• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

wrighty86

Neo Member
I just got it and played through the first chapter. Had a huge grin on my face the whole time.

I dunno y people are so upset with the start, I personally love it and think ND made the right decision not to try and outdo the 2nd games beginning.

Im gonna savoir this experience.

My main thought after having played a good few hours last night was "This is a really odd game for people picked to protect so vehemently against 8/10 review scores".
A very good game doing more of what it's predecessor did well, but not expanding much on it.

thuway

Can we make a thread to compare U2 to U3? I feel like if we started that conversation it would completely move this thread OT.

wrighty86 said:
I just got it and played through the first chapter. Had a huge grin on my face the whole time.

I dunno y people are so upset with the start, I personally love it and think ND made the right decision not to try and outdo the 2nd games beginning.

I've said this before, but I feel like this game is one of the most polarizing games this generation. Uncharted 3 is an individual entry in the series, and I feel like comparison's to its older brother will never be apples to apples. Both games do different things well. This is a franchise I can truly get behind.

So my brother and I are discussing this game on the way to work... and I think we may have broken the plot.

In UC1, Drake leaves his ring with Sir Francis.
Sure Elena grabs it for him but if the ring was that important, I find it hard to believe he would have left it knowing the context of his past depicted in this game.

Keep in mind, I haven't completed 3 yet.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wrighty86 said:

Agreed.

Nate: Enjoying yourself pal?
Charlie
:Oh yeah you're a comedian.

That gave me a good laugh.

Sn4ke_911

ZeroRay said:
Please fix the aiming system in SP Naughty Dog.

I mean, it's fine in MP so I don't get what got so messed up here.

They had a hard time finishing the game before deadline.

“It was pretty brutal this time around,” cinematics animation lead Josh Scherr agreed. “I mean, there’s always crunch. There’re always people putting in extra hours.

“But this time around, just because of the scope and the ambition of the game – even after we had gone back and shortened some things, trimmed some other things – there was just still a lot to do, in the amount of time we had to do it.

“There was added pressure because there was more languages than we have ever done before, both spoken and text translation,” game director Justin Richmond added.

The interview was recorded the day after Naughty Dog sent the gold version out, and the team commented that they’d only had the chance to see it in its finished state just days before; Scherr said he was yet to play it through

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/31/uncharted-3-crunch-brutal-hardest-thing/

ZeroRay

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So my brother and I are discussing this game on the way to work... and I think we may have broken the plot.

In UC1, Drake leaves his ring with Sir Francis.
Sure Elena grabs it for him but if the ring was that important, I find it hard to believe he would have left it knowing the context of his past depicted in this game.

Keep in mind, I haven't completed 3 yet.

Well,
Nate's faith in Drake was shaken at the time; so if El Dorado was "nothing"then everything else Drake did would be the same in Nate's mind.

Sn4ke_911 said:
They had a hard time finishing the game before deadline.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/31/uncharted-3-crunch-brutal-hardest-thing/

Yeah I'm aware, but controls being like they were before going gold is defcon 1 stuff in my mind. Unless they tried to fix it and couldn't finish before the deadline, hopefully it's something that can be patched easily.

Huggy

ZeroRay said:
Please fix the aiming system in SP Naughty Dog.

I mean, it's fine in MP so I don't get what got so messed up here.

Yes please. I'm playing on Hard hoping the assist would be gone as some people said, but it's still there. I'm getting my ass handed to me.

ZeroRay said:
Well,
Nate's faith in Drake was shaken at the time; so if El Dorado was "nothing"then everything else Drake did would be the same in Nate's mind.

Yeah I'm aware, but controls being like they were before going gold is defcon 1 stuff in my mind. Unless they tried to fix it and couldn't finish before the deadline, hopefully it's something that can be patched easily.
I'm at chapter 6 so I'm reluctant to highlight.

Sn4ke_911

TacticalFox88 said:
Holy fuck, Chapter 21 was such a mindfuck. I was about to be
pissed if they actually killed off Sully.

Well played ND

I hated Drakes reaction to this. I mean he should be in tears. I really missed the drama in this scene.

Up to chapter 6, this game is amazing in 3D. The most acomplished I've seen since Avatar (movie).

Aiming is FUCKED though. Considering how heavy the game is on combat, I'm considering putting this back on the shelf until it's patched. Uncharted 2 was perfect, MP in 3 is perfect, is the Campaign aiming bugged?

thuway

Honestly, for aiming, I maxed out sensitivity, however, a simple patch that would copy/paste mp controls to sp would fix it all.

rSpooky

Only into this game a litle so far.. but how fortune are we to experience another amazing game in the series. The graphics and animations are mindblowing , the presentation and VA is amazing. But so far it is the little details that really do it. From enviroment, to charachters touching the wall when you are close to it or look around them.
I am so tempted to play it all in one late night sitting, but decided to play it when my 9 year old daughter is home, she loves the series and played through U2 multiple times allready. Yesterday she came home , I shiwd her what i picked up and she did her homework and then we popped the game in , I played , she watched and assisted,great times. Then she played on her own account for about and hour (basicly redoing what we did together) until bedtime.

Thank you ND.. cant wait what happens next int he game.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
thuway said:
Honestly, for aiming, I maxed out sensitivity, however, a simple patch that would copy/paste mp controls to sp would fix it all.
how about a patch that would copy/paste U2 controls to sp?

Radec

Better late than never!

4xyAQ.jpg

$45, with some codes.

:D

thuway

rSpooky said:
Only into this game a litle so far.. but how fortune are we to experience another amazing game in the series. The graphics and animations are mindblowing , the presentation and VA is amazing. But so far it is the little details that really do it. From enviroment, to charachters touching the wall when you are close to it or look around them.
I am so tempted to play it all in one late night sitting, but decided to play it when my 9 year old daughter is home, she loves the series and played through U2 multiple times allready. Yesterday she came home , I shiwd her what i picked up and she did her homework and then we popped the game in , I played , she watched and assisted,great times. Then she played on her own account for about and hour (basicly redoing what we did together) until bedtime.

I said the same thing and GAF collectively castrated me as being a fanboy. Honestly, rarely do we see games with this high level of production,micro details, variety, and set pieces. Its truly a mind blowing venture.

wrighty86

Neo Member
Damn it, this bloody game. So yeh, chapter 2 and 3 are fricking amazing. Who the hell so saw that coming.

I got a bit of an LA Noir feel at chapter 3, just more epic. Was ruined abit by me dying all the time but the smile on face has just wide from where it was chapter 1.

Im gonna try not to carry on playing it cause I really wanna savoir it. I hate how quickly I got through the 2nd one and dont want the same feeling this time round.

I really envy those who have not played this franchise.

Geeking over

sajj316

Only 6 chapters but I'd like to say thank you Naughty Dog! While playing Uncharted, my wife and kids huddled around the TV in amazement. My 3 year old had that same look watching Uncharted as she did with the movie Tangled. Well done Dog!

eloestmn

Whos got the
Dead Agent skin?

Not really sure if this next bit needs to be spoiler tagged but to be safe Ill do it anyway.
When I unlocked it in the subway beta I had no clue what it was until I fired up multi a few hours ago. I absolutely love the way it looks, reminds me of the way the aliens true form looked in They Live.

Up to chapter 8
where Nate and Cutter are looking for something with the telescope after the zip line.
Loving it ALL so far, especially chapter seven.

Also, LOVE Co-op adventure.
The Monastery and Borneo are both just buckets of awesome sauce. And WTF.... hello there Eddie, Flynn, and Lazarevic!! Was not expecting most of that.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Chinner said:
ordered uncharted 3 from GAME and it didn't come today. last time i order with them me thinks.
should have ordered from amazon.
free next day delivery.
mine's been delivered. but won't be able to play for another 6 hours :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
wrighty86 said:
Damn it, this bloody game. So yeh, chapter 2 and 3 are fricking amazing. Who the hell so saw that coming.

I got a bit of an LA Noir feel at chapter 3, just more epic. Was ruined abit by me dying all the time but the smile on face has just wide from where it was chapter 1.

Im gonna try not to carry on playing it cause I really wanna savoir it. I hate how quickly I got through the 2nd one and dont want the same feeling this time round.

I really envy those who have not played this franchise.

Geeking over
This is the reason I chose hard difficulty, because I don't want the game to end. :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's a bummer to find out that we can't do custom Survival/Gold Rush/Siege only matches in co-op arena like we could in UC2. However, the ability to choose difficulty was probably my most requested feature and I'm so fucking grateful it was put in UC3. God, co-op arena Crushing is so fucking intense. Me and my friends unlocked Crushing in Syria and we got our asses handed to us. So goood. The highest we got tonight was up to level 8. Those cluster bombs are WOW and so is that Brute or whatever that enemy is. So many purple hearts medal, hahaha! We WILL beat all the maps on Crushing, but oh man what a welcoming party! :D

Can't wait to eventually back 2 back it with my friends. Just two people. :D

rSpooky

thuway said:
I said the same thing and GAF collectively castrated me as being a fanboy. Honestly, rarely do we see games with this high level of production,micro details, variety, and set pieces. Its truly a mind blowing venture.
They can all me whatever they want, I wotn lose any sleep over it. I make up my own mind and I love the Uncharted series. It is my favorite franchise this gen, I hope it continues into the next gen as well.

Tom Penny

Barrow Roll said:
I've played up to chapter 7 and so far, I think I like Uncharted 2 more. I just really love the intro of 2. The train, the heist, meeting Chloe and Flynn, it was all so perfect. I like how they're expanding on Nate and Sully's history and I'm excited to see how that plays out. I have high hopes and I'm still very early into the game so here's hoping things start to pick up a bit.

Me too although it is still good. I loved how UC2 started more.

FreeMufasa

Uncharted get!

I'll start it when I get back from work later. I'll hide it in the mean time so my brother doesn't start without me.

Kind of surprised some people weren't keen on the opening of this game. I thought the
Pub Brawl
was absolutely amazing. A real nice change to the previous intro. I love all the small details on the bar and in the rooms. Very realistic locations.

I'd say it was my favourite Uncharted opener, actually. And the bit after that, wow, totally out of the blue and unexpected, but most welcome. I'd like to see a game set around that.

I don't know if, as a game, it can topple 2, but I think it deserves to be taken on its own merits because whilst a lot of things are the same, it's also quite fresh and new.

Only you could find a jungle in France

rSpooky said:

Awww, I wish I had a daughter now :p

Top Bottom