• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

WebScud

Callibretto said:
I'm listening to latest giant bombcast and they said there's a few places with infinite re-spawning enemies in U3, is it true? I don't think previous Uncharted have that at all.

I don't think so. You can clear every area.

Mest30

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
You shouldn't have quoted him, so he can still edit his post, junior ;)

If you quote someone they cant edit? Didn't know that. At least I went back and added spoil tags to my quote of him.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Played for a few hours last night (in Syria right now), and HOLY SHIT this game! Cutter, this guy jumped all the way up my favourite characters list. Naughty Dog, I am in love! <3

Jme

Alright, so I purchased the "Fortune Hunters Club", which says it will cover the first 3 skin packs and first 4 map packs.

When I first logged into MP I noticed some skins that needed to be unlocked in the store (mostly stuff from UDF and UC2)... in the store there were 3 skin packs that covered all of these, with the exception of Donut Lazarevic, and they were all free to me.

Was that my "3 skin packs"? And if so... why isn't Donut Lazarevic included?

ALSO

I met all the criteria for the UC3 MP Beta unlocks which include:
Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1
Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2
Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack
and some In-game cash.

But it doesn't look like I've got anything unlocked... what up with that?

Mr_eX

I'm about 2 hours in. I really like the characters and story(usual for Uncharted) but for the first time(ever for a game really)I feel like the gameplay is getting in the way. It just seems so standard and by the numbers, I don't know if it's because I finished playing Rage not long ago but the gameplay just isn't satisfying. In a way Uncharted and Rage are opposites. Uncharted has great story, characters presentation and set pieces but the gameplay is just OK and Rage has great gameplay but everything else is mediocre or worse.

protonion

Callibretto said:
I'm listening to latest giant bombcast and they said there's a few places with infinite re-spawning enemies in U3, is it true? I don't think previous Uncharted have that at all.

What? No there aren't. I cleared all the areas.

U2 had one though near the end. You had to push towards a certain place of the map to trigger the end of the fight.

James-Ape

show some balls, man
I'm at the Chateau, it's been great so far. The melee system is quite nice when you get used to it. But what have they done to the aiming? it goes all funny when you are pointing it at people. More importantly, will it be patched?

WebScud

Jme said:
Alright, so I purchased the "Fortune Hunters Club", which says it will cover the first 3 skin packs and first 4 map packs.

When I first logged into MP I noticed some skins that needed to be unlocked in the store (mostly stuff from UDF and UC2)... in the store there were 3 skin packs that covered all of these, with the exception of Donut Lazarevic, and they were all free to me.

Was that my "3 skin packs"?

ALSO

I met all the criteria for the UC3 MP Beta unlocks which include:
Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1
Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2
Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack
and some In-game cash.

But it doesn't look like I've got anything unlocked... what up with that?

It doesn't look like Donut Lazarevic included. I have to pay for him too. -_- I bet these are our three packs. I kinda wish it was packaged differently or contained other stuff. I don't think I'll be using the skins I already used for countless hours in U2 multiplayer. While I appreciate the effort to remodel everything from the previous game, I was hoping I would be getting new content with the Fortune Hunter membership. I'm curious to see what the maps end up being.

Naughty Dog say beta unlocks were going to be mailed out this week, starting yesterday. It sounds like it will be PSN redemption codes rather than something that is activated, like the Subway stuff.

I'm at chapter 8 and i feel like the gunplay isnt as good as Uncharted 2... A lot of the areas where you have big shootouts arent designed to the same standard as U2, it feels like a mess with people running all over the place plus weird aiming. Is there improvement as the game goes on?

legbone

Mest30 said:
I didn't, I used tags. Forgive gaf, I have sinned...

actually, i think i remember seeing your post before the spoiler tags were added. that's why i laughed at snake's post. but that's ok, i had already been spoiled. but just a tip, i think lying will get you into more shit around here than mistakenly spoiling something. but that's enough of my threadshitting.

i think i'm going to pick up the collector's edition today. i haven't even finished uncharted 2 yet. maybe that will give me the kick in the ass i need to finish.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
James-Ape said:
I'm at the Chateau, it's been great so far. The melee system is quite nice when you get used to it. But what have they done to the aiming? it goes all funny when you are pointing it at people. More importantly, will it be patched?
I dont thinks so arne said control is fine so i guess we are stucked with it

Jme

WebScud said:
It doesn't look like Donut Lazarevic included. I have to pay for him too. -_- I bet these are our three packs. I kinda wish it was packaged differently or contained other stuff. I don't think I'll be using the skins I already used for countless hours in U2 multiplayer. While I appreciate the effort to remodel everything from the previous game, I was hoping I would be getting new content with the Fortune Hunter membership. I'm curious to see what the maps end up being.

Naughty Dog say beta unlocks were going to be mailed out this week, starting yesterday. It sounds like it will be PSN redemption codes rather than something that is activated, like the Subway stuff.

Yea I just found their twitter post:
@Naughty_Dog said:
MP Beta Rewards from the June/July U3 beta are being emailed out to beta participants on 11/1. Be sure to check your PSN email!
31 Oct

I didn't get one yet though, shrug.

As for those 3 skin packs, well... I'm a bit underwhelmed - hope that's not what I bought with the fortune hunters club :/

Kagari said:
Dear juniors: please spoiler tag spoilers.

I fixed it for you this time.

Why anyone would even think it's acceptable to post spoilers the day the game comes out is beyond me. It's not like this is a concept some people haven't heard of before.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
daxter01 said:
I dont thinks so arne said control is fine so i guess we are stucked with it

source?

That's really disappointing if true. We need at least an autoaim toggle.

Furoba said:
You need to up the brightness to max if you want to see anything in the dark...

Something is definitely not right with your TV. My TV is set very accurately and I had no problems with brightness at any point through the first half of the game last night.

Samus4145

protonion said:

U2 had one though near the end. You had to push towards a certain place of the map to trigger the end of the fight.
Maybe they are talking about
the spots with off screen bullets shoot at you from no where

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Furoba said:
You need to up the brightness to max if you want to see anything in the dark...
Check your TV calibration. That should not be necessary. On default brightness, I could always see every bit of shadow detail in even the darkest scenes. Turning up the brightness washes out the image.

Mest30

Banned
legbone said:
actually, i think i remember seeing your post before the spoiler tags were added. that's why i laughed at snake's post. but that's ok, i had already been spoiled. but just a tip, i think lying will get you into more shit around here than mistakenly spoiling something. but that's enough of my threadshitting.

i think i'm going to pick up the collector's edition today. i haven't even finished uncharted 2 yet. maybe that will give me the kick in the ass i need to finish.

One more thread shit, as you call it. I did quote without using tags but didn't attempt to lie as in my next post, I said at least I went back and added tags.

Back to topic. Before starting the single player I noticed the option for coop. Does this game have local spilt screen coop?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This game... is spectacular. I have no words. o_o

alr1ghtstart said:
source?
That's really disappointing if true. We need at least an autoaim toggle.
ND is very arrogant sometimes. I mean, plenty of people were saying after the Subway beta that the controls were... weird, but they don't seem to listen.

gdt

What online guide are people using to get all the treasures? There's no fucking way people get them all themselves.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mest30 said:
If you quote someone they cant edit? Didn't know that. At least I went back and added spoil tags to my quote of him.

Users can still edit a post which has been quoted, it's just that edits are limited to the post in question. In other words, the updated post is not applied to the posts of others who quoted the original.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
protonion said:

Wait, where in U2?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chinpoko_Master said:
I don't see why you don't just ban him. If he can't bother to read and follow the forum FAQ, he shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Typically you get at least a warning before ban if it's something small.

Wrestlemania said:
Aiming is so fucked in this. Why did they change it from how it was in the second game?

I was wondering the same thing the entire time I played last night. :/

It was slightly janky in the first game, but then felt perfect in the second, and now it's slightly janky again for the third. smh

gdt5016 said:
What online guide are people using to get all the treasures? There's no fucking way people get them all themselves.
Some of them are pretty well hidden. I wish I could ignore them but my gaming OCD won't let me do that unfortunately.

dralla

gdt5016 said:
uh, why not? have people really been spoiled so much by modern games they need guides to find easily hidden collectibles

Rez said:
Wait, where in U2?
inside the pyramid in Shambala, where you're fighting humans and guardians. you have to walk down the stairs, it's really a minor occurrence

Jme

Jme said:
As for those 3 skin packs, well... I'm a bit underwhelmed - hope that's not what I bought with the fortune hunters club :/

Well.. I found my answer I guess.

Some of you may have already gotten the jump on the Fortune Hunters’ Club (downloadable from the PlayStation Store) which entitles you to the first four multiplayer map packs, as well as the first three multiplayer skin packs. To celebrate the release of Uncharted 3, those 3 multiplayer skins are now available to download! Fortune Hunters’ Club folks are able to grab these skins now for free!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/01/playstation-store-update-211/

Ugh.
Let's hope these 4 map packs are
1)Not re-hashes of old ones
2)Spread out
3)Good enough to make up for this crappy skin situation :/

WebScud

gdt5016 said:

I felt pretty good about finding 49 on my first playthough and another 30 on my Crushing run. My CE guide after after that and I picked up the last 22 (21 + relic) with it.

Samus4145

gdt5016 said:

It's quite easy to do without a guide. It tells you how many are in each chapter.

Top Bottom