• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hao chi

It's sad how untrustworthy ND has become. Don't bullshit us, please.

Not entirely surprising though. During the U2 days on ND's forum they claimed it was impossible to add a playlist with separate damage settings while keeping the new and improved post 1.05 settings for the rest of the playlists, which ND proved to be false with the Hardcore Lab.

Xdye7

Omfg lol. Eric replied to SteepMatt's... terrible model comparison thing but completely dodges Luxis' extremely good post with gigantic fucking pictures that are absolutely impossible to miss.

mVayo.jpg

LOL, what happened?

well I teamed up with him and I think someone else for some Co-Op stuff (Chateau farming if I'm not mistaken). Afterwards when the other person left, I agreed to play some TDM with him, we play a match at the Facility and are getting our asses handed by this party of 4 and he (without warning) quits, leaving me high and dry. Doesn't message me afterwards (he was still online) and never talked/teamed with me again.

I don't have him on my friends list any more because he deleted me sometime shortly after, but after the incident, I didn't care I just never wanted to team-up with him again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
> tries out T-Bolt & Pistoles TO Lab with friends
> member from the other team dead bodies within his first death
> can't kill him for the whole match due to lack of grenades
> dead man goes on a killing spree for the whole match

We still won the match 3-0, but that was stupid.

> tries out T-Bolt & Pistoles TO Lab with friends
> member from the other team dead bodies within his first death
> can't kill him for the whole match due to lack of grenades
> dead man goes on a killing spree for the whole match

We still won the match 3-0, but that was stupid.

This lab has grenades.

hao chi

This is amazing. The message of the day now freezes my PS3 every single time. Good shit, ND.

Now I'm redownloading my DLC and patches to see if that helps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Good games tonight guys. That guy that sent me and haochi rage messages made my fucking night. So hilarious.

hao chi

Good games tonight guys. That guy that sent me and haochi rage messages made my fucking night. So hilarious.

Haochi? Don't you mean "that stupid chinese!"?

Seriously though, that shit was hilarious. Making someone rage that hard in our last game of the night was amazing.

Xdye7

nawty dawg blawg said:
There are a few updates to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer this week as well. We have rebalanced three-team deathmatch power weapons and starting spawns. All teams will now have a fair chance to get to the power weapons on the map from their starting spawn. We’ve also added death regions to certain levels unscrupulous people had been exploiting via a glitch.

It's about damn time /sully

I don't understand why they don't just add death regions around the entire map. Especially for Highrise and Airstrip.

Played a lot of Hunter today and wow that shit is broken, not that I or anyone who has played it didn't know already. Anyways, the addition of "Plus Cash" (still reads Just Cash lol) has made finding rare treasures much easier. Out of 20ish games, I got six rare treasures and one of them was new. Also, only 1 of those games lasted the full four rounds, and very few even made it on to round two. What's the point of playing if you're just going to fucking quit every game? There won't be any less bullshit the next game.

http://community.us.playstation.com.../LAG-We-need-your-help/m-p/38865873#U38865873

So they're actually going to look at feedback now or is it just a post saying, "hey guys i'm posting on the ND forums to show support" and never read/do anything the community wants? You decide!
I just read that thread... I'm a bit skeptical, though. ND can check all that data (IP address, country, download/upload speed, latency, NAT type, rank, gametypes, size of party, date/time of playing) on their servers.

So, why do they want such a small sample from the forums? And is there any sort of guarantee that they will implement strictly ping-based matchmaking?

No offense, it just seems like another cheap PR stunt to me. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong... we'll see.

If ND assures me that they do plan to do something about it (either a ping filter toggle or strictly ping-based matchmaking), then I'll post really detailed info about my connection. When I say really detailed, I mean a lot more than they could possibly ask for.

jett

D-Member
It's about damn time /sully

I don't understand why they don't just add death regions around the entire map. Especially for Highrise and Airstrip.

Played a lot of Hunter today and wow that shit is broken, not that I or anyone who has played it didn't know already. Anyways, the addition of "Plus Cash" (still reads Just Cash lol) has made finding rare treasures much easier. Out of 20ish games, I got six rare treasures and one of them was new. Also, only 1 of those games lasted the full four rounds, and very few even made it on to round two. What's the point of playing if you're just going to fucking quit every game? There won't be any less bullshit the next game.

Hunter is hilariously terrible. Once a team of baddies gets the sawed-off shotgun it's over for the other team. Endure my constant buttslapping taunt, bitches.

Xdye7

Hunter is hilariously terrible. Once a team of baddies gets the sawed-off shotgun it's over for the other team. Endure my constant buttslapping taunt, bitches.

The only reason it's balanced is because you switch sides lol. Too bad nearly everyone doesn't realize this and quits if they're getting raped as villains first round.

Eric-ND said:
We recently pushed a live update that changed up our matchmaking system for U3 Multiplayer. We know there had been some issues after the latest change so it works something like this.

geo-location and ping are HEAVILY weighted up front. We now look for people 75 ranks above you and 75 below you within a very close geo-location and ping FIRST. We have 375 possible ranks in the game. As we look for more matches we'll broaden both geo-location and ping along with rank. Geo-location and ping matter most.

Bottom line is the more players we have the better the matchmaking will be so thank you for your support. See ya online!

FUCK YES.

Legacy 1 master race reporting in btw

Xdye7

First try with the new matchmaking... full party of [MEX] lol. All had 5 bars though and didn't lag. The player pool for the lab is probably the biggest pool right now, I'll have to try other modes to see if ND has really done it.

I only played a few games but I got disconnected a couple times. Also seen it happen to others. Every time it has happened was after 40 kills, which is when late-join is disabled. Same goes for the people I've seen it happen to. That could have something to do with it. I might add that the one match I have late-joined was extremely laggy (every other match seemed fine).

Top Bottom