• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hao chi

ND started backing up profile data when 1.13 released. Why did they tell us now, nearly 3 months later?

Because who gives a fuck about stats when we got more hats, more taunts, and more tournament tickets up in this bitch than we know what to do with.

Mikey Jr.

Naughtydog needs to just throw in the towel for this game. I think their done. MP just took WAAAAAAAAAY TOO long to actually get "ok" and even then it's not all that.

Next go round they should contact 343 industries and get help from over there.

I put in 145 hours into U3.

So I'm gonna say no.

Xdye7

Because who gives a fuck about stats when we got more hats, more taunts, and more tournament tickets up in this bitch than we know what to do with.

4TEKL.png

The new mesh map kinda blows, feels depressing as well. I do like the diversity that has players either staying on the top or staying on the bottom, or giving alternate routes to flank out the enemy. Oh and the spawns suck so much.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ugh, last two nights I wanted to get on U3 to play with my GAF bros but my internet was down.

Fucking Time Warner Cable.
My internet wasn't down, but I kept losing signal over and over again. I think I must have disconnected from PSN over 6 times before I finally gave up like two days ago. I started to have the same problem yesterday too, but I somehow fixed it. DEM LOSSES.

Great games yesterday GS2! One Piece still sux.

hao chi

My internet wasn't down, but I kept losing signal over and over again. I think I must have disconnected from PSN over 6 times before I finally gave up like two days ago. I started to have the same problem yesterday too, but I somehow fixed it. DEM LOSSES.

Wait, did you think I was referring to you?
loljk

My internet actually came back online a bit after you and GS2 had gotten offline this morning. That was especially annoying because I was really in the mood for some U3 last night, and it came back online just a bit too late.

I haven't played much in the last two weeks. I'll fix that starting tonight.

Good, because I'm definitely playing tonight.

Well, hopefully.

F your Cursed kickback. Kept getting team killed during the London match. :mad:

Despite that, great games. OP is still awesome. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope they remove the split screen feature from the next MP. Shit only causes party splits, people abuse it for boosting, and it's a waste of another player slot 100% of the time. There has never been a good split screen team.

hao chi

I hope they remove the split screen feature from the next MP. Shit only causes party splits, people abuse it for boosting, and it's a waste of another player slot 100% of the time. There has never been a good split screen team.

You mean other than the time I played as a guest at one of my friend's house and we dominated in 3TDM, right?

You make some good points, but split screen increases the player pool. You can have twice the amount of players in ideal conditions. Not everyone uses it though, so I'd say that it's more like 1.3-1.5x players.

Also, Uncharted 4 will probably be a day 1 game for the PS4. I don't think that many people will be able to afford it, so split screen will be needed more in that case.

Boosting is an issue, mainly in 3TDM. It's the new Chain Reaction, so they may remove it in UC4 MP.

Is uncharted 3 multiplayer as unbalanced as uncharted 2? I always play the lab in uncharted 2 and the team are ALWAYS incredibly unbalanced, the strongest players are all on one team and the weakest players are all on the other team. This happens ~90% of the time.

Is uncharted 3 multiplayer as unbalanced as uncharted 2? I always play the lab in uncharted 2 and the team are ALWAYS incredibly unbalanced, the strongest players are all on one team and the weakest players are all on the other team. This happens ~90% of the time.

It's pretty balanced for the most part, just needs blindfire tweaks and ROF adjustments. Matchmaking is wonky right now, but they made it so that higher legacy players are matched against each other.

There has never been a good split screen team.

This is Bull. Maybe you should face the fact that some people enjoy the game differently than you.

'OMG! The other people didn't play with full dedication like their life depended on it and now I lost! This is never my fault and all others should kill themselves for losing!'

Enough already. Just try to relax and have some fun.

Also: ND should be ashamed of themselves for shit like this:

More hats please! <-- Clicker

I sped it up for you who are impatient.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This is Bull. Maybe you should face the fact that some people enjoy the game differently than you.

'OMG! The other people didn't play with full dedication like their life depended on it and now I lost! This is never my fault and all others should kill themselves for losing!'

Enough already. Just try to relax and have some fun.
Losing is hardly fun especially when you're constantly losing 4+ times in a row because of shitty players. I can accept defeat when I know both teams try their best, but when you're paired up with people that go 1-15 in TDM over and over again, it's NOT fun. Don't ever tell me how to enjoy this game because I'm sure I enjoy it more than you'll ever do and I will stand by my statement. Out of all the matches I've played, there has never been a competent split screen team that hasn't gone negative and screwed over the team.

BTW, I saw your video and they added that to prevent people from glitching. It's dumb as hell, but hey what can you do.

Xdye7

I was playing Team Objective on Graveyard and I got two pairs of split-screeners on my team. One pair of split-screeners hid under a boat and just looked at each other for the whole game. The other pair of split-screeners turned out to be one person taking turns using each controller. This match went on for the full 5 rounds and as expected "we" lost in deathmatch.

Split-screeners should be limited to custom games, 3TDM, and Hunter. Or just be removed altogether. It has caused nothing but problems and it fucking sucks. I've split-screened with friends and it is absolutely awful. I bet ND wasn't allowed to say "1-2 players" on the back of the box because of how terribly implemented the feature is.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You make some good points, but split screen increases the player pool. You can have twice the amount of players in ideal conditions. Not everyone uses it though, so I'd say that it's more like 1.3-1.5x players.

Also, Uncharted 4 will probably be a day 1 game for the PS4. I don't think that many people will be able to afford it, so split screen will be needed more in that case.

Boosting is an issue, mainly in 3TDM. It's the new Chain Reaction, so they may remove it in UC4 MP.
Honestly, I don't think it'll be removed from the next game. It's a good feature to have in MP games and I can see why people request it. It's awesome to have two people play at the same time, especially if you have family members in your house/friends. However, it just ends up being bad news 100% of the time for players like me unfortunately, whether they're in my team (usually 95% of the case), or on the other team. The other part of me also thinks that due to all the 3TDM exploits and boosting, that it would see a major overhaul so that stuff like that doesn't happen in their future games.

lol, imagining UC4 MP: Aiming Not Allowed...god.

Just think about all the microstransactions it will have. If you had asked me that ND was going to go down this route in UC2, I would have called you crazy and here we are.

A grenade kill happens often, but not a Dragon blindfire headshot. ;D
I hate you.

hao chi

They should just take a note from Halo 2 and have a Team Training playlist that's the only playlist split-screeners can play in.

Losing is hardly fun especially when you're constantly losing 4+ times in a row because of shitty players. I can accept defeat when I know both teams try their best, but when you're paired up with people that go 1-15 in TDM over and over again, it's NOT fun. Don't ever tell me how to enjoy this game because I'm sure I enjoy it more than you'll ever do and I will stand by my statement. Out of all the matches I've played, there has never been a competent split screen team that hasn't gone negative and screwed over the team.

In plunder or TO I can imagine your point but the fact that you use TDM as an example is what confuses me. If you have a 12-3 score and made some awesome kills, who cares what the rest of your team did? Who cares if you won or you lost. Doens't mean you played crappy. Is it about statistics?
I don't want to tell you how to enjoy the game and I'm sure you will enjoy it more than I ever will. Whatever makes you happy. I guess you do not seem to realise that you can have a crappy team, lose, play really well and have fun at the same time.

It's all good though.

BTW, I saw your video and they added that to prevent people from glitching. It's dumb as hell, but hey what can you do.

Really? That's really lazy/sloppy. Are there more places like that? It would be awesome to force people into places like that.

5. Why did The character models in uncharted 3 get a downgrade compared to uncharted 2? (kLuMb-Z)

For both single player and multiplayer the character models are actually higher poly count and more detailed than they were in Uncharted 2. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was overhauled extensively and it’s a lot bigger in general. If we could get the models from U3 into U2 MP you would see how detailed they really are but that would be nearly impossible as the version of the engine we’re running between the two games is very much a different creation.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Compare any U3 model to their U2 counterpart and it's like looking into last gen. I don't give a shit if they "technically" have 10 more poly's or whatever, they look like shit. All of them.

hao chi

the character models are actually higher poly count and more detailed than they were in Uncharted 2.

Haha, wow. After going back to U2 for some coop fairly recently, I remembered UDF Elena is suppose to have dirt and cuts and scrapes on her. None of that is present on her much worse looking U3 version.

Winter Chloe and Jeff were downgraded even more.

Edit: In general the people that did the character models were really lazy with Elena and Chloe. They both have the same holster as each other instead of using the ones they had in U2. Nepal Chloe is also missing her handkerchief, while Reporter Elena's colors are just wrong.

"More detailed" though... oh, ND.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Another fucking Q&A month with yet another WORTHLESS question regarding Wetsuit Elena. People from the ND forum need to get the hell over it jesus christ.

Terrible Q&A though. Do they really expect us to believe some of those answers? Wow, I'm speechless at some of them.

Top Bottom