did still enjoy it though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I honestly just want an AK buff. I want rate of fire back. :(
Eddy's AK with Scoped In Gold = Domination. Eddy's AK is IMO, the best AK in the entire game.

The AK is fine. It doesn't need a buff.

The problem with the G-MAL is that it doesn't have any recoil whatsoever on top of having extreme stopping power. The only thing I'm annoyed with is that when the FAL was overpowered, no one used the GMAL. Now that it was slightly nerfed, everyone's switched to this weapon making the MP experience so stale. It just needs a reduction in stopping power and a little bit of recoil when you're trying to get someone at long distances.

Mikey Jr.

You're a noob if you use Fal, you're a noob if you use g-mal, you're a noob if you use M9 with ROF, you're a noob if you use Kal-7.

Holy fuck, there are only like 2 guns left, lol.

Eddy's AK with Scoped In Gold = Domination. Eddy's AK is IMO, the best AK in the entire game.

The AK is fine. It doesn't need a buff.

The problem with the G-MAL is that it doesn't have any recoil whatsoever on top of having extreme stopping power. The only thing I'm annoyed with is that when the FAL was overpowered, no one used the GMAL. Now that it was slightly nerfed, everyone's switched to this weapon making the MP experience so stale. It just needs a reduction in stopping power and a little bit of recoil when you're trying to get someone at long distances.

Either you are wildly exagerating to get your point across, or you haven't used the G-MAL in a while. It has noticeable recoil and on top of that it's very erratic, sometimes it pushes your aim upwards, other times it will make zig-zag lines, or move diagonally. That's hardly no recoil whatsoever. If you wan't to see a burst weapon with no recoil, boot up U2. The FAL literally has no recoil, it's ridiculous.

Massa

You're a noob if you use Fal, you're a noob if you use g-mal, you're a noob if you use M9 with ROF, you're a noob if you use Kal-7.

Holy fuck, there are only like 2 guns left, lol.

"you killed me, you're a noob".

With Uncharted 3 I had to not only mute every random but also block PSN messages from non-friends.

I just played through the entirety of U3 and HATED the combat. Popping over here it seems the patch to fix the combat was optional? WTF Naughty Dog!! I patched the game and then played through the whole game with the dog-shit combat because I didn't turn on "the fix"?

I assumed I hated the combat so much because I've been PC gaming lately and chalked it up to inferior console controls, and the time I've been away from them. Grrrrrrr.

Being locked in to melee in a sniper/rocketspawn arena isn't fun guys. Nor is trying to roll past someone and continually trying to throw their ass (unsuccessfully of course).

There were a few jumps in this game that looked impossible and I tried everything before attempting them. Nope--that was the way to go--your character animation just gets "pulled" the additional distance to let you grab the ledge.

I also enjoyed finding an empty room with a sniper rifle, getting off four shots only to instantly die by a shotgun blast to the back. Now maybe with surround sound you can hear enemies approach? No radar, and 2ch silent enemies does not make for what feels to be a fair fight.

Next time I wait for the shotgun guy before using the sniper rifle and he doesn't spawn. I have to actually start using the sniper rifle, quit using it and run to the back of the room to get the drop on him. Ugh.

Was expecting more from the ending too.

If I'd played with the patch actually active, I suspect I would have a much different perspective on this...

Why in god's name is that not the default? Does anyone here feel the pre-patch combat is good?

Wait, I need to activate the patch? I don't think I changed anything in the options, but played through it fine.

no you don't.
you have to activate an alternate controle scheme ( with a tweaked dead zone for example )
Some people were bothered by this ( the initial shipped control scheme ) i was fine with it.
Heck i played the game twice before that patch with little to no issues.
It's not a fix ..because nothing was "broken" it's an another way to controle things you have to tweak ( if you want to )

i see HDgaming42 impression and i have a hard time seeing the place where he encoutered those problems.
First radar is a big no in uncharted it defeat the entire purpose of the gameplay IMO.
Second i don't see how snipping people without taking care of your surronding actually a good idea ..( but maybe that's just me ).
i'd be sarcastic i'd bet this spawn was added just to prevent a snipe all attitude.

Massa

I just played through the entirety of U3 and HATED the combat. Popping over here it seems the patch to fix the combat was optional? WTF Naughty Dog!! I patched the game and then played through the whole game with the dog-shit combat because I didn't turn on "the fix"?

I assumed I hated the combat so much because I've been PC gaming lately and chalked it up to inferior console controls, and the time I've been away from them. Grrrrrrr.

Being locked in to melee in a sniper/rocketspawn arena isn't fun guys. Nor is trying to roll past someone and continually trying to throw their ass (unsuccessfully of course).

There were a few jumps in this game that looked impossible and I tried everything before attempting them. Nope--that was the way to go--your character animation just gets "pulled" the additional distance to let you grab the ledge.

I also enjoyed finding an empty room with a sniper rifle, getting off four shots only to instantly die by a shotgun blast to the back. Now maybe with surround sound you can hear enemies approach? No radar, and 2ch silent enemies does not make for what feels to be a fair fight.

Next time I wait for the shotgun guy before using the sniper rifle and he doesn't spawn. I have to actually start using the sniper rifle, quit using it and run to the back of the room to get the drop on him. Ugh.

Was expecting more from the ending too.

If I'd played with the patch actually active, I suspect I would have a much different perspective on this...

Why in god's name is that not the default? Does anyone here feel the pre-patch combat is good?

The combat is poor regardless of the controls.

iLLmAtlc

I think the g-mal is probably the top dog right now but a good thing about it is it's not good enough to make up for deficiency in skill IMO. Something that really annoyed me about the FAL was how noobs could kill you and if you either switch to the FAL or catch them without it you drop them like a NPC. I'm afraid if they touch the g-mal it might happen again to another weapon with everyone switching away from the g-mal.

I decided to switch to the FAL full time to see how it stacks up with the g-mal so I'll give you guys my experiences soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Either you are wildly exagerating to get your point across, or you haven't used the G-MAL in a while. It has noticeable recoil and on top of that it's very erratic, sometimes it pushes your aim upwards, other times it will make zig-zag lines, or move diagonally. That's hardly no recoil whatsoever. If you wan't to see a burst weapon with no recoil, boot up U2. The FAL literally has no recoil, it's ridiculous.
I have a GMAL loadout. I know what I'm talking about and the things you are mentioning don't happen to me at all. I've mentioned it in this thread before, but the auto aim is the only major drawback going for the GMAL (the blindfire for it sucks too). For example, if I'm aiming at someone and another person jumps in front of him, the auto aim will move your reticle towards the new person instead of the one I was originally shooting. It happens when there are multiple targets in your crosshair. And if you're not scoped in every time you're using the GMAL, you're doing it wrong. Equipping it with scoped in where you get no pain wobble and you're unstoppable. ;)

Edit:

:lol I can't believe people on the ND forums have requested cloaked to be moved to booster slot 2 just so that they don't lose their precious fleet foot. WTF is wrong with those people? Ugh.

Top Bottom