• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

jett

D-Member
You couldn't be more wrong, Spring Loaded.

Jade/Marlowe's Para 9 will never miss any shots when you are blindfiring. I'll grant you that Drake's Para 9 will occasionally miss, but its rare. The jamming was also present in the beta.

And the beta Para 9 took forever to kill someone until they reduced the amount of bullets, making it so much better. Honestly, it's like some of you guys are playing a different version of the game.

I'm going to steal a video that haochi posted a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otq6ufFNLk&feature=g-hist

That's just ridiculous.

Para 9 is garbage at long range. All handguns are garbage at long range. Medium range too. Handguns are garbage period. Where my 9F2S at.

Positive the Arm Micro was worse than the Para-9 at some point during the beta.

Para 9 is garbage at long range. All handguns are garbage at long range. Medium range too. Handguns are garbage period. Where my 9F2S at.

they could lower the damage model again and then pistols will be great

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:lol it's not even garbage at long range.

Para 9 - Best blindfiring gun & pistol in the game; good at close, mid, and long range.
Micro - 2nd best blindfiring gun, but not so good at long range. Equipped with the rapid fire mod, it'll destroy people very quickly in CQC.
Raffica - Very weak. It needs a slight buff. The hit markers are very hard to tell if you're hitting someone or not. It is mostly ok to blindfire if the mod is equipped, otherwise it sucks.
TAU - lol. Even though I've been using it a lot lately next to my AK, it is still the worst handgun in the game. Unreliable, horrible reticle, wonky recoil, and even though it was buffed up to 18 (?) bullets, it still needs more IMO. The only plus I can say is that its the only handgun that has a call out mod, which is awesome.

I LOVED the 92FS. But you have to be kidding yourself if that shit wasn't overpowered. It literally had no recoil whatsoever, had a great rate of fire and was the deadliest gun in UC2. A pistol should be good, but it should never defeat a long range gun. It was my main weapon in UC2 and I could destroy anyone at any range. Loved it, but even I can't deny how overpowered it was.

Positive the Arm Micro was worse than the Para-9 at some point during the beta.
no. Remember the ridiculous micro blindfire? That was the only thing that was nerfed from it.

I'm going to steal a video that haochi posted a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otq6ufFNLk&feature=g-hist

That's just ridiculous.
I've seen that video before... as I said, the Mega Bomb has a huge blast radius, so it makes sense to also have an equally big throwback radius or else it would be very hard to escape.

It's probably a conscious design choice to keep it balanced. If they reduced the throwback radius, then they would also have to reduce the blast radius.

no. Remember the ridiculous micro blindfire? That was the only thing that was nerfed from it.

But what about right after that? I remember hip-firing with the Para 9 and 9 times out of 10 getting the kill in those situations. And people on the ND forums were complaining about the gun, asking for an increase in stopping power to combat hip firing.

I was meleeing right after of course. Maybe that's why I'm recalling it being so amazing.

And you got 37 kills in one match; you technically aren't playing the same game I am anymore. You now see the game's inner-workings, its code.

hao chi

I LOVED the 92FS. But you have to be kidding yourself if that shit wasn't overpowered. It literally had no recoil whatsoever, had a great rate of fire and was the deadliest gun in UC2. A pistol should be good, but it should never defeat a long range gun. It was my main weapon in UC2 and I could destroy anyone at any range. Loved it, but even I can't deny how overpowered it was.

I never really thought the 92FS was overpowered, but I think the bolded explains our difference in opinion. I don't care about pistols being realistic in comparison to the other weapons, just how the game plays in general (hence why I didn't mind the Halo 1 pistol being so useful).

I liked all the combat options spawning with the AK and 92FS provided you. And the FAL was better than the 92FS at long-range, so it's not like there was no reason to pick up other weapons.

Steel fist with the 92FS was really overpowered though. No denying that.

I feel like the 92FS wasn't overpowered. I think it had the same effectiveness of the AK. Some might say that handguns are side weapons and shouldn't be equal to a long gun but I loved the versatility of having both weapons. If I got tired of using the AK I could just use the 92FS and not take a huge damper on my game. In Uncharted 3 I feel handguns are only useful for blindfiring. Using the Para 9 against any gun, even unmoded, is nigh high impossible against any player with a small amount of skill.

Also the jamming feel of the Para 9 is stupid and has no reason to exist.

Again: no weapon jams if you learn to time your shots.

The jamming exists to prevent people from spamming R1 as fast as they can, especially with modded/rapid fire controllers.

ps: 3 blindfire shots (Jade Para9) + melee = guaranteed kill

LuuKyK

So, I just got kicked of a match for no reason whatsoever. Of course it would happen on a good match. Ugh. First time this happens, and I hope it's the last too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great games tonight in The Lab, Team Objective, and Plunder Code, GS2, and Mono. Always a pleasure playing with you guys. I have the most fun!

I've seen that video before... as I said, the Mega Bomb has a huge blast radius, so it makes sense to also have an equally big throwback radius or else it would be very hard to escape.

It's probably a conscious design choice to keep it balanced. If they reduced the throwback radius, then they would also have to reduce the blast radius.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree here. Also, it's been a long time since we've run into each other in matchmaking. Hopefully one of these days it'll pair us up!

Does he Para 9 have the irregular rate of fire when you hip-fire?
Nope.

The jamming doesn't happen to me anymore. Like tapantaola explained, it happens only when you are spamming R1 fast, which I can understand why people get the jam when they are put in very heated situations. Just time your shots and you won't have jams anymore. There's like a rhythm to it...learn it and you will never have that problem anymore.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here.
Why do you disagree?

If hao-chi had ricocheted his Mega Bomb near the wall, it would be a guaranteed kill. That guy was standing in the corner, so it would be impossible to escape...

IMHO, it's a cheap kickback for what it offers (it used to cost 14 medals) and it doesn't need any kind of buff.

Also, it's been a long time since we've run into each other in matchmaking. Hopefully one of these days it'll pair us up!
I don't recall playing with or against you. What's your PSN ID?

hao chi

Why do you disagree?

If hao-chi had ricocheted his Mega Bomb near the wall, it would be a guaranteed kill. That guy was standing in the corner, so it would be impossible to escape...

IMHO, it's a cheap kickback for what it offers (it used to cost 14 medals) and it doesn't need any kind of buff.

I didn't bounce it off the wall because I had no way of knowing if he was around the corner or running towards the turret wall to climb up and go through the Chateau.

So I threw it about 20 feet away thinking that should be outside of throwback range if he was by the wall, but close enough to at least do some damage if he was going towards the turret wall... not my fault ND put an insane throwback range on the Mega Bombs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why do you disagree?

I don't think of it as a buff. I think of it like making it a little bit more fair for the people who earn it and get it easily thrown back due to its range. Here's a pic:

uTLC2.png

Green is where the Mega Bomb was thrown back from and the red is where I think it'd be cool for a throwback range in that particular condition. Hell, you could extend it a little bit more and I'd still be cool with it just for the sake of "balance". Green is just unacceptable in those conditions (the other player standing in cover being able to reach it). I don't think lowering the range would make it overpowered.

I don't think it's cheap either. 14 medals was just too much for it. I think 10 is perfectly reasonable for what it offers. It is the easiest grenade kickback to throw back after all and its not like everyone is spamming this kickback everywhere. From my experience, I still see Cluster Bomb more used than Mega Bomb.

My PSN is StardustSpeedway.

I heard what you Bs were trying to do to me. D:<
:lol

I don't know what you're talking about!

jett

D-Member
I don't know if you peeps have noticed, but Plunder is excellent right now. No KD'ers, no tryhards, no BS. Just straight plundering.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Via Eric from ND:

We're adjusting the weight so that the Airstrip (no intro) and London Underground (no intro) maps don't appear so frequently when the DLC toggle is on or off. This will be effective immediately.

You'll see a new version number. Don't go crazy. Patch 1.13 is coming but it's not ready quite yet. Look on the ND blog today for more info.

They'll be some notes about 1.13 posted today! :excite

eloestmn

I don't know if you peeps have noticed, but Plunder is excellent right now. No KD'ers, no tryhards, no BS. Just straight plundering.
Theres still the dickheads that will tell you "Im only playing this mode for treasures, I wont move the idol". fucking lames. Luckily you got matched up with people who wanna play the right way.

Via Eric from ND:

They'll be some notes about 1.13 posted today! :excite

They've been posted, but each time I try to click on READ MORE I get some error message. Was able to grab this from the NDF

Eric-ND said:
Patch 1.13 for Uncharted 3 - it&#8217;s not a unicorn, it&#8217;s Godzilla. It&#8217;s coming to your PS3 around this August 14th. Due to the sheer amount of content and general information to explain we&#8217;re going to be firing off details about the patch over the course of a few blog posts.

We&#8217;ve been working extremely hard to get Patch 1.13 thoroughly tested and ready for deployment. Patch 1.13 will contain an exciting new system, fresh DLC, and some gameplay fixes. For this first salvo, we&#8217;ll just be addressing the upcoming gameplay fixes. Here&#8217;s a rundown of gameplay fixes to expect:

Gameplay fixes Part 1

Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
Players can earn more than 1 &#8220;Here, Hold This Medal&#8221; in a match
A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available
The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and its starting ammo is now 8 not 12
The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency

These fixes are the tip of iceberg. There are more gameplay fixes coming as well but we&#8217;re not ready to discuss those yet. To get you amped for Patch 1.13 we posted up exclusive remixes of Uncharted 3 multiplayer power play music. These tracks have never before been released. They can be found and downloaded for free over on our Soundcloud page.

If you have burning questions for the development team head over to our forums. We&#8217;ve been holding a monthly Q&A since May in which we answer ten questions per month that are given the most kudos or attention by the community. The June answers are up and the July ones will be coming this week or early next. We&#8217;ve already dropped some hints about what else to expect in patch 1.13 in those Q&As. Once August 1st arrives another thread will be started so hop on the forums and get your questions ready.

On July 30th, we&#8217;ll have some information about our Make.Believe Uncharted Audition winner, Jeremy Gallant. Be on the lookout for that and more patch 1.13 news here very Soon&#8482;

Patch 1.13 will contain an exciting new system, fresh DLC, and gameplay fixes.

August 14th? Thats disappointing, but better late as hell than never.
Didnt know until now that you couldnt get but 1 Here, Hold this! medal per game. Just thought it was a bug or something.
Wonder what the new DLC will be.

jett

D-Member
That's the big patch? I guess the trophy hunters will be happy. edit: oh there's more coming

Increased recoil for the GMAL sounds great, but I don't like the mah M9 has been messed with! I guess I'll take that trade. :p

Mikey Jr.

Looks good so far. I have so many games on my plate right now that I don't have time for U3 (already put in 130 hours), but I def plan on coming back for 1.13.

The tau buff looks good. Hopefully it actually becomes VIABLE.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So many great fixes there! My god, this patch will be amazing.

M9 blindfire reduced? Increase recoil for the G-MAL? TAU rate of fire buff? An ACTUAL Team Objective fix (lol)? this sounds like a dream come true.

my god. My fucking god.

And this is just part 1. Oh man.

Part 2 better have reduced aim assist and more technical fixes. Don't let me down, ND.

Only thing that sucks is that the wait will SUCK. Also, I love that the ROF of the TAU will be increased, but the starting ammo has been reduced. Wouldn't we run into the same problem that we did back then when it was worthless to use the TAU without the Daredevil booster?

jett

D-Member
I wish they'd reduce the game's initial load. It's quite crazy. I'd also reduce the times for some of the decision making in multiplayer.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
50? Holy shit...it's going to be hard to keep my 100%...I hope there's not a single legacy trophy, or else fuck that shit man, but I know there will be. :(

More was added:

Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)

hao chi

It'll be interesting to see how the G-MAL does with lower aim assist and increased recoil.

No idea why they're lowering the TAU's ammo again. Hopefully that one will make sense after the patch is released.

Overall though, sounds great so far.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The more I think about their Team Objective fix, the more I think it sucks. Think about it. So let's say you have a very heated match and both teams score two points. You mean to tell me that the tie breaker will be Team Deathmatch which lasts ONE minute? That seriously sucks and its a slap to both teams who worked their asses off tying the score. There's just too many factors that can break the win...enemy position, your position, your team mate's position in the previous objective...it's just an awful way of determining a winning team, IMO.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I knew that list from him would end up being 100% accurate when it was deleted by the mods. So many awful trophies.

Toppot

Several of those are just unbelievable either hard or going to take a long time.

Kill the three end bosses in Chapter 5 (Harry Flynn, Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarevic) within 20 seconds of each other on Hard
Kill the three end bosses in Chapter 5 (Harry Flynn, Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarevic) within 20 seconds of each other on Crushing
Reach level 75 of Legacy Level 5, with all boosters at level 3
Get the Unyielding Medal while on Crushing Difficulty
Get the Curator Medal while on Crushing Difficulty - This level is hard enough on Crushing, to get no damage on the statue aswell? Crazy!
Complete the Antiquity Treasure Set
Complete the Artifact Treasure Set
Complete the Legend Treasure Set
Complete a Co-op Arena Map on Crushing Difficulty without losing a single life

I just want better treasure drop rates for the rarer treasures, or double treasure chance weekends like ND mentioned before would be great.

eloestmn

Several of those are just unbelievable either hard or going to take a long time.

Kill the three end bosses in Chapter 5 (Harry Flynn, Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarevic) within 20 seconds of each other on Hard
Kill the three end bosses in Chapter 5 (Harry Flynn, Eddy Raja, Zoran Lazarevic) within 20 seconds of each other on Crushing
Get the Unyielding Medal while on Crushing Difficulty
Get the Curator Medal while on Crushing Difficulty - This level is hard enough on Crushing, to get no damage on the statue aswell? Crazy!
Complete the Antiquity Treasure Set
Complete the Artifact Treasure Set
Complete the Legend Treasure Set
Complete a Co-op Arena Map on Crushing Difficulty without losing a single life

What the motherfrak! I appreciate the challenge, but damn.

I really don't like that they added recoil so soon to the G-MAL, but they did nothing to the ROF which has been the most ridiculous mod since its inception. After the FAL nerf, people moved onto the G-MAL, now they're definitely moving to the ROF mod on the M9. It's so unbearable to play a match with the opposing team equipping that mod with Weapon Expert Gold. I sincerely hope the change to the G-MAL isn't drastic because it was my go-to weapon since the beta last year.

Aside from that, I'm excited to see what else is coming with patch 1.13. Trophies better be retroactive. It'd be very stupid of them not to be, since some players have already completed their treasure sets.

Mikey Jr.

Bleh, I am NEVER going to get the co-op trophies. Not because I can't (I probably can't), but because I really have no interest in co-op.

Btw, bonus question. I am am assuming these trophies are not retroactive?

TripOpt55

Those look tough. I don't play nearly enough anymore to nab some of those. I wish they would have added some of these when I actually just got the DLC and was playing more. Oh well. Someone will enjoy these trophies I assume... haha.

Mikey Jr.

This is an obligatory nerd complaining about 50% Platinum post. >_>

When I get 95% on a game and the other 5% to get the platinum is some bullshit, I usually stop. Over 90% I feel satisfied that I maxed out the game and 90% shows it.

Then they release DLC or trophies and the 90% turns to 60%. Now it looks like I didn't give a fuck about the game and I am forced to get the platinum.

/First world problems

Gorillaz

For the first time in like 7 months I get the spinning ring screen....you know that screen that just stays there and doesn't go past the ring?

Figures...wanted to see the changes.

Some of these trophies are tottaly nonsense.
Are they crazy ???

hao chi

The more I think about their Team Objective fix, the more I think it sucks. Think about it. So let's say you have a very heated match and both teams score two points. You mean to tell me that the tie breaker will be Team Deathmatch which lasts ONE minute? That seriously sucks and its a slap to both teams who worked their asses off tying the score. There's just too many factors that can break the win...enemy position, your position, your team mate's position in the previous objective...it's just an awful way of determining a winning team, IMO.

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well, and it shows that Naughty Dog doesn't understand why the Team Deathmatch round is so awful. With how short the TDM round is it's based mostly on luck. I've seen shit teams win TDM countless times, but that happens much less often with the other rounds.

The best solution would be to extend the TDM round, and randomize the order for everything. As tired as I get of playing TDM in round 3 all the time, it'd also be nice to play something other than Chain Reaction or King of the Hill in the first round.

Top Bottom