• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thunderbear said:
Resistance 3 metacritic is 83, that's dying?

I do agree that the latest Ratchet and Clank wasn't all that great and I was very disappointed. In a way I feel Insomniac didn't care as much because they are going multi-platform. Maybe I am wrong.

But you also failed to mention several other Sony exclusives that are doing just fine. (Not that I want to start that discussion, but your selective abstraction made me want to point that out).

8 is now a bad score, shh! Didn't you get the memo?

Shaneus

Thunderbear said:
You could also argue that reviewers are going to be more harsh on Uncharted 3 because of the popularity/success of Uncharted 2. Goes both ways.
They're more harsh and it STILL gets a 10/10 from IGN! GOTF

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kagari said:
If you guys think this is bad, wait until more Zelda reviews roll in.
Everyone will go in, full force! Shit will be glorious.
For some reason though, I think it'll score similar to U3.

Loudninja

Gamersyde review
As you have figured out yourself, Uncharted 3 is a sequel much worthy of the series. Just as spectacular, whether technically or in terms of atmosphere, Naughty Dog's new creation is what every Indiana Jones fan has always dreamed of. Those who, like me, started fantasizing about living such adventures when playing Rick Dangerous or the different movie tie-ins of the 8bits/16bits era will be thrilled. Naughty Dog have managed to totally blend video games and movies together, making Uncharted 3 a very cinematic experience, but a game to play nonetheless. In that respect, they have managed to do what Hideo Kojima has failed to do with MGS 4, have the player play as much as live the story. For that, there's only one thing left to say: hats off!
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gsy_review_uncharted_3-12093_en.html

I know its been posted but I didn't see it in the OP, unless I am blind :p

Gvaz

Banned
I saw those Uncharted pictures and they're really good, for a console.

I think the game would look almost photo-realistic if naughty dog wasn't limited by hardware.

Also my major issue with most reviews (in general) is how too many of them sing the praises of a game. I want to know why not to get the game rather than why I should like it or not. Let me find out what I like and tell me what's wrong with the game, even if it seems like nitpicking, criticism is worth 100 times more than blind praise.

Massa

Gvaz said:

I think the game would look almost photo-realistic if naughty dog wasn't limited by hardware.

They're not going for photo-realistic.

Edit: beaten.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Gvaz said:

PS4 baby, let's goo.
I will murder Sony if they cheap out on the hardware.

Kagari said:
If you guys think this is bad, wait until more Zelda reviews roll in.
I don't think that it can be worse than this, honestly
Though the EDGE 10/10 may have set expectations a lot higher than they were beforehand

-GOUKI-

Gvaz said:

Also my major issue with most reviews (in general) is how too many of them sing the praises of a game. I want to know why not to get the game rather than why I should like it or not. Let me find out what I like and tell me what's wrong with the game, even if it seems like nitpicking, criticism is worth 100 times more than blind praise.
Am i the only one who thinks uncharted 2 looks better? :/ I don't have the game obviously but the screens and videos don't look better than the best scenes in u2.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_lpnv3sWZpV1qafrh6.gif

pramath

Banned
Dragon said:
If its 8 or below I fear for this thread.
8.5 and I will fucking laugh my ass off. The Gamespot forums will explode in a fit of fury and rage unseen since the entire Twilight Princess 8.8 fiasco.

Gvaz

Banned
VIVIblkmgIc said:
Some people just don't want games to be like movies, in any shape or form. So they're prejudicial against them.
It's not a video game when all you're doing is playing simon says (w/r/t to quicktime events specifically)

All qtes do is add unnecessary interactivity into something that has nothing. I'd rather have just the cutscene

Hazanko

Banned
I just get my games based on if I think I'll like them or not. I'm usually right so reviews don't interest me. It's interesting seeing the reviews and how people react to them though lol.

iNvidious01 said:
not that it matters but uncharted 2 had over 100 critic reviews - u3 has 39 gathered so far

a few more 10s and the overall will rise to 95 probably, and for a sequel that is amazing

so what im trying to say is STFU and good night

Some other sequels that have acheived a similar "amazing" feat (well, 94% anyway). Halo 3, Modern Warfare 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. What do they all have in common? I found them underwhelming.

Being a sequel can help or hinder a game with reviews. I'm resigned that pretty much every big sequel will receive a 9+ from most of the major outlets regardless of ultimate quality. I suppose 95+ is harder for a sequel to obtain than a fresh IP.

Gvaz said:
All qtes do is add unnecessary interactivity into something that has nothing. I'd rather have just the cutscene

Uncharted doesn't have very many QTE's. Just look at the hotel in Uncharted 2. In most games that would've either been a cutscene or a QTE, but they turned it into a playable level.

pramath

Banned
MuseManMike said:
Just a quick question. If Gamespot were to give Uncharted a 9.0, would that bring down the score?
Yes. Gamespot, along with other reputable sites like IGN and Eurogamer, is weighted more than other sites like, say, Destructoid.

Loudninja said:
That's not a review, that's a preliminary gut check feature they do. Their real review is still to come.

pramath

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
Not sure if they're on Metacritic.

I just remembered Wired has not put out their review yet. I can easily see an 8 from them.
They aren't on Metacritic, since they don't assign scores anymore.

Satchel

Banned
Defuser said:
What is this list by Mama Robotnik?

List of fanboy rage over the 8/10 review.

They're quite sad and pathetic when seen in singled out form. Even scary. Of the ones that are serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom