• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Even with their matchmaking fix, I still get the worst team mates ever. I have the worst fucking luck in the world.

The lag has gotten so much worse too.

Xdye7

The new lab is fucking garbage. 2 mega bombs, para 9 with 120 bullets, and a riot shield. Kickbacks are off, boosters are off (LOL!), power plays are on (LOL!).

Team killing is basically unavoidable.

Oh, and throwbacks are off.

The new lab is fucking garbage. 2 mega bombs, para 9 with 120 bullets, and a riot shield. Kickbacks are off, boosters are off (LOL!), power plays are on (LOL!).

I imagine ND devs mixing up ideas like this:

543419_506871469323676_1053304365_n.jpg

hao chi

ND needs to avoid coming up with Lab ideas while hammered at a Halloween party.

Xdye7

Oh god lol.

Tournament tickets found in treasure drops seem to be temporary. I had 15 before the live update and now I'm back to 10.

Strike

Even with their matchmaking fix, I still get the worst team mates ever. I have the worst fucking luck in the world.

The lag has gotten so much worse too.

Yeah, matchmaking still sucks. I still end up in losing matches with split screeners and low level players.

hao chi

What does it do?

It improves the diagonal aiming. With the default aiming, if you rotate your right stick in a circle while aiming, your reticle will move in roughly a rectangular shape. With the alternate aiming your aim will move in a circular shape.

I think they also made the sensitivities faster. I haven't actually played U3 campaign since the patch was released other than to test out the aiming real fast, and to try to get my multi settings to save (thanks for the recommendation, Ryanardo, but unfortunately it didn't work for me).

Yeah, matchmaking still sucks. I still end up in losing matches with split screeners and low level players.

Or in a double 'fuck you', matched against GAF and with low level players on your team. :p

Xdye7

It improves the diagonal aiming. With the default aiming, if you rotate your right stick in a circle while aiming, your reticle will move in roughly a rectangular shape. With the alternate aiming your aim will move in a circular shape.

I think they also made the sensitivities faster. I haven't actually played U3 campaign since the patch was released other than to test out the aiming real fast, and to try to get my multi settings to save (thanks for the recommendation, Ryanardo, but unfortunately it didn't work for me).

There's less input lag with alternate aim. It just feels more precise in general.

For MP settings, try adjusting them in LAN mode.

jett

D-Member
That new lab is just a bad idea.

Oh and the game now recommends spending your tournaments points if you don't spend em, whatever.

AniHawk

i have a mystery skinned weapon #3 code from e3 2011. it expires in less than 2 hours.

first person to pm me gets it.

edit: it's gone (only took 6 minutes)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So uh, today is the one year anniversary of Uncharted 3. Crazy that it's been a year already, huh? Wonder what ND will do to celebrate it...maybe they'll just give an Anniversary "shirt" for Drake or bring him back from UC2.

Man, thinking back...this game was a complete fucking mess when it launched. Can't believe I didn't quit out of the MP during the KAL, FAL, Quick Boom @ 6 (?) medals, auto jump lock on Sewed off Shotgun kills, Bargain stacking, broken treasure system, M9 ROF *it's STILL a problem* and G-MAL days...jeez. So fucking terrible. And now we're stuck with BLINDFIRE and LAG...and microtransactions. Waaay more lag after the latest patch too. I can't pull myself away despite all the bullshit this game throws at me. :lol

Why the hell didn't we just get the original beta for the full MP experience? It just needed a few tweaks and it would have been the most fun multiplayer game EVER. Will never forget the garbage that was the Subway beta after playing the fucking amazing summer one and just watching everyone's reactions just plummet due to how different everything felt. Such a bummer.

hao chi

Why the hell didn't we just get the original beta for the full MP experience? It just needed a few tweaks and it would have been the most fun multiplayer game EVER. Will never forget the garbage that was the Subway beta after playing the fucking amazing summer one and just watching everyone's reactions just plummet due to how different everything felt. Such a bummer.

I still miss the original sprint so fucking much. You actually had to use it sparingly, not whenever the hell you felt like it.

jett

D-Member
So uh, today is the one year anniversary of Uncharted 3. Crazy that it's been a year already, huh? Wonder what ND will do to celebrate it...maybe they'll just give an Anniversary "shirt" for Drake or bring him back from UC2.

Man, thinking back...this game was a complete fucking mess when it launched. Can't believe I didn't quit out of the MP during the KAL, FAL, Quick Boom @ 6 (?) medals, auto jump lock on Sewed off Shotgun kills, Bargain stacking, broken treasure system, M9 ROF *it's STILL a problem* and G-MAL days...jeez. So fucking terrible. And now we're stuck with BLINDFIRE and LAG...and microtransactions. Waaay more lag after the latest patch too. I can't pull myself away despite all the bullshit this game throws at me. :lol

The summer beta was so great, but let's not forget that the G-MAL and the micro were god-tier there. :p But yeah, I much preferred the speed of the game back then. I don't get ND's thought process when it comes to multiplayer.

Xdye7

A while ago ND said there won't be any in-game anniversary items.

But, ND also said there won't be any SA or silent characters in U3.

I'm really hoping for something in-game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
ROD aka ring of death screwed us over so many times tonight... Wtf is up with that shit. It was game after game that we kept getting it.

Logged in to the MP and didn't see any 1 year anniversary message of the day or any kind of special treat. Bummer man.

ROD aka ring of death screwed us over so many times tonight... Wtf is up with that shit. It was game after game that we kept getting it.

Logged in to the MP and didn't see any 1 year anniversary message of the day or any kind of special treat. Bummer man.

Yeah that was so fucking dumb, seriously. uncharted.gif. GGs tho.

So much Dragon fun.

Naughtydog needs to just throw in the towel for this game. I think their done. MP just took WAAAAAAAAAY TOO long to actually get "ok" and even then it's not all that.

Next go round they should contact 343 industries and get help from over there.

Xdye7

But the hats....

EDIT:

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Deception/U3-Profile-Resets-Fix/m-p/38728369

Eric-ND said:
We've been getting some isolated cases of players having their U3 multiplayer profiles reset.

Since patch 1.13, we have a backup in place for players who have reached level 10 or higher. If you leveled up to 10 or higher before the reset occurred we SHOULD be able to help you.

If you're looking to have your profile restored you'll need to make sure the following things have occured:

1. You haven't leveled up past level 10 since the reset
2. You send us your PSN ID
3. You send us evidence of where your profile was before and after the reset.

So if you had your profile reset and lost data, there’s a good chance we can recover your profile if they have not played past level 10 on that PSN ID since the reset occured.

Fire away PMs to Eric-ND with evidence and we'll see what we can do. REMEMBER to include:

PSN ID
Evidence of reset

Mr. Fix

Naughtydog needs to just throw in the towel for this game. I think their done. MP just took WAAAAAAAAAY TOO long to actually get "ok" and even then it's not all that.

Next go round they should contact 343 industries and get help from over there.

Next time they should just never touch the Betas, regardless of the bitching. It always ends up worse.

Xdye7

Well, I pestered Eric enough on Twitter regarding account resets... maybe that's why?

I still don't understand why they would implement a feature without telling anyone. Remember all of the "I got reset" threads right after 1.13? Sucks for those guys eh. It's not like it was fixed in the patch that was just released or anything.

Top Bottom