• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Jeez, all hes saying is that no one would probably want to potentially travel thousands of miles or spend who knows how much money in order to get to a LAN only tournament if the prize isnt worth the effort. I wouldnt fly to the UK from the US for a capture device or some headphones. I would, however, do it if the prize was $20,000.
HERE WE GO AGAIN: I WAS TALKING ABOUT REGIONAL TOURNAMENTS! GEEZ... NO NEED TO TRAVEL THOUSANDS OF MILES ACROSS THE OCEAN!!! THAT'S JUST STUPID.

For example, Spain should have its own regional tournament where only Spanish players could participate.

You ignore my points and then you want to "discuss"? Laughable to say the least.

Anyway, good luck trying to find a sponsor to donate $20K. If you think that's realistic, then there's no need to discuss it any further.

You know that you have lost an argument when you start spewing ad-hominem.

I'm not going to post them in huge red bold letters, because even then you'd still ignore them.

eloestmn

Man, you guys are, hell I dont know how best to describe it.

I know no one would offer up 20 grand for a u3 tourney. the fuck is wrong with you guys. I was using that as an example of what it would take to make me spend money and time to get to a LAN tourney on the other side of the planet.

HERE WE GO AGAIN: I WAS TALKING ABOUT REGIONAL TOURNAMENTS! GEEZ... NO NEED TO TRAVEL THOUSANDS OF MILES ACROSS THE OCEAN!!! THAT'S JUST STUPID.

I complete understood what you meant. It didnt seem you could grasp what Grip was saying so I tried to Brady it up as much as possible. Doesnt matter if it was stupid, it was a hypothetical example from bizzaro land.

GRIP

You know that you have lost an argument when you start spewing ad-hominem.

I'm not going to post them in huge red bold letters, because even then you'd still ignore them.

For fucks sake dude, you haven't even given me the chance of spewing ad-hominem

Where's that Uncharted3.gif when you need it?

I don't see why there would be an issue.

I thought there might be some restrictions to curb game sharing or whatever, but it seems that U3's network pass will work on the same console regardless of which account it's been redeemed on.

Strike

Where's that Uncharted3.gif when you need it?
IGFlf.gif

This is better.

Binabik15

Uncharted 3 Or: I can't come to this party

I'm on a phat 60 gig PS3 and got German UC3 Goty for christmas. So far so good. When I want to update it, though, it restarts the PS3 instead (with my US account), starts DL/ing and sooner or later gives an error during the first of three updates or does the same rebooting PS3 shit (German account).

Granted, internet here in my family's new home is dreadful, but that normaly means shitty DL speeds and sometimes DL disconnects when I'm using fileshare sites, not "I can't use my 30€ PS3 game".

Fuck.

Any help?

I can't tell you the error number right now, cause after two failed DLs it does the restarting thing with the German account now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Okay this is starting to annoy me. Today, every time I try and play certain maps (chataeu), while the countdown starts, all sound cuts off and I'm stuck in the lobby while everyone else is in the spinning ring. wtf is up with this shit? I never had that problem before. It's pissing me off.

I sign off and my PS3 freezes...

edit:

it worked now. weird...

Think it was due because I kept running into a party of two who maybe didn't have compatible connection to mine...

Uncharted 3 Or: I can't come to this party

I'm on a phat 60 gig PS3 and got German UC3 Goty for christmas. So far so good. When I want to update it, though, it restarts the PS3 instead (with my US account), starts DL/ing and sooner or later gives an error during the first of three updates or does the same rebooting PS3 shit (German account).

Granted, internet here in my family's new home is dreadful, but that normaly means shitty DL speeds and sometimes DL disconnects when I'm using fileshare sites, not "I can't use my 30€ PS3 game".

Fuck.

Any help?

I can't tell you the error number right now, cause after two failed DLs it does the restarting thing with the German account now.

Hmm. Maybe try to delete any previous installed U3 data and go wired next time you download?

Okay this is starting to annoy me. Today, every time I try and play certain maps (chataeu), while the countdown starts, all sound cuts off and I'm stuck in the lobby while everyone else is in the spinning ring. wtf is up with this shit? I never had that problem before. It's pissing me off.

I sign off and my PS3 freezes...

edit:

it worked now. weird...

Think it was due because I kept running into a party of two who maybe didn't have compatible connection to mine...

Sounds like the "Mono virus". :p

Binabik15

It downloaded the third time I could get into the DL part of the process.

What's all this talk about the game being rushed? I'm going to horse attack the convoy after fucking up a ship,some boats AND a plane.

Combat is still good, love the wall pushing and enemy placement is spotty, but UC2 was the same. Nothing touches the first games' monastery yard fight and church fight so far. Checkpoint placement in fights is weird and I hate that you can't go all stealth in the fights, but the first was the same here. It shows that the devs want to funnel you into the scripted parts of the fights.

But I don't get the whole "ZOMG, game is ruined/rushed/fail" stuff I've seen so much on GAF (and I almost didn't buy the game because of it!).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The campaign doesn't have the same replay factor as the other games. I've played the first and second Uncharted more than 3 times each and enjoy myself. However, I can't bring myself to replay 3 because it's so tedious and uninteresting to me. The gunplay doesn't feel as good as 2's and some areas are just boring to play. Plus, it doesn't have any unlockable content for single player like the other games did, which made replay runs a lot of fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I want to thank Mono for the incredible hilarious Plunder matches tonight. So many laughs. Cursed idol Plunder is the fucking BEST and we will do this more often. When the other teams killed each other I fucking lost it. Even better when we started killing each other cuz we didn't give a fuck. :lol :lol

IceCold

I just finished this game and I liked it and don't get all the hate it gets around here. There are a few things I didn't like though: 1) Lackluster ending 2) Too many similar moments to Uncharted 2. 3) Not even levels in natural settings.

Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 1

But man, some of the events in this game are absolutely epic.
dat sinking ship.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
No.

Edit:

Good games tonight as usual gang. Had a ton of fun trolling again with Cursed idol. And haochi, me and you are a one man army. We just destroy every party that comes our way in Team Objective. No matter how cheap the load outs are from the other team, they still get destroyed in the end.

Also, I will NEVER understand what goes in people's heads when they are in a party of 4 and fucking quit like pussies just because they can't take a loss. Our last match had us facing a party of 4 with ridiculous stats and one member had like 150k obj points, and they quit at the end of round 2. FFS, they're in a party of FOUR against a party of 2 (us) with randoms. Fucking shit needs to be heavily penalized. It irks me when parties do that.

Have a good new year, UC3 GAF!

hao chi

I noticed you guys played with one of my friends, per se. I'll party up again in the New Year. :3

Yeah, I have no idea who they were though. They didn't really say anything in chat other than some stuff to mono, and one thing in particular was, uh... interesting.

So I just finished UC3's SP.

Drake is so sexy, and young Sully is also so manly. But what a confusingly written story.

Edit: Also, can I have a video of this tournie fiasco?

Mascot

Finally playing through U3, am halfway through the
desert
level.
It's a truly epic and beautiful game that is totally ruined for me by some of the vaguest, most rage-inducing shooting mechanics I've ever come across.
Unfortunately, the last few levels I've played seem to consist almost entirely of procrastinated gun battles against bullet sponges.
Ergo, I'm no longer enjoying myself very much.
Which is a real shame.

hao chi

Finally playing through U3, am halfway through the
desert
level.
It's a truly epic and beautiful game that is totally ruined for me by some of the vaguest, most rage-inducing shooting mechanics I've ever come across.
Unfortunately, the last few levels I've played seem to consist almost entirely of procrastinated gun battles against bullet sponges.
Ergo, I'm no longer enjoying myself very much.
Which is a real shame.

Just in case you didn't already know about it, in the options there's an aiming system that's much smoother.

Mascot

Just in case you didn't already know about it, in the options there's an aiming system that's much smoother.

Thanks, I did not know that, but have now finished the game using the default settings (and tweaked sensitivity). What's the logic in not having the better aiming system as the default setting? I might have enjoyed U3 an awful lot more than I did if the gun battles were more playable and less frustrating. Bah!

hao chi

Thanks, I did not know that, but have now finished the game using the default settings (and tweaked sensitivity). What's the logic in not having the better aiming system as the default setting? I might have enjoyed U3 an awful lot more than I did if the gun battles were more playable and less frustrating. Bah!

Because Naughty Dog.

I haven't dedicated much play time to U3 anymore. I had finished my break the other night, so maybe I'll start playing a lot more once I platinum inFAMOUS 2.

Xdye7

Finally got around to playing this again after nearly 2 months. Got to level 9 and unlocked Sully's fedora. Woot.

edit:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_block_mesh_lab_map_9_update/

I wonder what the "major" news will be. Apparently a few people of "importance" already know.

"We would like to announce our major success regarding the sales of Uncharted 3 and its DLC.

An incredible amount of content has been output by Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3 development team. Extra efforts to avoid community suggestions have been made.

umad"

f2p pls

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I would like to thank Mono for the beautiful Cursed Plunder matches we had right now. Seriously they were our best matches yet. So much fun. I think all the randoms who were playing with us would agree. Everyone would run into the smoke to get cursed on purpose. I cried so hard of laughter. our Old Quarter and Molten Ruin matches... :lol :lol

Top Bottom