• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

eloestmn

Damn, gonna be away this weekend. Anybody down for some Co-Op Arena late Sunday/early Monday?

Ill help if you cant find anyone else, Im usually on around then and I need pretty much all the rare co-op treasures.

LOL It's Crushing TDM. I am in no hurry to try that shit. Watch ND troll everyone by making it permanent just like in UC2.
I hope not, this was how U2's downfall started, If we get a poll asking us how we liked it we better watch out. They also have Crushing Plunder, Objective, and FFA Labs in the coming weeks.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wtf, that sounds terrible. This whole obsession they have with Crushing health is truly baffling to me.

Deep down Justin Richmond wants to 1.05 this game. :p I have a feeling those guys play more COD and their own game.
^ Kinda true if you check their Twitter accounts.

Btw, I already see people (COD addicts?) approving of this Lab... inb4 ND destroys UC3 MP health to promote TLOU!

hao chi

LOL It's Crushing TDM. I am in no hurry to try that shit. Watch ND troll everyone by making it permanent just like in UC2.

BTW, in the message of the day it says that there's going to be a Double XP and Rare Treasure Drop weekend starting this Friday and ending Monday!

I'm excited for the rare treasure drop one. I HOPE I CAN FINALLY COMPLETE MY CO-OP SETS.

Fuck that shit. I preemptively quit U3.

original

The lengths some people go to cheat...

Sony/ND should check Ibiza's account as well, lol.

BTW, in the message of the day it says that there's going to be a Double XP and Rare Treasure Drop weekend starting this Friday and ending Monday!

I'm excited for the rare treasure drop one. I HOPE I CAN FINALLY COMPLETE MY CO-OP SETS.

Yay! I'll be hopping on this weekend and staying glued to FFA and Co-Op, with some Classic in between. :3

Damn, gonna be away this weekend. Anybody down for some Co-Op Arena late Sunday/early Monday?

I would... but you hate playing with me.

Fuck that shit. I preemptively quit U3.

haoT... :(

also, dat 2.5.

original

The lengths some people go to cheat...

Sony/ND should check Ibiza's account as well, lol.

ouch. Well they deserve it if they cheated like that. Kinda funny tho.

How is the MP community doing? Specifically for classic mode?

I played the hell out of the beta, but avoided getting UC3 because they just destroyed the beauty of UC2 (pre patch). It was like the MW2 to MW1.

But I am very eager to buy this game just to kick back and play classic mode.

jett

D-Member
How is the MP community doing? Specifically for classic mode?

I played the hell out of the beta, but avoided getting UC3 because they just destroyed the beauty of UC2 (pre patch). It was like the MW2 to MW1.

But I am very eager to buy this game just to kick back and play classic mode.

There are a lot of players. Unfortunately the regular bunch of gaffers I played with have all moved on.

Classic mode is pretty interesting, it's nice to have everyone on common ground again without weapon loadouts, and grenades are useful again! If it was up to me I'd remove grenade throwback. It's not Uncharted 2 1.04 but it's as close as possible without fundamentally changing the basic mechanics of UC3. It plays just like UC3 so don't expect a reskinned UC2 from it. :p It's unfortunate that it's just deathmatch. I don't understand why can't they put rotating game modes in the playlist.

GRIP

Oh really? What are these tournaments good for? I'm really completely out of the loop when it comes to "serious" Uncharted playing.

- TDM Tournament Champions: 5x Brand New Elgato HD Game Recorders and 5x Brand New PS3 controllers signed by the Naughty Dog Team

- TDM Tournament Runners-up: 5x Brand New Meze Quality Headphones

- TDM Tournament MVP: Brand New Meze Quality Headphone (Special High Quality Unit)

- Free-For-All Tournament Champion - Brand New Drake Vinyl

hao chi

haoT... :(

also, dat 2.5.

I was kidding. :(

I'll probably play this weekend. Just been busy, and playing Trauma Center: New Blood when I have spare time.

Thanks for the heads up on the 2.5 release date! Hopefully Samus is included.

BTW, I sent you a link to a funny match on Youtube if you want to check it out.

jett

D-Member
- TDM Tournament Champions: 5x Brand New Elgato HD Game Recorders and 5x Brand New PS3 controllers signed by the Naughty Dog Team

- TDM Tournament Runners-up: 5x Brand New Meze Quality Headphones

- TDM Tournament MVP: Brand New Meze Quality Headphone (Special High Quality Unit)

- Free-For-All Tournament Champion - Brand New Drake Vinyl

Meh, too bad U2GAF scattered into the winds. We'd dominate that shit. :|

Yeah they're trash. It's funny that during the beta the micro was king...and now...ND has done a really poor job at balancing this game.
You mean the Summer beta? It had been deemed "OP" back then, so ND nerfed the shit out of it. Jade Para 9 is where it's at.

I was kidding. :(

I'll probably play this weekend. Just been busy, and playing Trauma Center: New Blood when I have spare time.

Thanks for the heads up on the 2.5 release date! Hopefully Samus is included.

BTW, I sent you a link to a funny match on Youtube if you want to check it out.

Can't be U3 GAF night without the Tea.

I hope Zero Suit is included. I just want to stick to PM for good, but ZSS is still in vanilla Brawl.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You mean the Summer beta? It had been deemed "OP" back then, so ND nerfed the shit out of it. Jade Para 9 is where it's at.
It was definitely OP in the summer beta, but they thankfully fixed it.

As far as pistols go, I don't think they're worthless. The Para 9 is obviously the best one, and it won't jam on you if you can time your shots. The arm micro excells at blindfire and ain't too bad at aiming if you have the rate of fire equipped. I've grown fond of of the TAU sniper with the rate of fire mod equipped and its the only pistol that has call out on it. The raffica though will forever be a piece of shit. That pistol seriously is unreliable and the worst one.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I read through the Q&A but I just have a hard time caring anymore for what they have to say in them. The Plunder answer in particular is dumb because it wasn't asking to copy and paste their Uncharted 2 fixes onto 3. See, Naughty Dog can fix these modes but downright refuse to do it and it's incredibly frustrating to read an answer like that while ignoring the actual problem.

Esura

Banned
Is the online similar to U2 but better? The GOTY Edition came out recently and I'm thinking about buying it now that I finished TWD.

Xdye7

3. Are you ever going to fix the reloading while switching cover glitch? (Cheek_Boys)

This is something we can’t fix due to an issue with animations that would cause mirror animations. It would be even more disruptive. Sorry!

lmfao

Keep playing and we’ll keep supporting. It’s pretty simple math

Simple math... the only math ND can do. A broken-ass game can only be played for so long.

"Fix blindfire" -everyone

"lolnope" -ND

hao chi

Hmm... would I rather have funky ass reload animations, or die because I keep having to restart my Tbolt reloading animation?

Tough choice.

jett

D-Member
What I want them these people to fix is the game automatically equipping your pistol after you drop the treasure, whether you actually used it or not. THAT'S FUCKING STUPID AND IT WASN'T LIKE THAT IN UC2.

*cough*

What I want them these people to fix is the game automatically equipping your pistol after you drop the treasure, whether you actually used it or not. THAT'S FUCKING STUPID AND IT WASN'T LIKE THAT IN UC2.

*cough*
Eric answered that in a previous Q&A... he basically said that "it makes sense, no?".

eloestmn

Completed two rare treasure sets in my first match of arena today. :] Only took 13 months and a rare treasure drop weekend to get em.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great news! Can you test if co-op drops are also rare Mr. Benjiman?

Edit: lol didn't read your post clearly the first time. Never mind!

The rare drop rate seems the same if not increased by a tiny bit. Might be the fact that the drop rate was adjusted. I managed to get a lot of common duplicates by farming Arena, but I got a couple of rares (nothing new). Amazingly, I got the Silver Ottoman Bracelet (Chloe's Winter Hat rare) in Arena for the very first time, but I already had it.

Might do some Hunter splitscreen farm later and see how that plays out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I managed to unlock the skeletons in co-op adventure easily but having no luck in completing my arena sets...

eloestmn

Great news! Can you test if co-op drops are also rare Mr. Benjiman?

Edit: lol didn't read your post clearly the first time. Never mind!

My bad, I did write that out a little weird. I should have said I got 2 rare treasures to drop which finished off two set I needed. 0_o

I managed to unlock the skeletons in co-op adventure easily but having no luck in completing my arena sets...
I didnt get anything else that I need after those 2 I got in the first match and I played nothing but Arena for 4 hours.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_co_op_rare_treasure_drop_weekend_and_double_cash/

^ So, that means no increased rare drop rate for Competitive modes?

Also, I didn't know that NPCs in Hunter could drop treasures...
From reading that blog post, it sure sounds like it. Wtf? Wow, Eric replied confirming it's just co-op. Why not make it for both at the same time? hahaha, that's crazy. Logic. ND.

Also, out of all the Hunter games I've played, I have not ONCE seen an NPC drop a treasure. It's always the human players that does. I played Hunter Arena yesterday and managed to somehow run into friends in matchmaking and we "farmed"...let's just say that I had better drop rates in regular arena than in Hunter. :\

Still no dice in completing my arena sets. Sigh... :(

I only need TWO drops. TWO. C'mon!!

From reading that blog post, it sure sounds like it. Wtf? Wow, Eric replied confirming it's just co-op. Why not make it for both at the same time? hahaha, that's crazy. Logic. ND.

Also, out of all the Hunter games I've played, I have not ONCE seen an NPC drop a treasure. It's always the human players that does. I played Hunter Arena yesterday and managed to somehow run into friends in matchmaking and we "farmed"...let's just say that I had better drop rates in regular arena than in Hunter. :\

Still no dice in completing my arena sets. Sigh... :(

I only need TWO drops. TWO. C'mon!!

Well play some Hunter with me (legit or farming...). I can't bring myself to play it solo anymore. Partners keep quitting or the other side leaves. I was playing earlier and my partner quit leaving me with two butt-huggers on the other team. I got two rares but they were dupes for me. :/

hao chi

Well play some Hunter with me (legit or farming...). I can't bring myself to play it solo anymore. Partners keep quitting or the other side leaves. I was playing earlier and my partner quit leaving me with two butt-huggers on the other team. I got two rares but they were dupes for me. :/

I'll probably be on tonight. I might be up for one or two Hunter matches.

Strike

Partners keep quitting or the other side leaves. I was playing earlier and my partner quit leaving me with two butt-huggers on the other team.
I've been running into that same problem. It's pretty annoying. I'm totally up for boosting these with you guys. I'd like to finally 100% this thing (again) before the end of the year.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm seriously going to give up. No matter how much I spend playing co-op arena, the two rare pieces of my remaining sets are not dropping. I keep getting their common treasures, but not the piece I'm missing. This is just frustrating.

jett

D-Member
I don't know why you bother going treasure hunting. I can't imagine it being anything other than the most frustrating gaming experience of possible. If I suffered from that much OCD I'd just pony up the DLC cash I think. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Buying it won't give me the drop, which means it's pointless. I want my 100% completion back and it sucks that because of this luck based system I won't get it.

I was a little disappointed in hearing that the rare treasure drop weekend only applied to Co-Op, which I had (thankfully) already completed...luckily though before the event started I had already picked up all but 2 competitive treasures, which I completed yesterday. I don't want to do that again for a long time...the elimination/free for all sets were a bit of a pain.

Now time to see if I can get Team Safe leveled-up again.

Top Bottom