• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Glassboy

Finished it. I gotta say, that was pretty fucking awesome. Loved the story between Sully and Drake. That's all I want to say for now because it's getting late. You know a game is awesome when you play through it in basically one sitting and stay up until 2 in the morning doing so. Bravo Naughty Dogs!

ChocolatePuddin said:
A good point from the story side of things, but wouldn't Jumping from assassins 1 to Revelations have that wow mind blowing factor because, like you say there is so much improvement. Wouldn't it almost be better to read up on the story jump into Revelations and let the face melting begin?

I mean, sure you'd be wowed, but I've really enjoyed actually playing the evolution of this series to what's it has become in Revalations. And I'm willing to bet that reading the story online will have you just as lost in Revalations as not playing the middle games. They've gone above and beyond crazy, and the Assassin's Creed wiki pages are more for clearing up what you think you know.

And to keep this on topic: Uncharted 3's awesome!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Android18a said:
Wait, no single player unlockable cheats? ;_;

This is what I'm wondering. I'm sure it's been covered before, but I'm hoping they're hidden because this is my first playthrough. Uncharted 1 and 2 had the best unlockable system of this gen...the skins, the weapons, the cheats, they were both fun to unlock and fun to use. No Doughnut Drake, no sale.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Snuggler said:
This is what I'm wondering. I'm sure it's been covered before, but I'm hoping they're hidden because this is my first playthrough. Uncharted 1 and 2 had the best the best unlockable system of this gen. No Doughnut Drake, no sale.

This game doesn't have them. No infinite ammo, no weapon spawns, no skins, nada.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
madmaxx350 said:
buy it at walmart and return it after you beat it lol, i think walmart still accepts video game returns, i might be wrong though

If I had Walmart here I may be able to do it. Still it's unfair to developers, so I wouldn't do it.

LowEndTorque said:
You feel stupid because you want to play one of the best video games of 2011?

I have other games to finish and Uncharted is not my type of game really.

Net_Wrecker said:
I mean, sure you'd be wowed, but I've really enjoyed actually playing the evolution of this series to what's it has become in Revalations. And I'm willing to bet that reading the story online will have you just as lost in Revalations as not playing the middle games. They've gone above and beyond crazy, and the Assassin's Creed wiki pages are more for clearing up what you think you know.

And to keep this on topic: Uncharted 3's awesome!

Alright thanks, then Uncharted 3 for the purchase this weekend and the AC series for a rainy day/week.../month since there,s a lot to get through but i,ll do it the right way since you guys swear by it being the way it should be played, thanks for the advice.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
BoboBrazil said:
Played chapter 1-16 in one sitting. Uncharted series is just so addicting. I keep thinking one more level and I'm going to stop, but the way they do the storyline makes it hard.

That is me lol. I even stopped at just about the same point.

Sorry if this already been asked but:

has anyone played the (first?) time Drake gets drugged
in 3D? I'd love to know how it looked

I am loving this game overall.. but I have to say I am frustrated by the lack of polish (in some places) compared to the previous entries.. I've had characters get stuck on geometry, drake be unresponsive when turning and a number of falls to my death because I didn't go where the game wanted me to..

I'm in the game for the story and presentation and am having a blast overall with the gameplay, but compared to UC 2 it just doesn't feel as perfect.. particularly in the controls department.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
tip for people who have aiming problem turn up aiming sensitivity to the max or one step below it it makes it tolerable

Papercuts

I maxed the aiming awhile ago, I'm getting used to it but it still is wonky. It moves fast left to right, up to down but is slooow on diagonals. It really is like it's mapped as a dpad or something.

Then you go into MP and it keeps the setting, so I went in with maxed sensitivity and all directions are much faster. Super weird.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, I didn't get to post my comment in the reviews thread since it got archived right at the same time (thought I got banned at first lol). Anyways, I read arne's comments on the unlockables breaking the game, and I'll take his word for it, but it's still a bummer that I won't get to have fun with them this time around. The glut of day-one multiplayer DLC doesn't exactly make me feel better, but if it broke the game, it broke the game.

Luthos

TacticalFox88 said:
I don't know how I ever preferred Chloe over Elena. Goddamn is she sexy.
Both Chloe and Elena look oddly different in this one. And not just because the graphics are better. But if anything, Chloe's change is even weirder.

Papercuts

Snuggler said:
Dammit, I didn't get to post my comment in the reviews thread since it got archived right at the same time (thought I got banned at first lol). Anyways, I read arne's comments on the unlockables breaking the game, and I'll take his word for it, but it's still a bummer that I won't get to have fun with them this time around. The glut of day-one multiplayer DLC doesn't exactly make me feel better, but if it broke the game, it broke the game.

The thread got locked right after I spent all that time looking for the post. ;_;

Adamm

Is anyone finding it much easier than 1 or 2? Im playing through it in hard mode and having no trouble at all.
Im only on chapter 8, so im guessing it will get harder - but at the moment im flying through the gun fights :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Papercuts said:
The thread got locked right after I spent all that time looking for the post. ;_;

Well, for what it's worth, I read it and it made me feel a little bit better about the whole situation.

Anyways, I'm loving this game so far. :)

Rikyfree said:
Oh my goodness. Couch co op with this game is pure fucking crack.

I'm excited to try this since my gf occasionally plays local MP with me. How is the frame rate? It's very bad with most s/s games I've played on PS3.

Neiteio

The second time I have to "look" for something in the Syrian castle... Where do I look? It says the symbol is somewhere nearby... Someone please tell me before my sanity cracks from Drake repeating the same phrase for the one billionth time...

Schlomo

Luthos said:
Both Chloe and Elena look oddly different in this one. And not just because the graphics are better. But if anything, Chloe's change is even weirder.

Yeah, they look more "realistic", but Chloe is less hot and Elena less cute.

I've played up to chapter 7 and so far, I think I like Uncharted 2 more. I just really love the intro of 2. The train, the heist, meeting Chloe and Flynn, it was all so perfect. I like how they're expanding on Nate and Sully's history and I'm excited to see how that plays out. I have high hopes and I'm still very early into the game so here's hoping things start to pick up a bit.

Luthos

Neiteio said:
The second time I have to "look" for something in the Syrian castle... Where do I look? It says the symbol is somewhere nearby... Someone please tell me before my sanity cracks from Drake repeating the same phrase for the one billionth time...
The part where you look for a symbol while standing on a symbol? You look above the symbol you saw, at 3 pillars.

OK, I'm only on chapter 6, but this aiming is scaring the shit out of me. I am not understanding why it's like this. What's wrong with point-and-shoot, U2 style?

Neiteio

Luthos said:
No problem. I got stuck on that part too. And a few times I ran off the symbol thinking I was done and needed to go elsewhere.
Yeah, I still can't figure it out. My patience is really running thin with this game. I'm looking around everywhere from the symbol (which is the only place I can use L1 to go into first-person) and I don't see anything. I even looked at the statues right behind me and nothing. :(

EDIT: I absolutely cannot stand how Drake keeps saying "The symbol must be somewhere in the castle" every 10 seconds. I had to mute the TV because a part of me was dying everytime he said it. STRESS.

Luthos

Neiteio said:
Yeah, I still can't figure it out. My patience is really running thin with this game. I'm looking around everywhere from the symbol (which is the only place I can use L1 to go into first-person) and I don't see anything. I even looked at the statues right behind me and nothing. :(
While on the symbol, and straight ahead being out over the courtyard, look to your left. There is a symbol down there on the ground. And the second thing is the pillars, which are straight above that.

Papercuts

Neiteio said:

EDIT: I absolutely cannot stand how Drake keeps saying "The symbol must be somewhere in the castle" every 10 seconds. I had to mute the TV because a part of me was dying everytime he said it.

Go up the stairs to the symbol and look down, you'll see another symbol on a lower part. Then look straight up.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Barrow Roll said:
I've played up to chapter 7 and so far, I think I like Uncharted 2 more. I just really love the intro of 2. The train, the heist, meeting Chloe and Flynn, it was all so perfect. I like how they're expanding on Nate and Sully's history and I'm excited to see how that plays out. I have high hopes and I'm still very early into the game so here's hoping things start to pick up a bit.

You are comparing the highlights of UC2 with the starting chapters. The wow moments will come.

KAOz

Short bus special
I don't want to be that guy, but yeah, I tried out the competetive.

Man, what happened after the summer beta? All the tactics are gone. Everyone just runs, and blindfire. Nobody even used cover.
Blew my mind. In a bad way.

Also, GODDAMN DO I LOVE THE SP SO FAR! Love Talbot, such a bad motherfucker! Probably the best villain the series has had.

Neiteio

Luthos said:
While on the symbol, and straight ahead being out over the courtyard, look to your left. There is a symbol down there on the ground. And the second thing is the pillars, which are straight above that.
OK, -now- I see it. Man, I'm not sure if I ever would've found that if I hadn't gone online.

Papercuts

KAOz said:
I don't want to be that guy, but yeah, I tried out the competetive.

Man, what happened after the summer beta? All the tactics are gone. Everyone just runs, and blindfire. Nobody even used cover.
Blew my mind. In a bad way.

Also, GODDAMN DO I LOVE THE SP SO FAR! Love Talbot, such a bad motherfucker! Probably the best villain the series has had.

Did you not play the subway beta? Because...yeah. I tried a few games earlier and it's still the same shit. :\

bobbytkc said:
You are comparing the highlights of UC2 with the starting chapters. The wow moments will come.
But those were also the starting chapters of UC2 and just a few of the many highlights in that game...

Barrow Roll said:
But those were also the starting chapters of UC2 and just a few of the many highlights in that game...

I didn't think the start of Uncharted 2 was any better than the first (tutorial'ish) 5 chapters of Uncharted 3. The train was a cool-looking start to the game, yes, but lasted like 5 minutes. The museum was nice character-wise... not fantastic gameplay-wise (in that it contained by FAR the weakest sequence in the game, the MGS stuff). Then the real game began in Borneo, which was an Uncharted 1 retread (not that there's anything wrong with that... but it was nothing special).

The shit only really hit the fan in Nepal. Hopefully the same is about to happen here. I am on chapter 6.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
haha, some of the context sensitive kills are hilarious

I just pulled a guy down from about 2 feet above and he somehow died in the process

KAOz

Short bus special
Papercuts said:
Did you not play the subway beta? Because...yeah. I tried a few games earlier and it's still the same shit. :\

No, we didn't have that promotion here in Sweden. So, yeah, missed out on that. Such a shame really.

Bring back the more tactical approach damnit!

Rikyfree

Snuggler said:
I'm excited to try this since my gf occasionally plays local MP with me. How is the frame rate? It's very bad with most s/s games I've played on PS3.
Plays great. Some drops in FR, but never below 25 when I played. Soooooo fun.

Toki767

Just finished it on Crushing. All that's left are 28 treasures, some weapon trophies, and some combat ones and that platinum is mine.

I died so much less in Crushing. It honestly seemed easier than hard though granted that could just be because I knew what to expect. The only really annoying part of Crushing was
Chapter 14's ballroom firefight.
Everything else was fairly simple. I want to say U2's Crushing was harder, although the aiming and stuff in 3 might factor into play in terms of difficulty. Just remember that blindfire is your friend and you really don't need to zoom in with the snipers in order to get a kill.

NeoUltima

About halfway through the game now.
Loving it!
Doesn't seem to be as much gun combat as UC2 so far. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Just different.

Puzzles are the best, and most ample, of the series.

The story is awesome so far too. Better than UC2. Particularly because the villains and the back story between characters.

Unless ND dropped the ball on the second half of the game, this is on track to be my GOTY.

Pranay

Late to the Party !

386679_10150894009390456_897810455_21491435_1423580027_n.jpg

madmackem

Game are charging £42.99 for the normal version of this instore, i didnt dare check the instore price of the steelbook edition. Reminds me why i shop online, wont be doing this again.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pranay_ said:
Late to the Party !

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/386679_10150894009390456_897810455_21491435_1423580027_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wait, you haven't played the game yet? you opened the spoiler thread and in all other Uncharted 3 threads you acted like you have the game already :P

Top Bottom