• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorn

richisawesome said:
Probably a bad thread to ask, but has any reviews stated whether the cutscenes are skippable in this one?

The gameplay was great in U2, but the LOL SHAMBALALA cutscenes were terrible and cheesy as all shit.

:O

I don't think your opinion is allowed to be had without someone saying it's wrong. You're wrong and stupid.

Emitan

reKon said:
mickeyb1.gif
the best part is the uncharted fans are the trolls

Kusagari

legend166 said:
Every time some says there are no fanboys on GAF, someone needs to link to this post.

This thread is nothing compared to the Killzone 2 threads before it came out. Hell they didn't even just keep it in Killzone 2 threads. I could be in a JRPG thread and get assaulted with KZ2 gifs.

Jarmel

Banned
GDJustin said:
*shrug*

Greg doesn't tell me what to put in my reviews. I'm just posting in this thread as a guy. Not as an "IGN guy."

I didn't even know anything about his review (besides the score) before it went live.

I don't even write about console games - I'm our iOS reviewer :D

Fair enough. It's nice though to hear a more balanced perspective on the game.

I am curious about how you insta-fail if you go off of Naughty Dog's path. Does that mean there isn't much exploration or that you have to approach combat in an exact way?

I'm sorry, that must be rough.

watershed

Banned
I'm sure people have realized this by now but an 8 is in no way a bad score. I consider 8 to be a solid "good" to "very good" game score. But if the Eurogamer review is right and as you're playing you become aware of the scripted nature of the gameplay, like forced sequencing, than that's unfortunate. UC2 already had tons of stuff like that but it never annoyed me while I was playing it.

Zeliard

Lord Error said:
Grammar police has arrived, or is there something more to it?

I believe he is saying that adding the definite article "The" before "Uncharted" as a part of its name adds a comically undue sense of weight and importance to the series.

Riposte

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Yep, this was Ebert's age old critique of Siskel. Reviewing what you want it to be and not what it is (or aspires to be).

Siskel was a much superior critic to Ebert.

The talk of Uncharted 3's A.I. makes me excited though. I am eager to give it a shot. And I am sure it will have the most spectacular cinematic scenarios since God of War 3.

Dragon

Banned
Thoraxes said:
Greg Miller always reviews Sony first-party games high. And he's kind of a douchebag.

Why is he a douchebag?

Patapwn said:
The devil in me says to lay arson to Eurogamer's headquarters, but the angle in me says to think of something even more devious

You'll be okay brah.

Patapwn

The devil in me says to lay arson to Eurogamer's headquarters, but the angel in me says to think of something even more devious!

Thoraxes said:
Greg Miller always reviews Sony first-party games high. And he's kind of a douchebag.

So, now we have name calling, yet interestingly it isn't from those Uncharted fans that people are piling in to ridicule.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, what game last generation took the cake for the most embarrassingly juvenile responses to a single review?

SykoTech

I like how people can make fun of Greg/IGN all they want no problem, but if you say something about Eurogamer you get threatened with being on Mama's messy list.

Mileena

Banned
SykoTech said:
I like how people can make fun of Greg/IGN all they want no problem, but if you say something about Eurogamer you get threatened with being on Mama's messy list.
It's an honor to be on that list
fMJUb.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Galvanise_ said:
I would imagine it would be Twilight Princess.

I still find it funny how people were crying over 8.8 back then, just like people are crying over 8/10 now
Going by the Zelda games I've played, I think 8.8 for any Zelda game is generous

SykoTech said:

Maybe because people read Greg's review and noticed he can't write for shit?

Kusagari

EatChildren said:
So, what game last generation took the cake for the most embarrassingly juvenile responses to a single review?

Probably Twilight Princess.

But I posted on IGN at the time that they gave Mario Kart Double Dash a 7.9... Oh boy that was a fun time.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Combichristoffersen said:
I still find it funny how people were crying over 8.8 back then, just like people are crying over 8/10 now
Going by the Zelda games I've played, I think 8.8 for any Zelda game is generous
To be fair 8.0 is 0.8 lower than 8.8. So people are entitled to 8% more crazy.

SykoTech said:
I love how IGN always gets bashed for their reviews but when Uncharted 3 gets high praise from them a bunch of Gaffer's suddenly start supporting their decision. It's cool to have your own opinion but trying to convince me that another person's opinion is wrong when it's an "opinion" just comes across sort of silly to me.

One thing for sure is that if it's following Uncharted 2's pace while upping the production value then I don't care about what Eurogamer gave it.

fernoca

Jumped back to this thread around Page 40 (GAF Gold 100 per page view) and was like..

lgRBi.gif

Still, Uncharted is Uncharted. I can pay $60 for it, and open it to find that there's no disc inside and I'll be glad I did. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom