• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

iLLmAtlc

Was reading a little but holy shit that's a skyscraper of text. Too much drama in U3 MP, one of the main reasons why I stopped playing lol. People take it way too seriously and way too much rage, etc.

Xdye7

Holiday update w/ new Mesh Map

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_holiday_items_and_block_mesh_lab_map/

edit:

For those of you wanting to complete the Arena treasure sets, I've seen a few posts over at the NDF that may confirm a treasure theory of mine. The treasure system seems to take into account which rare treasures the players have/don't have. So, in order for a new treasure to drop, you need to be playing with at least one other person that needs that same treasure. Looking back at all the times I've gotten new rare treasures in Arena, it was always with either low-level players in matchmaking (confirmed they didn't have it before via PM) or friends that were also missing that treasure. Additionally, I have played a lot of Arena with a friend who has all of the treasures, and treasures drop as if he was a low level with no treasures. Accordingly, I think it's safe to assume that no sets completed and all sets completed is treated equally in this treasure drop system.

tl;dr:

Play Arena with people who:
-have no treasures
-have all the treasures
-need the treasures you need

Worst case scenario, get two friends to create alt accounts and have them play Arena exclusively with you.

hao chi

I've been hoping since Uncharted 2 they would just let us wear a Santa hat on any character. Apparently this still isn't the year for that...

Holiday update w/ new Mesh Map

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_holiday_items_and_block_mesh_lab_map/

edit:

For those of you wanting to complete the Arena treasure sets, I've seen a few posts over at the NDF that may confirm a treasure theory of mine. The treasure system seems to take into account which rare treasures the players have/don't have. So, in order for a new treasure to drop, you need to be playing with at least one other person that needs that same treasure. Looking back at all the times I've gotten new rare treasures in Arena, it was always with either low-level players in matchmaking (confirmed they didn't have it before via PM) or friends that were also missing that treasure. Additionally, I have played a lot of Arena with a friend who has all of the treasures, and treasures drop as if he was a low level with no treasures. Accordingly, I think it's safe to assume that no sets completed and all sets completed is treated equally in this treasure drop system.

tl;dr:

Play Arena with people who:
-have no treasures
-have all the treasures
-need the treasures you need

Worst case scenario, get two friends to create alt accounts and have them play Arena exclusively with you.

If that was the case, I'd have to be playing the default pool in Arena, where the chances of seeing a Crushing game finish is low. :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
um, I don't buy that theory whatsoever. I mostly play arena with randoms and I haven't unlocked shit. That's ALL I did on the "rare" drop weekend and no dice. Fuck their bullshit luck system.

Xdye7

Key word was low-level, aka people who couldn't have possibly played enough to have gotten any rare treasures.

Playing with experienced (played enough to have some rare treasures) randoms is probably the worst thing to do in terms of treasure hunting. Everyone will need different treasures, splitting the chance of the particular treasure everyone needs by three.

Bad:

P1 needs treasure x
P2 treasure y
P3 treasure z

Good:

P1 treasure x
P2 treasure x
P3 treasure x

Absolutely everyone I've played with on Objective who tries to snipe from far outside the hill absolutely sucks at sniping. Every time. It would barely be helpful if they were decent and they never are. This doesn't happen often but still, it just gets to me.

Also, ND will probably create a new map pack out of the lab maps and charge for it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Absolutely everyone I've played with on Objective who tries to snipe from far outside the hill absolutely sucks at sniping. Every time. It would barely be helpful if they were decent and they never are. This doesn't happen often but still, it just gets to me.

Also, ND will probably create a new map pack out of the lab maps and charge for it.
It gets to me too, so I always kill them for being worthless and not contributing anything to the team.

hao chi

Was reading a little but holy shit that's a skyscraper of text. Too much drama in U3 MP, one of the main reasons why I stopped playing lol. People take it way too seriously and way too much rage, etc.

Uncharted's competitive community has a surprisingly large amount of drama considering how small it is. It's been that way since U2.

Wtf is with the sudden influx of glitchers? I'm going to report that one we found last night.

Thanks for the reminder.

The uncharted community isn't bad, sometimes it just seems like it. Some people try to take the MP very seriously and some like to play casually and that's all fine. Any game people love to play are going to take it to heart no matter how big or the small the community is.

This unimportant tourney seriousness with over the top players is nothing compared compared to Metal Gear Onlines Survival tourneys. Holy shit was a cesspool that was.

hao chi

The uncharted community isn't bad, sometimes it just seems like it. Some people try to take the MP very seriously and some like to play casually and that's all fine. Any game people love to play are going to take it to heart no matter how big or the small the community is.

This unimportant tourney seriousness with over the top players is nothing compared compared to Metal Gear Onlines Survival tourneys. Holy shit was a cesspool that was.

I was mainly referring to some of the more... interesting Youtube videos out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUa0RfMYkfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyTRR0-gK4k

There's a whole bunch more stupid videos like those. Rivalries and stuff like that is cool with me, but some Uncharted players just upload some of the stupidest shit imaginable.

Though I know these videos are just from a small portion of the community.

iLLmAtlc

That reminds me of when I watched tournament TDM between the two alleged top U3 teams and the score was literally like 3-2 when there were 2 minutes left because of the camping, holy shit that was embarrassing.

hao chi

That reminds me of when I watched tournament TDM between the two alleged top U3 teams and the score was literally like 3-2 when there were 2 minutes left because of the camping, holy shit that was embarrassing.

3-2 is a hockey score, not Uncharted.

facepalm.gif

Xdye7

This argument between GET+ and B2K is the best thing to come out of Uncharted. Triple and Bio are absolutely shitting all over dadypain and he still manages to pull some total bullshit "rebuttal" (if you can even call it that) out of his ass.

It's truly marvelous.

edit:

dadypain said:
BIG2KREW reserves the right to suspend any player as a result of excessive lag

Why even bother posting this if you're not going to enforce it?

For those of you who haven't had the privilege of playing Saudi Elite or any of its members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKd0tTTL0c

hao chi

I remember a couple of GAFers complaining about their lag (Star and GS2 I think). But still, holy shit at that video.

Props to triple for not complaining about their Walmart connections.

International tournaments will always be a joke IMHO. People know that there will be lag, but they still play customs. Go figure.

A LAN tournament is the most fair form of competition, but it's difficult to organize something like that.

GRIP

International tournaments will always be a joke IMHO. People know that there will be lag, but they still play customs. Go figure.

A LAN tournament is the most fair form of competition, but it's difficult to organize something like that.

Yeah, the prizes need to be worth the effort to go to something like that. I think it's safe to say that a new headset and a controller signed by ND isn't going to get people from all over the world to travel for an Uncharted LAN tournament.

It's a shame that this tournament has turned into the fiasco it has. Both, B2K and TripleWreck do a lot of good things for the community, and as a result of this shit storm a lot of people are taking sides which is unfortunate to say the least.

GRIP

It's not a matter of prizes (at least for grown-up adults who have a job), it's a matter of fairness. Fairness is impossible with so much lag (Saudi Elite is the worst offender probably).

Anyway, B2K uploaded a video rebuttal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4fwzfQwtd0

http://i.imgur.com/bQ5BM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z7KKK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ufjzL.jpg

They even called them "coons". /SMH

Huh? You think people are going to travel and spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in the name of fairness? Yeah, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on that.

Huh? You think people are going to travel and spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in the name of fairness? Yeah, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on that.
No and that's why we should have regional tournaments.

Seriously, who cares about prizes? I can buy a capture card with a couple days of work.

Only kids are interested for obvious reasons.

GRIP

No and that's why we should have regional tournaments.

Seriously, who cares about prizes? I can buy a capture card with a couple days of work.

Only kids are interested for obvious reasons.

Umm..... that is kinda my point about making prizes worth the effort. No one is going to travel and spend a significant amount of money for the sake of fairness or for a prize that isn't worth the time.

I think you are really underestimating what motivates people to participate in events like you are describing.

Umm..... that is kinda my point about making prizes worth the effort. No one is going to travel and spend a significant amount of money for the sake of fairness or for a prize that isn't worth the time.

I think you are really underestimating what motivates people to participate in events like you are describing.
Thankfully I have a job, so I'm not interested in prizes... unless the prize is something like Kim Kardashian, lol.

Why the hell should I "compete" for a capture card, when I can get it in a fraction of time and as an added bonus, I won't have to deal with BS such as e-drama and lag? I feel like I'm competing enough in the real world, so I prefer to play pubs for fun in a more relaxed mood.

I'm not underestimating anything; If I was a kid, then maybe I would be interested in those prizes. Kids don't have a job and constitute the majority of the community.

GRIP

Thankfully I have a job, so I'm not interested in prizes... unless the prize is something like Kim Kardashian, lol.

Why the hell should I "compete" for a capture card, when I can get it in a fraction of time and as an added bonus, I won't have to deal with BS such as e-drama and lag? I feel like I'm competing enough in the real world, so I prefer to play pubs for fun in a more relaxed mood.

I'm not underestimating anything; If I was a kid, then maybe I would be interested in those prizes. Kids don't have a job and constitute the majority of the community.

WTF? Tap, WTF?

Edit: To elaborate, LAN tournaments are not realistic unless there is incentive for the players. I don't know what is so hard to grasp about that concept.

hao chi

Tap, GRIP is saying that people would need prizes better than a capture card for them to travel to play in a tournament. Think something like $5000 that would be split evenly among a team of five players.

I have a question regarding the network pass. I bought U3 GOTY version for my nephew as an Christmas present. The copy is from the UK, so obviously he needs to redeem the network pass on an UK account. However, the master account on his console is tied to the country we live in and he wants to keep playing on that account because of trophies. So the question is, if he redeems and installs the network pass on the UK sub-account, will he be able to play U3 online on his main account?

I know from experience that redeeming network passes or other downloadable content on the master account allows all the sub-accounts to play online/use the content as well, but i'm not sure if it works the same way when you redeem a code on an sub-account. Does anyone know a definite answer to this?

GRIP

I have a question regarding the network pass. I bought U3 GOTY version for my nephew as an Christmas present. The copy is from the UK, so obviously he needs to redeem the network pass on an UK account. However, the master account on his console is tied to the country we live in and he wants to keep playing on that account because of trophies. So the question is, if he redeems and installs the network pass on the UK sub-account, will he be able to play U3 online on his main account?

I know from experience that redeeming network passes or other downloadable content on the master account allows all the sub-accounts to play online/use the content as well, but i'm not sure if it works the same way when you redeem a code on an sub-account. Does anyone know a definite answer to this?

I don't see why there would be an issue.

Edit: To elaborate, LAN tournaments are not realistic unless there is incentive for the players. I don't know what is so hard to grasp about that concept.
Maybe LAN tournaments are not realistic, but regional tournaments are more feasible and probably equally fair, as long they have strict rules (5 bar ping and no WiFi connections).

Honestly, I don't think that we will ever see a $5000 prize, especially after the B2K fiasco. The sponsors probably realized the immaturity of the "competitive" UC3 scene, so why would they waste more money?

GRIP

Maybe LAN tournaments are not realistic, but regional tournaments are more feasible and probably equally fair, as long they have strict rules (5 bar ping and no WiFi connections).

Honestly, I don't think that we will ever see a $5000 prize, especially after the B2K fiasco. The sponsors probably realized the immaturity of the "competitive" UC3 scene, so why would they waste more money?

There my point is, and there my point goes. Tap, really?

There my point is, and there my point goes. Tap, really?
What exactly don't you understand? I was talking about regional internet tournaments.

For example, Spain should have its own regional tournament where only Spanish players could participate.

Your point is what exactly? That everything is all about money? Do you honestly expect sponsors to provide prizes for future tournaments after all this fiasco? Is that realistic? What would you do in their position?

GRIP

What exactly don't you understand? I was talking about regional internet tournaments.

For example, Spain should have its own regional tournament where only Spanish players could participate.

Your point is what exactly? That everything is all about money? Do you honestly expect sponsors to provide prizes for future tournaments after all this fiasco? Is that realistic? What would you do in their position?

K, I'm done.

eloestmn

Your point is what exactly?

Jeez, all hes saying is that no one would probably want to potentially travel thousands of miles or spend who knows how much money in order to get to a LAN only tournament if the prize isnt worth the effort. I wouldnt fly to the UK from the US for a capture device or some headphones. I would, however, do it if the prize was $20,000.

Top Bottom