• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hao chi

1.13 is sounding pretty good. Really hoping for a classic mode though.

I'm interested to hear what the new Legacy awards are, but I don't think I'm going to Legacy again though. I'm too lazy to level up my boosters again (even though the ones I use are really easy ones to level up), and I don't want to wait until I'm level 75 to use Jade's M9.

Q: What will it take to integrate separate hitboxes?

A: We’ve addressed this on several different occasions and our stance hasn’t changed. If implemented Uncharted 3 multiplayer would not be the multiplayer game we designed. The hitboxes will remain how they are currently set up.

Oh, so now they care about that.

The answer that was given was just BS, IMO. Her name appears in the MP cast credits as well as the Subway beta having the sound files for her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oduy4SUGZMo

- - - -

From EricND:

It's hard not to get hyped, man! He also said that the patch notes are coming in July.

Wow...the fact that is in the beta of all things and they won't release her is baffling. I mean, it wasn't hard to put the characters from 1 and 2, why is Rika different? I was also kind of hoping they would put the characters from Golden Abyss (just for more choices to play, mind you) but I figure there would some equally odd explanation as to why they won't
(I would figure the "Chase doesn't use guns" reason)

As for the patch update...I'm looking forward to that. The new legacies should be fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's a user in the ND forums that got the EULA/Online User Agreement, hasn't accepted it, but his stats were reset on the ND MP website as well as his in-game stats according to his friends.

Ridiculous.

Edit:

Wtf is up with randomly exiting the game for no apparent reason? It's happened three times tonight just seconds of the match finishing...

Kanguro

Neo Member
So I caved and bought the DD map pack... I'm ashamed of myself as a consumer. At least I can play my previously purchased map pack now.

Anyway, the new maps are all great fun, except for London Streets. That map looks like it was designed for Gears Of War: there is absolutely nothing in there that takes advantage of any of the unique features of Uncharted as a TPS.

jett

D-Member
So I caved and bought the DD map pack... I'm ashamed of myself as a consumer. At least I can play my previously purchased map pack now.

Anyway, the new maps are all great fun, except for London Streets. That map looks like it was designed for Gears Of War: there is absolutely nothing in there that takes advantage of any of the unique features of Uncharted as a TPS.

I have to agree, London Streets is one of my least liked maps, it's just too flat.

hao chi

I'm fine with London Streets, but Oasis is probably my least favorite map in the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I haven't played in a while. Is there something I have to do to avoid a stat reset?
If you get the Terms of Service/EULA when you sign into the multiplayer, do NOT accept them. Restart the game, retry logging in hoping not to get it, or turn off your PS3. If you accept, you'll get reset.

TripOpt55

If you get the Terms of Service/EULA when you sign into the multiplayer, do NOT accept them. Restart the game, retry logging in hoping not to get it, or turn off your PS3. If you accept, you'll get reset.

Should I just quit the game through the XMB right from the Terms of Service screen if it pops up?

Edit: I got in without issue it seems. Thanks for the info.

Some of you may remember my rants about the MP. No more. It's clicking. I'm also playing differently. I can't pinpoint how.

BUT.... Why the hell is there no treasure hunt mode? I'm talking about scattering a bunch of sparkly treasures around for everyone to collect and the team or player (ffa and tdm supported) with the most, wins.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Post that idea in The Lab section of ND's forums. Who knows, maybe your idea could get implemented in a future lab!

That's the first thing I thought of when an MP component was announced for UC2. I pictured groups of folks racing and shooting each other to collect treasure. Thought it'd be neat.

If they want to keep the shitty "perk" system, they can have it where collecting X amount can net you in match bonuses. Or something like every five you collect, they stay in your possession. Otherwise, they disperse upon death (a la Sonic). But, again, getting five ties them to you. So if you have 7, you lose 2 when you die.

I don't want it to be a lab feature. I want a full fledged mode.

Seems the weekend brings the lag. What little mojo I had yesterday (off of work) was gone today which coincided with players stopping dead, kills registering too late, herky jerky animations. Weekdays it is then.

TripOpt55

Jumped back into the multiplayer a bit and have been having fun. All-RPGs was dumb fun and a good way to jump back in since it was such a mess, I didn't really care how I did.

Gorillaz

Jumped back into the multiplayer a bit and have been having fun. All-RPGs was dumb fun and a good way to jump back in since it was such a mess, I didn't really care how I did.

Agreed, surprised at how fun the playlist was. Thought it would have been annoying at first.

I didn't like this rendition of the RPG Lab. In Uncharted 2, I freaking loved it. This time, however, the power plays really ruined it for me.

I'm hoping for the next Lab or just a future lab, we'll get a Pistols Only Plunder. It was mad fun when I was very new to the Uncharted 2 multiplayer during the Best of the Labs playlist.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I fucking love the RPG lab. It's pure chaos and insanity. I laugh every single god damn match. Power Plays DO hinder the enjoyment of the lab though. Hate them so fucking much.

Apparently, the new lab is Sniper/Pistole 3 versus 3 Plunder...

I hated the fucking sniper only plunder lab in UC2. Nothing but fucking camping and people afraid of grabbing it. :\

We'll see how this one plays, but I am not a fan of it at this moment.

I fucking love the RPG lab. It's pure chaos and insanity. I laugh every single god damn match. Power Plays DO hinder the enjoyment of the lab though. Hate them so fucking much.

Apparently, the new lab is Sniper/Pistole 3 versus 3 Plunder...

I hated the fucking sniper only plunder lab in UC2. Nothing but fucking camping and people afraid of grabbing it. :\

We'll see how this one plays, but I am not a fan of it at this moment.

That's why I never played it anymore unless I got invited to them.

This will be my first time to play Snipers in Plunder. Didn't get the chance for that before, but it will be fun if it's Dragons & Pistoles. Boosters would be nice to have for Scoped-In/Beast Mode/Treasure Hunter. Stats better not count for this one on the count of it being Plunder. Killfarmers haven if the Lab playlist doesn't switch to the Objective KDR change.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
New lab is up. Instead of using the regular Dragon Sniper, they rolled out with the T-Bolt with 15 bullets. KDR doesn't count anymore and boosters are disabled.

I'll give it a go, but I'm still not interested.

There's a '!' in the taunt menu, but no new taunts. Guess they'll come in later.

Also, if you look in your pistol loadouts, ND gave everyone the Comic Con Para 9, which has Clip Size and Reload Speed. Basically Drake's Para 9/ND Para 9.

New lab is up. Instead of using the regular Dragon Sniper, they rolled out with the T-Bolt with 15 bullets. KDR doesn't count anymore and boosters are disabled.

There's a '!' in the taunt menu, but no new taunts. Guess they'll come in later.

Also, if you look in your pistol loadouts, ND gave everyone the Comic Con Para 9, which has Clip Size and Reload Speed. Basically Drake's Para 9/ND Para 9.

Yea, just tried the new lab, won't be playing this one much. I assume the new taunt is the one from the contest they held a few months back...and it would it kill them to unlock the Pirate AK already?

hao chi

I was using that before ND unlocked it for everyone.

/hipster

One of my friends also had most of the boosters unlocked for free today. We figured that and the '!' next to the taunts had something to do with the next patch.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Boosters? Crazy.

Apparently emblems have been unlocked, as well as taunts you've never purchased. I don't know if it's true or not since I bought everything a long time ago, but people from the ND forums have been reporting it's true. Maybe in the next patch ND will unlock everything for every one!?!

I played a lot of Lab today to form an opinion of it and I don't see myself playing it frequently like previous labs. Why? Well because as you guessed it, since you have a fucking T-bolt, people will just camp for the whole match not even attempting to grab the idol. If you're playing alone with randoms, you'll have the worst/frustrating experience ever. When you party up, it becomes somewhat tolerable only because you know you can rely on your team mate to help you. Even then, the camping definitely gets annoying because it's too efficient in this Lab due to the one hit kill of the T-bolt. You can stay at the opposite side of the map in lets say...Desert Village and still kill people trying to score the idol. Since I use back in the saddle 100% of the time, it feels like a fucking ETERNITY to respawn back and IMO, respawn time is crucial to scoring/stopping the other team. A problem also occurs when you party up because since it's 6 players, if three parties of 2 get matched up in matchmaking, one party will get split since it's 3 vs. 3. Not only that, but when you're partied up...it becomes so easy to win the match since your opponents will most likely be randoms and suck. I won a match in 3 minutes, for example. I wish I could say that out of the many games of the lab I played today that there were at least some close games...but no.

Since I play solo most of the time, I don't think I will even bother playing it. It's not that fun, and when it is, it's just boring fun. It's a been there done that with the T-Bolt and Pistole. Instead of the T-bolt, it should have been the Dragon Sniper.

haochi, I was going to invite you when my match was over, but when I checked your profile it said that you were in a match that was going to end in 18 minutes...so I figured we'd play another quick match and invite you then. Once we picked up players and were voting on the map, you sent me another one and I couldn't back out. I was tripped out since it said that your match ended in 18 minutes, lmao. Sorry!!

Something wrong with my game or something I haven't gotten a single dlc map to come up despite the DLC switch being on. I'm sick of seeing Airstrip, London, Airstrip, museum, molten ruins coming up with a dash of Chateau. It's like hardly any other maps show up.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I'm having the exact same problem with the DLC not coming up. So I had to buy two map packs just to be able to use the original one I purchased and now they're both broken? Thanks ND!

Anyway about the lab... it's OK. It seemed like I kept getting matched up against really low level players so I was getting a ridiculous amount of kills, plus capping the idol and winning every match. Nice for boosting XP / cash but kind of pointless for anything else. It does seem like scoring is feasible just because with only 3 players and the long respawn times if you take everyone out in relatively quick succession you more or less have a clear path to score. I'd have to wait and play with some higher level guys to form a better opinion.

Kanguro

Neo Member
I just got 2 Triple Threat medals and none of them counted towards my weapons expert upgrade. ND broke this shit confirmed.

hao chi

Boosters? Crazy.

haochi, I was going to invite you when my match was over, but when I checked your profile it said that you were in a match that was going to end in 18 minutes...so I figured we'd play another quick match and invite you then. Once we picked up players and were voting on the map, you sent me another one and I couldn't back out. I was tripped out since it said that your match ended in 18 minutes, lmao. Sorry!!

Shit, sorry. I didn't proofread that at all. I meant to say most of his taunts were unlocked for free. My friend said all the ones down to Pump were unlocked for free, but it sounds like some are still locked. I didn't really ask him to go into detail though.

And don't worry about it. Sounds like the friends list was lagging a bit, because after I got out of my match it said you were in Objectives with 12 minutes left, then a minute later it said you were in finding game, when I tried to invite you.

My match actually ended really fast. Facing a party of 3 in the Lab with randoms who have zero interest in the idol isn't fun.

LuuKyK

Back to playing this after a looong time. Forgot how fun it was. Still, have a lot to remember, but feel free to add me. :)

Massa

http://www.hkofferhouse.com/items/ps3/ps390544-detail.htm

ps390544.jpg

I've been playing this game way to much...

My thoughts on problems/room for improvement.

- KAL is a piece of shit. I hate all who use it. Cannot believe they actually put in a gun that helps you if you suck.

- There are glitches in the game that have been there since the subway beta. Like the grenades that don't explode, chests that are open but cannot be grabbed. What is up with that.

- Pistole, Raffica and TAU are all pretty useless, which is a shame. Micro is overused for blindfire->melee. Meh...

- Recently I keep getting kicked from a match without any reason.

- After a match I see myself being disconnected from a group a lot. Just waiting for a next match and bam, all players lost and looking for new ones. Why?

- The level weight is rediculous. I am sooooo sick of Oasis, London Streets, Graveyard and old quarters. Not only are they showing up too often but they are also pretty bad level disigns for this game. Not vertical at all!

- Sometimes I find the hitboxes for pulldowns totally crazy. Might be lag though..

There's more but can't think of anymore right now...

Oh yeah! New lab is a dissapointment;

FTGN

jett

D-Member
- There are glitches in the game that have been there since the subway beta. Like the grenades that don't explode, chests that are open but cannot be grabbed. What is up with that.

I find that happens after someone attempts to throw it back, but because of lag it doesn't register properly and gets "stuck".

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wish there was a way for me to de-level Cloaked to at least Silver or Bronze. Cloaked Gold is just bullshit and no fun to use. It really is the only slot 1 booster that has the most advantage out of everything available. Honestly, I had no problem with it before the buff it received. Now? It's just not even worth using to me because my character doesn't say shit at ALL. I might as well play UC2 with a skeleton skin.

Apparently ND fixed the glitch where you couldn't level up boosters. They also removed the Comic Con Para 9 from everyone as well as the annoying exclamation point in your profile. So much for my theory in ND unlocking everything for everyone in the upcoming patch, ha.

Can ND make a live update without screwing up anything for once? lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing a bunch of UC2 multiplayer recently and having a blast, so thought I would swing by here and see how UC3 is shaping up; last time I was here people were bitching about Fleet Foot getting nerfed and how blindfire was less OP than it used to be. So, what's the news du jour? Is the game more/less playable?

I wish there was a way for me to de-level Cloaked to at least Silver or Bronze. Cloaked Gold is just bullshit and no fun to use. It really is the only slot 1 booster that has the most advantage out of everything available. Honestly, I had no problem with it before the buff it received. Now? It's just not even worth using to me because my character doesn't say shit at ALL. I might as well play UC2 with a skeleton skin.

Apparently ND fixed the glitch where you couldn't level up boosters. They also removed the Comic Con Para 9 from everyone as well as the annoying exclamation point in your profile. So much for my theory in ND unlocking everything for everyone in the upcoming patch, ha.

Can ND make a live update without screwing up anything for once? lol

aw...I never got to use the gun. :(

oh well, wonder when the patch will be released then.

LuuKyK

- After a match I see myself being disconnected from a group a lot. Just waiting for a next match and bam, all players lost and looking for new ones. Why?

I hate these! Specially the one that you get kicked and have to wait again...

Gorillaz

My biggest prob with UC3 was gunplay, I feel there isn't much balance between the weapons. Also I feel it would have been better as weapon spawns like UC2. Tho the post launch support is strong.

- There are glitches in the game that have been there since the subway beta. Like the grenades that don't explode
If you throw a grenade to a player who has packet loss (he will see the white plug icon), then your grenade will likely freeze indefinitely and that player will be kicked out of the game.

chests that are open but cannot be grabbed. What is up with that.
That means that the host has packet loss issues.

- Recently I keep getting kicked from a match without any reason.
The host signed out through XMB, he turned off his console or his console froze.

Whenever the host leaves, then all players are lost.

I don't know if ND can do anything to improve these stuff... this is a p2p game and they have already optimized the host selection algorithm long time ago.

Stuck grenades are the best. Its like a timebomb waiting to go off.

They don't go off later though right? Or do they? I never saw that. If they do, that would be awesome.

The host signed out through XMB, he turned off his console or his console froze.

Not so sure if this is true. That would mean everybody in that game would be disconnected right? I've been playing with my brother as a team and sometimes only one of us gets kicked. Again, without reason. It seems totally random....

My biggest prob with UC3 was gunplay, I feel there isn't much balance between the weapons. Also I feel it would have been better as weapon spawns like UC2. Tho the post launch support is strong.

What do you guys think is the best long gun in the game? Including the ones that need to be unlocked? Elena's G-MAL perhaps?

Not so sure if this is true. That would mean everybody in that game would be disconnected right? I've been playing with my brother as a team and sometimes only one of us gets kicked. Again, without reason. It seems totally random....
Whenever that happens, everyone from my team is getting kicked, we see the dreaded "You were removed from the game" message box and of course we get an automatic loss... yay!

Gorillaz

What do you guys think is the best long gun in the game? Including the ones that need to be unlocked? Elena's G-MAL perhaps?

I would say the Gmal and M9, The Ak RoF is a tad bit slow but it has a nice spread. Kal-7 got nerfed to death so that's over, but at times it's fun to use.

My picks are elena's Gmal and Chloe's M9 most of the time.

LuuKyK

I use the Jade M9 but sometimes I feel like the GMAL is overpowred. :/

One question though. I still don't understand how the trophies work. I mean the ones that you get to unlock new weapons. I think I've got that Jade something 10 times already, but it still shows 1/2 instead of 2/2. How comes? Also for those that show like 3/3, but still don't do shit. -_- Could it really be more confusing?

hao chi

I use the Jade M9 but sometimes I feel like the GMAL is overpowred. :/

One question though. I still don't understand how the trophies work. I mean the ones that you get to unlock new weapons. I think I've got that Jade something 10 times already, but it still shows 1/2 instead of 2/2. How comes? Also for those that show like 3/3, but still don't do shit. -_- Could it really be more confusing?

That's just one piece in the treasure set, and you can find the same treasure piece multiple times. There's another, more rare treasure piece you still need to find to complete the set.

Andrefpvs

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while and Naughty Dog's forums are a mess. What's the last we've heard of 1.13 features and release date?

Top Bottom