• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

LuuKyK

That's just one piece in the treasure set, and you can find the same treasure piece multiple times. There's another, more rare treasure piece you still need to find to complete the set.

Oh so they are not cumulative? 1/2 is a piece and 2/2 is another one? So I can get like a thousand 1/2, they will just be the same? lol >_> okay then

Gorillaz

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while and Naughty Dog's forums are a mess. What's the last we've heard of 1.13 features and release date?

Thats an understatement, It's scaring how fast it just sunk...which is sad cause it was one of the few PS forums that had a fun community.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thats an understatement, It's scaring how fast it just sunk...which is sad cause it was one of the few PS forums that had a fun community.
I feel bad for the people on the ND forums. They've been tossed around like crazy. First ND makes their own forums on their own site during UC2 to the beta days. Easily accessible to everyone. No moderation whatsoever. Then they migrate to the PS forums with a similar "look", but still a pain to navigate threads. Still hardly any moderation. Then the PS forums get "enhanced" to this new software which makes EVERYTHING look so fucking ugly. Not only that, but prior to the forum layout that it is right now at the moment, it had the worst design in the world and was buried in different subforums that it was impossible to find it. At least now there is an Uncharted section in the main page of the PS forums. It wasn't until recently that ND decides to actually communicate with the community too on their OWN forum. :lol

Oh so they are not cumulative? 1/2 is a piece and 2/2 is another one? So I can get like a thousand 1/2, they will just be the same? lol >_> okay then
Yes. The piece you are missing is rare and the one piece you keep getting is a common treasure.

Whenever that happens, everyone from my team is getting kicked, we see the dreaded "You were removed from the game" message box and of course we get an automatic loss... yay!
Gotta love that. DAT UNFAIR LOSS.

Also love how I join an existing game only to move for like 7 seconds until the match is over giving me a loss. YAY.

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while and Naughty Dog's forums are a mess. What's the last we've heard of 1.13 features and release date?
I don't think we've heard anything new. Patch notes were supposed to come early this month, but I think EricND said that they'd come at a later date now (probably at the end of the month is my guess).

Gorillaz

It wasn't until recently that ND decides to actually communicate with the community too on their OWN forum. :lol
Damn didn't know it went through all of that, all I know is that it looks kind of ugly now

ALso if you think about it ND asked Gaf for advice before the normal site. I can understand why tho because at times the offical forums are a little immature.Still like them but they are pretty direct lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't like posting there that much. I'll read threads once in a while, but the elitist attitudes that some of the "regulars" have is annoying along with the circle jerking going around. Aside from that, people have made wonderful threads that are really great in improving the game or helping out new players.

Damn didn't know it went through all of that, all I know is that it looks kind of ugly now
It looks a lot better now, IMO. I think they changed it today or something because it didn't look like that yesterday when I checked it.

Mikey Jr.

They fixed the forums today.

It was terrible before. So many fucking icons everywhere. My eyes hurt trying to look at topics.

A problem also occurs when you party up because since it's 6 players, if three parties of 2 get matched up in matchmaking, one party will get split since it's 3 vs. 3.
It just happened right now to me!!

Why can't they make the matchmaking a little more smarter?

If you are in a party of 2, the matchmaking should never pit you against 2 parties of 2, because 1 party will always get split! Maths 101!

Absolutely ridiculous that I have to back out and get an unfair loss... I don't want to play against friends.

It just happened right now to me!!

Why can't they make the matchmaking a little more smarter?

If you are in a party of 2, the matchmaking should never pit you against 2 parties of 2, because 1 party will always get split! Maths 101!

Absolutely ridiculous that I have to back out and get an unfair loss... I don't want to play against friends.

Yeah, it happens. It hasn't happened to me and Rewrite when we play this Lab, luckily.

Oh and thanks for the games last night, hao-chi and Rewrite. Can't believe we ran into CLIQ once more, but dat two wins in a row against them was fucking sweet.

~
This Lab has its perks. I like that it's 3v3, but hate that it's T-bolt/Pistoles. It's just like if it was Hardcore rendition of Plunder, but everyone picks up a power weapon.

hao chi

Oh and thanks for the games last night, hao-chi and Rewrite. Can't believe we ran into CLIQ once more, but dat two wins in a row against them was fucking sweet.

Yeah, great games. I had a lot of fun.

I was wondering, what's the deal with CLIQ? I've played against them a bunch of times, but it seemed like there was some (possibly humorous) history there with you and Rewrite.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I do have a history with them because I get matched with them every fucking week. They always start talking mad shit in the lobby when I get put against them. I think the leader of the clan is the Darkfire guy because he is the only one who will NEVER quit. The other members have quit so many times in the past, but Darkfire never does it. Out of the many times I've faced them, I have only lost three times and those three times its because we were either outnumbered, or I was playing solo with randoms. Even the times I've lost playing solo against them, I give them a run for their money. They were always close matches. If I'm in a party though? They fucking LOSE every single time. It's so fucking hilarious because they'll resort to the cheapest loadouts and tactics to try to win, but it always backfires and they end up losing the match.

Remember our matches with them yesterday? Paid boosters, Cloaked Gold, M9 ROF with Weapon Expert, Quick Boom...they really REALLY tried hard, but still lost. They do this every single time I'm against them, even when I'm with randoms. :lol :lol

They're fun to play with, personally.

DAT CLIQ.

hao chi

So they're tryhards that suck and trash talk? Got it.

I didn't really notice their loadouts, but buying paid boosters to still get 3-0'd while in a party of four is pretty embarrassing.

For me, I just had a really bad match against them, when me and Xdye were playing TO. We had 3 crappy randoms for that game. They just loved resorting to the ROF mod and trash talking. It makes my day when my team humiliates them.

hao chi

I love responding to hate mail with something along the lines of, "Thanks, good games to you too, buddy." The sudden 180 in their behavior in their next message is usually pretty funny. :D

I'm curious... You people who seem to be great at the game: what are your loadouts? I can't seem to find anything that clicks for me. One match everything goes my way, the next 5 are fucking jokes and lead me to rethink my tactics. Not sure if that 1 match I happened to be host with an advantage or what.

jett

D-Member
I'm curious... You people who seem to be great at the game: what are your loadouts? I can't seem to find anything that clicks for me. One match everything goes my way, the next 5 are fucking jokes and lead me to rethink my tactics. Not sure if that 1 match I happened to be host with an advantage or what.

Weapon Expert L3
Bargain L3
Quick Boom
M9: Rate of Fire + Mag
Arm Micro: Rate of Fire + Mag

Gorillaz

M9 or bust

hao chi

Jade M9
Comic Con/Drake Para 9
Fleet Foot
Team Safe
Sniper or Mega Bomb/Cluster Bomb depending on the map and how my sniping is at the moment

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Awesome games tonight, haochi & GS2! Had so much fun. Prior to partying up, I was having an amazing time playing solo. There were unfair balancing, but I stood my own and won every single match with shitty randoms in TDM and Team Objective. For once I wasn't raging playing alone!

I've mentioned it before, but I change my loadouts all of the time so I never have anything permanent. However, here's what I have at the moment:

Endurance Gold
Back in the Saddle Gold
Jade AK
Chloe's TAU (lol, I got a The Long Ranger medal with the TAU today!)
Mega Bomb/T-Bolt/Speedy G

Scoped In Gold
Back in the Saddle Gold
Sully's Dragon
Marlowe's Para 9
Smoke Bomb/T-bolt/RPG

Fleet Foot Gold
Back in the Saddle Gold
Talbot's FAL-SS
Marlowe's Para 9
Cluster Bomb

Endurance Gold
Back in the Saddle Gold
Jade M9
Marlowe's Para 9
Quick Boom

I performed terrible last night. Aside from coming tired from a party, I was playing on a smaller SD TV and my god, I really perform terrible with those conditions. D:

Despite that, those were some great games hao-chi and Rewrite. Sorry to cut our Lab matches short Rewrite, but I was falling asleep, lol.

~-~-
As for my loadouts, take a gander at them and see what you might like:

(Deathmatch set)
1. Elena's G-MAL/Marlowe's Para-9
Boosters: Cloaked Gold/Monkey Man Gold
Kickback: Gotcha!

(Sniper set)
2. Sully's Dragon/Para-9 with Accuracy & Clip Size
Boosters: Weapon Expert Gold/Bargain Gold
Kickback: T-Bolt Sniper

(Plunder set)
3. Chloe's M9/Naughty Dog Para-9
Boosters: Fleet Foot Gold/Treasure Hunter Gold*
Kickback: Quick Boom

(Team Objective/Random set)
4. Eddy's AK/Sully's Micro
Boosters: Scoped-In Gold/Team Safe Gold
Kickback: Mega Bomb

*TH Gold changes to Back in the Saddle, when I'm not playing Plunder. I keep Treasure Hunter on so I can get that last Plunder set I need complete.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FFS, Revenge needs to be banned from use in Team Objective. I am so fucking tired of getting killed by own team mates that have that stupid booster. Here's a hint: Revenge screws over your team in Team Objective instead of helping, idiots.

hao chi

FFS, Revenge needs to be banned from use in Team Objective. I am so fucking tired of getting killed by own team mates that have that stupid booster. Here's a hint: Revenge screws over your team in Team Objective instead of helping, idiots.

I've been loving Revenge lately. I've seen the other team get so many team kills recently and it puts a huge smile on my face every time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah it's funny when its a party and they keep killing each other. But with randoms it's just stupid.

I know I'm a bit late in saying this, but I'm incredibly disappointed that U3 MP didn't get the same amount of play time out of me that U2 did. Several reasons contribute to this (U2 was the start of online gaming for myself so it was basically magic, U3 being sub par for myself, not really having anyone on my friends list who still plays the game, etc), but a part of me wants to get back into it. Anyone recommend I give it another try? Or will the same reasons still hinder me?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
UC3 MP has already surpassed UC2 for me and trust me, I put a ton of hours into that game from when it was released all the way till the original UC3 beta. UC3 has its downs, but I find myself enjoying the overall gameplay more. It's fast and hectic, unlike UC2 which was slower paced. And you're like me, UC2 was my first major online game I really got hooked on so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

To answer your question, I say you give it another go. Most of the overpowered/broken stuff has been fixed already and the upcoming patch is supposed to be fucking awesome according to ND. If you do give it another shot, please try to at least party up with someone else because I'll tell you this: playing alone is frustrating. Rarely will you have fun. the only way you can have fun playing by yourself is if you play co-op. Competitive playlists though? Nightmare.

SxP

Revenge needs to be banned, period. Martyrdom is the worst thing ever and needs to disappear from every game.

Excellent games tonight, hao-chi, Rewrite, and COD (unsure of your GAF name, sorry!)! They're not gaffers, but ben and my buddy Mono were great when they joined us.

Last match of the night was fucking annoying. Us 4 (me, ben, Mono, and COD) (+random) vs 3-man party (+2 randoms). Guess what they resorted to? The Rate of Fire mod on the M9 (couple that with Weapon Expert, ANNOYING). Either way, we beat those suckers and they backed out in the lobby. Lovely. If everyone can just switch to a better M9 and save a booster, we can reduce cheapness.

And I love how very few players DLC matchmaking had. Oh well, next time.

LuuKyK

Intro or no intro? :p

hahah this just reminds me that even though I am aware that every time you go up the stairs and through the hole in the wall there will be a whole bunch of enemies there, I always go and die in, like, a second. lol its routine.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I finished this game recently. I was impressed with the visuals, but no so much by the gameplay. I didn't feel like I was platforming nearly enough. (/me runs away before someone tries to shoot)

London Underground, intro no intro, Airstrip intro no intro, london underground london underground....... Museum.

Wtf I want to play DLC maps!!

LuuKyK

London Underground, intro no intro, Airstrip intro no intro, london underground london underground....... Museum.

Wtf I want to play DLC maps!!

Yeah, playing random matches it is really hard to find the DLC maps, it is easier if you create one, but you would have to invite people (that have the DLC too)...

Top Bottom