• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

SRG01

Represent. said:
Pace yourself man. Pan the camera around, take in the graphics, walk slowly to make it more movie-like, die purposely on set-pieces so when you replay them it looks like a movie, etc. Come on brah. Also; play on hard.

This is the truth. I'm playing on Hard and it feels almost exactly the same.

The only game I had to dial back the difficulty was God of War 3

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing and finished the
rooftop chase as young Drake

-Graphics are amazing but I had to replay that section way too many times due to sloppy controls! Story is great so far and controls aside this game is already fantastic.

Toki767 said:
Co-op is where you go for money. Competitive is really just for competitive.

Will I be a huge dick if I matchmake co-op without any headset, or is it fairly straightforward? My bluetooth earpiece isn't working.

Toki767

BigJiantRobut said:
Will I be a huge dick if I matchmake co-op without any headset, or is it fairly straightforward? My bluetooth earpiece isn't working.
Most people don't have a headset. It's PSN we're talking about.

Tiktaalik

With regard to stealthing my way across this courtyard in Chapter 6? (
persia
) correctly do I have to have my partner follow me? Because he's not...

Sullichin

WinoMcCougarstein said:

-Graphics are amazing but I had to replay that section way too many times due to sloppy controls! Story is great so far and controls aside this game is already fantastic.

whats sloppy about the controls?

Patapwn

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Oh wow. Just got home and found out I forgot to cancel my order from NewEgg.

I have 2 Drakes 3 now! o_O
Yeah, I'm in the same boat... oopsies...

More is always better I guess. And it gives me a chance to 'love' the game without fear of breaking my one and only disk!

Agent X

I got my Collector's Edition earlier tonight, so I dabbled with the single-player game for a little while. Just like the others in the series, it's an extremely well made game so far. The action is fairly laid back and doesn't get too intense in the early chapters, but it's a good warm-up. I'm sure the game will turn up the heat later. The storytelling is top notch, just as you would expect from the series.

I also must say that the extras that comprise the Collector's Edition package are very nice. The package is physically large even by the standards of most other Collector's Editions these days, and it's a little more expensive as well, but the contents are worth it for enthusiasts.

Loudninja

Man that whole chapter 7 was fantastic loved it.

Lots of funny dialogue as well.

Haha
Drake:Is this some kind of medieval game show?

Tiktaalik

Tiktaalik said:
With regard to stealthing my way across this courtyard in Chapter 6? (
persia
) correctly do I have to have my partner follow me? Because he's not...

Arghh yeah I seemingly have to kill guys in an exact order. A bit lame.

Yeah, 7 chapters in and I'm bored to tears already. It feels exactly like U2, even the story and settings are pretty much identical minus a few name changes.

I'm sure it'll ramp up, but I think hype got to me and I was expecting to have my world rocked from the get go.

EloquentM said:
Just beat it on hard. good lord Naughty Dog what have you done?

the ending to chapter 22 takes the crown for best set piece for me even more so than the one from chapter 15.
the way the sand was moving... truly beautiful

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Sullichin said:
whats sloppy about the controls?

Running through corridors that require precision and it feels like I'm skating on butter and bouncing off rubber walls. Not to mention running up to objects and pressing X just to have Drake run into them and not jump is somewhat annoying. It's pretty minor and doesn't really bring the game down but the controls feel very loose.

linzin

Neo Member
WinoMcCougarstein said:

Rooftop scene annoyed the fuck out of me. The way the camera shifts while you're running makes it annoying to control.

Finished the game couple hours ago. Overall, felt like it regressed from UC1/2 in a lot of ways. Obvious improvements included graphics and puzzles, but overall story, level design, and controls felt worse. The controls feeling worse might be because I'm fresh off Batman, though. And despite its flaws, I did have fun, and stuck around long enough to beat it. *shrug*

EloquentM

aka Mannny
madmaxx350 said:
the ending to chapter 22 takes the crown for best set piece for me even more so than the one from chapter 15.
the way the sand was moving... truly beautiful
probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in a video game, ever.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
linzin said:
Rooftop scene annoyed the fuck out of me. The way the camera shifts while you're running makes it annoying to control.

Finished the game couple hours ago. Overall, felt like it regressed from UC1/2 in a lot of ways. Obvious improvements included graphics and puzzles, but overall story, level design, and controls felt worse. The controls feeling worse might be because I'm fresh off Batman, though. And despite its flaws, I did have fun, and stuck around long enough to beat it. *shrug*

The controls definitely don't hamper my experience to a point where it isn't fun but they are really loose. I also just came from Batman and that game controlled very well. Maybe I just need to adjust to Uncharted.

patsu

WinoMcCougarstein said:
Running through corridors that require precision and it feels like I'm skating on butter and bouncing off rubber walls. Not to mention running up to objects and pressing X just to have Drake run into them and not jump is somewhat annoying. It's pretty minor and doesn't really bring the game down but the controls feel very loose.

I don't have that problem. Didn't really need precision, just time your jump near the edge. Running is no issue though.

I also don't have much aiming problem at least in the early chapters. Prefer to rush up enemies and melee them anyway.

The Chef

EloquentM said:
probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in a video game, ever.

omg hype. I am so tempted to play for another few hours tonight. Just got to Chapter 11 but I MUST savor this game, its just too damn perfect.

I know it was in a previous trailer but I lol'd at:

"Shotguns?"
"Why not?"

Dat Sully.
KuGsj.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Up to chapter 9 now, really liking everything and starting to get used to the aiming, but seriously...what the hell did they do? Why? The enemies also are not reacting to my bullets, they just run around like assholes and absorb it, it's extremely odd.

The Interrobanger said:
Yeah, 7 chapters in and I'm bored to tears already. It feels exactly like U2, even the story and settings are pretty much identical minus a few name changes.

I'm sure it'll ramp up, but I think hype got to me and I was expecting to have my world rocked from the get go.

Well you are right about it ramping up. The London Underground and Syria didn't do it for me.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
So what do you guys suppose happened between Elena and Nate between U2 and U3? Wish we could've got more backstory.

Loudninja

KeioSquad2 said:
I'm stuck at the horse / phoenix puzzle
any one have any clues? This game is simply blowing my mind..........
Yeah
look around the room and you should see symbols as you get near them with your torch.Now put what ever piece you see on those wall between those symbols you see on the floor.The first ones are already giving to you in the journal

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I LOVE soundtrack in this game! And, as always, the voice acting is really good!

Edit: I also find my self stopping and looking around environments more in this game than any other game. Simple things like water running down the walls in the sewer impress the hell out of me.

Loudninja said:
Yeah
look around the room and you should see symbols as you get near them with your torch..Now put what ever piece you see on those wall between those symbols

Cool, thanks mate........

Ohwiseone

I played all the way to when the
The ship begins to sink

Nothing can beat Naughty Dog, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they expand some on the Elena/Drake storyline.

I am starting to have that feeling that everything from here on out will keep getting faster and faster until something big happens.

But DAT WATER... and its so pretty.

AcciDante

Just finished it on normal. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, but didn't think it was too great in gameplay terms. Controls felt sloppy all over, and the level layouts/checkpoints were killing me a lot of the time.

I could play to completion, but with work tomorrow, and being at Chapter 16, I think I should stop before some of those wow moments happen and I'm all tired...

Top Bottom