• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply could live with just 50 posts per page during the epic E3 conference threads.

Those things move so fast that I'd miss a lot of premium quality posts.

Vire

Galvanise_ said:
I simply could live with just 50 posts per page during the epic E3 conference threads.

Those things move so fast that I'd miss a lot of premium quality posts.
Does that come with NeoGAF gold?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
Wow, a 9 from edge? This game must have deep, fundamental issues.

There is a scene in the game where Drake is wearing a Yankees hat.

In all seriousness, so excited for this game :)

Waiting for IGN's 8.0 though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Gentelmen, gentel men, please, Burceleeroy thread will make this a 10

BURCELEEROY
LLShC.gif

Loudninja

Some info from the Edge review

"One of the great coups of Uncharted 3 is that Naughty Dog manages to push its action to broader places while illuminating aspects of its hero Nathan Drake that previously felt opaque," it says.

"Uncharted 3 refreshes its backdrop with the clockwork dependability of a Nintendo title," Edge adds. "Because Naughty Dog's artists invest each setting with such exhaustive detail, you may not even realise you're being treated to the most
exquisite fire, desert and sky
levels since Super Mario Bros 3."

Away from the single player campaign, the mag says: "For those who like the opponents they wipe out to be capable of feeling actual humiliation, Uncharted 3's multiplayer modes lay out a gluttonous buffet."

Meanwhile, Edge reckons "there's fun to be had" in Uncharted 3's co-op adventure mode, but it "feels lacklustre" in comparison to the single player campaign.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323617/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-review-910-in-edge/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
[=MrCookiepants]Why is "sky" any more of a spoiler than fire and desert? We've all seen the cargo plane by now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the spoiler.

NBtoaster

Is it really a spoiler? Should only be an issue for people on media blackouts who shouldn't be in this thread anyway. We've seen the
plane
tons of times.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Calm down guys, it isn't that much of a spoiler. People on media blackout shouldn't even click on this thread in the first place.

LiquidMetal14

NBtoaster said:
Is it really a spoiler? Should only be an issue for people on media blackouts who shouldn't be in this thread anyway. We've seen the
plane
tons of times.
Who? The ones who aren't on blackout? So let's all be disrespectful and spoil any details to those who want to know nothing. At least loudninja spoilered that. Then some fool asks why that is a spoiler. Gee, I wonder ><

Meisadragon said:
Calm down guys, it isn't that much of a spoiler. People on media blackout shouldn't even click on this thread in the first place.
Again, this isn't a spoiler thread and almost everyone at least acknowledges to not spoil things. I mean, what's the point anyways? Like those who like to watch the ending on YT before even getting it.

Uncharted is all about story and characters.

Loudninja

NBtoaster said:
plane
tons of times.
I like to be extra careful not to spoil people.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Who? The ones who aren't on blackout? So let's all be disrespectful and spoil any details to those who want to know nothing. At least loudninja spoilered that. Then some fool asks why that is a spoiler. Gee, I wonder ><

Again, this isn't a spoiler thread and almost everyone at least acknowledges to not spoil things. I mean, what's the point anyways? Like those who like to watch the ending on YT before even getting it.

The plane is featured on the box d00d...

Vire

LiquidMetal14 said:

Dude, this a review thread. Don't come in here if you are worried about spoilers.

This is almost as dumb as the whole Super Smash fiasco with the character spoilers.

MrCookiepants said:
Why is "sky" any more of a spoiler than fire and desert? We've all seen the cargo plane by now.

What happens to you? Desert was revealed in the first trailer but a lot of people does know nothing about sky

jett

D-Member
It takes a certain kind of asshole to spoil something that another guy blacked out, and then defends his douchebag move.

Although I agree that if you're on media blackout you're pretty much an idiot for coming into this thread.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
DeathJr said:
I've seen nothing. Been on a media blackout for UC3, Skyrim and ACR.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

There will be explosions. Drake will shoot people and make cheeky comments.

Game spoiled, over 9000 pre-orders cancelled.

Cruzader

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:

Yea like these people who like to spoil the game for themselves have tons of threads and feel like all U3 threads can be that way which is BS. Go to the recent media threads to do that shit. I'm avoiding media by not going to say the Gamescon or TV short or the subway promo thread so do your part.

Anyways the Edge review like always has to be crap.

jett said:
It takes a certain kind of asshole to spoil something that another guy blacked out, and then defends his douchebag move.

Let's see. Drake stands in front of a crashed plane on the box. If one put more than a few seconds of thought into the implications of this, they'd come to the conclusion that Drake was involved in a plane crash.

I am usually considerate when it comes to spoilers, but I do feel the need to make fun of people when they get overly sensitive.

hamchan

You're all idiots for coming into a review thread not expecting to find spoilers, because there are clear spoiler warnings in the thread title!!! Also, expecting people to show some common courtesy and not spoil? Pffft, what dumb expectations.

LiquidMetal14

hamchan said:
You're all idiots for coming into a review thread not expecting to find spoilers, because there are clear spoiler warnings in the thread title!!! Also, expecting people to show some common courtesy and not spoil? Pffft, what dumb expectations.
As Jett said, why spoil something that someone spoiler tagged? That's the main contention. Moving on, it's dumb either way, yeah. But that's why you spoiler tag things!

Gvaz

Banned
Gafapastismo said:
Yes,
crashed in the desert

This is a review topic, people enter here to know game's scores, not spoilers
Do reviews suddenly not have spoilers of a sort? haha

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gafapastismo said:
Yes,
crashed in the desert

This is a review topic, people enter here to know game's scores, not spoilers

Reviews have spoilers.

I think it is utterly ridiculous that something shown in the VERY FIRST artwork and teaser for the game is considered a spoiler. Heck, it is even the main image on the premium theme for UC3 on PSN.

Where does it end? There are probably vehicles in Uncharted 3, is that a spoiler? Is the word "sand" a spoiler?

I'm sympathetic to those who want to know very little about the game going in, but if you absolutely want to know nothing, including information like "there is sand in the game" then you should no go on the internet at all.

Bigger spoilers should not be shown, but a
plane
being in the game is not a spoiler. (See, now you've got me doing it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom