• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combichristoffersen said:
It is still over Gears of War 3. All is well in the land of Sony.

I can just imagine Tretton sitting at his desk and celebrating that, even though Ratchet and Resistance are dying on their arse.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
I was on Gamespot forums during 8.8-gate....it was an ugly day for humanity. Death threats, calling for resignations, people talking about Jeff's weight for some reason. Of course as it turned out the review was fair and if anything, a bit generous. This thread is like a subdued sampling of that situation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
richisawesome said:
Probably a bad thread to ask, but has any reviews stated whether the cutscenes are skippable in this one?

The gameplay was great in U2, but the LOL SHAMBALALA cutscenes were terrible and cheesy as all shit.

In Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves, only the pre-rendered cutscenes can be skipped. I doubt that's changed.

Cheska

StuBurns said:
Nier is in my top ten this generation, with a healthy 68.

*high five*

The thing about NieR is even though most of the critic reviews are pretty poor, user reception is really good, especially here on GAF.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
fernoca said:
Jumped back to this thread around Page 40 (GAF Gold 100 per page view) and was like..

lgRBi.gif

Still, Uncharted is Uncharted. I can pay $60 for it, and open it to find that there's no disc inside and I'll be glad I did. :p
Gurl are you going to add me so we can be all like

tumblr_lmyll8D3T51qifthg.gif

over Drake's ass

Galvanise_ said:
I can just imagine Tretton sitting at his desk and celebrating that, even though Ratchet and Resistance are dying on their arse.
Poor Ratchet. He deserves better :( Insomniac is the Clive Owen of video games. Sales poison.

Ryu Hayabusa said:

LOL, this thread has been lacking in gifs, given the situation.

Personally, I understand why people are frustrated with 8/10. The review doesnt focus on the actual game as it does the medium/genre. Its being held to another standard. That said, its time people just relax. This game is getting an awful amount of 10s for being the sequel to the Uncharted 2.

I feel we should be discussing whether or not this game is/going to be better than Uncharted 2. Thats all that really matters anyway-and is currently the only controversial issue that should matter.

More gifs too. I love some good old gifs.

Choc

Banned
For those of you shitting on 8/10 you do realise that 4/5 is the SAME mathematically

why leave those reviews alone if you want to whinge

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
AgentChris said:
Poor Ratchet. He deserves better :( Insomniac is the Clive Owen of video games. Sales poison.

I loved the Future trilogy, but All 4 One really doesn't seem very appealing (a 4-player co-op Ratchet game? Why thank you, but how about no).

And brofist to all my fellow Nier lovers.

I just watched this trailer for the first time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mE76XDCS47JDC/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_ltlhlp

I'm a little pissed, because I think I might have figured out a major story twist just from watching this trailer. If so, I'm angry at Naughty Dog for making it so obvious and more or less giving it away. I really hope I'm wrong though, as it doesn't actually come out and say anything, it was just at one point where I was like "oh shit it can't be"

This thread delivers!

We've breached the 4th level of hellarity. Opinions criticizing opinions of opinions on other opinions.

And in my opinion, it's fantastic.

And so is The Uncharted.

Corto

fernoca said:
Still, Uncharted is Uncharted. I can pay $60 for it, and open it to find that there's no disc inside and I'll be glad I did. :p

Do you have Paypal? PM me. I'll see what I can do.

NBtoaster

U3, SS and BF3 review threads have tought me that far too many people don't know how to read review scores. Thinking that 10 always means perfect, comparing review scores between games, RAGING OVER 8+ SCORES..sigh

It is still over Gears of War 3. All is well in the land of Sony.
But now

Gears of War 3 - 91
Gears of War 2 - 93
Gears of War - 94
Gears of War series - 92,6 (278)

Uncharted 2 - 96
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 93
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 88
Uncharted series - 92,3 (277)

This is madness

Choc

Banned
Snuggler said:
I strongly disagree.

you disagree that 4/5 and 8/10 is the same mathematically?

Back to kindergarten for you

you can't break mathematics......

i get what you are saying, in a mental fashion, but if you are talking pure numbers like most people here seem to be, its the same!

and metacritic views it the same does it not......

NBtoaster said:
U3, SS and BF3 review threads have tought me that far too many people don't know how to read review scores. Thinking that 10 always means perfect, comparing review scores between games, RAGING OVER 8+ SCORES..sigh
Hahaha. And November isn't even technically here yet... things can only get better.

Choc said:
For those of you shitting on 8/10 you do realise that 4/5 is the SAME mathematically

Yeah, but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, it's the same as 80 billion out of a gazillion. 20 billion flaws is a can of worms we would be best to leave closed, for the good of GAF.

Omikron

fernoca said:

I have plenty of those sorts of copies for sale, PM me.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
cpp_is_king said:
I just watched this trailer for the first time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mE76XDCS47JDC/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_ltlhlp

I'm a little pissed, because I think I might have figured out a major story twist just from watching this trailer. If so, I'm angry at Naughty Dog for making it so obvious and more or less giving it away. I really hope I'm wrong though, as it doesn't actually come out and say anything, it was just at one point where I was like "oh shit it can't be"

Yeah, I noticed the horse at the beginning of the video. It's obvious it will be revealed that Drake's father was a Freiberger.

Wallach

PairOfFilthySocks said:
Yeah, but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, it's the same as 80 billion out of a gazillion. 20 billion flaws is a can of worms we would be best to leave closed, for the good of GAF.

I definitely though a gazillion was more than 100 billion.

Yeah, I noticed the horse at the beginning of the video. It's obvious it will be revealed that Drake's father was a Freiberger.

We're thinking similarly, but I don't think it will be a Freiberger.

Tom Penny

Choc said:

4/5 is a good score. 8/10 is a meh score. Dems is the facts.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu Hayabusa said:
Gears of War 3 - 91
Gears of War 2 - 93
Gears of War - 94
Gears of War series - 92,6 (278)

Uncharted 2 - 96
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 93
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 88
Uncharted series - 92,3 (277)

This is madness

Okay, that took me by surprise. I wouldn't think that they would be having a better scre BY SO MUCH. Not really, but still, interesting to see.

This is only the beginning of review though, I'm sure that there will be many more reviews that will improve that 93 up to a 95 or 96.

Juan29.zapata said:
Okay, that took me by surprise. I wouldn't think that they would be having a better scre BY SO MUCH. Not really, but still, interesting to see.

This is only the beginning of review though, I'm sure that there will be many more reviews that will improve that 93 up to a 95 or 96.
Maybe even to 97 or 98 or 99! A billion more 10/10s and it'll probably round up to 100! Take that haterz

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I guess for some people a game needs to be an open world to get a high/near perfect score, like Batman (such an awesome game though). Great review scores all around, they haven't changed my anticipation for this game (been sold since the E3 demo and trailer).

iNvid02

not that it matters but uncharted 2 had over 100 critic reviews - u3 has 39 gathered so far

a few more 10s and the overall will rise to 95 probably, and for a sequel that is amazing

so what im trying to say is STFU and good night

Massa

I just find it ridiculous that at this time of year we're seeing the release of some incredibly amazing games and the hottest threads on GAF are about people bitching at review scores or reviewers.

SMH.

Thunderbear

LightOfTruth said:
LOL, this thread has been lacking in gifs, given the situation.

Personally, I understand why people are frustrated with 8/10. The review doesnt focus on the actual game as it does the medium/genre. Its being held to another standard. That said, its time people just relax. This game is getting an awful amount of 10s for being the sequel to the Uncharted 2.

You could also argue that reviewers are going to be more harsh on Uncharted 3 because of the popularity/success of Uncharted 2. Goes both ways.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kagari said:
If you guys think this is bad, wait until more Zelda reviews roll in.

We should totally do a Uncharted 3 vs. Skyward Sword thread. I want to see those two worlds collide.

Wallach

Snuggler said:
We should totally do a Uncharted 3 vs. Skyward Sword thread. I want to see those two worlds collide.

Well, if we're going to do that we need to add Skyrim on the 11th. We already know Skyward Sword had a lot of lessons to learn from Skyrim.

Thunderbear

Galvanise_ said:

Resistance 3 metacritic is 83, that's dying?

I do agree that the latest Ratchet and Clank wasn't all that great and I was very disappointed. In a way I feel Insomniac didn't care as much because they are going multi-platform. Maybe I am wrong.

But you also failed to mention several other Sony exclusives that are doing just fine. (Not that I want to start that discussion, but your selective abstraction made me want to point that out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom