• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Metacritic down to 93 now? Where is Marius
I was playing on Crushing

Pranay_ said:
Sadly that review went into metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/the-av-club?filter=games

5/10

This is wierd :|

and it was a small review as well

tumblr_lo103sQePp1qax8ll.gif

Raonak

Banned
Snipes424 said:
This is why metacritic needs to die.

Millions of dollars of investments are being affected by random internet douche bag #354.
I agree, but I don't think any invester is gonna be effected by a 1 point difference.

cajunator

Banned
metacritic is fine. It has enough higher scores to balance out the shit ones for most quality games. If a game is good enough, it can absorb the hater bombs.

sephi22

rhino4evr said:
Shouldn't a C be a 7?
Nope. C means average. A few years ago, average meant a 5. 6 meant 'good but flawed'. 7 meant 'good'. 8 meant 'great'. And 9 meant 'Buy this now'. 9s were rare enough and in the rare chance a game got a 10, it meant its one of the best games on that console.

However, in the last few years fanboy tantrums and pressure from publishers has made the enthusiast press give out 8s and 9s and 10s left and right, leading to 7 becoming the new average score.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I was the one that posted several pages back that U3 might objectively be an equal or better than U2, but it won't have the same impact on people.

U2 was a HUGE leap over the original, and U3 isn't a huge leap over U2.

It's cinematic. ND has an incredible attention to detail. It's an AWESOME game with great writing. It takes you on an adventure.

But just expect something that feels like U2... not more. ND didn't "outdo" themselves. They matched themselves.

Raonak

Banned
GDJustin said:
U2 was a HUGE leap over the original

I don't know. I really enjoyed U1; felt the only big improvement on U2 was the set peices and the enemy encounters (no multiple wave nonsense)

U1 had a better plot.

Juice

So why did the industry start paying attention to metacritic when gamerankings had been around for years doing the same thing?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Snipes424 said:
This is why metacritic needs to die.

Millions of dollars of investments are being affected by random internet douche bag #354.

Anyone taking statistics like this seriously will notice that 50/100 is a major outlier and will adjust their judgment accordingly.

This review isn't hurting anyone except Uncharted's most misguided cheerleaders.

I like how there are a few people disappointed or going insane, but when we all finally play the game, like 90% of them will be like... "OMGWTF THIS IS AMAZING!"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
cajunator said:
Basically.
Well not "amazing" but I will certainly be having fun.

If the stuff you see and play in this game is not amazing then i really don't know.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Okay, can anyone tell me why can't the second player use his own account anymore? I don't see anyone complaining about it and I think its lame as hell! If LBP can do it why can't UC3???? :mad:

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I like how there are a few people disappointed or going insane, but when we all finally play the game, like 90% of them will be like... "OMGWTF THIS IS AMAZING!"

I can pretty much assure you of this.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Not saying MC means anything but I find it kinda funny how out of 56 reviews AVClub's is the only one thats somewhat negative (mixed).

cajunator

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
What gaming moments do you consider to be amazing?
The first time I saw Mario in 3D and the first time I played Zelda OOt and saw Hyrule field. that's pretty much it. But that was moving from 2D to 3D so it hardly counts.

JohngPR

Inanna said:
Okay, can anyone tell me why can't the second player use his own account anymore? I don't see anyone complaining about it and I think its lame as hell! If LBP can do it why can't UC3???? :mad:

Especially when the summer Beta had it implemented. It was pretty cool because I could play with my son and we can both accrue our own EXP. :(

Raonak

Banned
cajunator said:
I guess I dont know because not much in games is amazing to me.
Games tend to amaze me more than other media. or the amazing moments are more memorable.
MGS4 had a lot of amazing moments. U2's train. dat technology. im still trying to figure out how they're doing it. Just cause 2, when i realised how huge the map is. R3's widowmaker stampeed. also heavy rain when the killer was revealed (totally suspected someone else because someone "spoiled" it.) thats all the recent ones.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone get all the treasures yet? I have 99 treasures and I only need 1 left, spent a couple hours trying to find it. Somewhere in Ch 12

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
JohngPR said:
Especially when the summer Beta had it implemented. It was pretty cool because I could play with my son and we can both accrue our own EXP. :(
Have they even explained why it was taken out? Or if we're going to have it back someday?

Hypereides

Gold Member
Loudninja said:
Tenzen was awesome.

Good point, actually I hope that Tenzen will make an appearence in the next Uncharted. He deserves to be a part of the main Uncharted crew.

I like Charlie Cutter too btw, awesome guy.

Amy Henning really has to get some credit for fleshing out these character (not forgetting the rest of the ND crew! respect!).

Top Bottom