• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Melfice7

Match making still fucking sucks, still get separated from my party members, and a new bug on metro, after the train sequence, everyone except probably the host were with a blackscreen but the game was ongoing..

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
1 more game 1 more bug, dead body glitch at the start of the game..

annnd another bug, going to cinema froze ps3 twice
I got the dead body glitch at the start of the match yesterday too. I didn't even notice until my friends told me...they couldn't kill my dead body so I had to grenade myself because it's not fair for the other team.

Melfice7

Yay getting free losses because this god damn game keeps freezing after the map loading and even after the game has started.. but its ok i have more taunts and hats to buy

Xdye7

You can't get a Rampant in Team Objective. So stfu and get in the hill.

Seriously though, a warning would have been nice. I don't understand why ND is being so secretive about patches. ND is like those kids in elementary that have something to tell you, but later.

"It will be out by the end of the month."

"But we'll actually release it today because lol"

eloestmn

Im not sure I really like Classic, I mean the idea of it is cool, but the experiences Ive had so far make me not want to continue playing it. Also, am I a crazy or does the health seem lower?

Xdye7

The health is the same.

Classic was really cool at first, but it got bland quickly.

I think adding loadouts like in Hardcore would make it more interesting. Or scattering more "loadout" weapons across the map and spawns.

Mikey Jr.

Hopefully they do a lab down the road for ALL the mesh maps in one lab. I missed a few of them, so it would be nice to replay them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The new lab map is amazing. It's the best block mesh map they've ever done. Has flanking routes, climbing, it's huge but not too huge so there's no empty spots...its perfect.

Jaroof

Holy shit. Just looked back at this thread out of curiosity.. I see Rewrite's still as hardcore an Uncharted fan as always. Haha. Also, still see Jett, Ryanardo, gibration.. man, all of the old crew.. kinda makes me wish I never stopped playing. :/
But man, I've seen all these changes going into the game, and it makes me wanna jump back on!
What's up with this "Classic Mode" that I've heard about?

Edit: Never mind, just read up on it. Sounds good to me! :)
I'll try to make it back on the MP pretty soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Btw, I've made a couple of threads about lag and how it can be reduced:

http://community.us.playstation.com...lock-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/38614465
http://community.us.playstation.com...te-10-player-modes-into-a-single/m-p/38379631

I know not everyone's gonna like them, but hey, at least I tried...
I really like your first thread about a region lock toggle. Would work perfectly, IMO. I'm still not a fan of your second proposal though, because although I know it would decrease waiting time in matchmaking and lag, I'd be forced to play modes I wouldn't want to play due to the vote selection. I dread the idea of wanting to play a Team Objective match only for another mode to get voted over it. I think it would make sense to do this maybe a year from now when the MP might be dead with less players....I know it feels like it's a wasteland these days especially in the DLC pool, but I can still find matches in every game mode.

I wonder why ND hides the "active daily players" from us when UC2 had it. Maybe because less people are playing it?

Either way, good stuff.

Holy shit. Just looked back at this thread out of curiosity.. I see Rewrite's still as hardcore an Uncharted fan as always. Haha.
Been a long time, eh!? Ha!

Jaroof

Holy shit.
I played one match in The Lab's playlist.
I'm sold. I'm back. I need to get back into this.
Went 8-3 my first game back, and 6 of those kills were from the first life I had. Went on a streak! I did better than I expected to for being away from this game so long..
Game went by really quickly..
I really loved the block level that they put in for the lab.

Been a long time, eh!? Ha!

Yes sir!
We're gonna have to play again sometime soon.

gibration

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_multiplayer_halloween_weekend/
Are you spooky good? So good you haunt other player’s nightmares? Well, it’s your chance to scare up massive amounts of in-game cash as it’s a double cash weekend in Uncharted 3: Multiplayer! Here is the duration of the double cash weekend:

Start: Friday, October 26, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

End: Monday, October 29, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

To make the weekend more festive we’re going to reveal next week’s Tournament prizes a week early. All weekend long you’ll be able to go Headless Horseman style and don the Pumpkin Head on your favorite Drake skin. Check it out:
PumpkinHeadDrake4.png

Additionally you can equip a cool Pumpkin Head t-shirt on your custom hero or villain:
PumpkinShirt2.png

To complete your outfit every long gun in the game will have a Jacko skin that you can select in the loadout screen. See the blog image for a look at one of these.

While these items will be free and wearable only this weekend, all of these Halloween themed items can be earned via the Tournament starting Tuesday, October 30. So if you’d like to equip them once the real Halloween ends make sure you participate in the Tournament starting next week.

If you don’t know what the Tournament is, check out our new Tournament FAQ.

We have a slew of big surprises in store for Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Get ready for some mega bombs and other goodness!

Happy haunting! See you online!
Awesome!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
WHAT!? An actual event!? Fucking awesome. I had missed these special events so much. They were long overdue! Will rock the pumpkin head, ha!

Xdye7

Assuming each rare occurs with an equal probability

But what decides which of the 25 possible rare treasures is going to drop? I've gotten some rare treasures only once. I've gotten other rare treasures 2, 3, 4, 5 times. I haven't gotten the rest of the rare treasures at all.

4 rare treasures in 100 picked up treasures sounds right to me.

Scenario 1:
If you got 4 new rare treasures in every 100 picked up treasures, you would have to pick up a total of 625 treasures to have all of the 25 rare treasures. 4% chance for a rare treasure applies here.

Scenario 2:
Your first 24 picked up treasures could be 24 unique rare treasures. Then, you pick up the next 600 treasures, none of which are the last rare treasure you need. The next treasure you pick up (#625) is the 25th and final rare treasure you need. 4% chance for a rare treasure still applies.

Scenario 3:
You've picked up 625 treasures. 25 of those were rare, but you got 12 of the rare treasures twice and 1 of them once. You keep playing and have now picked up 1249 treasures. You got 11 rare treasures you haven't gotten in the previous 625, but you also got them twice. The unique rare in the first 625 was picked up a second time. Treasure #1250 is the last rare treasure (#25) you need. 4% applies.

Scenario 4:
You've picked up 625 treasures. You've gotten rare treasure #1, 25 times.
You've picked up 1250 treasures. You've gotten rare treasure #2, 25 times. You now have 2/25 of the rare treasures.
You've picked up 1875 treasures. You've gotten rare treasure #3, 25 times. You now have 3/25 of the rare treasures.
etc....
You've picked up 15000 treasures. You've gotten rare treasure #24, 25 times. You now have 24/25 of the rare treasures.
In the next 25 treasures (15025, you get rare treasure #25. For whatever reason, you continue playing until you've picked up 15625 treasures.
In total, you've gotten each of the 25 rare treasures, 25 times. Each rare treasure occurs equally, and there's a 4% chance of a rare treasure dropping.

---

Naughty Dog says playing on harder difficulties gives "better" (rare I'm assuming) treasures. Hunter has no difficulty setting and since human opponents could be impossible to beat, the treasure "settings" are probably the same as crushing arena, explaining why people experience Hunter giving "better" treasures.

This system is lottery based as there is no predetermined requirement for a particular treasure to drop. The chance is there, but there's no guarantee.

Mikey Jr.

Who gives a fuck when you can just buy everything for 8 cents.

No one else knows if you've completed the treasure sets or not. NO ONE. If you are really that desperate for the cat ears, go to your job, work for half a minute, and just buy the fucking things.

I think you'll enjoy the game more not worrying about treasures and shit.

Not talking to anyone specifically.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Trophies based on complete luck can go fuck themselves. Still think those two trophies are bullshit.
Only missing those two (and Triumvirate) and they are pretty much impossible to get.

It really is. Especially if you don't have the platinum. Looks like you just finished 40% of the game or whatever. Fucking annoying.

It's one of the many issues I have with the trophy system. On the 360 your achievements points earned never change, even if a shit ton of DLC achievments are added.

Mikey Jr.

In terms of features, patches, DLC, I think ND have been WAY better than U2.

I don't even think their communication is that bad. Sure, maybe day to day you don't hear from them, but they do the 10 questions a month thing, they have community nights where they play with the players. And they seem to be better at event nights, with the Halloween one, and looking at their calender, they have a Christmas one, a Valentines day one, an Easter one, etc, etc.

Plus, the labs are actually cool. Like, the mesh maps are fucking awesome idea and are actually GOOD. I would like a little more zany though.

Speaking of Labs, this one should be interesting next week.

EVENT
Lab - 3v3v3
DESCRIPTION
3 team death match with 3 players per team

Top Bottom